• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Priestess of Dawn, Micaiah for Smash! (Spirits are no longer a deal edition).

Do you like Micaiah?

• Yes

Votes: 108 84.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • I don't care

Votes: 13 10.2%

• Total voters

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
I doubt it would happen, but what are your thoughts of Micaiah as a Zelda echo? I think it would work out pretty well since Zelda has a lot of light based attacks (her aerials) and the Phantom she summons could be replaced with Black Knight teleporting in as he always does. They basically have the same models now since Zelda got her Alttp/Albw hair.

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
I don't know what exactly are you expecting to get here Mr Astilpe. But have a nice day regardless.
Handled with poise; just as Micaiah would have. Speaking of waifus I really don't understand the argument that Fire Emblem has always had waifus. Sure, the series has had multidimensional characters that are motivated by their back stories that are cleverly told through the relationships they have with other characters, and they are certainly well loved for that, but we've never had an avatar of ourselves in game that is able to marry other characters til Awakening (to my knowledge. I believe FE12 had a avatar, but not sure to what extent he was involved in the story). Not that I'm hating on it since a lot of people do like it, it's just that it is a fairly new aspect in the series.

Troykv

Smash Master
I doubt it would happen, but what are your thoughts of Micaiah as a Zelda echo? I think it would work out pretty well since Zelda has a lot of light based attacks (her aerials) and the Phantom she summons could be replaced with Black Knight teleporting in as he always does. They basically have the same models now since Zelda got her Alttp/Albw hair.
In fact; that is something I have thought before; it would be fun to do see Micaiah doing Zelda Stuff; but it wouldn't feel weird thanks to all the light in Zelda's moves.

Would you like to do a Micaiah Version of Zelda's moveset? It's fun to brainstorm a bit xD.

Handled with poise; just as Micaiah would have. Speaking of waifus I really don't understand the argument that Fire Emblem has always had waifus. Sure, the series has had multidimensional characters that are motivated by their back stories that are cleverly told through the relationships they have with other characters, and they are certainly well loved for that, but we've never had an avatar of ourselves in game that is able to marry other characters til Awakening (to my knowledge. I believe FE12 had a avatar, but not sure to what extent he was involved in the story). Not that I'm hating on it since a lot of people do like it, it's just that it is a fairly new aspect in the series.
I think people just is talking about female characters were always designed to be pretty; I guess that is the reason why they say that.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Oh welcome Bravado! It's pretty nice to found someone that knew about Micaiah since the early days; maybe Micaiah isn't in her best days; but we'll continue to exist to support her in Smash (you can found some interesting stuff in the main page)

And okay!; I'll add you to the support list :happysheep:

I don't know what exactly are you expecting to get here Mr Astilpe. But have a nice day regardless.
Thank you for the warm welcome Troykv Troykv ! I appreciate it very much :)

Troykv

Smash Master
Thank you for the warm welcome Troykv Troykv ! I appreciate it very much :)
I'm glad :3

---

Some days ago I wrote some posts in the Smash Ultimate General Discussion Thread; and they were dedicate to describe some stuff about Micaiah quickly.

If you're interested I put it in this Spoiler.

I always portrayed Micaiah as floaty; and she being slow in the land it's something that probably most of the fandom would agree (her speed it's mediocre; and for most of the game even a bit bad; specially for FE10's standarts.); but using a character that lacks Speed in anyway it's not appealing,
and it would feel like a pushing bag otherwise.

Compared with Jigglypuff she would be slightly more "fatty" (having like Mewtwo's weight, or something similar); obviously a lot taller
(but would still be the second shortest of the playable humanoid female characters just higher that Inkling... third if you count Villager too)...
She would still be slower that Jigglypuff in the air, and lack her multiple jumps; and her more humanoid physique makes her easier to hit and kill;
but she also compesates this having a lot more range (both for the Humanoid proportions and the magic attacks), like Jiggly she has some powerful toys to destroy her enemies; but outside of the basic B Projectil, the rest are quite risky to use (Sleep Staff has endlag and Micaiah's UpAir/FAir are also a bit slow).

And this would perfectly makes sense with Micaiah's playstyle in Radiant Dawn; she is quite fragile, so she needs to keep space to avoid damage; when she has an opportunity to approach she can do some really heavy damage (in RD partially thanks to Thani being effective against many units); but if for some reason you make a little mistake with your positioning; she will be punished hard; specially if the enemy has powerful Physical Weapons.

I'm mostly comparing her to Jiggly to show that Micaiah's way of working isn't as insane as it would look at first glance.

Micaiah
The Main Character of Radiant Dawn; also know as the Divine Silver Maiden/Silver-Haired Maiden, and the Priestess of Dawn. Micaiah fights using her tomes, which allow her to have additional range in her attacks. Like in her original game; Micaiah is quite slow; and its extremely vulnerable to damage because of her low constituion, making her quite difficult to use. She compesates this having access a many ranged attacks that allow her to maintaint distance with her adversaries, and she is actually faster in air, so don't be afraid of trying an approach with an aerial attack!. Micaiah's Light (Neutral) can be charged to have different effects.

Thani (Side) can break shields, and Sleep Staff (Down) it's her ultimate punish tool, making people sleep and allow her to start a combo. Her Final Smash
"Great Corona and RexAura" can pull the other players before landing for it's final explosion.

Theme: Versatile Glass Cannon.

This explanation basically explains how Micaiah would work, and explain the similiraties with characters like Zelda and Jigglypuff to avoid creating stuff that looks absurd for Smash.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'm glad :3

---

Some days ago I wrote some posts in the Smash Ultimate General Discussion Thread; and they were dedicate to describe some stuff about Micaiah quickly.

If you're interested I put it in this Spoiler.

I always portrayed Micaiah as floaty; and she being slow in the land it's something that probably most of the fandom would agree (her speed it's mediocre; and for most of the game even a bit bad; specially for FE10's standarts.); but using a character that lacks Speed in anyway it's not appealing,
and it would feel like a pushing bag otherwise.

Compared with Jigglypuff she would be slightly more "fatty" (having like Mewtwo's weight, or something similar); obviously a lot taller
(but would still be the second shortest of the playable humanoid female characters just higher that Inkling... third if you count Villager too)...
She would still be slower that Jigglypuff in the air, and lack her multiple jumps; and her more humanoid physique makes her easier to hit and kill;
but she also compesates this having a lot more range (both for the Humanoid proportions and the magic attacks), like Jiggly she has some powerful toys to destroy her enemies; but outside of the basic B Projectil, the rest are quite risky to use (Sleep Staff has endlag and Micaiah's UpAir/FAir are also a bit slow).

And this would perfectly makes sense with Micaiah's playstyle in Radiant Dawn; she is quite fragile, so she needs to keep space to avoid damage; when she has an opportunity to approach she can do some really heavy damage (in RD partially thanks to Thani being effective against many units); but if for some reason you make a little mistake with your positioning; she will be punished hard; specially if the enemy has powerful Physical Weapons.

I'm mostly comparing her to Jiggly to show that Micaiah's way of working isn't as insane as it would look at first glance.

Micaiah
The Main Character of Radiant Dawn; also know as the Divine Silver Maiden/Silver-Haired Maiden, and the Priestess of Dawn. Micaiah fights using her tomes, which allow her to have additional range in her attacks. Like in her original game; Micaiah is quite slow; and its extremely vulnerable to damage because of her low constituion, making her quite difficult to use. She compesates this having access a many ranged attacks that allow her to maintaint distance with her adversaries, and she is actually faster in air, so don't be afraid of trying an approach with an aerial attack!. Micaiah's Light (Neutral) can be charged to have different effects.

Thani (Side) can break shields, and Sleep Staff (Down) it's her ultimate punish tool, making people sleep and allow her to start a combo. Her Final Smash
"Great Corona and RexAura" can pull the other players before landing for it's final explosion.

Theme: Versatile Glass Cannon.

This explanation basically explains how Micaiah would work, and explain the similiraties with characters like Zelda and Jigglypuff to avoid creating stuff that looks absurd for Smash.
Even though I said this in a certain server, well done with the concept.

Her being a glass canon with good magic is true to how she plays in Radiant Dawn. Not bad with her weight either.

Gildiss

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0103-9270-5127
Troykv Troykv You helped to convince me that Micaih should be in smash. I hope she uses her magic to the fullest.

Troykv

Smash Master
Even though I said this in a certain server, well done with the concept.

Her being a glass canon with good magic is true to how she plays in Radiant Dawn. Not bad with her weight either.
Thanks!

What do you think it would be the best Weight value for Micaiah? o.o

Troykv Troykv You helped to convince me that Micaih should be in smash. I hope she uses her magic to the fullest.
Welcome Gildiss! I'm happy you liked my posts heheh :3

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Thanks!

What do you think it would be the best Weight value for Micaiah? o.o

Personally, I can see her being lighter than Lucina at least.

Making her the lightest Fire Emblem fighter of the cast.

It makes sense since well, she's not wearing armor or holding a sword.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I'm not as familiar with as others of the series, but a healer would be pretty rad and unique to play as. Plus, adding more FE characters will make me happy.

Troykv

Smash Master
Personally, I can see her being lighter than Lucina at least.

Making her the lightest Fire Emblem fighter of the cast.

It makes sense since well, she's not wearing armor or holding a sword.
And she is also shorter than the FE Main Characters in Smash (specially Ike of course), and her figure is quite slim xD.

I would love to have Micaiah and she would have a unique moveset but I don't see it happening.
I know is unlikely; but is always nice to dream!

Do you want to join the supporters list?

I'm not as familiar with as others of the series, but a healer would be pretty rad and unique to play as. Plus, adding more FE characters will make me happy.
Welcome to the club Mac!

Micaiah will offers us something different that nobody else in Fire Emblem Protags can :happysheep:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
And she is also shorter than the FE Main Characters in Smash (specially Ike of course), and her figure is quite slim xD.

Welcome to the club Mac!

Micaiah will offers us something different that nobody else in Fire Emblem Protags can :happysheep:
Thanks! I'm all for characters that bring something new to the table.

volbound1700

Smash Master

Welcome to the club Mac!

Sure, why not. Micaiah's best chance was Brawl and Wii U when the Ike series (what I choose to call it) was more prevalent.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Sure, why not. Micaiah's best chance was Brawl and Wii U when the Ike series (what I choose to call it) was more prevalent.
She had a pretty strong following back in the Brawl days too. I remember people saw her as the third FE choice leading up to that game.

Troykv

Smash Master
She had a pretty strong following back in the Brawl days too. I remember people saw her as the third FE choice leading up to that game.
You're absolutely right; but that hadn't stop other fanbases (specially for characters like Krystal, that are in a worse position that her... somehow) of supporting their wanted character even if their chances aren't as great as before.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
You're absolutely right; but that hadn't stop other fanbases (specially for characters like Krystal, that are in a worse position that her... somehow) of supporting their wanted character even if their chances aren't as great as before.
Absolutely. I was meaning it more of a point that her fans have been at it for pretty long, so the demand for her should be pretty well known. As far as I can tell, this should only help her.

Last edited:

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
I am a big fan of Micaiah in Radiant Dawn to the point where she could make a cool and unique character in smash. I support!

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I've started typing up a moveset for Micaiah. Going as into detail as I can with it. For example, with what I have typed up so far, her run animation is based on her run from the opening cutscene of RD, one of her walk animations is based on her walk during chapters, her dodges are based on the ones from RD and her palettes are based on her 3 classes, Sanaki, Sothe, Daein soldiers, the herons and Yune. There's more I have typed up but I'll save it all for another post when I have it all finished. Pretty much just something for me to do when it's too early for me to go to bed but too late for me to get invested in a game. I also have links to all of the references so anyone who's uninformed can see what I'm referring to.

Troykv

Smash Master
Absolutely. I was meaning it more of a point that her fans have been at it for pretty long, so the demand for her should be pretty well known. As far as I can tell, this should only help her.
Exactly Mac!

I am a big fan of Micaiah in Radiant Dawn to the point where she could make a cool and unique character in smash. I support!
Welcome to the Club Zagar! I remember you from another topics; I'm happy to see you in the Main Micaiah Thread :happysheep:

I've started typing up a moveset for Micaiah. Going as into detail as I can with it. For example, with what I have typed up so far, her run animation is based on her run from the opening cutscene of RD, one of her walk animations is based on her walk during chapters, her dodges are based on the ones from RD and her palettes are based on her 3 classes, Sanaki, Sothe, Daein soldiers, the herons and Yune. There's more I have typed up but I'll save it all for another post when I have it all finished. Pretty much just something for me to do when it's too early for me to go to bed but too late for me to get invested in a game. I also have links to all of the references so anyone who's uninformed can see what I'm referring to.
Oh Krysco that is great! I specially love to see moveset when it have references (and as far I can see, there are many :3).

Do your best!

November

Smash Rookie
Big fire emblem fan here and I would love to see Micaiah added. I'm glad to find that there are at least a few people here who share the sentiment :)
I think it's a shame that FE characters have pretty much just been lumped together as "anime swordsman" clones when there's really so much diversity of characters in the actual series... Micaiah could be such a unique and fun addition and I'd love to see a pure mage character in smash. Probably never gonna happen but if it does I'll be pretty excited. Please add me to the Dawn Brigade Troykv Troykv :)

Troykv

Smash Master
Big fire emblem fan here and I would love to see Micaiah added. I'm glad to find that there are at least a few people here who share the sentiment :)
I think it's a shame that FE characters have pretty much just been lumped together as "anime swordsman" clones when there's really so much diversity of characters in the actual series... Micaiah could be such a unique and fun addition and I'd love to see a pure mage character in smash. Probably never gonna happen but if it does I'll be pretty excited. Please add me to the Dawn Brigade Troykv Troykv :)
Welcome November :3

I'm always happy to see people that likes Micaiah and see her potential; and its a shame most of the MC feel similar. But for that reason we need to join a support her with more strength :D

(Sorry; I'm a bit sick; I'll add you to the support list tomorrow)

Troykv

Smash Master
This post is just a reminder to anyone playing Fire Emblem Heroes that in two hours and a half it will begin the Distant Defense Banner

https://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/img/topics/detail/img_20180711.png

And as you would imagine; this means a Micaiah Banner! (And also a Celica and Rhajat banner), anyone interested in getting Micaiah this is a great chance to doing so.

Personally I'll wait until the Legendary Banner is revealed before spending orbs at big numbers xD

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Got another chance to work on my Micaiah moveset. 'Bout to head to bed since I work nights tonight but I figured I'd give a quick list of what all I have covered in it so far
Covered:
Weight
Height
General movement speed
Palettes
Stage appearance
Boxing Ring Title
Walk animation
Dash animation
Back roll
Forward roll
Spot dodge
Lying down animation
Final Smash
Down smash
Smash attack charge animation
Up smash
Taunts
Victory poses
Crouch animation
Forward throw
Jab
Pummel
Grab
Back throw
Up throw
Down throw
Neutral special
Forward tilt
Down tilt
Up tilt
Down special
Side special
Up special
No idea when I'll work on it again but I'm actually quite enjoying what I've come up with so far. Only had loose ideas when I first started but I think I've finally got a theme so to speak to work with. I'll post the full thing with all details when I've got it finished. It's also unorganized as heck right now since I'm just writing down whatever thoughts come to mind in that order. Gonna organize it after I've got everything done.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Got another chance to work on my Micaiah moveset. 'Bout to head to bed since I work nights tonight but I figured I'd give a quick list of what all I have covered in it so far
Covered:
Weight
Height
General movement speed
Palettes
Stage appearance
Boxing Ring Title
Walk animation
Dash animation
Back roll
Forward roll
Spot dodge
Lying down animation
Final Smash
Down smash
Up smash
Taunts
Victory poses
Crouch animation
Forward throw
Jab
Pummel
Grab
Back throw
Up throw
Down throw
Neutral special
Forward tilt
Down tilt
Up tilt
Down special
Side special
Up special
No idea when I'll work on it again but I'm actually quite enjoying what I've come up with so far. Only had loose ideas when I first started but I think I've finally got a theme so to speak to work with. I'll post the full thing with all details when I've got it finished. It's also unorganized as heck right now since I'm just writing down whatever thoughts come to mind in that order. Gonna organize it after I've got everything done.
I look forward to seeing it once it's ready.

Troykv

Smash Master
Covered:
Weight
Height
General movement speed
Palettes
Stage appearance
Boxing Ring Title
Walk animation
Dash animation
Back roll
Forward roll
Spot dodge
Lying down animation
Final Smash
Down smash
Up smash
Taunts
Victory poses
Crouch animation
Forward throw
Jab
Pummel
Grab
Back throw
Up throw
Down throw
Neutral special
Forward tilt
Down tilt
Up tilt
Down special
Side special
Up special
Wow! You already have a ton of work done! That is awesome; I'm excited to see how the final moveset ended up looking :3

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Decided I'd focus on finishing the moveset this morning before I sleep for another night shift so here it is. Fair warning though, I do spoil things about Radiant Dawn to help give as much clarity as possible with certain parts of her moveset.
Miscellaneous stuff:
To start things off, I'll mention that I feel Micaiah should be a middle height lightweight. She should be shorter than Ike but taller than Mario and she doesn't wear armor or have heavy weapons nor is she large herself so the light weight makes sense.

For palettes, we'll assume she'll have 8. Her first would be her Light Mage outfit

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...est/scale-to-width-down/250?cb=20160930101019

Her second outfit would be her Light Sage outfit

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/File:Lightsage.PNG

Her third would be her Light Priestess outfit

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/File:Ike_and_Yune_in_the_final_battle.png

Her fourth would be based on Sothe's Rogue outfit

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...est/scale-to-width-down/280?cb=20160930101401 Optional whether her hair changes colour though I'd personally keep it silver (helps since her Boxing Ring title could literally be Silver Haired Maiden although there are other names that work)

Her fifth would be based on the armor of a Daein soldier

https://youtu.be/b3yjuq4QYNk?t=29m3s

Her sixth would be based on Sanaki

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...est/scale-to-width-down/290?cb=20180502004212

Her seventh would be based on the herons Rafiel, Leanne and Reyson

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...est/scale-to-width-down/350?cb=20170508093504

And her eighth outfit would be based on Yune

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...est/scale-to-width-down/285?cb=20130113134233

I feel these 8 work rather well as they're all based on things tied to Micaiah (her 3 classes, her 'boyfriend' for lack of a better word, her countrymen, her sister, the laguz she has the closest tie to and the goddess that accompanies her) and she gets proper outfits for team battles with the Light Mage and Sanaki outfits being red, the Light Sage having blue in it and the Sothe outfit having green in it. And there's even yellow thanks to Yune's outfit.

Another potential outfit could be one based on Sephiran. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...est/scale-to-width-down/289?cb=20151018000605 The reason for Sephiran is he is Micaiah's ancestor.

Her stage appearance could be warp magic. Unoriginal, I know since all other FE characters save for Corrin use it but it makes sense for Micaiah given that she's a mage.

One of her walk animations is based on her walk animation during chapters https://youtu.be/ig7a_nULdDc?t=4m55s The uploader changes the speed to max like a sane person afterwards so I can't show it off outside of that cutscene. Characters in Smash also have more than one walk animation so Micaiah would require some unique ones made.

Her run animation is based on her run in the opening cutscene of Radiant Dawn https://youtu.be/ig7a_nULdDc?t=3m18s

Her lying down on back animation could be based on when she gets knocked down https://youtu.be/dLoNkLC5FIU?t=21s Lying down on front animation would have to be original.

Her crouch animation would be similar to Zelda's, going off the opening cutscene of RD again. https://youtu.be/2m_-WjCdIBg?t=8m36s Micaiah would not have a crawl.

Micaiah would have low movement speed much like how she's slow in RD. Plus I envision her as having a turtler playstyle.

Sleep animation would be similar to Marth's, having Micaiah kneel down and supporting herself with her staff.

Ledge grab animation would be Micaiah holding herself up with both hands. Ledge attack would be her pulling herself up and jabbing out her staff.

Both get up attack animations would have Micaiah hit to one side and then the other with her staff.

Normal grounded attacks:

Her jab combo would be a basic 2 hit combo with her staff, the first hit being an upward swing based on Mist's staff attack animation https://youtu.be/dLoNkLC5FIU?t=9m16s and the second hit would be a higher up hit based on the regular staff attack animation. https://youtu.be/dLoNkLC5FIU?t=6m18s This jab would be like Samus' where it doesn't connect fully until higher percents, the first hit would knock the opponent up while the second knocks them away, allowing Micaiah to continue attacking from afar with her spells. One could also choose not to do the second hit to attempt to follow up into a different attack.

Her forward tilt would have her turn her staff to make the bottom face the same direction she's facing and have her jab it outwards. This tilt would be primarily for trying to keep the opponent out so Micaiah could continue to attack at long range. Could also lead to tech chase scenarios, especially with Purge.

Her down tilt would be a kick, similar to Zelda's or Ryu's strong down tilt and would pop the opponent up, allowing for combos.

Her up tilt would be a quick swipe upwards with her staff, being a decently disjointed hitbox to anti air with and having low enough endlag to allow for combos at low percents. Horizontal range would be poor but would cover directly in front of and behind her.

Her smash attack charging animations could be based on her critical animations https://youtu.be/dLoNkLC5FIU?t=31s

Forward smash would be Micaiah casting Shine in front of her. There would be a sweetspot at the middle of the spell and as the move spreads outwards, it would get weaker.

Down smash would be her casting 2 Light or Ellight spells on both sides of her (so think Megaman's down smash but the hitboxes start above Micaiah and come down beside her).

Up smash is similar to Mewtwo's but a single hit instead of multihit. Based on the spell she uses in the opening cutscene of Radiant Dawn https://youtu.be/ig7a_nULdDc?t=3m5s

Dash attack would be a twirl before striking with the staff. Specifically thinking a backhand strike with it as that seems the quickest and most natural option out of a twirl. Would have a short burst as she starts the twirl before quickly stopping.

Aerials:

Neutral air would be a quick twirl as Micaiah releases light magic, hitting all around her. Would have a semi spike angle.

Forward air would be an overhead swing with the staff complete with Micaiah doing a somersault (think Rosalina's forward air but in the opposite direction).

Back air would have her strike behind her with the butt end of her staff. Thinking something like Pit's back air but with more range.

Up air would be a quick light spell, appearing a decent distance above Micaiah before finishing. Due to the nature of this move, if it's done while she's falling, it'll end roughly where she was (less so if she's fast falling) and if she's jumping while she uses it, the spell will actually envelope her as the spell forms above and descends before ending.

Down air would be a downward vertical swing with the staff with the tip of the staff having a meteor effect. Think similar animation to Ike's, Roy's and King Dedede's down air. Rest of the staff would send horizontally away.

Specials:

Her neutral special would be magic charging like Robin's but she won't have weapon durability to deal with and the spells will behave like they do in RD, coming from above at specific distances. The spells she would use are Light at first then Ellight then Thani and lastly Purge. Light would be a simple, quick single hit that would hit very close to in front of Micaiah and would just knock the opponent away. Ellight would be a multihit that would hit a little further away but would send the opponent towards Micaiah, allowing for combos. Thani would hit around the same range as Ellight, would be a single hit and would either ignore shields like the customs for Little Mac's side special and Meta Knight's down special or would do heavy shield damage. Purge would hit the furthest away and would take the longest to cast. During the casting animation, a reticle would appear at the Ellight/Thani range and can be moved further away from Micaiah if needed to hit enemies further away. Because the spells follow the RD animations, they can be used while onstage to hamper opponents offstage or can be used while Micaiah is on a platform to hamper those below her.

Side special could be a few things. It could be Silence where Micaiah uses it at a certain range and if it connects with the opponent, they lose access to their specials for a short time. It could be Sleep, being basically the same thing but putting the opponent to sleep instead. Would have no effect on aerial opponents. It could also be Rescue, putting a unique twist on the staff by using it as an offensive move to force the opponent close to Micaiah. There's also the option for the move to cycle between these options at random or in a specific order like Peach's forward smash. If customs come back, these other options could be her customs. To clarify on the Rescue idea, I know I put emphasis on Micaiah being a long range fighter and so bringing the opponent closer may sound counterintuitive but there are some characters that would do a better job camping than Micaiah which would force her to approach. The Rescue staff could help with this. I'm also thinking she could do some cool combos like ftilt to send the opponent away, Rescue to bring them back while still in hitstun and then something like jab or up tilt or whatever to finish or extend the combo.

Her up special would be Rewarp, making it similar to Palutena's, Mewtwo's and Zelda's up specials. If that's deemed too similar to the others, a hitbox could be added to her reappearance (but not her initial warp) either as a simple means of defense against those who attempt to hit her out of her recovery or as a tricky means of offense.

Down special would be Rescue/Guard. Basically, Micaiah would defend herself with her staff and if she's hit, Sothe will warp to her, take the hit and slash at the opponent. In other words, a fancy looking counter. Unoriginal in concept but in execution, it's not just another 'enter a fancy stance and then hit the opponent' and it actually has proper context given the bond Micaiah and Sothe have.

Her Final Smash would be a variation of Robin's. She would use the Rescue staff to bring Sothe to her who would then dash forward a distance before either hitting an opponent or warping away, similar to what Chrom does. After the initial hit, Sothe would slash at the opponent repeatedly while Micaiah charges up Rexaura before having the spell hit the opponent. Additional effects that could be added are the screen blacking out and slashing animations appearing before the spell brightens up the screen again to reference Sothe's Bane and a small but neat detail that could be added is Micaiah having red eyes like when Yune takes over her body.

Grabs and throws:

Micaiah would grab with magic much like Robin as she will always have a tome and a staff inhand. Could possibly give her a tether grab with the Rescue staff or even a disjointed grab where the grab box doesn't appear next to her but rather a distance away, much like Robin's Distant Nosferatu custom, putting further emphasis on Micaiah excelling at long range combat and not doing well at close range. If that's too much of a hindrance, she could have a small normal grab range along with her disjointed Rescue grab or she could just have a proper grab with magic.

Pummel would be unique. Pressing attack while grabbing an opponent will have Micaiah use Nosferatu, healing herself and damaging the opponent. This would be a slow pummel due to the value of healing. The damage and therefore healing rate could be anywhere from 1-3% or could scale based on Micaiah's percent and her opponent's much like how Robin's down special works. To further make her pummel special, pressing special while grabbing an opponent will have Micaiah use Sacrifice on them, healing the opponent and damaging Micaiah herself.

An adorable idea I had for her forward throw would be a clumsy push. This would be based on the opening cutscene of RD and would show how she isn't much of a physical fighter. https://youtu.be/2m_-WjCdIBg?t=8m43s

Back throw could either be using magic to powerfully send the opponent away like Robin, Ness and Mewtwo or she could send the opponent behind her before jabbing them with the end of her staff.

I have two ideas for down throw. One is where she puts the opponent onto the ground and twists the bottom of her staff onto the opponent before they're launched. The other is having her slam the opponent into the ground as she uses Rescue on Sothe to have him land on the opponent either with a stomp or a slash before he warps out.

Her up throw would have her throw the opponent up as she sticks her staff up, having the opponent land on the staff as she thrusts it up.

Shield and dodges:

Her shield animation would have her hold her staff up to attempt to defend herself and optionally, she could equip the Ward staff when she shields.

Her back roll animation would be based on this dodge animation https://youtu.be/pqpBe2JhuKw?t=6m4s The uploader does curse shortly after she dodges so here's your warning~

I couldn't find a video showing it but Micaiah also has a dodge animation where she twirls. That could be her forward roll and spot dodge.

Air dodge would be a twirl similar to her spot dodge and forward roll.

Taunts and victory animations:

One of her taunts could be her bow after killing an enemy from Radiant Dawn https://youtu.be/ig7a_nULdDc?t=6m3s

Another taunt could be Yune flying around her as she twirls before Yune flies back to her

Her last taunt could be based on her twirl animation when she first enters a battle https://youtu.be/dLoNkLC5FIU?t=46s

Alternatively, she could have a taunt where she sings a galdr https://youtu.be/lt7Dy-uUhIc?t=5h48m33s would have to be shortened down. Some of these could work as victory animations instead.

One immediate victory animation that comes to mind would be Sothe with Micaiah, standing back to back and looking at the camera.

Another victory animation for Micaiah could be her engulfing herself in blue flames before ending in a calmer pose or a badass one. Could even pull a Toon Link and have two victory animations, both having her engulf in flames but with the different poses. This would reference the cutscene before the final blow to Ashera is dealt. https://youtu.be/9BI4lYVuWRc?t=18m33s
My thoughts on Micaiah's playstyle would be heavily long range focused. Most of her normals would be catered towards simply keeping the opponent away and she would be able to cover a large amount of range between her staff and magic specials. She would have low movement speed and frame data similar to that of sword users but without the crazy range they have. I tried to have a focus on her using staves offensively as it's not a common sight in Fire Emblem and so would be a neat twist on them. Found myself favoring the Rescue staff due to the unique ways it could be used. I was debating putting the Torch staff somewhere in there and having it have a fire hitbox and it could certainly be done like on down air for example to add to the visuals of landing the move but I ultimately found it unnecessary as the most it would change is allow Micaiah to instantly detonate Blast Boxes with the move and would make red Pikmin immune to the attack. Other staves like Heal, Mend, Recover, Restore, Physic, Fortify, Ashera and Matrona, I couldn't think of any use for due to them being primarily healing focused which isn't too helpful in Smash.

Feel free to ask me questions about my moveset. I gave some moves more thought and attention than others, hence why some got a short, simple sentence description while others got more detail like knockback angles. In particular, I found it surprisingly hard to come up with aerials for her.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Decided I'd focus on finishing the moveset this morning before I sleep for another night shift so here it is. Fair warning though, I do spoil things about Radiant Dawn to help give as much clarity as possible with certain parts of her moveset.
Miscellaneous stuff:
To start things off, I'll mention that I feel Micaiah should be a middle height lightweight. She should be shorter than Ike but taller than Mario and she doesn't wear armor or have heavy weapons nor is she large herself so the light weight makes sense.

For palettes, we'll assume she'll have 8. Her first would be her Light Mage outfit

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/9/9c/Micaiah_(FE10_Artwork).png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/250?cb=20160930101019

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/3/3d/Sothe_(FE10_Artwork).png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/280?cb=20160930101401 Optional whether her hair changes colour though I'd personally keep it silver (helps since her Boxing Ring title could literally be Silver Haired Maiden although there are other names that work)

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/4/44/Sanaki_Artwork_(FE10).png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/290?cb=20180502004212

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...est/scale-to-width-down/350?cb=20170508093504

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/1/1d/Yune_Artwork_(FE10).png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/285?cb=20130113134233

I feel these 8 work rather well as they're all based on things tied to Micaiah (her 3 classes, her 'boyfriend' for lack of a better word, her countrymen, her sister, the laguz she has the closest tie to and the goddess that accompanies her) and she gets proper outfits for team battles with the Light Mage and Sanaki outfits being red, the Light Sage having blue in it and the Sothe outfit having green in it. And there's even yellow thanks to Yune's outfit.

Another potential outfit could be one based on Sephiran. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...est/scale-to-width-down/289?cb=20151018000605 The reason for Sephiran is he is Micaiah's ancestor.

Her stage appearance could be warp magic. Unoriginal, I know since all other FE characters save for Corrin use it but it makes sense for Micaiah given that she's a mage.

One of her walk animations is based on her walk animation during chapters https://youtu.be/ig7a_nULdDc?t=4m55s The uploader changes the speed to max like a sane person afterwards so I can't show it off outside of that cutscene. Characters in Smash also have more than one walk animation so Micaiah would require some unique ones made.

Her run animation is based on her run in the opening cutscene of Radiant Dawn https://youtu.be/ig7a_nULdDc?t=3m18s

Her lying down on back animation could be based on when she gets knocked down https://youtu.be/dLoNkLC5FIU?t=21s Lying down on front animation would have to be original.

Her crouch animation would be similar to Zelda's, going off the opening cutscene of RD again. https://youtu.be/2m_-WjCdIBg?t=8m36s Micaiah would not have a crawl.

Micaiah would have low movement speed much like how she's slow in RD. Plus I envision her as having a turtler playstyle.

Sleep animation would be similar to Marth's, having Micaiah kneel down and supporting herself with her staff.

Ledge grab animation would be Micaiah holding herself up with both hands. Ledge attack would be her pulling herself up and jabbing out her staff.

Both get up attack animations would have Micaiah hit to one side and then the other with her staff.

Normal grounded attacks:

Her jab combo would be a basic 2 hit combo with her staff, the first hit being an upward swing based on Mist's staff attack animation https://youtu.be/dLoNkLC5FIU?t=9m16s and the second hit would be a higher up hit based on the regular staff attack animation. https://youtu.be/dLoNkLC5FIU?t=6m18s This jab would be like Samus' where it doesn't connect fully until higher percents, the first hit would knock the opponent up while the second knocks them away, allowing Micaiah to continue attacking from afar with her spells. One could also choose not to do the second hit to attempt to follow up into a different attack.

Her forward tilt would have her turn her staff to make the bottom face the same direction she's facing and have her jab it outwards. This tilt would be primarily for trying to keep the opponent out so Micaiah could continue to attack at long range. Could also lead to tech chase scenarios, especially with Purge.

Her down tilt would be a kick, similar to Zelda's or Ryu's strong down tilt and would pop the opponent up, allowing for combos.

Her up tilt would be a quick swipe upwards with her staff, being a decently disjointed hitbox to anti air with and having low enough endlag to allow for combos at low percents. Horizontal range would be poor but would cover directly in front of and behind her.

Her smash attack charging animations could be based on her critical animations https://youtu.be/dLoNkLC5FIU?t=31s

Forward smash would be Micaiah casting Shine in front of her. There would be a sweetspot at the middle of the spell and as the move spreads outwards, it would get weaker.

Down smash would be her casting 2 Light or Ellight spells on both sides of her (so think Megaman's down smash but the hitboxes start above Micaiah and come down beside her).

Up smash is similar to Mewtwo's but a single hit instead of multihit. Based on the spell she uses in the opening cutscene of Radiant Dawn https://youtu.be/ig7a_nULdDc?t=3m5s

Dash attack would be a twirl before striking with the staff. Specifically thinking a backhand strike with it as that seems the quickest and most natural option out of a twirl. Would have a short burst as she starts the twirl before quickly stopping.

Aerials:

Neutral air would be a quick twirl as Micaiah releases light magic, hitting all around her. Would have a semi spike angle.

Forward air would be an overhead swing with the staff complete with Micaiah doing a somersault (think Rosalina's forward air but in the opposite direction).

Back air would have her strike behind her with the butt end of her staff. Thinking something like Pit's back air but with more range.

Up air would be a quick light spell, appearing a decent distance above Micaiah before finishing. Due to the nature of this move, if it's done while she's falling, it'll end roughly where she was (less so if she's fast falling) and if she's jumping while she uses it, the spell will actually envelope her as the spell forms above and descends before ending.

Down air would be a downward vertical swing with the staff with the tip of the staff having a meteor effect. Think similar animation to Ike's, Roy's and King Dedede's down air. Rest of the staff would send horizontally away.

Specials:

Her neutral special would be magic charging like Robin's but she won't have weapon durability to deal with and the spells will behave like they do in RD, coming from above at specific distances. The spells she would use are Light at first then Ellight then Thani and lastly Purge. Light would be a simple, quick single hit that would hit very close to in front of Micaiah and would just knock the opponent away. Ellight would be a multihit that would hit a little further away but would send the opponent towards Micaiah, allowing for combos. Thani would hit around the same range as Ellight, would be a single hit and would either ignore shields like the customs for Little Mac's side special and Meta Knight's down special or would do heavy shield damage. Purge would hit the furthest away and would take the longest to cast. During the casting animation, a reticle would appear at the Ellight/Thani range and can be moved further away from Micaiah if needed to hit enemies further away. Because the spells follow the RD animations, they can be used while onstage to hamper opponents offstage or can be used while Micaiah is on a platform to hamper those below her.

Side special could be a few things. It could be Silence where Micaiah uses it at a certain range and if it connects with the opponent, they lose access to their specials for a short time. It could be Sleep, being basically the same thing but putting the opponent to sleep instead. Would have no effect on aerial opponents. It could also be Rescue, putting a unique twist on the staff by using it as an offensive move to force the opponent close to Micaiah. There's also the option for the move to cycle between these options at random or in a specific order like Peach's forward smash. If customs come back, these other options could be her customs. To clarify on the Rescue idea, I know I put emphasis on Micaiah being a long range fighter and so bringing the opponent closer may sound counterintuitive but there are some characters that would do a better job camping than Micaiah which would force her to approach. The Rescue staff could help with this. I'm also thinking she could do some cool combos like ftilt to send the opponent away, Rescue to bring them back while still in hitstun and then something like jab or up tilt or whatever to finish or extend the combo.

Her up special would be Rewarp, making it similar to Palutena's, Mewtwo's and Zelda's up specials. If that's deemed too similar to the others, a hitbox could be added to her reappearance (but not her initial warp) either as a simple means of defense against those who attempt to hit her out of her recovery or as a tricky means of offense.

Down special would be Rescue/Guard. Basically, Micaiah would defend herself with her staff and if she's hit, Sothe will warp to her, take the hit and slash at the opponent. In other words, a fancy looking counter. Unoriginal in concept but in execution, it's not just another 'enter a fancy stance and then hit the opponent' and it actually has proper context given the bond Micaiah and Sothe have.

Her Final Smash would be a variation of Robin's. She would use the Rescue staff to bring Sothe to her who would then dash forward a distance before either hitting an opponent or warping away, similar to what Chrom does. After the initial hit, Sothe would slash at the opponent repeatedly while Micaiah charges up Rexaura before having the spell hit the opponent. Additional effects that could be added are the screen blacking out and slashing animations appearing before the spell brightens up the screen again to reference Sothe's Bane and a small but neat detail that could be added is Micaiah having red eyes like when Yune takes over her body.

Grabs and throws:

Micaiah would grab with magic much like Robin as she will always have a tome and a staff inhand. Could possibly give her a tether grab with the Rescue staff or even a disjointed grab where the grab box doesn't appear next to her but rather a distance away, much like Robin's Distant Nosferatu custom, putting further emphasis on Micaiah excelling at long range combat and not doing well at close range. If that's too much of a hindrance, she could have a small normal grab range along with her disjointed Rescue grab or she could just have a proper grab with magic.

Pummel would be unique. Pressing attack while grabbing an opponent will have Micaiah use Nosferatu, healing herself and damaging the opponent. This would be a slow pummel due to the value of healing. The damage and therefore healing rate could be anywhere from 1-3% or could scale based on Micaiah's percent and her opponent's much like how Robin's down special works. To further make her pummel special, pressing special while grabbing an opponent will have Micaiah use Sacrifice on them, healing the opponent and damaging Micaiah herself.

An adorable idea I had for her forward throw would be a clumsy push. This would be based on the opening cutscene of RD and would show how she isn't much of a physical fighter. https://youtu.be/2m_-WjCdIBg?t=8m43s

Back throw could either be using magic to powerfully send the opponent away like Robin, Ness and Mewtwo or she could send the opponent behind her before jabbing them with the end of her staff.

I have two ideas for down throw. One is where she puts the opponent onto the ground and twists the bottom of her staff onto the opponent before they're launched. The other is having her slam the opponent into the ground as she uses Rescue on Sothe to have him land on the opponent either with a stomp or a slash before he warps out.

Her up throw would have her throw the opponent up as she sticks her staff up, having the opponent land on the staff as she thrusts it up.

Shield and dodges:

Her shield animation would have her hold her staff up to attempt to defend herself and optionally, she could equip the Ward staff when she shields.

Her back roll animation would be based on this dodge animation https://youtu.be/pqpBe2JhuKw?t=6m4s The uploader does curse shortly after she dodges so here's your warning~

I couldn't find a video showing it but Micaiah also has a dodge animation where she twirls. That could be her forward roll and spot dodge.

One of her taunts could be her bow after killing an enemy from Radiant Dawn https://youtu.be/ig7a_nULdDc?t=6m3s

Another taunt could be Yune flying around her as she twirls before Yune flies back to her

Her last taunt could be based on her twirl animation when she first enters a battle https://youtu.be/dLoNkLC5FIU?t=46s

Alternatively, she could have a taunt where she sings a galdr https://youtu.be/lt7Dy-uUhIc?t=5h48m33s would have to be shortened down. Some of these could work as victory animations instead.

One immediate victory animation that comes to mind would be Sothe with Micaiah, standing back to back and looking at the camera.

Another victory animation for Micaiah could be her engulfing herself in blue flames before ending in a calmer pose or a badass one. Could even pull a Toon Link and have two victory animations, both having her engulf in flames but with the different poses. This would reference the cutscene before the final blow to Ashera is dealt. https://youtu.be/9BI4lYVuWRc?t=18m33s
My thoughts on Micaiah's playstyle would be heavily long range focused. Most of her normals would be catered towards simply keeping the opponent away and she would be able to cover a large amount of range between her staff and magic specials. She would have low movement speed and frame data similar to that of sword users but without the crazy range they have. I tried to have a focus on her using staves offensively as it's not a common sight in Fire Emblem and so would be a neat twist on them. Found myself favoring the Rescue staff due to the unique ways it could be used. I was debating putting the Torch staff somewhere in there and having it have a fire hitbox and it could certainly be done like on down air for example to add to the visuals of landing the move but I ultimately found it unnecessary as the most it would change is allow Micaiah to instantly detonate Blast Boxes with the move and would make red Pikmin immune to the attack. Other staves like Heal, Mend, Recover, Restore, Physic, Fortify, Ashera and Matrona, I couldn't think of any use for due to them being primarily healing focused which isn't too helpful in Smash.

Feel free to ask me questions about my moveset. I gave some moves more thought and attention than others, hence why some got a short, simple sentence description while others got more detail like knockback angles. In particular, I found it surprisingly hard to come up with aerials for her.
Very good job. I love how in detail this is with references to how her animations would work and such.

I think Rescue would make a pretty good ability, I could see it being used to throw off opponents. Giving it some hitstun will help with leave her not vulnerable. I could even see this used to disrupt some recoveries, maybe as a reverse windbox. I can see some potential for mindgames.

I also love the Nosferatu grab/pummel. That would really set her apart from everyone else.

The one thing I would change is the Down Special. I understand the reason behind it, and it makes sense, but I just, personally, cannot stand to see another character get this move (especially for a Fire Emblem character). Maybe something that would be based on her healing abilities would work.

Once again, great job!

Troykv

Smash Master
Miscellaneous stuff:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/9/9c/Micaiah_(FE10_Artwork).png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/250?cb=20160930101019

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/3/3d/Sothe_(FE10_Artwork).png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/280?cb=20160930101401 Optional whether her hair changes colour though I'd personally keep it silver (helps since her Boxing Ring title could literally be Silver Haired Maiden although there are other names that work)

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/4/44/Sanaki_Artwork_(FE10).png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/290?cb=20180502004212

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/1/1d/Yune_Artwork_(FE10).png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/285?cb=20130113134233

Normal grounded attacks:

Aerials:

Specials:

Grabs and throws:

Shield and dodges:

I like the idea of using staves to play more around her "turtle" style of focusing in space, pressure and punish; fitting of someone a bit slow and frail; but filled with options to deal with her opponents; the Rescue idea is quite interesting; and along with the F-Throw would actually be fun commands to initiate combos.

I overall like you moveset :D

I don't have too much time to answer; but it was a joy to read your ideas :3

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Very good job. I love how in detail this is with references to how her animations would work and such.

I think Rescue would make a pretty good ability, I could see it being used to throw off opponents. Giving it some hitstun will help with leave her not vulnerable. I could even see this used to disrupt some recoveries, maybe as a reverse windbox. I can see some potential for mindgames.

I also love the Nosferatu grab/pummel. That would really set her apart from everyone else.

The one thing I would change is the Down Special. I understand the reason behind it, and it makes sense, but I just, personally, cannot stand to see another character get this move (especially for a Fire Emblem character). Maybe something that would be based on her healing abilities would work.

Once again, great job!
Initially, my thoughts for down special were Nosferatu much like Robin or even Sacrifice but I found that they worked better for her normal grab. There were 2 light tomes that I didn't put into her moveset, Valaura and Creiddylad but they both have incredibly long animations in RD and there's the issue of the former being 'corrupted' magic while the latter is a unique tome to Sephiran. As for staves, I didn't use any of the healing ones and also didn't use Hammerene, Unlock, Torch or Restore and of those, I can only think of a use for Torch by giving it a fire hitbox. I also didn't make use of Corona but if anything, that could just be an additional part of her Final Smash.

I couldn't think of much else for Micaiah and as I've said, the counter makes sense for her even if it is overdone (honestly, Ike shouldn't even have a counter. His down special should be a sword beam). Even without Sothe involved, Micaiah could still have a counter due to her foresight although that's already covered by Shulk. At best, I could see her using Valaura with a drastically changed animation so she has the ability to poison her opponents which in Smash would translate to putting a flower on their head.

Anyways, thank you for the feedback both the positive and the negative :p I do agree that Rescue should probably have some hitstun to it, otherwise Micaiah could easily get hit during whatever endlag the move would have and I didn't even think about it but Rescue would be an awesome move to use while recovering. I can picture it now, a Little Macm sitting by the edge, charging a down smash to try and hit Micaiah as she warps back to stage. Instead, she 'rescues' him and either hits him further offstage, hits him into the stage or gets back herself and edgeguards him.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Initially, my thoughts for down special were Nosferatu much like Robin or even Sacrifice but I found that they worked better for her normal grab. There were 2 light tomes that I didn't put into her moveset, Valaura and Creiddylad but they both have incredibly long animations in RD and there's the issue of the former being 'corrupted' magic while the latter is a unique tome to Sephiran. As for staves, I didn't use any of the healing ones and also didn't use Hammerene, Unlock, Torch or Restore and of those, I can only think of a use for Torch by giving it a fire hitbox. I also didn't make use of Corona but if anything, that could just be an additional part of her Final Smash.

I couldn't think of much else for Micaiah and as I've said, the counter makes sense for her even if it is overdone (honestly, Ike shouldn't even have a counter. His down special should be a sword beam). Even without Sothe involved, Micaiah could still have a counter due to her foresight although that's already covered by Shulk. At best, I could see her using Valaura with a drastically changed animation so she has the ability to poison her opponents which in Smash would translate to putting a flower on their head.

Anyways, thank you for the feedback both the positive and the negative :p I do agree that Rescue should probably have some hitstun to it, otherwise Micaiah could easily get hit during whatever endlag the move would have and I didn't even think about it but Rescue would be an awesome move to use while recovering. I can picture it now, a Little Macm sitting by the edge, charging a down smash to try and hit Micaiah as she warps back to stage. Instead, she 'rescues' him and either hits him further offstage, hits him into the stage or gets back herself and edgeguards him.
I really like the Valaura idea, we don't really have a character that can place a DOT (damage over time) affect on a foe, so that would make her stand out more. It would also compliment her play style as she wouldn't fare as well rushing the opponent, so chipping away at their health while she focused on staying alive would be extremely helpful.

Once again, great work on this. You really did your homework and fleshed her SSB character real well.

Troykv

Smash Master

Valaura would be the kind of fun stuff that would work as a Custom Move

Little Mac would be one of the characters that would have one of the weirdest match ups against Micaiah because their movesets kind of counter each other xD.

Anyway; for anyone playing Fire Emblem Heroes

Micaiah got her first alternative version in the game! In the form of a Summer Festival.

What do you think about her (and the rest of the characters if you're interested)?

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH ORBS! Aside from that I'm incredibly excited for Festival Micaiah and Elincia. Micaiah's design lends itself very well for this. I do wish we got a Light Priestess one as well since Micaiah is the only lord I know of who has such distinct costumes for her different classes.

Troykv

Smash Master

I forget to ask; do you want your moveset to be put in the OP? If you need to fix something I can wait.

I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH ORBS! Aside from that I'm incredibly excited for Festival Micaiah and Elincia. Micaiah's design lends itself very well for this. I do wish we got a Light Priestess one as well since Micaiah is the only lord I know of who has such distinct costumes for her different classes.
I hope you can get her.

Did anyone get Summer!Micaiah already? I'm still trying to get her xDU.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I forget to ask; do you want your moveset to be put in the OP? If you need to fix something I can wait.
Just checked it over and it still looks good to me. If you want to add it to the OP, feel free to do so~

Troykv

Smash Master
Just checked it over and it still looks good to me. If you want to add it to the OP, feel free to do so~
Sorry for the delay; you're already in the OP...

BTW; I forgot to ask you this before; can I add you to the Supporters List?

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
I've been trying to dream up a possible reveal trailer for her and I feel it could go along the lines of this:
This is the cutscene I used for reference
This is based on the first cutscene of Radiant Dawn where Micaiah is found in that crack then her Bird flies out of the crack and Micaiah gets Captured and Rescued by Sothe.

However with this trailer this will be how it goes:
Yune (Micaiah's Bird) flies out of the crack, and then a guard comes and says "Is this the Dawn Brigade?" and then the guards say "No. It was just a Bird" Then Zelda's Phantom comes in and Slashes the Guards away. then Micaiah peeks out of the crack and then...

-- INSERT MICAIAH TAGLINE (I can't think of one) --

Micaiah then gets captured by the guards and then Sothe, Marth, Link and Cloud rescue her from the guards then she charges her light and blinds the guards.

-- INSERT MICAIAH GAMEPLAY --

Micaiah then calls Yune and runs away from the area
Feel free to critique, Just keep in mind I have only played up to the end of Chapter 2 and I am on Chapter 3.

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
I feel like Micaiah has slowly been getting more and more popular lately. It's refreshing since I remember her always getting so much hate when Radiant Dawn was still kinda new. Anyways, its great we have her on two of the banners in FEH right now.

I found this on the fire emblem subreddit ( while searching for it I found Troykv Troykv 's blog post from 2 years ago! thank you for supporting her so strongly)

Micaiah is the most popular choice for playable character for a Fire Emblem rep! By no means does this mean she's confirmed, but it really is awesome considering since Radiant Dawn came out over a decade ago.

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
I've been trying to dream up a possible reveal trailer for her and I feel it could go along the lines of this:
This is the cutscene I used for reference
This is based on the first cutscene of Radiant Dawn where Micaiah is found in that crack then her Bird flies out of the crack and Micaiah gets Captured and Rescued by Sothe.

However with this trailer this will be how it goes:
Yune (Micaiah's Bird) flies out of the crack, and then a guard comes and says "Is this the Dawn Brigade?" and then the guards say "No. It was just a Bird" Then Zelda's Phantom comes in and Slashes the Guards away. then Micaiah peeks out of the crack and then...

-- INSERT MICAIAH TAGLINE (I can't think of one) --

Micaiah then gets captured by the guards and then Sothe, Marth, Link and Cloud rescue her from the guards then she charges her light and blinds the guards.

-- INSERT MICAIAH GAMEPLAY --

Micaiah then calls Yune and runs away from the area
Feel free to critique, Just keep in mind I have only played up to the end of Chapter 2 and I am on Chapter 3.
I think Micaiah just blinding the gaurds and then running away really undermines her character, especially in a trailer for a fighting game. She is very headstrong and will always fight til the end for her people and those that aid her. She flees in that first cut scene because the odds are completely against her since the DB is just a rag tag team of 5 at that point (plus Yune of course) and it's just her and Sothe in that area.

I think it'd be neat if they played with the rivalry she has with a certain character, but I do really like your idea of her encountering the Begnion soldiers. I think it'd actually work out great if Micaiah and Sothe were a duo character.

Anyways, I'm hoping you're enjoying the game. It's one of my top 5 favourites.

Royaru

Smash Cadet
Alongside Ike, Micaiah is my favourite "Lord" of all FE. I support her since pre Smash4 times, so Could you put me in the support list?

Top Bottom