• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Preservation | Toronto, Ontario | December 4th 2010 | LIVESTREAM IS UP!

swordgard

Smash Hero
Very courageous statement, AiR, but I don't think you know what you're getting yourself into by challenging me. Just give up, really, you can't win!
Everyone take a step back, this fool believes he can defeat the almighty AiR. It is time to teach this arrogant brat a thing or two about the art of smashing. You definitely do not possess the type of skill it takes to defeat someone as powerful as I. I thus provoke you in a duel, where the loser(you) shall give the winner(me) a sum of up to 50 dollars, per choice by you. If you decline, then I shall no other option than to declare you sir a coward and a ruffian.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Best to get this out there while everyone's looking :p

NEW RULE REMINDERS!

Opponents start the stage striking procedure in a 1-1-1-2-2-2-2-1 fashion**

**If there is a dispute, the striking order will be decided with the G&W hammer rule

G&W hammer rule: Both Parties will select 1 representative to compete in a 1v1 G&W Ditto. The stage does not matter. Once a stage is selected, and the game has begun, both G&W's must use their hammers. The player who results in the higher number from G&W's hammer gets to decide their team or individual color 1st as well as whether they would like port priority or whether they would like to choose the stage striking order. In the event of a tie, the players must use the hammer again until the tie is resolved. The losing party receives the benefit the winning party didn't want. In 1v1, the person who obtained the privilege of port priority will choose their ports 1st. In a 2v2, the party with port priority will have 1 member pick a port 1st and the 2nd member pick a port after both members of the other party have selected their ports.

Amateur Bracket

The Amateur bracket is a bracket for players who were not successful enough in pools to make the Pro bracket. This event allows players to continue their tournament experience even after they have been eliminated from pools. The requirements to enter the Amateur bracket are as follows:

1. You must be eliminated from pools, therefore not qualifying for the Pro bracket
2. You Must pay a $5 entry fee that will go towards the Amateur bracket pot.

The Payout of the Amateur bracket will be 60/30/10.

And now back to your feature presentation :bee:

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
project melee would be really fun =]

oh **** i forgot if anyone can give me and tintin a ride that would be nice also =]

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Or ally, maybe Gi should do it. Since Gi is running the tournament, not tinman? Or did everyone forget that?
Ugh I always get confused who is running this.

But yeah get votes, its better than just putting a side event that no one will prob like

Mid tiers, Low tiers, Amateur brackets are my suggestions

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
i think P:M should be up for vote too, way better then - and + IMO and mid/low tiers is just time fillers

the Am bracket would be cool if we get good attendance

-Culex

Smash Apprentice
If I show up Ally, I demand a CF ditto mm :). Haven't brawled tournament style in 8 months.

Bo5:

Whoever wins the CF ditto mm=10$
Winning with a Knee of Justice Last KO/Last fight=15$
Knee Of God= Win the 1st/2nd/3rd place pot XD

Deal?

Tom8er

Smash Apprentice
Hey will there be a live stream for this? Since i found out theres other smashers where i live I might actually get back into playing competitive (not online :3). I'd love to watch this instead of studying for finals. Hopefully i make it out to a tourney eventually.

Tom8er

Smash Apprentice
That would be great. I needa start practicing so when I do makeit for a tourney im not always 3 stocked (although im sure that wouldn't happen im not a complete scrub). Shoun we should convene over the winter holidays so I can face the "god of smash" lol.

Gichan

Smash Champion
no guys, let me clear this up. ANY TOURNAMENT BY GTA SMASH CO. is a collaborative effort between Tin Man and I seeing as he does a lot of support anyways.

Tin Man proposed the Amateur Bracket and I think it is a great idea seeing as there will be players who get owned from pools and waah the rest of the night. This way they get to play players at their own level and hopefully improve a little more there rather than getting their *** served.

I wanna see how it works out so no low tiers and ****. I wanted Project Melee at the last one but no one had it, i wouldn't mind having it at this tourney but it would be a close call to have it done.

Zef you better place higher.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
no guys, let me clear this up. ANY TOURNAMENT BY GTA SMASH CO. is a collaborative effort between Tin Man and I seeing as he does a lot of support anyways.

Tin Man proposed the Amateur Bracket and I think it is a great idea seeing as there will be players who get owned from pools and waah the rest of the night. This way they get to play players at their own level and hopefully improve a little more there rather than getting their *** served.

I wanna see how it works out so no low tiers and ****. I wanted Project Melee at the last one but no one had it, i wouldn't mind having it at this tourney but it would be a close call to have it done.

Zef you better place higher.
Ok tinman.

-Culex

Smash Apprentice
Winning last match with a Holy Trinity=20$

Knee Of God is getting Kneed off the wall at high percent and getting in the right or left side blast zone. If one techs it, you get 1st/2nd/3rd place pot lol.

-Googs

Smash Lord
I posted proposal to you illiad in the tourney in feb's thread, I know it's early but I just get so eager :3

Im sayin
1.Ally
2.Holy
3.T.O Joe
4.Doc/Kingace (are they going?)
5.???
6.Tin
7.Mprime/Iliad?

Just my predictions :)

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Or ally, maybe Gi should do it. Since Gi is running the tournament, not tinman? Or did everyone forget that?
So yeah, Gi already explained this one.

project melee would be really fun =]

oh **** i forgot if anyone can give me and tintin a ride that would be nice also =]
Yay, you have internet again =]

Hey will there be a live stream for this? Since i found out theres other smashers where i live I might actually get back into playing competitive (not online :3). I'd love to watch this instead of studying for finals. Hopefully i make it out to a tourney eventually.
the stream flopped last time, but i think they're gonna get one up this time.
Last time, we had the live stream setup and everything (and it caught one of the finer sets of the tourney, if you'd like to see the recordings) but unfortunately, the venue owner was also watching some street fighter stream or something, and they were watching it before we had the chance to set up our stream. Therefore, Our stream got the short end of the stick and couldn't run on the internet for long :(. We will try once again to implement a stream, and the OP will be updated accordingly to show the link to the stream. We'll try our best :bee:

Winning last match with a Holy Trinity=20$

Knee Of God is getting Kneed off the wall at high percent and getting in the right or left side blast zone. If one techs it, you get 1st/2nd/3rd place pot lol.
I need to see a vid =/

Culex taking over pot control from Tin and Gi. LIKE A BOSS.

PS. I'm stoked for this tourney. Hammer got dis yo.

I posted proposal to you illiad in the tourney in feb's thread, I know it's early but I just get so eager :3

Im sayin
1.Ally
2.Holy
3.T.O Joe
4.Doc/Kingace (are they going?)
5.???
6.Tin
7.Mprime/Iliad?

Just my predictions :)
Doc, J.L., and SRTM (current PR members) are 100% not going to be at this. Anyone from Missisauga (King Ace, Shifu, Hype, etc) are currently inactive.

my prediction
1)shoun
2) everyone forefits
:joyful:

Top Bottom