• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Priestess of Dawn, Micaiah for Smash! (Spirits are no longer a deal edition).

Do you like Micaiah?

• Yes

Votes: 108 84.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • I don't care

Votes: 13 10.2%

• Total voters

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
That's much better. If they're simply disregarding all protagonists with swords other than Marth, Chrom, and likely Ike and Lyn, then Micaiah is once again pretty likely.
I gotta say though, IS have gotta stop with the Lords with Swords, it's just so boring at this point.
It doesn't help that the games OCs also appear to be using swords. If they wanted uniqueness they could include include Laguz units, Lethe would be a buy from me aswell though i'm one of only a few that would say that and unfortunately Ranulf would take her spot. They seem to be advertising games that they can actually sell for a good price though, with the exception of the original. Following the reasoning against advance wars all this time they are concerned about bond support as if every game needs a shipping focus. Does that mean tellius remakes would have S rank supports? Curse Ashera and her hatred of interbreeding regardless. The reasoning present seems to explicitly ignore Hector, Micaiah and Ephraim, But the focus on the more modern games I suppose covers that. Can't say anything conclusively for anyone as we've only seen two characters so far from the games and there will no doubt be character DLC. It would also seem to be redundant to do another poll across series for characters considering choose your legends isn't dated, especially considering the games development. So Micaiah would be fighting other mage characters like Tharja, while Tharja is considerably more popular Micaiah also does healing, uses light magic and is a protagonist. Though it also says "this is not a meeting of protagonists across series" but the reason why again doesn't apply to the previous characters.

Luminario

Smash Lord
It doesn't help that the games OCs also appear to be using swords. If they wanted uniqueness they could include include Laguz units, Lethe would be a buy from me aswell though i'm one of only a few that would say that and unfortunately Ranulf would take her spot. They seem to be advertising games that they can actually sell for a good price though, with the exception of the original. Following the reasoning against advance wars all this time they are concerned about bond support as if every game needs a shipping focus. Does that mean tellius remakes would have S rank supports? Curse Ashera and her hatred of interbreeding regardless. The reasoning present seems to explicitly ignore Hector, Micaiah and Ephraim, But the focus on the more modern games I suppose covers that. Can't say anything conclusively for anyone as we've only seen two characters so far from the games and there will no doubt be character DLC. It would also seem to be redundant to do another poll across series for characters considering choose your legends isn't dated, especially considering the games development. So Micaiah would be fighting other mage characters like Tharja, while Tharja is considerably more popular Micaiah also does healing, uses light magic and is a protagonist. Though it also says "this is not a meeting of protagonists across series" but the reason why again doesn't apply to the previous characters.
I love how for the OCs of the game they went with the most blasé stale bread looking sword wielders. At least Lana was more out there.
I wouldn't really expect a Laguz that much, especially considering Keaton or Kaden are likely to take that role in the game as the typical transforming beasts while Tiki takes the role of the flying transformation character. Plus there's Corrin to compete with.
Hopefully Micaiah and Tharja aren't fighting for a spot that much, as they technically can't use each other's tomes and would probably have enough differences to both get in. I'm pretty sure Tharja would win if that were to happen due to her popularity and how koei tecmo just love to sexualise their female characters so they'd have a field day with Tharja.
I'm pretty sure after the OCs, Marth, Chrom, Lucina, Ike, and potentially Roy and Lyn, they knew they couldn't add in any other pure sword protagonists, so they had to specifically say all the protagonists wouldn't be in the game. They could also probably add in characters as alts instead of pure fighters such as Forrest over Elise, Nowi over Tiki, or Celica over Robin, so the other protagonists might see some action anyway.

Troykv

Smash Master
I'm going to save you the disappointment Troykv Troykv . Micaiah just won't be in the base game for Fire Emblem Warriors because of the focus on Shadow Dragon, Fates, and Awakening (Just like a certain crossover).

At worst, she'll probably be there as a DLC character like the other older Fire Emblem characters.
Heh... I was already prepared for that possibility... Focus (at least in the most part) into their 3 more known and profitable lores makes complete sense, specially if they want to avoid repetition (because most of the popular from the other games are the Lords, and outside of Celica, Hector, Ephraim and Micaiah, they use Swords as their main weapon... and that includes some of the biggest faces like Lyndis, Roy and, of course, Ike)

The reason all the protagonists from the Fire Emblem games are not being included is because if they did that, everyone would be using a sword.
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/05/fire-emb...-protagonists-marth-chrom#B86x0ZoORLZPD4lc.99

It's really weird they made no mention of Ike and Lyn who are more popular than marth or chrom by far. but perhaps they'll hold off on them. Also with that reason it makes Micaiah an interesting option. No Ike no buy for me.
Well, if Micaiah doesn't appear in the main game, there are really good reasons to include her in the DLC

She also has good legs, side slits and bare arms like the girls that Team Ninja Loves.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Heh... I was already prepared for that possibility... Focus (at least in the most part) into their 3 more known and profitable lores makes complete sense, specially if they want to avoid repetition (because most of the popular from the other games are the Lords, and outside of Celica, Hector, Ephraim and Micaiah, they use Swords as their main weapon... and that includes some of the biggest faces like Lyndis, Roy and, of course, Ike)

Well, if Micaiah doesn't appear in the main game, there are really good reasons to include her in the DLC

She also has good legs, side slits and bare arms like the girls that Team Ninja Loves.
Yea I think it's funny that chrom was shown in the trailer first, I guess he got his chance but for a different game. We'll see more announced about the roster soon enough, Micaiah is DLC potential but she'll have her work cut out for her as usual. It's gonna be weird having amiibos for the game that won't be supporting the respective character directly in the case of Roy and Ike if they stay solid on the current path. I didn't know anything about what team ninja loves lmao. Totally should get in now

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
I don't see Ike nor Lyn maing it in due to them being part of the weapon and protagonist restriction. At the very least Ike has Urvan to lean on to slip in. Micaiah actually has a nice shot thanks to said restriction.

Gagnetar Gagnetar : Those are Smash amiibo. If anything, we could get proper FE series amiibo for Marth, Lian, Shion and Chrom.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Yea I think it's funny that chrom was shown in the trailer first, I guess he got his chance but for a different game. We'll see more announced about the roster soon enough, Micaiah is DLC potential but she'll have her work cut out for her as usual. It's gonna be weird having amiibos for the game that won't be supporting the respective character directly in the case of Roy and Ike if they stay solid on the current path. I didn't know anything about what team ninja loves lmao. Totally should get in now
I wonder if this game will have their own Amiibo...

I don't see Ike nor Lyn maing it in due to them being part of the weapon and protagonist restriction. At the very least Ike has Urvan to lean on to slip in. Micaiah actually has a nice shot thanks to said restriction.

Gagnetar Gagnetar : Those are Smash amiibo. If anything, we could get proper FE series amiibo for Marth, Lian, Shion and Chrom.
Oh Lord-Zero, you're always the guy with the strangest predictions... but I hope you're right again.

Troykv

Smash Master

What you think about the rest of the reveals? (Robin, Lucina, Frederick and Lissa)

Also, I appeared here to "revive" this thread with... fan-art!

Micaiah bikini by eeryuu.png
Artist: eeryuu

Micaiah bikini by 74.jpg
Artist: 74

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
I think the characters chosen there are for story purposes, it's pretty much the core Shepherds, it's a stretch to say people were looking for frederick or lissa, We could perhaps see other characters because of this. You saw that they had a Chrom and Tiki amiibo made for it right? I wonder how many characters will get amiibo. It'd be cool if we got dlc packs like Dawn Brigade/Griel Mercenaries that features a few key members.

Troykv

Smash Master
I think the characters chosen there are for story purposes, it's pretty much the core Shepherds, it's a stretch to say people were looking for frederick or lissa, We could perhaps see other characters because of this. You saw that they had a Chrom and Tiki amiibo made for it right? I wonder how many characters will get amiibo. It'd be cool if we got dlc packs like Dawn Brigade/Griel Mercenaries that features a few key members.
It would be cool... I wonder if they will release a second version of the Smash Bros Characters as Amiibos or will still use the original ones (Marth, Lucina, Robin and Corrin)... and if the other main characters (the OCs) would have Amiibo.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
It would be cool... I wonder if they will release a second version of the Smash Bros Characters as Amiibos or will still use the original ones (Marth, Lucina, Robin and Corrin)... and if the other main characters (the OCs) would have Amiibo.
I'd say those two would definitely get it, and we might see dedicated amiibo even for existing characters that are smash amiibo as a character already being an amiibo doesn't exclude other games getting amiibo of that character. I also mentioned them putting micaiah in warriors on the U/Nintendo_america's post about warriors because i felt like she always got the short end of the stick. I'm also hoping FE cipher gets localized aswell, FE has been exploding in popularity in the west so I don't see why they shouldn't.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
What you think about the rest of the reveals? (Robin, Lucina, Frederick and Lissa)

Also, I appeared here to "revive" this thread with... fan-art!

It's nice to see characters that aren't sword users for once. Also, watching Lissa drag Frederick around as a weapon was pretty fun.
Latest reveal confirmed Cordelia, special areas only flying units can reach and what it seems to be a M!Robin alt in the form of F!Robin.

Troykv

Smash Master
It's nice to see characters that aren't sword users for once. Also, watching Lissa drag Frederick around as a weapon was pretty fun.
Latest reveal confirmed Cordelia, special areas only flying units can reach and what it seems to be a M!Robin alt in the form of F!Robin.
That was hilarious XD

Yes, in Fact, you can't use Fem Robin in the main campaign (probably because of this), but you can use her in free mode and the other game modes.

Also, it seems they teased the future reveal of a Male Archer and a Female Rider.

What do you think?

Troykv

Smash Master
Guys! I know you probably know this already! But Micaiah finally arrived to Heroes!

Our girl is at home!

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Was wondering why they were holding off so long on her, and it looks like Micaiah got the better end of the tellius stick, she gets both Thani and Sacrifice
Thani Grants Res+3. Effective against armored\nand cavalry foes. Against armored and\ncavalry foes using bow, dagger, magic, or\nstaff, damage from first attack received\nby unit during combat reduced by 30%.
Sacrifice Converts penalties on target into bonuses.\nRestores target's HP = unit's current HP -1.\nUnit's HP reduced by amount restored.
It makes me hope that Ragnell gets Def+3 at some point, If I had to guess they were holding her for the games powercreep like so. Because Thani looks like it has the most abilities of anything I've seen so far. And I suppose they were waiting for exclusive abilities to be released, so they could give her Sacrifice

Since we're on the subject of Micaiah I don't think this is the end of things to come for her. I've seen requests for tellius remakes for the switch around the net so it's possible we could see this in the later lifecycle of the switch, Aswell as the potential for FE warriors 2 to include her, Since they literally said they'd put Ike in it they're likely to include Tellius in it, Much like how fates has hoshido and nohr, I see no reason to not include the Dawn Brigade in it alongside the Greil Mercenaries.

Troykv

Smash Master
It's about time. You'd think being in the top 10 women of the Heroes Poll she'd be added much earlier.
At least the wait was worthy!

Was wondering why they were holding off so long on her, and it looks like Micaiah got the better end of the tellius stick, she gets both Thani and Sacrifice
Thani Grants Res+3. Effective against armored\nand cavalry foes. Against armored and\ncavalry foes using bow, dagger, magic, or\nstaff, damage from first attack received\nby unit during combat reduced by 30%.
Sacrifice Converts penalties on target into bonuses.\nRestores target's HP = unit's current HP -1.\nUnit's HP reduced by amount restored.
It makes me hope that Ragnell gets Def+3 at some point, If I had to guess they were holding her for the games powercreep like so. Because Thani looks like it has the most abilities of anything I've seen so far. And I suppose they were waiting for exclusive abilities to be released, so they could give her Sacrifice

Since we're on the subject of Micaiah I don't think this is the end of things to come for her. I've seen requests for tellius remakes for the switch around the net so it's possible we could see this in the later lifecycle of the switch, Aswell as the potential for FE warriors 2 to include her, Since they literally said they'd put Ike in it they're likely to include Tellius in it, Much like how fates has hoshido and nohr, I see no reason to not include the Dawn Brigade in it alongside the Greil Mercenaries.
Thani is awesome! It's like the most anti-meta weapon ever xD

I'm always hoping to see more Micaiah in the future, after Heroes, her best chance is in Fire Emblem Warriors 2 (that looks like it will be focused in many popular no-3DS characters that don't get your chance because the spin-off probably needed some casual help.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
There she is~ there's our girl in action~
Oh thank god, her voice actor is actually good. her RD voice was terrible, I couldn't stand it. Also christ, spoilers are right with Zelgius there, which I find quite cheap, they should have picked out some other Radiant Dawn char than rehashing zelgius, I know why they did it, but they could have just made him a reinforcement in the stage instead of, well that. Wonder how long we have to wait for laguz now, we've got the main group favorites in, so maybe we'll see them when they take a look at tellius again but I digress.

So that direct was over-hyped but they did port Hyrule Legends to switch, I think that can suggest they are still interested in bringing more of these gameplay crossovers to the switch.

Troykv

Smash Master
There she is~ there's our girl in action~
Her base skill-set is incredible, specially Thani, I have seen some weird **** you can endure thanks to Thani combined with Deflect Missile.

Oh thank god, her voice actor is actually good. her RD voice was terrible, I couldn't stand it. Also christ, spoilers are right with Zelgius there, which I find quite cheap, they should have picked out some other Radiant Dawn char than rehashing zelgius, I know why they did it, but they could have just made him a reinforcement in the stage instead of, well that. Wonder how long we have to wait for laguz now, we've got the main group favorites in, so maybe we'll see them when they take a look at tellius again but I digress.

So that direct was over-hyped but they did port Hyrule Legends to switch, I think that can suggest they are still interested in bringing more of these gameplay crossovers to the switch.
Well, they're a going to continue with the 3-Character banner, and personally, putting Edward without Leonardo and Nolan feels so wrong... so, I understand why they wanted to not use them yet.

In the other hand it makes sense that they have picked Zelgius/Black Knight anyway, he is so popular that people would want to have a +10 Version of him even with a F2P already existing... I mean, outside of him the most popular Tellius characters that stand in their own are well.... Ilyana (who would feel a bit random), Lethe and Ranulf (I think they will wait for a bigger update to talk about this kind of characters).

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I'll admit I wanted her for smash 4 but while I'm not going to add her to my support list I wouldn't dislike her inclusion in the next game

Troykv

Smash Master
I'll admit I wanted her for smash 4 but while I'm not going to add her to my support list I wouldn't dislike her inclusion in the next game
Welcome Blackwolf; well, I understand, some people want to see some characters, but aren't actively asking for them because they doubt in their chances. I have see it before, but hey, I'm happy to see new people here :D

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Well i wasted about 120 orbs trying to get miciah, came out empty handed although i did get a 3rd 5 star catria and a mae which is ok i guess but i still want miciah, hopefully can build up a bunch of orbs by doing maps i havent done yet before the banner ends and give it one last solid try.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Well i wasted about 120 orbs trying to get miciah, came out empty handed although i did get a 3rd 5 star catria and a mae which is ok i guess but i still want miciah, hopefully can build up a bunch of orbs by doing maps i havent done yet before the banner ends and give it one last solid try.
Catria can give you a easy access to Slaying Lance, and I think you can use Mae for some fun builds.

I hope you can get Micaiah, it still left like 12 days :D

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Her base skill-set is incredible, specially Thani, I have seen some weird **** you can endure thanks to Thani combined with Deflect Missile.

Well, they're a going to continue with the 3-Character banner, and personally, putting Edward without Leonardo and Nolan feels so wrong... so, I understand why they wanted to not use them yet.

In the other hand it makes sense that they have picked Zelgius/Black Knight anyway, he is so popular that people would want to have a +10 Version of him even with a F2P already existing... I mean, outside of him the most popular Tellius characters that stand in their own are well.... Ilyana (who would feel a bit random), Lethe and Ranulf (I think they will wait for a bigger update to talk about this kind of characters).
Man I might actually go back to playing heroes if Lethe came out, she was my favorite character from tellius. Tellius has a lot of well-made characters though, so it's pretty nice. And you're right. Considering the 3-banner concepts, Micaiah and Sothe are really the only must haves you need in the banner and since they clearly didn't want a 5-character banner, even though they've done that before the 3 person banner is a good pick. Btw I've made an assload of character kits so I think I might make one for Micaiah. Her kit actually has some interesting potential without stretching too far.

Troykv

Smash Master
Man I might actually go back to playing heroes if Lethe came out, she was my favorite character from tellius. Tellius has a lot of well-made characters though, so it's pretty nice. And you're right. Considering the 3-banner concepts, Micaiah and Sothe are really the only must haves you need in the banner and since they clearly didn't want a 5-character banner, even though they've done that before the 3 person banner is a good pick. Btw I've made an assload of character kits so I think I might make one for Micaiah. Her kit actually has some interesting potential without stretching too far.
Oh yeah! I hope Lethe has a place in the game eventually, I'm very interested in see how the beasts will exactly work.

Distant Defense and Guard are skills that combine very well with Thani, just some changes would be done to make her a bit better, like giving her a special and maybe try to use a Ploy (her Res is so insane you would even Debuff some crazy stuff in Tempest Trials)

Talking about something a bit crazier; Micaiah is probably the most paper-tissue character that would actually use Close Counter/Vantage Combo just for the fact you can one shot a lot of horse xD

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah! I hope Lethe has a place in the game eventually, I'm very interested in see how the beasts will exactly work.

Distant Defense and Guard are skills that combine very well with Thani, just some changes would be done to make her a bit better, like giving her a special and maybe try to use a Ploy (her Res is so insane you would even Debuff some crazy stuff in Tempest Trials)

Talking about something a bit crazier; Micaiah is probably the most paper-tissue character that would actually use Close Counter/Vantage Combo just for the fact you can one shot a lot of horse xD
I was able to get her, +def -res, I was upset, until i realized that might not actually be bad since her res is insane and I could use that to get a def +3 seal to give her 30 def with distant def active plus her mitigation. Also a ploy is likely the best option for her, i reccomend spd ploy if you can pick up deirdre since it's her glaring weakness

Troykv

Smash Master
I was able to get her, +def -res, I was upset, until i realized that might not actually be bad since her res is insane and I could use that to get a def +3 seal to give her 30 def with distant def active plus her mitigation. Also a ploy is likely the best option for her, i reccomend spd ploy if you can pick up deirdre since it's her glaring weakness
Well... I think the only bane that really hurts her power is -Atk (lost in many cases the power to One Shot some variants of Brave Lyn), other than that there aren't really bad banes for Micaiah IMO, you can make use of them somehow.

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
You can add me to the support list!

Really happy I found this thread because once the character discussion threads all moved I wasn't allowed to join because I had less than 100 messages.

I spent over 200 orbs on Micaiah, but luckily I did get a 5star Zelgius, Eldigan, and Katrina

Troykv

Smash Master
You can add me to the support list!

Really happy I found this thread because once the character discussion threads all moved I wasn't allowed to join because I had less than 100 messages.

I spent over 200 orbs on Micaiah, but luckily I did get a 5star Zelgius, Eldigan, and Katrina
Nice! Welcome to the Club Arsh99!

I'm happy to see old fans around here!. I'll do it now.

I don't know if you know it, but I have done some articles about Micaiah and other FE-related stuff, if you're interested.

Troykv

Smash Master
Still support Micaiah here.
Welcome again smashkirby! I'm sorry I hadn't answer before, I sometimes forgot to check Smash Boards because this thread is a bit dry xDU

I'm thinking what to talk about in the next article for the blog. Do you have any idea? :happysheep:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Got a decent deal and finally bought Radiant Dawn (only US release missing now is Path of Radiance), Do not really have too much time to play it now and I want to finish Fates: Conquest 1st but it feels good to finally add to my collection.

Troykv

Smash Master
Got a decent deal and finally bought Radiant Dawn (only US release missing now is Path of Radiance), Do not really have too much time to play it now and I want to finish Fates: Conquest 1st but it feels good to finally add to my collection.
That is great! It's really hard to get Radiant Dawn at decent price these days; I'm happy you get it.

What do you think about Fates Conquest BTW?

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
That is great! It's really hard to get Radiant Dawn at decent price these days; I'm happy you get it.

What do you think about Fates Conquest BTW?
I have enjoyed it more than birthright so far but I still prefer awakening. I have played very little of the other games to really say how it stacks up to them although I have seen a lot of hardcore fans say they are even better than the newer ones so hopefully I find they are right when I finally get to them.

Troykv

Smash Master
I have enjoyed it more than birthright so far but I still prefer awakening. I have played very little of the other games to really say how it stacks up to them although I have seen a lot of hardcore fans say they are even better than the newer ones so hopefully I find they are right when I finally get to them.
Yeah, I prefer Awakening too xD

People have many views of Conquest for several reasons, I think you'll notice some of the bad views the longer you play.

Troykv

Smash Master
I'm backkkk.

Highly doubtful she gets in with FE on the Switch probably where the new rep will come from. But I'll hold hope!
Oh! TLMC! I'm happy to see you again! it's seem this direct does more miracles I was expecting hehehe.

I'm not expecting Micaiah, but I hoping for something to her, please Sakurai.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Oh! TLMC! I'm happy to see you again! it's seem this direct does more miracles I was expecting hehehe.

I'm not expecting Micaiah, but I hoping for something to her, please Sakurai.

Nice to see you again too. It's been far to long. I quit Smash 4 for the most part, so this makes me happy to want to play the series again.

Troykv

Smash Master
Nice to see you again too. It's been far to long. I quit Smash 4 for the most part, so this makes me happy to want to play the series again.
Do you have a way to get a Switch? I'll try to get one later this year (or in the beginnings of the next year)

Top Bottom