• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Priestess of Dawn, Micaiah for Smash! (Spirits are no longer a deal edition).

Do you like Micaiah?

• Yes

Votes: 108 84.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • I don't care

Votes: 13 10.2%

• Total voters

Troykv

Smash Master
Were you happy to play as Micaiah or were you indifferent?

Okay but you also stopped responding to VMs which were completely unrelated. They are outdated anyway and wouldn't make sense for you to respond as of now but I'm just asking for permission to post in the future in case I want to discuss the E3 or other future events as I don't want to pointlessly spam your profile.

Mangs has admit in a recent Q&A session that the speed at which he produces character spotlight is too slow and hence he's asked Cyan Yoh, his designer, for help. Cyan Yoh is pretty smart when it comes to analyzing characters albeit a bit too over critical even for his favourite.

Are you interested in any other Brave Heroes or are you only interested in Micaiah? Personally I think I'll take a free Eliwood and go for as many copies for Micaiah.

Do you watch Ghast's support science videos? Personally I think they are better than Mangs' character spotlights.
Oh, I was happy without a doubt, always happy to be in Team Micaiah.

You can PM the next time, I'll respond, don't worry.

It makes sense, there is a lot to go over.

I will try to summon as much Micaiah as possible, after that I'll define my free unit based in many ??? reasons xD.

I like both series; Ghast's is more interesting because it focus in the Character itself; but Mangs' is quicker and goes over various details; so they help you more to get a general idea of which kind of character and unit they're for the fanbase.

Last edited:

Icelerate

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I was happy without a doubt, always happy to be in Team Micaiah.

You can PM the next time, I'll respond, don't worry.

It makes sense, there is a lot to go over.

I will try to summon as much Micaiah as possible, after that I'll define my free unit based in many ??? reasons xD.

I like both series; Ghast's is more interesting because it focus in the Character itself; but Mangs' is quicker and goes over various details; so they help you more to get a general idea of which kind of character and unit they're for the fanbase.
BTW I quit FEH, you can delete me off your friend's list. I am either Icelerate or Kurthnaga. Not sure what my name was.

I don't even care about Micaiah in Heroes anymore. The game just stopped being appealing by being too repetitive.

I agree with you.
---------------------------------------
BTW, to all you Micaiah fans who want to see her in Smash, what do you think about Edelgard in Smash? She can use magic and axes making her very unique. She also seems like a very interesting character who could potentially surpass my love for Micaiah or at the least be on the same tier.

Troykv

Smash Master
BTW I quit FEH, you can delete me off your friend's list. I am either Icelerate or Kurthnaga. Not sure what my name was.

I don't even care about Micaiah in Heroes anymore. The game just stopped being appealing by being too repetitive.

I agree with you.
---------------------------------------
BTW, to all you Micaiah fans who want to see her in Smash, what do you think about Edelgard in Smash? She can use magic and axes making her very unique. She also seems like a very interesting character who could potentially surpass my love for Micaiah or at the least be on the same tier.
Oh okay; I can understand that; it's okay, this game can't be played eternally without having a certain mindset about it.

--

I like the idea of Edelgard in Smash; I'm not sure what to expect from her moveset wise though xD.

It's finally here!

Brave Micaiah arrived in the new FEH Channel!

Icelerate

Smash Apprentice
Oh okay; I can understand that; it's okay, this game can't be played eternally without having a certain mindset about it.

--

I like the idea of Edelgard in Smash; I'm not sure what to expect from her moveset wise though xD.

It's finally here!

Brave Micaiah arrived in the new FEH Channel!
I'd like to talk to you more in depth on Edelgard, on SF, as I did read her story lines from YouTube as well as all her supports which you were kind enough to like on your YT page. One day I need to analyse her character.

Are you surprised Micaiah is wearing Light Priestess outfit? I thought she'd be a legendary hero because legendary heroes are depicted at their strongest. This leaves Light Sage Micaiah as a legendary hero which is strange because story wise her combat prowess is on par with Ilyana who isn't exactly a legendary tier strength and power. Also, Lethe was shocked that someone as weak as Micaiah was leading the army.

Lethe: Wait, you're the one in command?!

Ilyana: It’ll be all right. I’m really strong against your spells, and my magic is not powerful enough to defeat you. We’ll be fine.
Micaiah: But if we’re equally matched, why should we fight at all? It sounds… wrong.

Troykv

Smash Master
I'd like to talk to you more in depth on Edelgard, on SF, as I did read her story lines from YouTube as well as all her supports which you were kind enough to like on your YT page. One day I need to analyse her character.

Are you surprised Micaiah is wearing Light Priestess outfit? I thought she'd be a legendary hero because legendary heroes are depicted at their strongest. This leaves Light Sage Micaiah as a legendary hero which is strange because story wise her combat prowess is on par with Ilyana who isn't exactly a legendary tier strength and power. Also, Lethe was shocked that someone as weak as Micaiah was leading the army.

Lethe: Wait, you're the one in command?!

Ilyana: It’ll be all right. I’m really strong against your spells, and my magic is not powerful enough to defeat you. We’ll be fine.
Micaiah: But if we’re equally matched, why should we fight at all? It sounds… wrong.
Oh it's okay ask me anything in SF.

I'm surprised, but I can understand why they did it; the banner took a "Kings and Queens" approach, with each character having the custome they in theory should use as a Country Leader; with the exception of Micaian and Eliwood (which are pretty much their ending outfits, and in Eliwood's case it was already very similar to his dad's outfit) the characters use modified versions of other outfits of their previous leader....Alm has a the Gaiden design mixed with details of Rudolf's design; and Camilla has a modified version of Garon's design.

And in a way Micaiah already has a modified version of a previous ruler outfit (but as you know, from another country).

Micaiah wouldn't be physically strong, but that doesn't stop her of having a resolve that it's pretty much comparable to that of Legendary Heroes.

Do you know the story of Jeanne D'Arc? She never fought a battle directly, prefering to take a more supporting role; but she was an inspiration for many people, her ideas, her visions, her charisma. She wasn't exactly a warrior, but she was a Hero for France.

She is a Legend and remember for all the quite incredible stuff she did despite never actually fighting.

Last edited:

Icelerate

Smash Apprentice
Oh it's okay ask me anything in SF.

I'm surprised, but I can understand why they did it; the banner took a "Kings and Queens" approach, with each character having the custome they in theory should use as a Country Leader; with the exception of Micaian and Eliwood (which are pretty much their ending outfits, and in Eliwood's case it was already very similar to his dad's outfit) the characters use modified versions of other outfits of their previous leader....Alm has a the Gaiden design mixed with details of Rudolf's design; and Camilla has a modified version of Garon's design.

And in a way Micaiah already has a modified version of a previous ruler outfit (but as you know, from another country).

Micaiah wouldn't be physically strong, but that doesn't stop her of having a resolve that it's pretty much comparable to that of Legendary Heroes.

Do you know the story of Jeanne D'Arc? She never fought a battle directly, prefering to take a more supporting role; but she was an inspiration for many people, her ideas, her visions, her charisma. She wasn't exactly a warrior, but she was a Hero for France.

She is a Legend and remember for all the quite incredible stuff she did despite never actually fighting.
I separated a huge wall of text into two parts so you can ignore the larger one as I was just commenting about Geneology and Thracia.

Here is a poll done by PM1 to see which CYL3 winner should be the free pick. Hopefully Micaiah wins. I'm tempted to come back to FEH just because of Micaiah but it seems dumb when you only care for one character.

What do you think about her Light Priestess outfit as her regal outfit that she wears as a Queen? It's very beautiful and regal IMO fitting for the lovely Queen of Dawn.

I learned about Jeanne D'Arc after learning about Micaiah due to being based off her. Now all we need is a staff Micaiah and Micaiah Emblem is complete.

Troykv

Smash Master
Hello everyone again; I'm a bit delayed in all the potential news about Smash Bros; after focusing so much in the Fire Emblem side of the communities during the last month.

So I have heard this stuff about a female character; what we know about her?

_____

Also; I hope you're enjoying Brave Micaiah :D

Icelerate

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys think about this? According to insider information, Mangs believes that the Tellius games are being remade for the Switch. If this is in fact true, do you think Micaiah will be added to Smash? I don't think so because even if that were the case, remakes don't get representation as shown by Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.

Three Houses was a brand new game that revolutionized the franchise while remakes are just reinventing the wheel.

Also; I hope you're enjoying Brave Micaiah :D
What is your favourite Micaiah in Heroes? I think I like Brave Micaiah the most because playing around with debuffs can be fun and she has better stats. Also, she's the hottest one.

Troykv

Smash Master
What do you guys think about this? According to insider information, Mangs believes that the Tellius games are being remade for the Switch. If this is in fact true, do you think Micaiah will be added to Smash? I don't think so because even if that were the case, remakes don't get representation as shown by Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.

Three Houses was a brand new game that revolutionized the franchise while remakes are just reinventing the wheel.
It's hard to say for sure, at least Chrom prove that older character aren't outside the range of possibility... So who knows, though I agree isn't the most likely addition unless the other games released around right now and mid 2021 don't have a character that can fit the idea of this promotional person.

The case with Echoes is a bit weird because of two things in my opinion.

1.- The Character focus on Ultimate's base roster: Outside of Incineroar, pretty much all the characters in the game have some kind of legacy, this game was designed to be the Smash Ultimate, so remastering the old favorites was given priority above anything else, and all the non-Incineroar characters bring themselves tons of legacy (many of them, like the Belmonts and Ken), are fanfavorites wanted for at least a decade or even two (Ridley and K. Rool), or are rising stars from the decade's beginning that prove to have lasting popularity (Chrom, Isabelle and of course the Inklings, the most obvious addition to Smash since Bowser in Melee). This negatively affected newer characters that would usually get a playable character (I'm sure low priority was also a factor in Rex don't appearing in Smash), with Incineroar being the only one that manage to make it.

2.- What would Sakurai even do with the main characters?: Alm looks like Green-haired Marth with the Sword-hand mirror'd, he would have just been another alteration of Marth's moveset (probably a Roy-echo judging by Alm's attitude). Celica shares the same archetype that Robin has, being a Magic Knight, I'm sure she would have worked as a Robin echo (changing the Tome gimmick for something similar to Pichu's self-damage to anything that isn't tilts or non-Smashed Aerials), but Chrom ended up being more appealing in general to do I believe (more popular at the time of development, specially more popular with the Smash fans, his change of gimmick would need less work overall).

So yeah, Alm and Celica were doom the day Sakurai decided "Everyone is Here"

What is your favourite Micaiah in Heroes? I think I like Brave Micaiah the most because playing around with debuffs can be fun and she has better stats. Also, she's the hottest one.
I agree, Brave Micaiah has some fun gimmicks, and she can be surprisingly bulky and fast thanks to her weapon's effect.

Are you talking about her thighs?

Icelerate

Smash Apprentice
It's hard to say for sure, at least Chrom prove that older character aren't outside the range of possibility... So who knows, though I agree isn't the most likely addition unless the other games released around right now and mid 2021 don't have a character that can fit the idea of this promotional person.
Chrom was added because he was an easy echo. Micaiah would have a whole new move set so she's a lot less likely.
I agree, Brave Micaiah has some fun gimmicks, and she can be surprisingly bulky and fast thanks to her weapon's effect.

Are you talking about her thighs?
Brave Micaiah has three different builds I am interested in. I will post them on the Micaiah subreddit.

Mainly her thighs but her color scheme too. What's your favourite design wise in Heroes?

Troykv

Smash Master
Chrom was added because he was an easy echo. Micaiah would have a whole new move set so she's a lot less likely.
Exactly, I'm talking about Chrom vs Alm/Celica, where Chrom had everything in his side to be the Echo Character, and adding a new Fire Emblem charactter wasn't high priority thanks to Corrin already being released not long ago and the overall game being focused more in the Everyone is Here motif.

Brave Micaiah has three different builds I am interested in. I will post them on the Micaiah subreddit.

Mainly her thighs but her color scheme too. What's your favourite design wise in Heroes?
Nice! I'm looking forward.

Well, I like all three of them I'm not even sure anymore which is my favorite xD

Couldn't Micaiah work as an echo for Robin ?
Micaiah doesn't use swords, only staves to go with her light magic which itself doesn't remotely behave like the anima and dark magic Robin has.
Yeah, Micaiah clash a bit too much with the animations Robin uses, lacking and sword and her spells working quite different (light magic hitboxes actually work more like Palutena's or Zelda's Smash Attacks.).

Funny enough it would actually be realizable to make Micaiah an Echo based on Zelda, she would still need some quite heavy changes (Ken level at minimum) thought.

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
Funny enough it would actually be realizable to make Micaiah an Echo based on Zelda, she would still need some quite heavy changes (Ken level at minimum) thought.
Micaiah as a Zelda echo would be pretty great. She could summon Black Night instead of the Phantom since Black Knight does love to teleport. Warp staff could also be used in place of Farore's Wind.

Edit: You could even have her replicate Melee/Brawl Zelda with Sothe jumping in rather than having Zelda transform.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Check out this artist's rendition of Micaiah's costumes and special moves on Twitter!

Troykv

Smash Master
Micaiah as a Zelda echo would be pretty great. She could summon Black Night instead of the Phantom since Black Knight does love to teleport. Warp staff could also be used in place of Farore's Wind.

Edit: You could even have her replicate Melee/Brawl Zelda with Sothe jumping in rather than having Zelda transform.
Sorry for the late answer. But yeah. It would be kind of fun seeing Sothe act as Sheik xD

Check out this artist's rendition of Micaiah's costumes and special moves on Twitter!

That is awesome. That actually reminds a bit of my moveset. But the colors are different xD

A shame the thread got a bit heated. I should have arrived earlier.

But anyway, Best girl!

Troykv

Smash Master
Sakurai posted an Ike themed Pic of the Day.

I wonder what was supposed to be the old man in the middle.

Sorry for the late answer, it had been ages since the last time someone appeared here xD.

_____

Edit: BTW Guys, Min Min annoucement made me happy, she is the first DLC female character, and the second female character that join in Ultimate (after Isabelle). She also arrived with a revealing and beautiful truth.

SPIRITS DO NOT DECONFIRM

:D

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Have I put my support here yet? I don't think I have, but any Fire Emblem character is an instant support in my book.
Hmm... Nope, I have seen your name before in other threads, but never in Micaiah for Smash.

Welcome to the Brigade Pokelego :D

I'm right now trying to think what to do with the future of this thread, I have the moveset I did (alongside a friend and Nantendo), and I was thinking if I'd go more deeply about how the moves could work? I'm not at expert in game design, but I think I have seen enough stuff to give it a try in creating decent stats for the moves.

What do you think Pokelego?

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Hmm... Nope, I have seen your name before in other threads, but never in Micaiah for Smash.

Welcome to the Brigade Pokelego :D

I'm right now trying to think what to do with the future of this thread, I have the moveset I did (alongside a friend and Nantendo), and I was thinking if I'd go more deeply about how the moves could work? I'm not at expert in game design, but I think I have seen enough stuff to give it a try in creating decent stats for the moves.

What do you think Pokelego?
I just went and read your moveset, and jeez that was through. Multiple varitations of specials, numerous different attacks, animations, etc, all described in the utmost detail. Great job, definitely.
But what do you mean by stats? Could you elaborate a little more?

Troykv

Smash Master
I just went and read your moveset, and jeez that was through. Multiple varitations of specials, numerous different attacks, animations, etc, all described in the utmost detail. Great job, definitely.
But what do you mean by stats? Could you elaborate a little more?
Basically imaginating how it could work in practice. Frames (startup, active animation and endlag) and percentages.

Troykv

Smash Master
I don't really know too much about that kind of stuff, so I can't say much.
Understandable, I'm not exactly the biggest number around here, but I feel I need to do something for this place, and improve stuff I already have is the only idea I have in mind xD

Troykv

Smash Master
A little outdated, but Micaiah did get a bridal alt recently.
Yup, I was a bit lucky to get the Alt without using too much orbs, which I big relief xD.

Considering this Alt kind of appeared out of nowhere, I wonder when Legendary Micaiah will be a thing, I doubt it will be soon because of the Bride Alt, I hope.

Troykv

Smash Master
Well the next legendary banner is this month iirc
Well, after the reveal of Seliph's Legendary Alt, it seems Micaiah will take a while before appearing as Legendary Hero (at least 4 months), because I can't see her being anything other that Earth; mostly because of her Dark affinity, and how the other divine-related Legendary Heroes (Tiki and Grima) are also Earth.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Well, after the reveal of Seliph's Legendary Alt, it seems Micaiah will take a while before appearing as Legendary Hero (at least 4 months), because I can't see her being anything other that Earth; mostly because of her Dark affinity, and how the other divine-related Legendary Heroes (Tiki and Grima) are also Earth.
I think Light could work.

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
Yup, I was a bit lucky to get the Alt without using too much orbs, which I big relief xD.

Considering this Alt kind of appeared out of nowhere, I wonder when Legendary Micaiah will be a thing, I doubt it will be soon because of the Bride Alt, I hope.
Glad you got her!! I was actually hoping for a Micaiah pair up w/ Sothe and like 3 days later it was announced. Spent about 150 orbs on her but unfortunately didnt get her :( . Heres hoping for next time

Troykv

Smash Master
I think Light could work.
Unless Micaiah is a Mythic that is unlikely (and if Micaiah was a Mythic, Dark is also a potential consideration for her element), she'll probably be treated like the other Fire Emblem lords, and be a Legendary Hero, so she will be put as one of the four elements.

Glad you got her!! I was actually hoping for a Micaiah pair up w/ Sothe and like 3 days later it was announced. Spent about 150 orbs on her but unfortunately didnt get her :( . Heres hoping for next time
I think your best opportunity to get Micaiah before the re-run will be in the Double Special Heroes with her, who knows when it will be exactly released, but be cautious just in case.

Icelerate

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for commenting about it, I was trying to avoid doing double posts...

Damn, this answer arrived a bit too late xD
I think Micaiah is doing pretty well. Looks like Lysithea is really popular for a mage pick.

Troykv

Smash Master
For.... some reason.
She was part of the Winners of CYL4, and the most popular not lord character from the game in several fandoms, in some cases for a long shot.

--

The sudden release of Sephiroth made me want to return to the site to see what's going on, and talks about the implications of releasing a character like him, because unlike pretty much every other DLC released, he isn't the main character of his game, instead, he's a villain, of course, not any villain, but an icon of his franchise.

Oh, the speculation is going to get quite wild.

Icelerate

Smash Apprentice
She was part of the Winners of CYL4, and the most popular not lord character from the game in several fandoms, in some cases for a long shot.

--

The sudden release of Sephiroth made me want to return to the site to see what's going on, and talks about the implications of releasing a character like him, because unlike pretty much every other DLC released, he isn't the main character of his game, instead, he's a villain, of course, not any villain, but an icon of his franchise.

Oh, the speculation is going to get quite wild.
Altina is doing very well. If Sephiroth can get in and Altina has so many votes, what about Sephiran?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

"Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn" released today in 2007 !! Ike in Smash Bra came with the blue flame version in "X" and the Akatsuki version in "for", and both variations can be used in "SP". "Akatsuki no Megami" is "Blue Flame Trail" Setting after 3 years. #Smash Bros. SP

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
Just wanted to post once more before this closed. Had a great time discussing Micaiah over the years with you all. Hopefully, we see here another day in a remake. Cheers everyone and have fun playing RD again!

Top Bottom