• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Prince of the Katamari series for Smash Bros. Fighter Pass DLC (Fighter Pass/Moveset Speculation and Wishes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

InjusticP5

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6507-7831-2895
Fighter 71-75: The Prince
Series: Katamari
First Appearance: Katamari Damacy (2004)

Introduction: The Prince is a little guy whose sole purpose of existing in his games is to fix the the problems caused by his father, the King of All Cosmos. One time it was because his dad accidentally destroyed all the stars in the sky in a drunken stupor, one time it was because his father became a Super Star on Earth and had the Prince fulfill requests of his fans, one time it was because his dad was so good at tennis he accidentally ripped a hole in the fabric of reality and destroyed everything in the universe, except the Earth. The Prince uses Katamaris to roll up various objects on Earth, including living things, for The King of All Cosmos to use to recreate stars and other planetary bodies to full the sky. The Prince may be small, 5cm tall in fact, but with a Katamari, he has the power to wipe out all life on the Planet in mere hours.

Fighter Pass Speculation
Stage - Earth: The stage will take place in varies different parts on Earth, the highly stylized version of Earth seen in Katamari. The fighters will start on a normal street, cars passing by and usual Katamari wackiness happening, i.e. a tower of sumo wrestlers spinning in place or a fight in the ocean between a Voltron robot and a giant Octopus. After a while you start seeing a giant ball of things rolling everything up. When it start coming for the players, a platform lifts up all the players and soars over to America, where everything is peaceful, what with the warmblooded square-faced white guys running around with watermelons in hand and the Statue of Liberty of the coast of the White House, than you see an even larger ball of things roll up buildings and islands. You get the gist of it. After a while, the fighters are fighting in space where the Earth can be seen with a giant ball of things rolling up clouds and continents, before the Earth gets reset by the King of All Cosmos and it starts back over.

The Prince's Moveset
Unique Mechanic
King of All Cosmos Appeasement:
In the Katamari games, the King of All Cosmos is always the driving force of everything that happens. He creates the Katamari for The Prince to use. He puts things on the Earth every time the Prince needs to make stars, however, he isn't always willing to help his son out. He will often insult his son about many things, from his peculiarly small size to the quality of the Katamari's he rolls. Same with Smash Bros. Above the Prince's portrait, there will be a frilly looking circle, similar to the progress meter seen in the home games. As The Prince performs well in Smash, wracking up damage, rolling up things with his Katamari, this circle-shaped meter will fill up. The Prince can expend points from this Appeasement Meter to summon additional Katamaris more often and have the King assist in recovery. You simply hold the Special button when performing a Special move to have the King's effects take place.

Miscellaneous Stuff: Like Olimar, The Prince will be made large enough to stand against the other fighters, but still shorter than average. He will be a tad shorter than Mario, but around the same weight as Kirby. His general attack range is fairly poor, as his limbs are kind of stumpy, but when you get into the moveset, you'll see that he has access to the series staple Katamari, which can be used for stage control and to help set up for powerful kill confirms.
Alternate Costumes/Colors: I think that The Prince's colors will all reference different Cousins of his from the different games. I don't know which one's they will choose, but I would imagine any of his weird-looking Cousins being included as reference colors for The Prince. I would propose some of them being actual characters like Bowser Jr. with the Koopalings, but I like the Prince a lot and would like for him to stay himself with his colors:

Taunts
- Jumps up and down, raising his arms above his head as he does.
- He does a little dance that consists of 3 frames of animation.
- The Prince stands calmly and whistles to himself.

Normals
- Jab: Swipes his hand left to right and finishes it with a headbutt.
- Dash Attack: He reels back and charges forward, shoving his arms ahead of himself.
Grab
- Grab: The Prince reaches forward and grabs his opponent, dealing less than average damage from pummeling.
Throws
- Up: He tosses them above himself and pogos them back into the air off of his antenna.
- Forward: He balls the target up and rolls them forward like a Katamari, before punting them away. Similarly to Ken's Hell Wheel back throw, this covers a lot of ground.
- Back: Spins around and tosses the target very limply.
- Down: Standard down throw, The Prince chucks the opponent at the ground and pops them up slightly.
Tilts
- Up: He hops up in place with a headbutt. His antenna acts as a sweetspot for extra damage.
- Side: Holds his arms out and spins forwards.
- Down: With his Crouching animations being similar to Dedede's, he slides himself along the ground a decent distance while kicking his legs
Smashes
- Up: He does a backflip, lands and performs a dragon punch-esque uppercut. Takes a while to pull off, but when he does the backflip, you can move The Prince while he is in the air.
- Side: A very aggressive dropkick. Deals high knockback if you
- Down: Spins into a seated position on the ground. Hits multiple times.
Aerials
- Up: The Prince flips upside-down and kicks both feet upwards.
- Forward: Tills sideways and spins, similarly to the ways Sonic does his F-air.
- Neutral: Does a mid-air cartwheel that hits multiple times.
- Back: Turns around in air and slaps with his hand.
- Down: He turns upside-down and spins with his hands above his head, acting as a meteor smash at higher percents.

Specials
- Neutral: Katamari - The Prince holds his arms up and in a Rainbow ray from the sky, a Katamari appears before him. This has a lot of unique applications:
  • The Katamari has a constant Grab hitbox. If you get caught by it, you can easily mash out of it, but it becomes harder and harder to mash out at higher percents.
  • The Katamari can roll up almost any intractable item or object, from Pokeballs to Pokemon, Assist Trophies, even the Smash Ball itself. Similarly to Wario's Bike, after the Katamari disappears, it cannot be re-summoned for a bit.
  • Certain moves can interact with the Katamari to make it move and roll differently, like his Dash Attack will make it roll forward quickly, while his Down-Tilt will pop it up a bit.
  • The Katamari cannot be destroyed, but after about 15-20 seconds, it will vanish in a white flash of light. Anyone attached to the Katamari at that time will take major damage.
  • Walking or running into the Katamari will have The Prince push it like in his games, and you can switch which side you are on by holding shield and the direction that the Katamari is.
  • The Prince can expend points from his Appeasement Meter to summon his Katamari sooner, or even more points to create a larger Katamari than normal.
- Side: Vortex - The Prince can pull things and players towards himself with this move. This can be used to pull enemies into the Katamari, or it can be used to pull people close to help continue combos. This does not effect the Katamari and will not pull it closer to you when used. You can expend meter to have the Vortex deal damage and The Prince will become a hitbox which can be comboed out of.

- Up: High Jump - The Prince can simply jumps really high, straight up, with no sort of hitbox to be seen. The Prince can expend points from his Meter to have a Rainbow affect around him as he flies up, adding more height to his recovery and powerful hitbox at the peak of this jump. The animation changes to him in a sort of Superman pose as he is engulfed in Rainbow.

- Down: Angel Flash - The Katamari will be surrounded by 2 Angelic beings and they will take the Katamari away in a flash of light. This action takes 3 seconds and deals okay damage to opponents trapped on it. Expending points from the Meter will have the King's head appear above the Katamari instead and he will blast the Katamari away with his Rainbow and deal much more damage and knockback.

Final Smash: Royal Rainbow Star Creation - The Prince summons a very large Katamari with a Smash logo on it and rolls forward quickly. If at least one fighter gets stuck to the Katamari, after a certain distance, a Rainbow vortex appears and the The Prince and his Katamari go into it. This takes The Prince and all of his victims into Space where the King of All Cosmos takes the Katamari with the fighters stuck to it and tosses it into the Cosmos, where the Katamari flashes brightly and becomes a star. If the fighters are at or above 120%, they die instantly and become part of the star, otherwise the victims are launched. On certain stages, like Battlefield or Unova Pokemon League, you can see this star in the background.

Closing Statement: I really think that the Prince would be an interesting addition, and I also think that his chances aren't too bad. Nintendo recently rereleased Katamary Damacy on the Switch, funny enough on the same day as Smash Ultimate (yikes), under the name Katamari Damacy Reroll, so I think he could show up. There currently isn't anything in Smash Ultimate for Katamari Damacy. This doesn't mean anything, but they could maybe add it when The Prince comes out as DLC maybe.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I'd absolutely love to have anything Katamari included in Smash. The Prince is my pipedream pick, not super likely but, man, I'd be hyped over the moon to have him. Plus, we need that God-tier soundtrack in Smash.

InjusticP5

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6507-7831-2895
I'd absolutely love to have anything Katamari included in Smash. The Prince is my pipedream pick, not super likely but, man, I'd be hyped over the moon to have him. Plus, we need that God-tier soundtrack in Smash.
Some would say the same for Joker, but he's the first one. Joker being in Smash hinged almost entirely on the fact that Sakurai likes Persona 5, I have hope. Reggie said that these DLC characters would surprise us.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Some would say the same for Joker, but he's the first one. Joker being in Smash hinged almost entirely on the fact that Sakurai likes Persona 5, I have hope. Reggie said that these DLC characters would surprise us.
You're right about that, never in a million years would I have guessed Joker would make it. The focus on "unexpected and exciting" picks does have me excited as it's great to step away from the usual fan favorites already discussed hours on end and shift our focus to some fresh faces. With Katamari on the Switch (finally), there's hope for the little guy and I couldn't be happier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom