• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Priestess of Dawn, Micaiah for Smash! (Spirits are no longer a deal edition).

Do you like Micaiah?

• Yes

Votes: 108 84.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • I don't care

Votes: 13 10.2%

• Total voters

Troykv

Smash Master
I've been trying to dream up a possible reveal trailer for her and I feel it could go along the lines of this:
This is the cutscene I used for reference
This is based on the first cutscene of Radiant Dawn where Micaiah is found in that crack then her Bird flies out of the crack and Micaiah gets Captured and Rescued by Sothe.

However with this trailer this will be how it goes:
Yune (Micaiah's Bird) flies out of the crack, and then a guard comes and says "Is this the Dawn Brigade?" and then the guards say "No. It was just a Bird" Then Zelda's Phantom comes in and Slashes the Guards away. then Micaiah peeks out of the crack and then...

-- INSERT MICAIAH TAGLINE (I can't think of one) --

Micaiah then gets captured by the guards and then Sothe, Marth, Link and Cloud rescue her from the guards then she charges her light and blinds the guards.

-- INSERT MICAIAH GAMEPLAY --

Micaiah then calls Yune and runs away from the area
Feel free to critique, Just keep in mind I have only played up to the end of Chapter 2 and I am on Chapter 3.
I like the idea of doing something based in the original cutscene; but I think this reveal idea it needs to change a bit the structure to make Micaiah stand out a bit more (but conserve the Soldiers; that would be fun :p

I think Micaiah just blinding the gaurds and then running away really undermines her character, especially in a trailer for a fighting game. She is very headstrong and will always fight til the end for her people and those that aid her. She flees in that first cut scene because the odds are completely against her since the DB is just a rag tag team of 5 at that point (plus Yune of course) and it's just her and Sothe in that area.

I think it'd be neat if they played with the rivalry she has with a certain character, but I do really like your idea of her encountering the Begnion soldiers. I think it'd actually work out great if Micaiah and Sothe were a duo character.

Anyways, I'm hoping you're enjoying the game. It's one of my top 5 favourites.
Yeah; that was kind of my problem; with the idea of that reveal idea; Micaiah ended up being overshadow in her own reveal xDU.

I feel like Micaiah has slowly been getting more and more popular lately. It's refreshing since I remember her always getting so much hate when Radiant Dawn was still kinda new. Anyways, its great we have her on two of the banners in FEH right now.

I found this on the fire emblem subreddit ( while searching for it I found Troykv Troykv 's blog post from 2 years ago! thank you for supporting her so strongly)

Micaiah is the most popular choice for playable character for a Fire Emblem rep! By no means does this mean she's confirmed, but it really is awesome considering since Radiant Dawn came out over a decade ago.
Micaiah ended up surviving the Fire Emblem fatigue (to a certain extent); she doesn't appear a lot in videos or stuff like that, but you can found her support in several sites.

Alongside Ike, Micaiah is my favourite "Lord" of all FE. I support her since pre Smash4 times, so Could you put me in the support list?
Oh! I think I have see you retweeting stuff from Micaiah Supporters o.o

Welcome to the Club Royaru!

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Sorry for the delay; you're already in the OP...

BTW; I forgot to ask you this before; can I add you to the Supporters List?
Late reply from me too since I just got back home from vacation. You can add me to the supporters list if ya want~

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Hello Micaiah fans, I Just came to say Hi and good luck, I would love to see her even if her chance is lower than 1%

#MicaiahBestGirl

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Is Michaiah still talked about much?
I used to like her quite a bit. I just feel like she faded, but I don't really know.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I think not... people are only speaking about Celica, Black Knight or Soren(because of the Neogaf leak) in regard of FE newcomer, but I still love Micaiah, I want her at least as a AT but it's less likely that she would get her chance... but hey maybe we could get something with her!

[EDIT] ok... whoa my text don't sounds too good...

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I used to like her quite a bit. I just feel like she faded, but I don't really know.
Micaiah is heavily overshadowed by more relevant Fire Emblem characters these days. Namely Alm, Celica, Edgarde, the Heroes OC's, etc.

And like Algui said, there's Black Knight because people think he has a shot as an Ike echo.

Despite that, she still has support. Even if it's not big enough.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
In any case she still is our best girl, I want to see anything about her, even if is a regular trophy

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
True.

I will keep on hoping for something good out of her.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Anyway her best shot in being playable is as a Echo of Robin(because hey Staffs hurt a lot in RD sometimes(Poor Dawn Brigade, slautered by a cleric that crited)

Troykv

Smash Master
Late reply from me too since I just got back home from vacation. You can add me to the supporters list if ya want~
Understood! And thanks :3

Hello Micaiah fans, I Just came to say Hi and good luck, I would love to see her even if her chance is lower than 1%

#MicaiahBestGirl
Welcome alguidrag; we know that Micaiah isn't the most likely character ever; but that stop anyone of wanting their most wanted characters.

Micaiah is heavily overshadowed by more relevant Fire Emblem characters these days. Namely Alm, Celica, Edgarde, the Heroes OC's, etc.

And like Algui said, there's Black Knight because people think he has a shot as an Ike echo.

Despite that, she still has support. Even if it's not big enough.
It makes sense; Micaiah only would be considered relevant if she gets a remake or something like that in the future.

I'll try to make it big enough eventually :happysheep:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Long time no see everyone

With the Black Knight apparently being removed from Castle Seige, a decent amount of Mii costumes being playable, and Chrome being counted as Roys echo.

I think that he has a real shot.

That being said, Micaiah being announced with him in her own reveal trailer would make plenty of sense

I saw a poll with her as the most wanted Fire Emblem character, that along with the idea that the game had been finalized in 2015 and they are going off the balot, she has a higher chance as a fire emblem rep than people think.

If anyone else gets in along with the Black Knight from Ike's era, I'll be stunned if it isn't Micaiah.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What? Black Knight removed from Castle Siege? Since when was he even part of that stage....?

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
I support this girl! She could be great for team battles if anyone in your team gets massive damage but someone who plays as her can heal you. :)

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
What? Black Knight removed from Castle Siege? Since when was he even part of that stage....?
I believe since Brawl. He, or what appears to be him is in the background in the very back when you are inside the castle.

The Knight in the very back has been altered a ton I've read, leading people to believe he has a chance.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I stand by my prediction in that if she's in, she will be a Zelda echo, with Black Knight subbing in for the Phantom.

Troykv

Smash Master
Long time no see everyone

With the Black Knight apparently being removed from Castle Seige, a decent amount of Mii costumes being playable, and Chrome being counted as Roys echo.

I think that he has a real shot.

That being said, Micaiah being announced with him in her own reveal trailer would make plenty of sense

I saw a poll with her as the most wanted Fire Emblem character, that along with the idea that the game had been finalized in 2015 and they are going off the balot, she has a higher chance as a fire emblem rep than people think.

If anyone else gets in along with the Black Knight from Ike's era, I'll be stunned if it isn't Micaiah.
Oh! It's our former OP! Welcome again LTMC.

That was something I had read about some time ago; but I had forgotten to mention before xD.

There was a Black Knight-look a like in Castle Siege (isn't identical, of course, for the ambiguous nature of that stage)

I wonder what kind of function it would have Black Knight if he actually appears in the game.

I support this girl! She could be great for team battles if anyone in your team gets massive damage but someone who plays as her can heal you. :)
Hello Russell! Micaiah it would offer many interesting ideas that would gives us new ways to explore the battlefield

Welcome to the club!

I stand by my prediction in that if she's in, she will be a Zelda echo, with Black Knight subbing in for the Phantom.
That reminds me of a picture...

D

Deleted member

I mean if we're talking a pure mage character Micaiah is certainly one of the most notable options. Mainly because she ended up being a main character in a Fire Emblem game that fills the lord role. But on the darker side (heh) of things, I hear that later on in that same game she was drastically overshadowed by Ike. And apparently she doesn't rank very high in the list of popular Fire Emblem characters. You can color me surprised about that one.

In any case, a Light Element based character like Micaiah would certainly be fun to play as in my opinion. Sure Palutena covers that niche already, but, Micaiah would do it better :p

Consider me a supporter.

Troykv

Smash Master
I mean if we're talking a pure mage character Micaiah is certainly one of the most notable options. Mainly because she ended up being a main character in a Fire Emblem game that fills the lord role. But on the darker side (heh) of things, I hear that later on in that same game she was drastically overshadowed by Ike. And apparently she doesn't rank very high in the list of popular Fire Emblem characters. You can color me surprised about that one.

In any case, a Light Element based character like Micaiah would certainly be fun to play as in my opinion. Sure Palutena covers that niche already, but, Micaiah would do it better :p

Consider me a supporter.
Well; she is definitely recognizable and one of the most beloved characters in the franchises; but this pretty much fits with most of the Lords (except the Jugdrall ones) XD. She also used to be controversial for some stuff in RD.

Her popularity is a bit volatile depending where you ask for that reason.

But in anyway I'm happy to see new people coming to the topic :D

Welcome psb123

Icelerate

Smash Apprentice
Hello, fellow Micaiah fans! I have finally created an account on this site. I primarily post in Serenes Forest, Fire Emblem Sub Reddit and FEH Sub Reddit.

About a year ago, I started reading Troykv's posts about why Micaiah should be in Smash and I'm now sold on the idea. BTW, earlier this year, I did a massive write up on Micaiah's character. Please check it out.

Troykv

Smash Master
Hello, fellow Micaiah fans! I have finally created an account on this site. I primarily post in Serenes Forest, Fire Emblem Sub Reddit and FEH Sub Reddit.

About a year ago, I started reading Troykv's posts about why Micaiah should be in Smash and I'm now sold on the idea. BTW, earlier this year, I did a massive write up on Micaiah's character. Please check it out.
Hello Icelerate.

I didn't expect you would actually come to Smash Boards; but I'm happy to see you here :D

Icelerate

Smash Apprentice
Hello Icelerate.

I didn't expect you would actually come to Smash Boards; but I'm happy to see you here :D
Well the more I read this thread along with your posts, the more hyped I get about the possibility, regardless of its likelihood. I think this thread needs more activity and what better way to add activity than to talk about her character in this very thread? Also, I would like feedback on my analysis threads and see if people are willing to provide some. This way I can improve future threads, some of which will be Micaiah centric.

Also, this recent Heroes poll on the FE Subreddit excited me at the prospects of people liking Micaiah's character. Look at how high she's rated. Sure this is a rating of a unit but considering how it's the popular characters at the top, a lot of it is probably influenced by how well liked Micaiah is in the fandom. Also, I expect there to be Micaiah haters to give her a big fat zero which would drive her rating down but despite there being a small but vocal minority of Micaiah haters, their votes had little significance which means Micaiah is probably liked far more than hated on. This means if she were announced for Smash, Micaiah haters won't be able to spoil the excitement. The people tired of FE in Smash are more likely to spoil the fun but even then, a nonsword user will be welcomed by the vast majority of the fandom IMO.

Troykv

Smash Master
Well the more I read this thread along with your posts, the more hyped I get about the possibility, regardless of its likelihood. I think this thread needs more activity and what better way to add activity than to talk about her character in this very thread? Also, I would like feedback on my analysis threads and see if people are willing to provide some. This way I can improve future threads, some of which will be Micaiah centric.

Also, this recent Heroes poll on the FE Subreddit excited me at the prospects of people liking Micaiah's character. Look at how high she's rated. Sure this is a rating of a unit but considering how it's the popular characters at the top, a lot of it is probably influenced by how well liked Micaiah is in the fandom. Also, I expect there to be Micaiah haters to give her a big fat zero which would drive her rating down but despite there being a small but vocal minority of Micaiah haters, their votes had little significance which means Micaiah is probably liked far more than hated on. This means if she were announced for Smash, Micaiah haters won't be able to spoil the excitement. The people tired of FE in Smash are more likely to spoil the fun but even then, a nonsword user will be welcomed by the vast majority of the fandom IMO.
It's a bit hard to get activity here because people are focusing more in the likely choices with leaks/rumours behind them; but I'm sure there are people interested in posting here anyway; just gives them time :D

Oh wow; I didn't see that poll before; and yeah; it's quite surprising to see how Micaiah is so high despite she don't be overall one of the most powerful options in the game (and is usually though, that she is in the middle popularity-wise compared with other Main Characters)

Icelerate

Smash Apprentice
It's a bit hard to get activity here because people are focusing more in the likely choices with leaks/rumours behind them; but I'm sure there are people interested in posting here anyway; just gives them time :D

Oh wow; I didn't see that poll before; and yeah; it's quite surprising to see how Micaiah is so high despite she don't be overall one of the most powerful options in the game (and is usually though, that she is in the middle popularity-wise compared with other Main Characters)
Okay please add me to the list of supporters.

The OP said the poll reflects how much you like the character as opposed to how powerful they are. Of course how well you like a unit is influenced by how powerful they are but that's not the only factor.

There's also the fact that on the most recent banner, Micaiah was the most wanted by far. She was much more hyped than two Fates royals. Furthermore, even the beloved Elincia didn't have as much support despite people agreeing she's a great character and appears in the more beloved PoR as well while Micaiah only appears in RD.

Hopefully, we can rally Micaiah to win CYL3 when the time comes.

Icelerate

Smash Apprentice
So there's a chance that Micaiah might be the legendary hero. If that's the case, it's almost certainly going to be in her Light Priestess outfit. What should her title be? She's already been known as Priestess of Dawn in her OG version. They could call her Voice of the Goddess or Yune's Apostle. Or what about Queen of Daein.

What would you prefer?

I would like her to be called Queen of Daein because that's something she earned after a lot of hard work and struggle whereas being the Apostle is something that would have happened without her doing anything. Legendary heroes are supposed to be legends because of their accomplishments and being the Queen of Daein is a bigger accomplishment then being born to be an Apostle.

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
So there's a chance that Micaiah might be the legendary hero. If that's the case, it's almost certainly going to be in her Light Priestess outfit. What should her title be? She's already been known as Priestess of Dawn in her OG version. They could call her Voice of the Goddess or Yune's Apostle. Or what about Queen of Daein.

What would you prefer?

I would like her to be called Queen of Daein because that's something she earned after a lot of hard work and struggle whereas being the Apostle is something that would have happened without her doing anything. Legendary heroes are supposed to be legends because of their accomplishments and being the Queen of Daein is a bigger accomplishment then being born to be an Apostle.
I really love the title Queen of Daein. Now if only Part 4 recognized Micaiah's struggle and hard work to restore the crumbling nation of Daein.

Speaking of her being Queen, do you think Micaiah would step down after many years or rule til death? I think after ushering in the new era of peace among Beroc with Elincia and Sanaki and after Sothe's passing she would like to spend her remaining years travelling the continent and spending time with the people as she once did after Ashnard's reign.

I wonder how the public would feel about her being a Branded? I also wonder who would question her authority. She made it from bottom all the way to the top and she overthrew Begnion tyranny in her country. She has no royal ties to Daein (I mean who does though Ashnard took out the royal family), but rather is a royal of Begnion, the same people who had oppressed Deain for 3 years.

Also, I intentionally stated that she only relieved tensions between Beroc and not the Laguz, because theres no way she can defeat racism in her time of ruling. The ending of the game shows Beroc and Laguz celebrating after the war, but this seems kinda like the real world celebration that was held during Christmas during WW2. I'm certain many people still held their prejudices against the Laguz.

The politics in Radiant Dawn are just so interesting I really do get goose bumps whenever I think about it. Gosh I really do hope she's in Smash.

More Radiant Dawn talk: If RD does get a remake, what would you change about part one or rather the Dawn Brigade chapters? I honestly think its near perfect. The difficulty really matches the circumstances the Dawn Brigade are in and all the maps are well designed. All of the Greil Mercenaries maps feel like such a walk in the park compared to DB's.

Support conversations would be a great bonus, but I feel like the conversations before chapters did a good job exploring some of the characters. I do also head canon generic supports to be written for certain characters like the ones between Edward and Leonardo. I mean Leonardo saves Edwards life, who else would it be intended for?

Just a note: I really love the Smash Boards community as I feel its a lot less toxic than Serenes Forest and Reddit. I really love the discussions we have here and how each character thread expands to become so much more than the reasoning why a certain character should be in Smash. Here's hoping Micaiah actually makes it in somehow. If not, I wholeheartedly support Edlegard for DLC, our new silver haired female lord who is already challenging oppressive regimes.

Icelerate

Smash Apprentice
I really love the title Queen of Daein. Now if only Part 4 recognized Micaiah's struggle and hard work to restore the crumbling nation of Daein.
Speaking of her being Queen, do you think Micaiah would step down after many years or rule til death? I think after ushering in the new era of peace among Beroc with Elincia and Sanaki and after Sothe's passing she would like to spend her remaining years travelling the continent and spending time with the people as she once did after Ashnard's reign.
I think she would retire once a suitable successor is found and she's too old. I wonder what her life style would be like as the Queen. I think she wouldn't keep many luxuries even though she can afford to. She is a simple humble girl without personal desires after all and would rather help others instead.

Micaiah:
“Oh, Edward, it’s not that bad! The forest is so beautiful and serene. I’d almost rather be out here. Right, Yune?”

Micaiah: Sothe, 10,000 is plenty. We just need enough money to live on. More than that, and the soul becomes impoverished.

Micaiah: Your Majesty. My room in the castle is much to lavish for my taste.
I'd rather be in town helping with the reconstruction. It's good work, and
it makes me happy to help our people.

If only RD ending gave a glimpse of how Micaiah's rule would be like, that would be nice to see. I know it's stated it was nice but show don't tell.

I wonder how the public would feel about her being a Branded? I also wonder who would question her authority. She made it from bottom all the way to the top and she overthrew Begnion tyranny in her country. She has no royal ties to Daein (I mean who does though Ashnard took out the royal family), but rather is a royal of Begnion, the same people who had oppressed Deain for 3 years.
I think they would come to except that the branded aren't horrible people because their very own hero was a branded. I don't think Micaiah would announce how she's the true Apostle and heir to the Begnion throne due to humility. It would be a closely guarded secret between her, Sothe and Sanaki most likely.
Also, I intentionally stated that she only relieved tensions between Beroc and not the Laguz, because theres no way she can defeat racism in her time of ruling. The ending of the game shows Beroc and Laguz celebrating after the war, but this seems kinda like the real world celebration that was held during Christmas during WW2. I'm certain many people still held their prejudices against the Laguz.
I think Ashera's judgement is something that caused both sides to realize how they were punished with divine punishment for their racism so Ashera may be the true hero of the story, ironically. She probably did more to curtail racism than anyone else tbh.
The politics in Radiant Dawn are just so interesting I really do get goose bumps whenever I think about it. Gosh I really do hope she's in Smash.
I liked how each of the countries, both beorc and laguz were fleshed out and all had different policies and culture. Compare that to Heroes, for example, where the only difference between Askr and Nifl is that one is ice and one is not.
More Radiant Dawn talk: If RD does get a remake, what would you change about part one or rather the Dawn Brigade chapters? I honestly think its near perfect. The difficulty really matches the circumstances the Dawn Brigade are in and all the maps are well designed. All of the Greil Mercenaries maps feel like such a walk in the park compared to DB's.
That's interesting how you talk about part one in particular. I liked it a lot but I think it was a bit rushed and had potential to be much better. There were times where the Daein army was victorious but this was shown only on the world map and through narration. Part one doesn't have many villains of substance barring Jarod and I believe that's due to part one being rushed. Seeing more of Micaiah's exploits in the liberation of Daein would be nice. I think part one has the best map design in the series for a variety of reasons. These including objective variety, aesthetics, unit composition, difficulty, etc. If part one had even more maps, they'd be quite fun because there's a lot you can do with a force fighting a guerrilla war when it comes to map objectives.
Support conversations would be a great bonus, but I feel like the conversations before chapters did a good job exploring some of the characters. I do also head canon generic supports to be written for certain characters like the ones between Edward and Leonardo. I mean Leonardo saves Edwards life, who else would it be intended for?
There is a custom fanmade support made by King Bahamut between Ike and Micaiah that I loved. Although I like base conversations better, there were less base conversations than support dialogue in other games which meant some of the less plot relevant characters got the short end of the stick such as the Dawn Brigade.
Just a note: I really love the Smash Boards community as I feel its a lot less toxic than Serenes Forest and Reddit. I really love the discussions we have here and how each character thread expands to become so much more than the reasoning why a certain character should be in Smash. Here's hoping Micaiah actually makes it in somehow. If not, I wholeheartedly support Edlegard for DLC, our new silver haired female lord who is already challenging oppressive regimes.
I thought there is toxicity on SB because of people getting mad at FE over representation. Honestly not too concerned about representation and would love Micaiah in Smash. But I think SF and Reddit are pretty tame compared to GameFaqs. The vitriol that forums used to throw on Micaiah was pretty bad but it seemed to have improved ever since Micaiah was put into Heroes. Go figure.

Speaking of Edelgard, I think she has potential to be a very interesting character. She seems like a character who has her own philosophy which is at odds with the mainstream views making her an intriguing character.

Troykv

Smash Master
Okay please add me to the list of supporters.

The OP said the poll reflects how much you like the character as opposed to how powerful they are. Of course how well you like a unit is influenced by how powerful they are but that's not the only factor.

There's also the fact that on the most recent banner, Micaiah was the most wanted by far. She was much more hyped than two Fates royals. Furthermore, even the beloved Elincia didn't have as much support despite people agreeing she's a great character and appears in the more beloved PoR as well while Micaiah only appears in RD.

Hopefully, we can rally Micaiah to win CYL3 when the time comes.
And it's done!

Oh! So that is actually great :3

I don't find very surprising she ended up overshadowing Elincia; but the rest is... well... a bit more complicated xD

We can win! We feel great! We can do it!

What would you prefer?

Well; looks like in the end we'll need to wait a bit more to see Legendary Micaiah... But I agree I would like to see using a title more of her own legacy.

I support. I'm all up for her inclusion...
Welcome to the group Smashing Ramen! We're always hoping for the best!

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
I'm skeptical it will ever happen, but I support more FE mages in Smash under any circumstances! Sign me up as a supporter.

I love how FEH is keeping the older FE characters relevant. Can't wait for Legendary Micaiah (...why did Tiki get to be Legendary first?)

Icelerate

Smash Apprentice
And it's done!

Oh! So that is actually great :3

I don't find very surprising she ended up overshadowing Elincia; but the rest is... well... a bit more complicated xD

We can win! We feel great! We can do it!
The way some people talk about Elincia, at times it feels like she's more popular. People seem to be getting tired of the Fates Royals even though their inclusion was thematically fitting in the banner.

Well; looks like in the end we'll need to wait a bit more to see Legendary Micaiah... But I agree I would like to see using a title more of her own legacy.
Don't know when Micaiah will be legendary at this point, but I'm pretty sure she'll be one of the first 16 due to being the best candidate to provide a res boost and being a mage when there aren't many legendary characters or potentially legendary characters that use tomes.

So what units are you going to be summoning on in the banner and how is your orb supply coming along? I have 252 orbs and will wait a bit until GC is finished along with completing the LHB before starting my summoning session. I'm going for all colours except grey. Would like attack/speed bond for Lucina via B!Tharja. Karla provides even speed wave to Nino or I could use Karla instead if she's a good IV. L!Ike is good for merges or warding breath fodder. Blue is nice because of Tiki or bold fighter for Zelgius and Micaiah merges. Green has DC fodder for B!Ephraim and steady breath fodder for Zelgius.

I love how FEH is keeping the older FE characters relevant. Can't wait for Legendary Micaiah (...why did Tiki get to be Legendary first?)
If you're interested in L!Micaiah, check out some of my builds for her. She can either be a staff unit or a blue tome unit. Which one would you prefer?

Troykv

Smash Master
The way some people talk about Elincia, at times it feels like she's more popular. People seem to be getting tired of the Fates Royals even though their inclusion was thematically fitting in the banner.

Don't know when Micaiah will be legendary at this point, but I'm pretty sure she'll be one of the first 16 due to being the best candidate to provide a res boost and being a mage when there aren't many legendary characters or potentially legendary characters that use tomes.

So what units are you going to be summoning on in the banner and how is your orb supply coming along? I have 252 orbs and will wait a bit until GC is finished along with completing the LHB before starting my summoning session. I'm going for all colours except grey. Would like attack/speed bond for Lucina via B!Tharja. Karla provides even speed wave to Nino or I could use Karla instead if she's a good IV. L!Ike is good for merges or warding breath fodder. Blue is nice because of Tiki or bold fighter for Zelgius and Micaiah merges. Green has DC fodder for B!Ephraim and steady breath fodder for Zelgius.

If you're interested in L!Micaiah, check out some of my builds for her. She can either be a staff unit or a blue tome unit. Which one would you prefer?
Elincia is the kind of character I'm not sure how popular actually is thanks to having some very vocal fans xD.

We're arriving to the twelfth Legendary Hero in October; we have 5 character left before the IS decides whatever they want to do with the legendary heroes after completing the sixteen combinations... And really; the only obvious choice for a character we have left is Roy (popularity-wise at least)... every else... who knows; the only think I'm sure about Micaiah is that she would be made to fit any Element depending of how is she is focused in her design... So we'll see.

I tried to get pretty much any of the blue ones; the rest were bonuses.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198

Of those two, I'd prefer the Staff version. Though I think there's room for much stranger ideas. Like... she posed as a Spirit Channeler for a while, so there's room for her to be a Dark Mage (Red Tome) in there, too. I think she even had this form in her FE13 DLC? Or if you straight-up make her a Yune avatar, you could make her a Blue Tome Flying unit. (That would be an interesting foil to Legendary Robin/Grima!)

Icelerate

Smash Apprentice
Elincia is the kind of character I'm not sure how popular actually is thanks to having some very vocal fans xD.

We're arriving to the twelfth Legendary Hero in October; we have 5 character left before the IS decides whatever they want to do with the legendary heroes after completing the sixteen combinations... And really; the only obvious choice for a character we have left is Roy (popularity-wise at least)... every else... who knows; the only think I'm sure about Micaiah is that she would be made to fit any Element depending of how is she is focused in her design... So we'll see.

I tried to get pretty much any of the blue ones; the rest were bonuses.
Like Eliwood.

What do you mean by 'focused in her design'?

Of those two, I'd prefer the Staff version. Though I think there's room for much stranger ideas. Like... she posed as a Spirit Channeler for a while, so there's room for her to be a Dark Mage (Red Tome) in there, too. I think she even had this form in her FE13 DLC? Or if you straight-up make her a Yune avatar, you could make her a Blue Tome Flying unit. (That would be an interesting foil to Legendary Robin/Grima!)
Micaiah was a fortune teller, not a spirit channeler. Unless I overlooked something. She already has a red tome alt so I hope we get a green or colourless version. Yune is associated with chaos and freedom so making her a green/wind legendary hero aka green tome flying unit would work.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
I was under the impression that Fortune Teller and Spirit Channeler were basically the same thing in this context. She was posing to hide her Brand, which apparently look like the marks that Spirit Channelers have. Same as Soren, I assumed?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
How about scaling their levels after so that they don't require so much effort to be usable later? I can hardly enjoy the game on anything other than the lowest difficulty because that's the only one that leaves you some room to experiment. I really like the story and characters the way they are but ugh, is the game ever unbalanced...

That aside Radiant Dawn is the Fire Emblem game me and my sister worked hard through so it has a special place in my heart for that, even if I'm not so fond of the series nowadays (combination of lacking time to really delve into them and not being particularly good at turn-based strategy). Micaiah would be great, and she and Tiki are probably the only chances to break the cycle of Smash Fire Emblem hatred... if only for a time.

Troykv

Smash Master
Like Eliwood.

What do you mean by 'focused in her design'?

Micaiah was a fortune teller, not a spirit channeler. Unless I overlooked something. She already has a red tome alt so I hope we get a green or colourless version. Yune is associated with chaos and freedom so making her a green/wind legendary hero aka green tome flying unit would work.
Well... While Micaiah herself would fit any Element except Fire... Yune would fit both Fire and Earth xD.

She is a fortune teller; but she kind of looks like a spirit channeler if you don't know what exactly is her brand...

I was under the impression that Fortune Teller and Spirit Channeler were basically the same thing in this context. She was posing to hide her Brand, which apparently look like the marks that Spirit Channelers have. Same as Soren, I assumed?
And yeah; it's the same kind of brand Soren has (one from mixed bloodline); just with a different origin.

BTW; do you want to appear in the Supporters List?

How about scaling their levels after so that they don't require so much effort to be usable later? I can hardly enjoy the game on anything other than the lowest difficulty because that's the only one that leaves you some room to experiment. I really like the story and characters the way they are but ugh, is the game ever unbalanced...

That aside Radiant Dawn is the Fire Emblem game me and my sister worked hard through so it has a special place in my heart for that, even if I'm not so fond of the series nowadays (combination of lacking time to really delve into them and not being particularly good at turn-based strategy). Micaiah would be great, and she and Tiki are probably the only chances to break the cycle of Smash Fire Emblem hatred... if only for a time.
Welcome meleebrawler; I personally only think FE RD is a bit dumb in maniac mode, the Normal Hard Mode is actually quite challenging without feeling ridiculous; but it can be overwhelming if you don't exploit your tools; so I can understand it's hard to experiment in modes above Normal Easy.

I'm happy to see more people around here to support Micaiah to end this cycle of Sword Lords and hate :D

Do you want to join the support list?

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
If I could have two new Fire Emblem characters of my choice to be in Smash, they would be Micaiah and Celica. If I could only choose one, it would be Celica. Does that qualify me as loyal enough for being a "supporter"?

Top 5 FE wants in Smash, for fun:
1. Celica (well-developed character, first playable female protagonist in the franchise, and one of the first for Nintendo overall, cool self-draining magic skillset)
2. Micaiah (healing and light-magic focused skillset, Yune possession would be a cool Final Smash, face of the game with the best story in the franchise)
3. Hector (magic and character development and representation are great, but it's hard to argue with an Axe To The Face.)
4. Ephraim (Great hair, Great Lance.)
5. Tsubasa Oribe (Pegasus Knight representation, Lance representation, TMS representation, WiiU representation... basically just checking boxes and being cute.)

What number is Micaiah on everyone else's "FE wants" list?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
If I could have two new Fire Emblem characters of my choice to be in Smash, they would be Micaiah and Celica. If I could only choose one, it would be Celica. Does that qualify me as loyal enough for being a "supporter"?

1. Celica (well-developed character, first playable female protagonist in the franchise, and one of the first for Nintendo overall, cool self-draining magic skillset)
2. Micaiah (healing and light-magic focused skillset, Yune possession would be a cool Final Smash, face of the game with the best story in the franchise)
3. Hector (magic and character development and representation are great, but it's hard to argue with an Axe To The Face.)
5. Tsubasa Oribe (Pegasus Knight representation, Lance representation, TMS representation, WiiU representation... basically just checking boxes and being cute.)

Uh, being possessed by Yune doesn't seem to make Micaiah herself stronger. I think it'd be cooler to have it Robin-style with Sothe helping out.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
True, we don't see Yune giving much of a boost to Micaiah in terms of power. I mean, presumably Yune's blessing is a power boost of some stripe, at least, though?

It was just a passing thought that seemed 'cool' to me.

Troykv

Smash Master

Well; outside of TLMC, Icelerate and me; everyone else I can remember has some other character as their most wanted... So yeah; I think it counts :3

Uh, being possessed by Yune doesn't seem to make Micaiah herself stronger. I think it'd be cooler to have it Robin-style with Sothe helping out.
True, we don't see Yune giving much of a boost to Micaiah in terms of power. I mean, presumably Yune's blessing is a power boost of some stripe, at least, though?

It was just a passing thought that seemed 'cool' to me.
Well; Yune can give power-ups (she is the origin of Ike´s, Sothe's and Micaiah's promotions; and the blessed weapons; in Normal Easy Mode the Blessed Weapons are also buffed xD)

It just for some reason she never decided to give a selfish buff as soon as she can (instead waiting until being near the Tower... Chaotic Goddesses act in strange ways).

Last edited:
Top Bottom