• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pokémon Pass

Voodoo7995

Smash Journeyman
So a few weeks ago I made a post about fighters pass for a single company... But looking back now, none would work quite as well as the Pokémon Company.

There will only be 4 on this list, since on my other post it was made clear that a whole 5-character pass was a bit generous for one company. Plus, there are already around 10 playable pokémon in smash, counting pokemon trainer as 3 fighters.

Heres what I'm thinking:
1. Obstagoon
-Obstagoon is one of the first pokemon that only evolves in a game-exclusive form.
-He/She would be the first Gen 8 rep.

2. Chimchar
-We don't have as many small characters as we do huge ones like Charizard or DK.
-He's got great moveset potential.
-You could argue he is the most popular starter from gen 4

3. Leavanny
-Leavanny is a powerful, fast pokémon with a decent movepool, which could be transfered into a moveset.
-Leavanny is very recognizable in the nintendo community.
-We do not currently have a rep for gen 5, and Leavanny could fit here
-We do not currently have a playable Bug-Type pokémon.

4. Sceptile
-Great moveset potential, including a Mega Sceptile final Smash.
-He would complete the trio of fully evolved starters. We currently have fire-type thanks to incineroar, and water-type thanks to Greninja. Sceptile would be the grass-type starter, and add some more Grass-type like moves to the roster.
-He would be the first gen 3 pokémon to be a playable fighter in the game.

What do you think? Would you buy this? Would you change anything I've chosen? I tried to step away from only starters, since (counting Pokémon Trainer as 3 fighters) we are currently able to play as 6 starters (and I'm obviously counting Pikachu.

Can't wait to see your thoughts!

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
My Pokémon Pass

1. Nihilego
2. Toxtricity
3. Sceptile
4. Grapploct (thinking about it, he would've been a great replacement for Incineroar)

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
What we need is something more original and unique: a musical type Pokemon. Combine that with Gen 8 and you have Obstagoon, Rillaboom, and Toxtricity

So Toxtricity gets it as it's currently the most popular Gen 8 Pokemon

Toxtricity, Gengar, Sceptile, Heracross for me

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Here's my Pokemon pass:
1. Sceptile or either Rayquaza (Gen 3)
2. Haxorus (Gen 5)
3. Necrozma (Gen 7)
4. Zacian/Zamazenta (Gen 8)

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
My Pokémon Pass

1. Lugia
2. Decidueye or Sceptile (Could not choose)
3. Frosmoth
4. Excadrill

Was considering Gardivoir

Last edited:

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
Cool topic/list. I like the Leavanny pick. Not one I'd expect people to pick but would definitely be a really fun Pokemon that I'd love to play in Ultimate!

The ones I want most are;
Ampharos
- My favorite Pokemon and would actually make for a fun/unique fighter that utilizes light/electricity with good ranged attacks and a focus on ledge-trapping
Typhlosion
- Fairly self-explanatory but powerful/fun moveset which could have an interesting mechanic that works in reverse to Lucario's
Empoleon
- A Pokemon that could easily transition into Smash given their Pokken moveset and would be a lot of fun for those seeking a balanced rushdown character that can control the battlefield!
Chesnaught
- A big/heavy body character thats a grass type which would likely also be a grappler, making for a unique addition to the roster on top of being a lot of fun to play!

Others I'd really love to see are;
Samurott
- My personal 5th gen pick as its one of my top 6 favorite Pokemon as the moveset would be cool, being similar to Marth in Melee but heavier with more power and a greater focus on breaking shields
Breloom
- Fun movement and a unique gimmick in debilitating your opponent with various status' while pestering with good ranged attacks
Decidueye
- Would be a unique fighter with a focus on ranged attacks and tricky movement both to use and face against
Primarina
- Would have floaty movement with a unique bubble/sound moveset
Blastoise
- Would be a heavy version of Squirtle with several differences, having some similarities to Mii-Gunner
Rillaboom
- My ideal 8th gen rep which I think would have the funnest/unique moveset using sound moves and to top it off, would be a grass Pokemon
Toxtricity
- A fan favorite and would provide an interesting moveset using sound/poison/electricity attacks. Sounds like fun to me!

Sorry, so many of the Starters would just make great fighters so its hard to ignore them :p

Additionally, I think spare echo fighters based off Pokemon could come in, being less intrusive to the roster;
Blaziken
- Your 3rd gen rep which could easily be an echo of Captain Falcon, with more of a focus on rushdown instead of being a bait&punish character which would be accomplished by being slower/lighter while having much safer attacks. Comparatively, he'd have weaker punches/elbows but stronger kicking moves. Specials and FS would also be adjusted. (see Delzethin video on echoes)
Inteleon
- Though I think Inteleon could be their own character, people have argued the Pokemon as an echo over Greninja which could certainly work after tweaking some moves and the specials.
Delphox
- Could be an echo over Zelda, being more balanced/reliable. (again, see Delzethin echoes video)
Dragonite
- A more balanced take on Charizard with somewhat differing specials
Zeraora
- A more balanced faster version of Lucario with many tweaks to the specials and effects of the moves
Machamp
- An echo over Incineroar that has more of a focus on punches
Shadow-Mewtwo
- Slower with more power to most moves
Plusle and/or Minun
- An echo over Pichu that could have some sort of plus or minus charge gimmick or could turn them into an Ice-Climbers like pair but using Pichu's stats
Clefairy
- An echo over Jigglypuff with the same stats but up special is now sweet kiss, down special is now , and neutral special is now metronome which can either use; splash (trips), minimize, moonlight, gravity (makes self heavier and a fast-faller for a small period of time), meteor mash, or ideally stored power (the Clefairy version of Rest).

Not to mention 3 echoes for Pokemon Trainer could be made in the form of;
Wartortle
Err... Female Ivysaur?? (with a seed visibly poking out of the bulb)
Charizard-X (mega)

Top Bottom