• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Preservation | Toronto, Ontario | December 4th 2010 | LIVESTREAM IS UP!

Iliad

Smash Lord
okay aside from the trolling,
how do pools work, btw?
If you watch/pay any sports, then the best way to explain is it's a round robin, tops get seeded into brackets.

If you don't know what I'm talking about... You play everyone in the pool once in a best 2 of 3 set. Everyone's set counts are tallied and depending on how the TO wishes to push them forward, the top placing people in the pools are seeded into the bracket. Sometimes no one is eliminated for pools, (usually for smaller tournies) and the pools are strictly for determining your seeding into the bracket.

Keep in mind, top seed has it's benefits. For example, in a tournament with 8 pools of 4 people (32 entrants), everyone will go through (more than likely). When placed into the brackets, 1st seeds will fight 4th seeds first. 2nd seeds will fight 3rd seeds first. Also, you won't be playing anyone from your pool in the first round of brackets, that;s not necessarily a guarantee for all tournies, but we try to avoid that as best we can.

So long and short Jabu, you get more matches, a minimum of 3 assuming they're 4 man pools. and a minimum of 5 assuming you make it out of pools and lose your first two matches in brackets. TRY IN POOLS, DON'T SANDBAG. EVER.

billybeegood

Smash Apprentice
Canada doesn't actually have tournaments, I''d bet that it'd be impossible to find enough people to make a 2 team hockey tournament on how spread out people are

like seriously, keep dreaming ontario but your population density is laughable

-Googs

Smash Lord
Canada doesn't actually have tournaments, I''d bet that it'd be impossible to find enough people to make a 2 team hockey tournament on how spread out people are

like seriously, keep dreaming ontario but your population density is laughable
Hey billy, **** You.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
pools are also artificially enclosed bodies of water intended for swimming, mostly used for leisure activities or exercise but can also be used for things like astronaut training

billybeegood

Smash Apprentice
pools are also artificially enclosed bodies of water intended for swimming, mostly used for leisure activities or exercise but can also be used for things like astronaut training
I have to disagree.
You see, pools were orginally made to clean cattle and it is simply impossible for one with such intent to change uses over such a short course of 2000 years
you people have the lowest amount of common sense on smashboards, srsly

Tom8er

Smash Apprentice
HI NOVA SCOTIA, hey pei dude im from pei wanna get ***** by me so i can prove im gonna be the new smash king ;)

Shoun Aiako

Smash Apprentice
Pfft, what a sad lot, truly...

After I take out Ontario, I'll invite all of you to kiss the Mari-time's ***. :)

Canada needs a Champion that can hold up to his name. Canada needs someone like me, actually, it has to be me. Only I can meet up to its cruel expectancy and reputation. To think, a bunch of silly amateurs... no-names... think they can take on someone as experienced and powerful as me? I'm ashamed at what the Smash Community has become, a place of ignorant thieves!

Read my lips, Ontario... the New King of Smash comes from the only place in Canada no Smasher around the world would have ever expected. Out of the smallest province in the world, a King has been birthed, and that King is none other than... me.

Now train for this tournament like you never did before. You will need all the practice you can get, because NOTHING is stopping me from taking out Ontario. The beginning of my reign begins with you.

*Walks away*

Tom8er

Smash Apprentice
dude lol are u driving to the tourney i might be interested in going to it as well. I could help pay for **** hah.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Pfft, what a sad lot, truly...

After I take out Ontario, I'll invite all of you to kiss the Mari-time's ***. :)

Canada needs a Champion that can hold up to his name. Canada needs someone like me, actually, it has to be me. Only I can meet up to its cruel expectancy and reputation. To think, a bunch of silly amateurs... no-names... think they can take on someone as experienced and powerful as me? I'm ashamed at what the Smash Community has become, a place of ignorant thieves!

Read my lips, Ontario... the New King of Smash comes from the only place in Canada no Smasher around the world would have ever expected. Out of the smallest province in the world, a King has been birthed, and that King is none other than... me.

Now train for this tournament like you never did before. You will need all the practice you can get, because NOTHING is stopping me from taking out Ontario. The beginning of my reign begins with you.

*Walks away*
Best. Post. Ever.

Shoun Aiako

Smash Apprentice
Tom8er... I'll MM you. :)
I'll let you know when.

And sure, I can see about taking you down to the tournament with me and my friends.
Let me get back to you. Stay active on the Smash Boards, because I'll probably send you a PM with more details.

Tom8er

Smash Apprentice
When is this tourney though cause im currently in NB and I have exams soo I probably can't even go.
*checks date*
**** sakes i have exams till the 15th maybe next time though still though I wanna play against you sometime, you live in C'town or what?

Shoun Aiako

Smash Apprentice
That's right... Charlottetown... have you been to any of the tournaments held by EB Games and Microplay?

swordgard

Smash Hero
That's right... Charlottetown... have you been to any of the tournaments held by EB Games and Microplay?
I know you don't like wifi, but could we please play 1 match? If you are as good as you say, it should be noticeable enough regardless of the lag.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
TRY IN POOLS, DON'T SANDBAG. EVER.
THIS!!! ^

I'm not quite sure what you mean
I was simply stating the fallacies of using an improper term in a professional l scene or at least semi professional scene

I wouldn't use the word pool, I would use the word bucket or, cabinet or even maybe the sorting hat
So Billy, whats a bracket?

Tom8er

Smash Apprentice
Shoun how ofter are those tournies held? I live in summerside so i could easily get there in the summer for them.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I have confirmation this guy is not trolling. Apparently him and his cousin called Ken meh in the past in 2007. They have videos up there of themselves playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9cj1mR05gk&feature=related

You have subpar tech skill, were not a smash legend back then, probably still aren't. Hell you even said youd stop direspecting people at some point. My question is, why do you think you are much better than everybody else in the world, when you clearly do not have nearly as much training as they do, nor know as much about them about the game? What makes you so special Shoun? Don't take this wrong, I am simply trying to save you from the Dunning Kruger effect. Its a *****, I know that better than anyone in here.

Also as far as I know the shadow knights clan is dead. Is it underground now or something?

.decoy

Smash Ace
did you miss my previous post sg?
i quoted all sorts of epic posts made by shoun.
i should have added that they were all completely legit hahaha..

but seriously did you see that shinespike at 0:54?
tell honestly that you could do that. srsly. srsly.

Shoun Aiako

Smash Apprentice
I have confirmation this guy is not trolling. Apparently him and his cousin called Ken meh in the past in 2007. They have videos up there of themselves playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9cj1mR05gk&feature=related

You have subpar tech skill, were not a smash legend back then, probably still aren't. Hell you even said youd stop direspecting people at some point. My question is, why do you think you are much better than everybody else in the world, when you clearly do not have nearly as much training as they do, nor know as much about them about the game? What makes you so special Shoun? Don't take this wrong, I am simply trying to save you from the Dunning Kruger effect. Its a *****, I know that better than anyone in here.

Also as far as I know the shadow knights clan is dead. Is it underground now or something?
Are you some kind of joke? Those matches were recorded in 05, and uploaded in 07. They're almost 6 years old. I am TEN TIMES the Smash Player I was back then. In fact, those matches were recorded about 8 months into my beginning days as a competitive smasher. Meaning, when those videos were recorded for the first time, I only had about 8 months of competitive skill. Just imagine how much I've evolved over the approx 6 years that went by. You be the judge. ;)

swordgard

Smash Hero
Are you some kind of joke? Those matches were recorded in 05, and uploaded in 07. They're almost 6 years old. I am TEN TIMES the Smash Player I was back then. In fact, those matches were recorded about 8 months into my beginning days as a competitive smasher. Meaning, when those videos were recorded for the first time, I only had about 8 months of competitive skill. Just imagine how much I've evolved over the approx 6 years that went by. You be the judge. ;)
Well I mean, I had no way of knowing when it was recorded. My question still stands though. What makes you think you can outplay people that have played at least 10x as many players have you, have played online for a long time, have knowledge about the game you don't possess. I am just saying, statistically speaking, its very negligible, almost impossible.

If there is only one way to get to you then, I guess it will be that way, this will be fun. GTA players should however ignore the following paragraph for their own sake.

You are about to face an opponent like none you ever faced before, better than anyone you have ever seen in any videos. You are definitely going to get outsmashed by me, I may not know your name, soon though... you will know mine. Best powershielder in Canada, you got nothing on me. I land comboes which you cannot escape from because I am always 5 steps ahead. You might try to take me out of the frame, but I will put you to shame for
I
am
AiR

Shoun Aiako

Smash Apprentice
Very courageous statement, AiR, but I don't think you know what you're getting yourself into by challenging me. Just give up, really, you can't win!

Iliad

Smash Lord
Okay, so Shoun, we know you live by the airport guy, so why don't you just fly out to this tourney and take first. Flights within canada aren't that expensive. Especially if you're gonna take first place.

I absolutely need to know you're not just a troll. PLEASE ATTEND THIS TOURNEY.

Top Bottom