• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Preservation | Toronto, Ontario | December 4th 2010 | LIVESTREAM IS UP!

Patches

Smash Master
For top 10 predictions, I really don't know how to call it. Some top placers from the last tournament aren't going. (Doc, JL, not sure if Ambrose is?)

Here's my guess.

1. Ally
2. Holy
3. Joe
4. Tin/Raidos
5. Tin/Radios
6. Brose?
7. Iliad
8 - 10: Hmm. :S

Hopefully I'll be somewhere in the 8 - 10. I can only hope.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
For top 10 predictions, I really don't know how to call it. Some top placers from the last tournament aren't going. (Doc, JL, not sure if Ambrose is?)

Here's my guess.
0. Supreme Dirt
1. Supreme Dirt
2. Ally
3. Holy
4. Supreme Dirt
5. Joe
6. Tin/Raidos
7. Tin/Radios
8. Brose?
9. Iliad
10. Supreme Dirt

Hopefully I'll be somewhere in the 8 - 10. I can only hope.
Fix'd. That's right, gonna place first, fourth AND tenth.

*edit* Also decided I'm going to place 0th.

Shoun Aiako

Smash Apprentice
You guys obviously fail at being psychics, because your predictions are totally incorrect. My prediction for the tournament is simply this... I will be the one who shall be victorious - not because I am arrogant, but because I KNOW my own self and potential.

I'll let you guys in on a little secret. Do you know what made Ken Hoang so successful? He had enough brains in his head to know that Marth is the greatest, most well balanced, character in the entirety of SMASH. Anyone who truly has mastered the art of the Prince of Altea like Ken, will be on top. Snake, D3, Ike, Link, Zelda, Ness, Lucario, Metaknight, whoever, you name it, ISN'T Champion Material.

Do you know what makes me so confident in my abilities? It is simple - I mastered Marth's sword, from timing, to predicting, to mind games. I know when to attack, when not to attack, when to dodge, when shield break, when to risk going off the ledge after my opponent - I am very comfortable with the physics and the metagame itself - it feels natural to me, and I work amazing under pressure. Actually, the more pressure in a tournament, the harder I play and the more I think. Intimidating me will only sky rocket my power level.

Just a word of advice, don't use Ike against me at the tournament. I eat Ike's for breakfast. :)

Patches

Smash Master
This Shoun guy makes me chuckle like a little school girl.

On topic, Gi. Do you need me to bring my laptop for the stream again?

Patches

Smash Master
I think the troll is fleeing. Have we defeated the almighty Shoun?

Edit: Alright. I shall bring it. I'll just get Neko to reinstall the ****. I had to reformat my computer a couple weeks back.

Shoun Aiako

Smash Apprentice
Well, I decided seeing how I'm unable to make the Ontario tournament on the 4th of Dec, I'll set one up on Prince Edward Island... the last 2 tournaments I won had over 70 people (which I know isn't that much, but for Charlottetown, it was pretty freaking wicked to see how many Smash players existed on the Island)... I won those tournaments through Microplay... but would like to win a EB Games tournament because EB Games is recognized by Game Stop, and more people know about EB Games so I'd imagine more people would show up for it. It's a good way for me to keep warmed up before I make a public example out of the homely people of Ontario. I'll let you guys know how the tournament went. Hopefully someones good enough to bring a camcorder.

Shoun Aiako

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait until Feb 20th. Gonna make Shoun my *****.
Please, we both know you'll be eliminated out of the tournament before we can even get acquainted. Go back to MySims or High School Musical - Smash is too manly for you. ;)

Shoun Aiako

Smash Apprentice
This is just too good to be true. Come December 11, 2010, Shoun Aiako is going to be respected! My rise to fame begins with you Ally. I hope you know what you've just gotten yourself into. There's no way I'm losing in my own home town.

Pragmatic

Smash Journeyman
Ally is clearing trolling, Tin Man.

Also, I can potentially get the Project Melee code from a certain developer.

It'd be orgasmic if we could stream this at the tournament.

And one more thing: moneymatches.

I'll do any matchup.

Gichan

Smash Champion
marik you joining the tournament? and MMs in brawl to? Damn son go for it!

gonna be posting uo MMs fightcard, got the idea from ssfiv. So you got an MM with someone state it please.

Pragmatic

Smash Journeyman
No, I'm not joining. Will be doing plenty of moneymatches though!

And if there's a Project Melee tournament, definitely entering that.

It's up to my opponent really, if they want to proceed with moneymatches. I'll still state them though, sure.

Patches I know already I'm moneymatching, Avarice maybe, and anyone else I forgot.

Any matchup though. And I'll be playing Melee a good chunk of the time, come hit me up!

Top Bottom