• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Priestess of Dawn, Micaiah for Smash! (Spirits are no longer a deal edition).

Do you like Micaiah?

• Yes

Votes: 108 84.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • I don't care

Votes: 13 10.2%

• Total voters

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Radiant Dawn is my favorite game of all time. Naturally, that also means I love Micaiah. Praise the silver-haired maiden. I personally think it's pretty unlikely but one can dream... T-T

Troykv

Smash Master
Radiant Dawn is my favorite game of all time. Naturally, that also means I love Micaiah. Praise the silver-haired maiden. I personally think it's pretty unlikely but one can dream... T-T
Praise The Priestess of Dawn! The Lady of Miracles, The Silver-Haired Maiden!

The chances aren't in our favour, but we can always hope for a miracle and try to share information and interest around here :D

Last edited:

Xator Nova

Smash Rookie
More FE reps, u crazy, dood?

Nah, just kiddin'. I'd gladly take Micaiah instead of Corrin.

Troykv

Smash Master
More FE reps, u crazy, dood?

Nah, just kiddin'. I'd gladly take Micaiah instead of Corrin.
I would too; I'm just accepting their existence because of the circunstances around them.

I need to add new things in OP; maybe include some pictures from Fire Emblem Heroes.

Do you have some suggestions?

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
reading some of that stuff I'm impressed anyone would think she's infallible in the game, nothing ever goes right for her, her divine favor isn't even completely consistent, but then again not everyone was able to complete Radiant Dawn, Since you're looking for stuff to put in the OP I'd suggest making arguments for her in to justify her rather precarious position, she has low popularity, low relevance, a saturated roster and even competition with Lyn who's insanely popular, I think her only real chance is down the line with DLC they advertise a FE10 remake with Micaiah and smash, she's been an active request, though quieter than others, because popularity contests and saturated rosters don't mean much if execs want them to advertise a game for money, then again Ike's in it so don't know if it'd be necessary. I do have something though for you, I said I'd make her a kit and well here it is, it's fully complete minus custom moves, if you would like you can add me to the support list lol
: (Name)
** (description of pre-fight appearence animation)
[] (Punch-Out!! Stage title)
{} (a description of the taunts)
; (special victory lines) --(if beaten someone related in someway)
: (general victory animation)
-Stats (rated from poor, decent, moderate, good, great, excellent, put before the stat category)
great damage (average damage output ability)
moderate grab strength (how much grab strength they have)
moderate speed (how fast they move, list special variants of run and walk speeds here)
good aerials (average aerial usefuleness)
decent fall speed (how fast they fall in the sky)
decent combo ability
moderate weight (determines launch resistance)
cannot prone (listed with can or cannot, if the character has heavy stealth elements or basis they can generally do this)
cannot walljump (listed with can or cannot, if the character is of above-average skill (relative to the cast) then they can generally do this)
good recovery (jump ability)
great dodges (rates from poor, good to great, determines dodge roll ability)

<<Description>>
Micaiah plays as a pure mage with a few gimmicks, namely the ability to utilize Sothe, Thani's high launch/lower damage strike, and excellent teamplay ability, she has incredible reach but has issues comboing on her own
and offers a unique support option with Sacrifice, arguably the only balancable heal option.

:Micaiah (maintains her Radiant Dawn first appearence, wielding her Prf tome Thani, Thani strikes deal high launch force but low damage)
*Yune flies down onto the screen, a flash of light happens and Micaiah appears with Yune resting on her shoulder*
{Yune flutters around and chirps before landing on her finger}, {Sothe appears and they stance together, Sothe exclaims "I will protect you, Micaiah!"}, {she opens Thani, resulting in glowing text effects and her saying, "I'll fight If I must..."
[Priestess of Dawn]
Movement:
Idle: she mimics her radiant dawn incombat idle, book open
Walk: she strafes forward, book open
Run: clutching Thani closed to her chest, Yune balancing herself she jogs forward
Jump: she pumps both of her hands into the air and does a decently high jump
Double Jump: she shoots higher into the air by holding her hands down and magically assisting herself
Fall: she clutches her book with one hand to her chest and her other hand somewhat outstretched, with her legs pulled in as she falls vulnerable
Land: her knees buckle a bit and she puts her free hand on the ground to stabilize herself
Croutch: she gets on both knees, Yune leaning forward, book open with her free hand outstretched ready to cast
Pullup: book closed, layed horizontally she dangles somewhat delicately
Pullup Attack: using her free hand she throws out a small flash of light
Recovering: she lays to her side with her book closed on her chest, free hand limp on the ground
Recovering Attack: she throws up Thani, releasing a bright light that engulfs a quite short radius around her and pushes herself up with her free hand

Button 1:
Standard: using her free hand she fires a short reach light tendril, a second input will cause her to step forward and the light tendril whips in an upwards arc, then a third input finally Light is fully executed as a small sphere rains down tendrils in a rather short burst
Side Smash: Thani is formed a decent distance away, this projectile ignores terrain for a short distance, both the projectile and the resulting burst can deal damage, reflecting the projectile can be done yet all it does is prevent the target from being damaged
Side Tilt: she quickly generates a multi-hit light sphere than it disperses, knocking them away
Dash Attack: she skids forward, levitating Thani creates a rolling light sphere that deals multiple ticks before detonating at the end of the dash
Up Smash: Thani is formed overhead then detonated in a shockwave, this attack as moderate start-up and end-lag as it deals high damage with a large hitbox
Up Tilt: she generates a Light strand that pulls up in a diagonal arc before forming into a small glowing sphere that knocks them into the air, the Light strand deals damage and may push opponents into the glowing sphere
Down Smash: she faces the screen holding Thani open, levitating it overhead and putting both her hands into the ground, Purge comes down from the sky and strikes the ground in a glowing burst, being hit by the beam deals less damage then the resulting glowing burst
Down Tilt: she punts up a bit, has decent wind-up time but it knocks them up a bit diagonally

Button 2:
Neutral B: Sacrifice (chargeable move that transfers percentage depending on the touched target, starting a 5% with no charge and 20% at max charge, it deals no launch force but it does have impact stun)
NOTE: On allies it will reduce the set percentage from them and increase Micaiah's, On foes it will reduce percentage from Micaiah and increase percentage on the touched target
Side+B: Farsight (she dodges with Iframes then during a moderate vulernablity she'll attack with a light flash that stuns the target based on the punished the damage the attack would have dealt, she'll then quickly dash back a considerable distance with a decent-wind down)
Down+B: Pair-Up (after a considerable wind-up she'll summon Sothe, Micaiah's next Smash attack will include a dagger strike from Sothe, Daggers deal no launch force or stun force but have good damage, If Micaiah is hit during this time, the attack is negated by Sothe)
NOTE: there's a 7-second cooldown before using this move again after any action from Sothe, for UP Smash, he throws a dagger upwards, for DOWN smash he throws two daggers in opposite directions diagonally upwards, for SIDE Smash he jumps up and throws a dagger diagonally into the Thani Detzone, this projectile also ignores terrain for a short time)
UP+B: Dashing Whisper (after a short wind-up Sothe dashes in, grabbing Micaiah, he jumps up into the chosen direction with her with considerable speed, this attack will knock foes away, dealing no damage)
NOTE: this move has no correlation to Pair-Up, He can appear to save her under any circumstance
Final Smash: Judgement (Yune flies up glowing into the center of the screen, vanishing into a blue haze, a massive tidal wave then flies in from the background, fully engulfing the screen, dealing incredible damage and launch force)

Aerials:
Neutral: she slows her movement and unleashes a light pulse around her
Fair: after a decent wind-up she fires a light sphere diagonally down, it travels a decent distance before dissipating
Bair: she generates a multi-hit Light attack that generates a sphere before firing the tendrils around out and around the sphere tightly that launch the target
Uair: she holds Thani up and has it glow, dealing a few multi-hits before it launches them upwards
Dair: she looks downwards and holds her free hand at the target, she fires a few light tendrils downwards, creating several multi-hits before launching them diagonally upwards

Grabs:
Grabbing: she reaches with her free hand, no magical assistance
Grab Hit: she causes her hand to glow, dealing moderate damage, slow pummel
Forward Throw: she places Thani into them, forcing it glow vibrantly and it launches them away
Down Throw: she forces them to the ground and activates uncharged Sacrifice on them, this attack has minimal launch
Up Throw: Sothe appears from next to Micaiah, then he hurls them into the air and kicks them upwards with a high-knee kick
Back Throw: Sothe appears from next to Micaiah and throws them over his shoulder

Shield:
Shielding: she holds up her free hand and closes thani
Down Dodge: she steps away diagonally back into a small crouch, yune fluttering to stay balanced
Air Dodge: she closes thani clutching it to her chest and rotates diagonally away from the screen, her free hand partially blocking
Forward Dodge: she mimics her dodge in a forward direction, but also steps forward a considerable distance
Back Dodge: she mimics her dodgein a backward direction, but also steps back a considerable distance
Quick Land: Sothe catches her and quickly stabilizes her before vanishing again
Quick Land Forward: she tumbles horizontally forward on ground, Yune flying with her as she clutches Thani to her chest
Quick Land Backward: she tumbles horizontally backward on ground, Yune flying with her as she clutches Thani to her chest

Misc:
Kirby Special: Kirby gains Micaiah's Hair and can use Sacrifice
Item Throw: she underhand throws the item with her free hand
Item Swing: using her free hand she winds-up in a somewhat dainty stance and then swings in a tight-somewhat diagonal direction

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
reading some of that stuff I'm impressed anyone would think she's infallible in the game, nothing ever goes right for her, her divine favor isn't even completely consistent, but then again not everyone was able to complete Radiant Dawn, Since you're looking for stuff to put in the OP I'd suggest making arguments for her in to justify her rather precarious position, she has low popularity, low relevance, a saturated roster and even competition with Lyn who's insanely popular, I think her only real chance is down the line with DLC they advertise a FE10 remake with Micaiah and smash, she's been an active request, though quieter than others, because popularity contests and saturated rosters don't mean much if execs want them to advertise a game for money, then again Ike's in it so don't know if it'd be necessary. I do have something though for you, I said I'd make her a kit and well here it is, it's fully complete minus custom moves, if you would like you can add me to the support list lol
: (Name)
** (description of pre-fight appearence animation)
[] (Punch-Out!! Stage title)
{} (a description of the taunts)
; (special victory lines) --(if beaten someone related in someway)
: (general victory animation)
-Stats (rated from poor, decent, moderate, good, great, excellent, put before the stat category)
great damage (average damage output ability)
moderate grab strength (how much grab strength they have)
moderate speed (how fast they move, list special variants of run and walk speeds here)
good aerials (average aerial usefuleness)
decent fall speed (how fast they fall in the sky)
decent combo ability
moderate weight (determines launch resistance)
cannot prone (listed with can or cannot, if the character has heavy stealth elements or basis they can generally do this)
cannot walljump (listed with can or cannot, if the character is of above-average skill (relative to the cast) then they can generally do this)
good recovery (jump ability)
great dodges (rates from poor, good to great, determines dodge roll ability)

<<Description>>
Micaiah plays as a pure mage with a few gimmicks, namely the ability to utilize Sothe, Thani's high launch/lower damage strike, and excellent teamplay ability, she has incredible reach but has issues comboing on her own
and offers a unique support option with Sacrifice, arguably the only balancable heal option.

:Micaiah (maintains her Radiant Dawn first appearence, wielding her Prf tome Thani, Thani strikes deal high launch force but low damage)
*Yune flies down onto the screen, a flash of light happens and Micaiah appears with Yune resting on her shoulder*
{Yune flutters around and chirps before landing on her finger}, {Sothe appears and they stance together, Sothe exclaims "I will protect you, Micaiah!"}, {she opens Thani, resulting in glowing text effects and her saying, "I'll fight If I must..."
[Priestess of Dawn]
Movement:
Idle: she mimics her radiant dawn incombat idle, book open
Walk: she strafes forward, book open
Run: clutching Thani closed to her chest, Yune balancing herself she jogs forward
Jump: she pumps both of her hands into the air and does a decently high jump
Double Jump: she shoots higher into the air by holding her hands down and magically assisting herself
Fall: she clutches her book with one hand to her chest and her other hand somewhat outstretched, with her legs pulled in as she falls vulnerable
Land: her knees buckle a bit and she puts her free hand on the ground to stabilize herself
Croutch: she gets on both knees, Yune leaning forward, book open with her free hand outstretched ready to cast
Pullup: book closed, layed horizontally she dangles somewhat delicately
Pullup Attack: using her free hand she throws out a small flash of light
Recovering: she lays to her side with her book closed on her chest, free hand limp on the ground
Recovering Attack: she throws up Thani, releasing a bright light that engulfs a quite short radius around her and pushes herself up with her free hand

Button 1:
Standard: using her free hand she fires a short reach light tendril, a second input will cause her to step forward and the light tendril whips in an upwards arc, then a third input finally Light is fully executed as a small sphere rains down tendrils in a rather short burst
Side Smash: Thani is formed a decent distance away, this projectile ignores terrain for a short distance, both the projectile and the resulting burst can deal damage, reflecting the projectile can be done yet all it does is prevent the target from being damaged
Side Tilt: she quickly generates a multi-hit light sphere than it disperses, knocking them away
Dash Attack: she skids forward, levitating Thani creates a rolling light sphere that deals multiple ticks before detonating at the end of the dash
Up Smash: Thani is formed overhead then detonated in a shockwave, this attack as moderate start-up and end-lag as it deals high damage with a large hitbox
Up Tilt: she generates a Light strand that pulls up in a diagonal arc before forming into a small glowing sphere that knocks them into the air, the Light strand deals damage and may push opponents into the glowing sphere
Down Smash: she faces the screen holding Thani open, levitating it overhead and putting both her hands into the ground, Purge comes down from the sky and strikes the ground in a glowing burst, being hit by the beam deals less damage then the resulting glowing burst
Down Tilt: she punts up a bit, has decent wind-up time but it knocks them up a bit diagonally

Button 2:
Neutral B: Sacrifice (chargeable move that transfers percentage depending on the touched target, starting a 5% with no charge and 20% at max charge, it deals no launch force but it does have impact stun)
NOTE: On allies it will reduce the set percentage from them and increase Micaiah's, On foes it will reduce percentage from Micaiah and increase percentage on the touched target
Side+B: Farsight (she dodges with Iframes then during a moderate vulernablity she'll attack with a light flash that stuns the target based on the punished the damage the attack would have dealt, she'll then quickly dash back a considerable distance with a decent-wind down)
Down+B: Pair-Up (after a considerable wind-up she'll summon Sothe, Micaiah's next Smash attack will include a dagger strike from Sothe, Daggers deal no launch force or stun force but have good damage, If Micaiah is hit during this time, the attack is negated by Sothe)
NOTE: there's a 7-second cooldown before using this move again after any action from Sothe, for UP Smash, he throws a dagger upwards, for DOWN smash he throws two daggers in opposite directions diagonally upwards, for SIDE Smash he jumps up and throws a dagger diagonally into the Thani Detzone, this projectile also ignores terrain for a short time)
UP+B: Dashing Whisper (after a short wind-up Sothe dashes in, grabbing Micaiah, he jumps up into the chosen direction with her with considerable speed, this attack will knock foes away, dealing no damage)
NOTE: this move has no correlation to Pair-Up, He can appear to save her under any circumstance
Final Smash: Judgement (Yune flies up glowing into the center of the screen, vanishing into a blue haze, a massive tidal wave then flies in from the background, fully engulfing the screen, dealing incredible damage and launch force)

Aerials:
Neutral: she slows her movement and unleashes a light pulse around her
Fair: after a decent wind-up she fires a light sphere diagonally down, it travels a decent distance before dissipating
Bair: she generates a multi-hit Light attack that generates a sphere before firing the tendrils around out and around the sphere tightly that launch the target
Uair: she holds Thani up and has it glow, dealing a few multi-hits before it launches them upwards
Dair: she looks downwards and holds her free hand at the target, she fires a few light tendrils downwards, creating several multi-hits before launching them diagonally upwards

Grabs:
Grabbing: she reaches with her free hand, no magical assistance
Grab Hit: she causes her hand to glow, dealing moderate damage, slow pummel
Forward Throw: she places Thani into them, forcing it glow vibrantly and it launches them away
Down Throw: she forces them to the ground and activates uncharged Sacrifice on them, this attack has minimal launch
Up Throw: Sothe appears from next to Micaiah, then he hurls them into the air and kicks them upwards with a high-knee kick
Back Throw: Sothe appears from next to Micaiah and throws them over his shoulder

Shield:
Shielding: she holds up her free hand and closes thani
Down Dodge: she steps away diagonally back into a small crouch, yune fluttering to stay balanced
Air Dodge: she closes thani clutching it to her chest and rotates diagonally away from the screen, her free hand partially blocking
Forward Dodge: she mimics her dodge in a forward direction, but also steps forward a considerable distance
Back Dodge: she mimics her dodgein a backward direction, but also steps back a considerable distance
Quick Land: Sothe catches her and quickly stabilizes her before vanishing again
Quick Land Forward: she tumbles horizontally forward on ground, Yune flying with her as she clutches Thani to her chest
Quick Land Backward: she tumbles horizontally backward on ground, Yune flying with her as she clutches Thani to her chest

Misc:
Kirby Special: Kirby gains Micaiah's Hair and can use Sacrifice
Item Throw: she underhand throws the item with her free hand
Item Swing: using her free hand she winds-up in a somewhat dainty stance and then swings in a tight-somewhat diagonal direction
Oh hello Gagnetar! I appreciate to see people giving their opinions in the subject, I'll write some additional arguments later for the OP. Micaiah isn't exactly unpopular now, but it's definitely a weaker position compared with Lyn as you said (that had always being a popular character). But hey, we have always in our side the more unique ideas for movesets, as even your own moveset shows me.

Do you want that I put your moveset in the OP? If that is the case, I would like to make some minor edits to the text format to make it look better.

Looks like Micaiah has a shot again!!
We hope so!

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Sure go for it, only if you like it though, I thought it was pretty good atleast. FE heroes has definitely helped her be a bit more popular, she operates pretty nicely in the current meta aswell. But she has quite a few challenges, we'll see how it goes.

Troykv

Smash Master
Sure go for it, only if you like it though, I thought it was pretty good atleast. FE heroes has definitely helped her be a bit more popular, she operates pretty nicely in the current meta aswell. But she has quite a few challenges, we'll see how it goes.
I liked it, thanks for your help Gagnetar :D

And yeah, having a weapon effective against armours and horses is so nice against the most threating units in the game.

Troykv

Smash Master
This having a very quiet weekend for Fire Emblem, but we finally have something to talk about.

What do you think about the new seasonal units?

Some unexpected surprises without a doubt hehehe.

Luminario

Smash Lord
This having a very quiet weekend for Fire Emblem, but we finally have something to talk about.

What do you think about the new seasonal units?

Some unexpected surprises without a doubt hehehe.
Bunny Alfonse for Smash Switch~
They gotta stop giving these female characters to cuboon to draw though.

Troykv

Smash Master
Bunny Alfonse for Smash Switch~
They gotta stop giving these female characters to cuboon to draw though.
Freaking Bunny Alfonse and Bunny Sharena!

Sharena talked about they dressing like bunnies the next year but I thought they were joking (it's this some kind of quantum joke!?)

I want all of them, but specially Catria, she is so pretty!

Wait... why do you want cubbon to stop drawing female character? ... But I guess I have to agree he had done a lot xD.

____

By the way, which are you favorite FEH Artists and art?

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Freaking Bunny Alfonse and Bunny Sharena!

Sharena talked about they dressing like bunnies the next year but I thought they were joking (it's this some kind of quantum joke!?)

I want all of them, but specially Catria, she is so pretty!

Wait... why do you want cubbon to stop drawing female character? ... But I guess I have to agree he had done a lot xD.

____

By the way, which are you favorite FEH Artists and art?
Spring Kagero Deirdre, It reminds me of the art style from a dream I had a long time ago that involved what looked like a card game. It really gives the feel of ancient, incredible power, which fits a character that wields weapons from the older FE games which have notoriously high stats.

as far as artists? probably HACCAN and Wada Sachiko, I've grown to quite like muted colors.

Oh for another argument you should talk about her vs Tharja, as I've seen tharja attention from japanese polling. Since they're both infantry mages, being a protagonist is a notable advantage in that context. and perhaps how she'd contrast with the half-mage Robin, emphasizing the incredible range game that Micaiah would have.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Spring Kagero Deirdre, It reminds me of the art style from a dream I had a long time ago that involved what looked like a card game. It really gives the feel of ancient, incredible power, which fits a character that wields weapons from the older FE games which have notoriously high stats.

as far as artists? probably HACCAN and Wada Sachiko, I've grown to quite like muted colors.

Oh for another argument you should talk about her vs Tharja, as I've seen tharja attention from japanese polling. Since they're both infantry mages, being a protagonist is a notable advantage in that context. and perhaps how she'd contrast with the half-mage Robin, emphasizing the incredible range game that Micaiah would have.
Ninjabitt attack

Maybe your dream has something to do with To Aru Majustu No Index? The original To Aru's Illustrator (the novel one) drew Julia and Deirdre in Fire Emblem Heroes.

HACCAN has a very nice style; and I'm already a bit old in fandom, so styles like Sachiko's makes feel a bit nostalgic, in a good way.

Oh? Well, I shouldn't be surprised knowing how popular is Tharja, but where you found those polls?

Tharja also the disvantage of feeling "samey" to Robin in the kind of spells she can use, and of course, Micaiah is a protagonist as you said.

I'll try think a bit more about it and then put extra content in the OP.

Last edited:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
some of Source Gaming's polling finds middling popularity with Tharja among japanese and american votes, http://sourcegaming.info/ I'm sure you're aware of the site so it should be nice. It's actually where I came across the Micaiah support stuff, I may have said it already but I do really admire ceaseless dedication and passion, and I'd say you have it.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Micaiah is my favorite FE character and I will always support her in Smash.

Put me in the Supporter List.

Troykv

Smash Master
some of Source Gaming's polling finds middling popularity with Tharja among japanese and american votes, http://sourcegaming.info/ I'm sure you're aware of the site so it should be nice. It's actually where I came across the Micaiah support stuff, I may have said it already but I do really admire ceaseless dedication and passion, and I'd say you have it.
Oh! That is right, Source Gaming information mentiones Tharja too... I knew SG would help me to get people some day...

Oh Gagnetar; I feel flattered :happysheep:

Micaiah means a lot to me.

Micaiah is my favorite FE character and I will always support her in Smash.

Put me in the Supporter List.
Oh Jave... You're already in the Micaiah's Supporters List xD (I had your information since like a year ago)

But hey! Thanks to appear again, it's great to have someone like you around us, Jave.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
It would seem like she missed her window of opportunity, but who cares she’s great and I will support her and anything from the Tellius games.

Ok so not everything but definitely Micaiah

Troykv

Smash Master
It would seem like she missed her window of opportunity, but who cares she’s great and I will support her and anything from the Tellius games.

Ok so not everything but definitely Micaiah
You're right... Maybe isn't her time, but I'll still support her regardless.

Oh, and Welcome GoodGrief (YareYare)! Would I add you to the Micaiah's Supporters List? :D

Troykv

Smash Master
Abso-posi-lutely!
Okay then! I'll do it!

Thanks for join us :D

Sorry for the late response, I need to bump this thread ocasionally, we don't have many active members unlike other threads, and last weekend was a very relaxed time compared with last week.

Last edited:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Okay then! I'll do it!

Thanks for join us :D

Sorry for the late response, I need to bump this thread ocasionally, we don't have many active members unlike other threads, and last weekend was a very relaxed time compared with last week.
Hey do what ya have to do, in this game of social media, being the loudest is the best way to sway the masses also 100 post victory! lol. It's weird to me that Sothe has a trophy in Smash and not Micaiah, It's also just as weird that they consider their relationship that of brother and sister, I thought that was just a Heroes thing but I guess FE just really likes those incestous undertones. It's not like Sothe is more popular or more important than Micaiah was by any extension, I mean their trophy spread makes sense otherwise.

Edit: WOW speaking of similiar circumstances, most people know Krystal was considered before Wolf, but apparently.. Sakurai: “I had always wanted to include a Mage from the Fire Emblem series, and I feel like Robin turned out to be a really solid character.” ouch...

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Hey do what ya have to do, in this game of social media, being the loudest is the best way to sway the masses also 100 post victory! lol. It's weird to me that Sothe has a trophy in Smash and not Micaiah, It's also just as weird that they consider their relationship that of brother and sister, I thought that was just a Heroes thing but I guess FE just really likes those incestous undertones. It's not like Sothe is more popular or more important than Micaiah was by any extension, I mean their trophy spread makes sense otherwise.

Edit: WOW speaking of similiar circumstances, most people know Krystal was considered before Wolf, but apparently.. Sakurai: “I had always wanted to include a Mage from the Fire Emblem series, and I feel like Robin turned out to be a really solid character.” ouch...
Yeah! I agree, the loudest are the ones ended up being noticed more unless they're just spammers.

The thing about Sothe's trophy and the lack of Micaiah's trophy always had make me question myself many questions about the Brawl's development... Things I would need to ask Sakurai himself to know about...

I know that too, if Robin was a pure mage I think I wouldn't have ever arrived here in the first place... Robin was developed partially for the desire of Sakurai of doing a mage character... but, he ended up doing something a bit different with him; he created a Red Mage (or Mage Knight, whereas your game's preference) instead and play around the "Breakable Weapon" System from Fire Emblem... Mages aren't that plain to just being able to create one moveset with the idea, and Robin just explores some of the posibilities with Fire Emblem Magic.

Talking about Micaiah; I finished an article talking about her basic utilities in Fire Emblem Heroes (Vanilla Micaiah), I want to create in the future more articles talking about more specialized builds.

http://thedawnhistorian.blogspot.com/2018/03/gaming-tips-micaiah-in-fire-emblem.html

Last edited:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
I saw you sporting this in a post in another thread, It's amusing how people are still calling it SSB5, But I guess old habits die hard. You been following the heroes reddit? there's been two micaiah posts there and I didn't see you in the comments lol. Anyway it's nice to see they're making so many of these to spread around for us. I saw that they even had one for Lethe which was very heartwarming even if it's ridiculous. Wonder when we'll hear about warriors 2, I wouldn't mind getting some models from it when it comes out, but I guess that's got quite some time off lol.

Looking more at that concept of Robin, it seemed more like he made him more representative of FE as a whole with the durability mechanic, him being the tactician which is a common role for the players perspective, and having the dual weapon types instead of one despite the ability of the other characters to wield multiple weapons. He also stated that himself that he was representative of FE. Truly I think, Marth, Hector, Micaiah would have been a good spread for what we have in smash, Marth represents the original game, giving us a fast, combo-oriented moveset, Hector represents the first international FE, he could have filled the same role that Ike did, which was a slow, powerful unit, Ike's swings and kit are way more akin to a powerful axe wielder, Ike is actually very fast in his games. Micaiah would give us a unique, highly ranged focus kit, and she would be from what I'd consider the most ambitious FE game, big CG cutscenes, a large story and cast of characters with multiple sub-protagonists with data from the previous game connecting to it. But that's not how it went is it? I can't say I expect anymore FE characters for smash in a playable capacity, it's technically possible to get a second wind from the ballot, but she'd really have to count on developer bias or perhaps some massive unspoken popularity, But no reason to give up until DLC ends.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Hello everyone,

I've got a thread called Convince Me!

Every few days a character gets featured and has a chance to be pitched to the general forum as a character for Smash Bros Switch. It's less about how good their chances are, and more about getting people excited for what a character could bring to the table, either moveset, history, or uniqueness-wise.

I just made Micaiah the newest feature, and I was asked to post here to give all of you guys a chance to chime in!

You can find the thread here:
https://smashboards.com/threads/convince-me-april-6-micaiah.453937/

Troykv

Smash Master
I saw you sporting this in a post in another thread, It's amusing how people are still calling it SSB5, But I guess old habits die hard. You been following the heroes reddit? there's been two micaiah posts there and I didn't see you in the comments lol. Anyway it's nice to see they're making so many of these to spread around for us. I saw that they even had one for Lethe which was very heartwarming even if it's ridiculous. Wonder when we'll hear about warriors 2, I wouldn't mind getting some models from it when it comes out, but I guess that's got quite some time off lol.

Looking more at that concept of Robin, it seemed more like he made him more representative of FE as a whole with the durability mechanic, him being the tactician which is a common role for the players perspective, and having the dual weapon types instead of one despite the ability of the other characters to wield multiple weapons. He also stated that himself that he was representative of FE. Truly I think, Marth, Hector, Micaiah would have been a good spread for what we have in smash, Marth represents the original game, giving us a fast, combo-oriented moveset, Hector represents the first international FE, he could have filled the same role that Ike did, which was a slow, powerful unit, Ike's swings and kit are way more akin to a powerful axe wielder, Ike is actually very fast in his games. Micaiah would give us a unique, highly ranged focus kit, and she would be from what I'd consider the most ambitious FE game, big CG cutscenes, a large story and cast of characters with multiple sub-protagonists with data from the previous game connecting to it. But that's not how it went is it? I can't say I expect anymore FE characters for smash in a playable capacity, it's technically possible to get a second wind from the ballot, but she'd really have to count on developer bias or perhaps some massive unspoken popularity, But no reason to give up until DLC ends.
Well, personally I don't care about that... I would say that "I'm supporting Micaiah since Smash Wii U".

Oh? Which posts are you talking about? I posted in a post with a Micaiah chibi (She was so cute, I think I would share the Reddit Post later :D ).

You're indeed right, Robin represent the basic mechanics of Fire Emblem (having multiple equipment, durability, melee and ranged weapons), the fact that Robin's class was already a amalgamation make it the perfect candidate to represent these concepts.

I had always though that Ike uses his weapon as Axe for most of his attacks xD (also,, it seems Smash Popularity ended up making Ike more of a balanced unit with high attack, or in some cases, a Mighty Glacier in the future FE Games... If wasn't for the fact that Ike has a high Base Spd and Cap Spd in Radiant Dawn... he would actually have mediocre speed)

I'll not lose my hope, I'll still support Micaiah.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I have finished the post I wanted to share when Micaiah's turn arrive in the Rate The Character Thread.

Based in the Current Schendule and Nomination List, Micaiah should have her turn during April 30th.

Current Schendule: https://smashboards.com/threads/rate-their-chances-switch-edition-day-46-banjo-and-kazooie.453357/

Nominations: https://smashboards.com/threads/rat...njo-and-kazooie.453357/page-118#post-22028206

I would prefer if her day was at Sunday, to make me easier to post as soon as possible in the thread (Friday and Saturday would also be nice days in my opinion)...

Do you have something in mind to post when Micaiah's day arrive?

Troykv

Smash Master
I will support Micaiah as well! She is one of my favourite lords!
Welcome to club Michelaar! I'm happy to see new people after the RTC post I published (Heck, I was working on it since the last week because I thought Micaiah would get her RTC's Day like in April 26th or something like that).

Now I'll add you to nominations list

Are you interested in knowing something in particular? I'm open to questions :happysheep:

Michelaar

Smash Cadet
Welcome to club Michelaar! I'm happy to see new people after the RTC post I published (Heck, I was working on it since the last week because I thought Micaiah would get her RTC's Day like in April 26th or something like that).

Now I'll add you to nominations list

Are you interested in knowing something in particular? I'm open to questions :happysheep:
Nah, i'm good for now, but thanks for asking!

Troykv

Smash Master
There are quiet times in this thread, well, it's understandable, we don't have too much to discuss here xDU

But I would like to bring some stuff here because it would ended up being lost in the other topics.

The first thing is this Micaiah Portrait designed by @Dalek_Kolt (Thanks again BTW)
PNG Micaiah Simple.png

And the second thing is an idea I had in the General Discussion Thread.

And it's an idea for a Micaiah Trailer... how she would be revealed in a Smash Game... and there is.

We start in a calm, sunny and cheerful day, everything at peace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RJinY6wxTM

With a character (I will Ike in at least this version), walking around that place, he ended up finding a place to rest for a moment it looks like some kind of forgotten fortress with some broken parts letting the sun light being visible but not annoying. Things are nice for a moment, some birds are flying around, we in particular see a orange bird around the other birds (this doesn't initially too important outside of being a non common color compared with the rest of the more white-ish birds)

During a moment the music stops slowly and, the day becomes cloudier and darker, Ike notices something is weird and looks to his sides, nothing it's happening unti he sees he is now surronded for the *insert generic Cruel Arena Enemies, if they're Miis again make them look unnatural and a bit creepy, or at least feel soulless*,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unK2NnmVGfY

and they're approaching him... Ike maintains and steady position, try to search and blink space, but there are so many

*I don't have idea which music use for the short battle scene, maybe Time Of Action*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZSmJAoQ-44

A light ball drops from the sky and obliterate some of the enemies, letting Ike go outside his surronded position and now having the advantage (after all is Ike), and completing the fight with the help of this mysterious magician.

Ike looks up to the position of the mage, someone was also here in the fortress, but in a higher ground, he sees a female figure, the camera closes up, and we see Micaiah joining the battle... but isn't done yet, Micaiah decided to go down and approach Ike, they don't have a moment to actually interact because more of these beings are appearing, Ike and Micaiah join forces again to battle them, and then we go to gameplay. I think for this part the music would actually be a remix using these songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCuQFbPTzLA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX_9C4t0bmk

This idea still needs some fixes, but I would like to know what do you think about it :happysheep:

Last edited:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
There are quiet times in this thread, well, it's understandable, we don't have too much to discuss here xDU

But I would like to bring some stuff here because it would ended up being lost in the other topics.

The first thing is this Micaiah Portrait designed by @Dalek_Kolt (Thanks again BTW)

And the second thing is an idea I had in the General Discussion Thread.

And it's an idea for a Micaiah Trailer... how she would be revealed in a Smash Game... and there is.

We start in a calm, sunny and cheerful day, everything at peace.

With a character (I will Ike in at least this version), walking around that place, he ended up finding a place to rest for a moment it looks like some kind of forgotten fortress with some broken parts letting the sun light being visible but not annoying. Things are nice for a moment, some birds are flying around, we in particular see a orange bird around the other birds (this doesn't initially too important outside of being a non common color compared with the rest of the more white-ish birds)

During a moment the music stops slowly and, the day becomes cloudier and darker, Ike notices something is weird and looks to his sides, nothing it's happening unti he sees he is now surronded for the *insert generic Cruel Arena Enemies, if they're Miis again make them look unnatural and a bit creepy, or at least feel soulless*,

and they're approaching him... Ike maintains and steady position, try to search and blink space, but there are so many

*I don't have idea which music use for the short battle scene, maybe Time Of Action*

A light ball drops from the sky and obliterate some of the enemies, letting Ike go outside his surronded position and now having the advantage (after all is Ike), and completing the fight with the help of this mysterious magician.

Ike looks up to the position of the mage, someone was also here in the fortress, but in a higher ground, he sees a female figure, the camera closes up, and we see Micaiah joining the battle... but isn't done yet, Micaiah decided to go down and approach Ike, they don't have a moment to actually interact because more of these beings are appearing, Ike and Micaiah join forces again to battle them, and then we go to gameplay. I think for this part the music would actually be a remix using these songs:

This idea still needs some fixes, but I would like to know what do you think about it :happysheep:
Micaiah is still pretty much the best infantry mage, I always prefer defensive playstyles, I would make sense for Troykv to have an incredible indepth analysis of her, Heroes really shows off her sacrifice skill, especially since she's one of the best users of Vantage, in RD it's really just used for XP grinding.

The cutscene idea seems solid but I think a few changes would help, the greatest thing about the trailers is the reveal, but on a secondary level it's the character interaction, Link dominating Pit was pretty awesome.
Personally I think an animated trailer would be a great idea, It makes sense to use Ike as the focus unit, though it's kinda amusing to do that considering how she feels about him until late game. I like the heavy-handed hint with it being Ike and Yune though, that reveals it to fans of RD and Micaiah herself but to no one else.

Troykv

Smash Master
Micaiah is still pretty much the best infantry mage, I always prefer defensive playstyles, I would make sense for Troykv to have an incredible indepth analysis of her, Heroes really shows off her sacrifice skill, especially since she's one of the best users of Vantage, in RD it's really just used for XP grinding.

The cutscene idea seems solid but I think a few changes would help, the greatest thing about the trailers is the reveal, but on a secondary level it's the character interaction, Link dominating Pit was pretty awesome.
Personally I think an animated trailer would be a great idea, It makes sense to use Ike as the focus unit, though it's kinda amusing to do that considering how she feels about him until late game. I like the heavy-handed hint with it being Ike and Yune though, that reveals it to fans of RD and Micaiah herself but to no one else.
In fact, I was doing some articles talking about Micaiah's use in FE Heroes.

http://thedawnhistorian.blogspot.com/2018/03/gaming-tips-micaiah-in-fire-emblem.html

This is the first part (and the only one right now), and it's dedicated to basic usage of Micaiah's base capabilities... I want to go with more diverse play-styles and skill choices for the next Part, but I was very heavy.

And about the trailer... Oh yeah, in fact I was imagining this as an animated trailer, Made by Digital Frontier Inc. or Anima Inc. (these two are the best for the kind stuff a Fire Emblem Cutscene would need, at least I don't know other companies to do the animation so well). I was mostly being in-character with all of these, and using a bit of irony with the usage of both of Radiant Dawn Main Characters (with Micaiah ended up overshadowing Ike in the end because of this being her moment of glory)... But I wasn't actually sure what to make them said ...if they actually talk (specially with Ike because I don't want to disrespectful stuff with such a beloved character).

Would you like to suggest some ideas?

I appreciate the feed back and the opinions :D

Last edited:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
In fact, I was doing some articles talking about Micaiah's use in FE Heroes.

This is the first part (and the only one right now), and it's dedicated to basic usage of Micaiah's base capabilities... I want to go with more diverse play-styles and skill choices for the next Part, but I was very heavy.

And about the trailer... Oh yeah, in fact I was imagining this as an animated trailer, Made by Digital Frontier Inc. or Anima Inc. (these two are the best for the kind stuff a Fire Emblem Cutscene would need, at least I don't know other companies to do the animation so well). I was mostly being in-character with all of these, and using a bit of irony with the usage of both of Radiant Dawn Main Characters (with Micaiah ended up overshadowing Ike in the end because of this being her moment of glory)... But I wasn't actually sure what to make them said ...if they actually talk (specially with Ike because I don't want to disrespectful stuff with such a beloved character).

Would you like to suggest some ideas?

I appreciate the feed back and the opinions :D
You'll have to excuse me a bit due to the possibility of this statement being true, It makes me so very riled and conflicted. But Ike is a predictable character, Micaiah is the one who's a tad more complex. Based on her half-blood powers she can read peoples feelings, I could see her eyeing him over and feeling is pure heart, she'd close her eyes for a moment and understand Sothe's admiration for him, She could then turn to the enemies and say "No more suffering, If we must fight, Let it be together!" cut to gameplay of her using sacrifice to heal Ike's wounds, emphasizing her ranged play.

I have my own concept for a trailer for her, So I'd imagine a setting just outside of a forest, sword fighting is heard and it gets closer, it shows lucina and ike battling, lucina appears to have the advantage as she utilizes a relentless onslaught putting Ike into a corner, she jumps into the air for a strike, Ike Aether's and somersaults over her, slamming her into the ground with his superior vertical ability, knocking her away. Lucina groans in pain and states "You're as powerful as they say..." Ike stances and says "You challenged me with your sword, you should expect my full strength" a yellow flash is seen and ike just has enough time to turn as he's blasted away a good distance with a Thoron blast, Robin walks in and apologizes "Sorry lucina, I had to make sure he didn't see me" Lucina gets back up and responds gratefully "It's all right Robin... your strategies have never failed us" Robin responds "heh heh.. I do what I can; Hmm?" in the distance an orange bird flutters over head, distracting Robin, it zooms in for a moment before it cuts over to Ike who's damaged leaning on a tree as he tries to regain his composure by pushing off the ground with Ragnell, a hand is held over his chest and a small blue glow flashes in a quick moment* I comes back to Lucina and Robin, they hear a branch break and they turn, Lucina draws her sword again but Ike Quick Draws her away, taking them out of the camera, Robin calls out for Lucina but is blinded by a flash of light, the light fades and shows Micaiah from the ground up holding her book, she carries some conviction in her stance but is also somewhat hesitant, she then looks forward and stares robin in the face and it says "Micaiah foresees a fight!" She throws down another light ball and it transitions over to regular combat, Robin talks about the legend of the Radiant Hero and the Maiden of Dawn in very basic detail as it shows off her kit.

Attachments

Top Bottom