• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
I want to use a specific texture with link, and I want to replace his bombs with deku nuts.
How would I go about doing this?
^^;;
I don't understand what you mean by "use a specific texture with link," but I can help you with the next part:

Go to Link's subaction 1DE. It should look something like this:

Asynchronous Timer: frames=16
Model Changer: 0-2, 0-1
Bit Variable Set: RA-Bit[17]=true

OR

0B000200: 0-2, 0-1

Whichever one it looks like, replace the line in the middle with this:

Generate Item: 0-12

So that the finished version looks like this:

I think that should help a little bit. From what I remember, Link might either pick out a giant Deku Nut or still pick out a bomb about a quarter of the time, but I'm not sure. This should work, though.

ok, so every time I try to save the .pac file after minor edits, PSA freezes on me, after that, the particular .pac file I tried to edit now becomes unreadable by PSA.... wtf?
If you're using PSA ver. 1.3, are you remembering to use "Save As?"

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
You mean that the character might always move forwards like Falco's side-B but can influence the up and down movement a little? Sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean by that, but if what I said is right, then you can have the animation have the forwards movement and the slight movements can be controlled using control stick inputs and momentum... does that make sense? Sorry for not understanding.
In the move, as soon as you press Up-B, the character moves in one of the eight directions that the analog stick can be pointed in. Then he moves in that direction for a set distance. While he's moving in one of those directions, how can I make it so moving the analog stick will make him move a little. btw, the character I'm talking about is Wolf.

Does the game input the momentum automatically? I changed the translation Z to 1 at the end of the animation. The animation is about 30 frames long if that matters.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
tried save as, still the same effect
Sorry, I really don't know... I can't really suggest anything besides trying to use 0.2.1 instead (because it's better in every way besides editing Dedede and the Pokemon).

In the move, as soon as you press Up-B, the character moves in one of the eight directions that the analog stick can be pointed in. Then he moves in that direction for a set distance. While he's moving in one of those directions, how can I make it so moving the analog stick will make him move a little. btw, the character I'm talking about is Wolf.

Does the game input the momentum automatically? I changed the translation Z to 1 at the end of the animation. The animation is about 30 frames long if that matters.
If you set RA-Bit[18], then you can use the Control Stick to move a little right or left during the animation. This is found in Ike's Aether, so try to visualize something like that if you're going to use this variable.

You can make the movement either through animations or through momentum. Using momentum is easier, but it's a lot less accurate and you're affected by gravity and all that stuff. Using animations is precise, but you'll need to use up 5 animations for just this move (I think), but you can try to use animations like the aerial versions of specials or tilted smashes.

If you're using animations, you have to make animations for up, down, forward, forward and upwards, and forward and downwards. You can make the other three directions using Reverse Direction.

Remember, this is how to detect Control Stick input!

Eldiran said:
~If Joystick is Pressed Back~*
Compare: IC-Basic[243] >= IC-Basic[77]
243 = 1011
77 = 3149
Additional Req: Compare: IC-Basic[9] < IC-Basic[254]
9 = 21001
254 = 23038

*~If Joystick is Pressed Forward~*
Compare: IC-Basic[244] >= IC-Basic[77]
244 = 1012
77 = 3149
Additional Req: Compare: IC-Basic[9] < IC-Basic[254]
9 = 21001
254 = 23038

*~If Joystick is Pressed Up~*
Compare: IC-Basic[250] >= IC-Basic[114]
250 = 1018
114 = 3186

*~If Joystick is Pressed Down~*
Compare: IC-Basic[252] >= IC-Basic[114]
252 = 1020
114 = 3186

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
Okay what if I wanted to say, make the transformation item last longer? for just the character that touches it? I know it has something to do with the RA bits and the remaining transformation time, but that's all. Also, gonna pm u an idea for a sweet psa :3

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Maybe you can try adding to these variables or setting them in Wait subactions or something as a way to try to lengthen the transformation time?

Code:
LA-Basic[30] - Star Remaining Time
LA-Basic[33] - Mushroom Remaining Time
LA-Basic[34] - Lightning Remaining Time
LA-Basic[35] - Size Flag
LA-Basic[37] - Metal Block Remaining Time
More details about the "Size Flag:"

Has something to do with the size effect. 0 = normal, 1 = "Growing to Normal," 2 = "Shrinking to normal," 3 = "Big," super mushroom does nothing, poison goes back to normal, 4 = "Growing," 5 = "Small," poison mushroom does nothing, super goes to normal, 6 = "Shrinking to Small"
I don't know what will happen if you mess with these variables, though... just warning you, it could freeze.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Once a pac saved with 1.3 is corrupt, there is no way to recover it. So you have to start over if you don't have any backups. If you want to use 1.3, you cannot use "Open" more than once without closing the program between. That's the only way to avoid corrupting the pacs.

That being said, I STRONGLY recommend that you download Wiki2PSA for the latest texts.

http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Wiki2PSA

Just put it in your data folder, doubleclick it, and it will silently update them for you to include all of the new events that have been found. All of them. And requirements. And parameters. It's definitely something worth picking up. I advise opening it once every week or so to get the latest updates.

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
Maybe you can try adding to these variables or setting them in Wait subactions or something as a way to try to lengthen the transformation time?

Code:
LA-Basic[30] - Star Remaining Time
LA-Basic[33] - Mushroom Remaining Time
LA-Basic[34] - Lightning Remaining Time
LA-Basic[35] - Size Flag
LA-Basic[37] - Metal Block Remaining Time
More details about the "Size Flag:"

I don't know what will happen if you mess with these variables, though... just warning you, it could freeze.
I've tried adding that. I set it like this.
BasicVariable Add: LA-Basic[33] +99999
That does nothing.
Also tried Basic Variable "Set" the same way that doesn't do anything

I also want to make peach float in place using the RA-0 bit, but when I used that nothing changed.

Also sent u a pm for an interesting psa idea like your siggy says XP

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure that something like transformation times would be in a character's moveset... you might want to look somewhere else, but I really have no idea about this kind of stuff. Maybe the common pacs? Or maybe try to go to the offsets listed in the PSA in the ItemBig and ItemSmall subactions in a hex editor?

Sorry, I just don't know.

And my sig refers to ideas about Lightning, not just any random ideas...

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure that something like transformation times would be in a character's moveset... you might want to look somewhere else, but I really have no idea about this kind of stuff. Maybe the common pacs? Or maybe try to go to the offsets listed in the PSA in the ItemBig and ItemSmall subactions in a hex editor?

Sorry, I just don't know.

And my sig refers to ideas about Lightning, not just any random ideas...
okay then could u send me the messege back(So I can copy/paste it to the other forum) and I'l make a topic in the psa request forum for him XD

As for the hex editing, is it that difficult to pick up? like with no coding experiance whatsoever lol

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
I sent it back, but you could've checked your "Sent Items" folder...

Hex editing is hard (I'd say so, at least =/ ), but if it's in an area where a lot of people have documented the headers and how it's formatted and everything, like hexing the hitboxes of some articles, thanks to TSON and Kirk and their thread, that's not very hard.

But I think something like items' transformation times is relatively undocumented, so it'll probably be a lot harder...

Darklinkreturns

Smash Rookie
I think that should help a little bit. From what I remember, Link might either pick out a giant Deku Nut or still pick out a bomb about a quarter of the time, but I'm not sure. This should work, though.
no giant deku nuts or anything, but when I pull out a deku nut, one of link's bombs appears in the center of the stage, sometimes passing through the ground, but usually not.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... try deleting everything in every tab and then in the Main tab, leaving just this:

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I really don't know... I can't really suggest anything besides trying to use 0.2.1 instead (because it's better in every way besides editing Dedede and the Pokemon).

If you set RA-Bit[18], then you can use the Control Stick to move a little right or left during the animation. This is found in Ike's Aether, so try to visualize something like that if you're going to use this variable.

You can make the movement either through animations or through momentum. Using momentum is easier, but it's a lot less accurate and you're affected by gravity and all that stuff. Using animations is precise, but you'll need to use up 5 animations for just this move (I think), but you can try to use animations like the aerial versions of specials or tilted smashes.

If you're using animations, you have to make animations for up, down, forward, forward and upwards, and forward and downwards. You can make the other three directions using Reverse Direction.

Remember, this is how to detect Control Stick input!

Pretty late to be saying this but thank you, it worked

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I sent it back, but you could've checked your "Sent Items" folder...

Hex editing is hard (I'd say so, at least =/ ), but if it's in an area where a lot of people have documented the headers and how it's formatted and everything, like hexing the hitboxes of some articles, thanks to TSON and Kirk and their thread, that's not very hard.

But I think something like items' transformation times is relatively undocumented, so it'll probably be a lot harder...
Also rather late but, you don't have to hex edit hitboxes. You can stick them in the subroutine tab of PSA and edit them like that.

Michi

Smash Apprentice
I´ve found no PSA Q&A thread so I post it here.
I´ve hacked the animation from ToonLinks up-Smash (Now he does two up-smashes in one)
But in Brawl only the first up-smash hits the opponent, now I have to change TL´s up-smash in SA, I tried to do it, but I´ve got always the same solution. What do I have to do, that all two up-smashes hit

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
put a terminate collisions when the first up smash ends, and then copypaste the hitboxes after that

GNKyrios

Smash Cadet
hmm, in trying to rebalance brawl+, i have freedom with some characters like zelda, but lets say ganandorf, i only increased his airF launch angle and damage and the game gets stuck after selecting him, same with many others.

also is there a way to slow down or speed up an animation?

GNKyrios

Smash Cadet
hmm, in trying to rebalance brawl+, i have freedom with some characters like zelda, but lets say ganandorf, i only increased his airF launch angle and damage and the game gets stuck after selecting him, same with many others.

also is there a way to slow down or speed up an animation?
ok i found that part of it was about the SD, when i copied over the files again it worked, but still i have limitations on what i can do, for example, changing hitbox size, knockback is all good, but anything with frame data tends to fail, some things like adding more frames after the terminate collisions is fine, but when i want to add frames at the beggining, so the hitbox comes out later it doesnt work (game freezes when selecting character or afte selecting stage).

any clues? remember im editing brawl+ characters.

the last thing i did was making rob tiltF start at frame 10 instead of 6, reduced by 1unit all hitboxes, airF, reduced all hitbox by 1unit, comes out at frame 10 instead of 6, second hitbox last 8 frames instead of 16, thats all, anyone care to try those changes and see if the game freezes too?

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody know how to add a sword-trail in PSA? I mean, I copied over a few of links models for the swordflare and swordtrace and then in PSA I copied over a line from the zero PSA that made the trail appear but it won't take the texture that's there unless Zero is also in the match. And I don't know what each parameter does so I can't even get it to line up with the actual sword on Klonoa. Right now it's more like a toilet paper trail coming from his ring rather than a sword trace.

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
Does anybody know how to add a sword-trail in PSA? I mean, I copied over a few of links models for the swordflare and swordtrace and then in PSA I copied over a line from the zero PSA that made the trail appear but it won't take the texture that's there unless Zero is also in the match. And I don't know what each parameter does so I can't even get it to line up with the actual sword on Klonoa. Right now it's more like a toilet paper trail coming from his ring rather than a sword trace.
Three words.

External

Graphics

EDITOR

You can find a link to it in this thread.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=17987.0

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Three words.

External

Graphics

EDITOR

You can find a link to it in this thread.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=17987.0
Although this is really cool and I'm sure it'll be really useful in the future of project Klonoa, it doesn't count the swordtrail as an external graphic because it's not listed. =/

And also; I have a new problem, whenever I try to change what bone that hitboxes are attached to in Klonoa's PSA, it freezes the game. Any Idea's as to what I'm doing wrong?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Can anyone tell me how I can edit projectiles in PSA?
Im trying to change the damage, and the effect on them but i cant figure it out at all!

TimSkully

Smash Rookie
Trying to edit Pit's arrow effects. Plz help

So im havin a bit of trouble trying to find where i need to go in the PSA to edit pit's regular arrow effects to having electric arrow effect when a person is hit. Can someone help? Thanks in Advance!

squidgy617

Smash Rookie
For some reason, PSA crashes whenever I try to save. It just freezes up and I get the "program is not responding" thing. I wait, and I wait... but nothing happens, and because it crashes it seems to not finish saving and I end up with what appears to be a file that is far too small.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Windstar120025

Smash Apprentice
Hello Im just starting out and i was wanting to know if any one knew how to change bone structure for such. I would like to be able to change a Jiggillypuff into a Blaziken i have move sets in mind and i think i can get the move sets done but the bonestructure is what messes me up please help

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Hello Im just starting out and i was wanting to know if any one knew how to change bone structure for such. I would like to be able to change a Jiggillypuff into a Blaziken i have move sets in mind and i think i can get the move sets done but the bonestructure is what messes me up please help
You are going to need Brawl Box for that one. Brawl Box will take care of the bones and stuff, then PSA will take care of the moveset. I would recommend using a Blaziken texture for Captain Falcon then editing his moveset instead. Good luck!

Nguz95

Smash Lord
HEEY! LISTEN!
I need a bit of help. I know this thread is kind of dead, but do any of you know how Project M implemented dash-dancing. If you can help me i will credit you for my Mewtwo project!

Kamek24

Smash Rookie
Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know if there's a variable that indicates what character each player is using that I could make use of in PSA in an If/Else statement?

Kirbycide20XX

Smash Rookie
I've been trying for quite a while to get kirby to have his kirbycide throws from melee, and I just don't know what to do with them, any ideas?

Jesse4060

Smash Cadet
So, I'm trying to bring my OC into Smash Bros. Brawl as a mod (Yes, I'm new to modding). I'm up to Installation and first time startup, but I'm stuck. The links it provides me with lead to moved/not available pages. So I can't move on, please help.

Top Bottom