• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forum Rules The PokéNav - Greninja Boards Directory [READ BEFORE POSTING]

Spirst

Some general rules:
  • Try to ask around in the Q&A thread before deciding whether a discovery or question is worth a new thread. Often times, the information will already be known and board clutter can be avoided.
  • Additionally, use the search function before making a thread in case the thread isn't listed here.
  • Use common sense when posting. Good etiquette goes a long way.
  • Avoid bumping threads that are over a month old unless it is still very relevant. Old threads are old for a reason.
Connect:

General Thread

Player Finder

Mechanics, Data, Tech:

Frame Data

Notable Greninja Project

What Can Be Ducked Under

Kill Percentages

Patch 1.0.4 Notes

Combo Thread

Water Shuriken Projectile Priority

Tournament Results

Shadow Sneak Hitstun Cancellable Moves

Hitbox Visualization

Gameplay Discussion:

Q&A Thread

Matchup Thread

Information/Advanced Technique Discussion

Video Thread

Custom Moveset Discussion

Hopefully, this reduces board clutter and superfluous threads from popping up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spirst

If only we had prefixes available for character discussion boards. Would make things a lot cleaner.

Character boards used to have prefixes... I remember [Social] and [Guide] but I guess they were disabled in the switch to Xenforo :mad:

Pokenav is infinitely better plus Villager boards are already using Town Map for our player finder thread

Spirst

@ Kofu Kofu @ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans

Even though the PokeNav makes little sense since it isn't in the Kalos region where Greninja is from, I've decided to use it anyway. Hope you tools are happy.

Yeah, but it has to do with Pokemon! :bee:

Kalos is worst region anyway, you're doing yourself a favour

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Pokenav is awesome, but I would've said the PSS to fit with Gen VI.

It's still great!

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Hey, Kalos was awesome!

And I guess if we wanted to use something more fitting it could be the Holo-Caster. I mean, it works if you stretch it a bit =p

David Galanos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apost1e
Would it be ok if I made a Greninja strategy thread? Like talking about different ways to play him, and ways to succeed as him?
Topics I've thought of are:
- Dealing with defensive/campy players
- how to keep the lead
- Read set ups that can work
An example would be f throwing someone, and jumping right after doing a fair, because most people jump out of f throw. Another example could be down throw at earlier percents -> dash attack -> fair, or just an f smash. Most people probably know this, but there are more I know that I think others don't like charging a fully charged water shuriken on shield and chasing it doing a shadow sneak after. Most people roll, spot dodge, or drop shield, works all the time, can be avoided or punished though if they catch on.

But yeah I feel like this could be a good thread, but I can also see it not going as well as hoped. Some things could probably just simply be talked about in the Greninja Q&A or Social thread.

Please let me know if this could be a thread, and if so, if it would be a good thread. Wouldn't really wanna make one and see it not be useful to people, thanks.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
There's always guides if you want to make one. I think that'd work pretty well for what you seem to want to be making.
http://smashboards.com/guides/categories/greninja.135/
There's not really much in the way of Greninja guides (two are video guides and the other two are unfinished), so if you desire, you can give it a shot!

David Galanos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apost1e
Yeah I guess I could do that, the idea was to get people to discuss and share things to do. Like I don't even know the best way to deal with defensive players, or the best way to sustain a lead, I do have my own strategies just nothing that I could tell someone in a guide because it's all my own personal way of doing something. The more I say this thought the more I can see it just simply be asked in the Q and A thread, but maybe I could just throw some of my read set up things or whatever lol into the Social thread to start a chat instead.
There's always guides if you want to make one. I think that'd work pretty well for what you seem to want to be making.
http://smashboards.com/guides/categories/greninja.135/
There's not really much in the way of Greninja guides (two are video guides and the other two are unfinished), so if you desire, you can give it a shot!
Yeah I guess I could do that, the idea was to get people to discuss and share things to do. Like I don't even know the best way to deal with defensive players, or the best way to sustain a lead, I do have my own strategies just nothing that I could tell someone in a guide because it's all my own personal way of doing something. The more I say this thought the more I can see it just simply be asked in the Q and A thread, but maybe I could just throw some of my read set up things or whatever lol into the Social thread to start a chat instead.

I may start a guide eventually though, and talk about all of greninja and throw in strategies, idk.

Katuro117

Smash Rookie
Hi! Is there a thread related to Hydro Pump gimping? I kinda wanna try making a thread that tries to figure out how hard it is to gimp other characters with it. Asking so I don't go through the effort without posting data when it already exists.

Top Bottom