• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The PKS1 Stage Discussion

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
alright guys, i know that we can WOI platform cancel here (including on transformations) and that we cannot fly under it. i know we can camp the side on the mining transformation and rain down arrows while forcing them to try and get through our uair defenses. and that we have extended chaingrabs as well as chaingrabs on characters we don't normally have due to walls.

that's all i really know, im not the best on this stage, i avoid it. so guys, i've heard it argued that we can really play good here if we abuse the stage and don't get caught under it. give me all your info and links on the transformations.

ALRIGHT TEAM, MOVE OUT!!!

Xcallion

Smash Ace
if you stand on the right side of the waterwheel and shoot arrows left without curving them, they will go under the waterwheel and of course you can curve if they try to go over the wheel. If you are good at looping you can also camp under the tree of the fire transformation and still lay down some pressure. So we have good camping on at least three of the transformations.

fUddO

Smash Ace
Does anyone have any tips for the wheel transformation? I always feel like it's a coinflip whenever I fight there. I know we can do some cool stuff with Usmash, much like on Luigi's Mansion, etc, but is there anything more?

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
If you do go under the Wheel, it is playing a bit with your luck. When you are under the wheel, and the enemy is close to you, try playing defensive and looking for an opening for a Uthrow or a Usmash/Utilt. Try to play on the defensive, because your opponent is also going to try and do the same thing and get those Wheel combos, so be patient and look for an opening. Although, if you want to play it safe, you can always camp on a different part of the stage. Retreating to the top of the Wheel is effective for getting away if you need to.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
If you are high percent fight on the right side of the wheel and you most likely will live longer. Would suggest practicing teching there as well. Fighting someone on the left side to get stage spikes, you shoul just grab and uthrow or dthrow then dsmash/fsmash when they hit the ground. Repeat that process if they survive. It's also better to spot dodge than shield so they can't do the same to you if you're on the defensive. Also, if you hold down you can pass through the windmill in the air like it's a platform in case some people didn't know.

Most parts of this stage where it changes I would stay on the other side and try to loop arrows. There are walls on some parts where we can fthrow cg and in particular admiral pit showed me on wifi that on the rock transformation we have a bthrow cg (better than fthrow from 0%) in the middle where it's like that one spot under the platforms and if you can get creative, we might also have a cg on the windmill if you alternate between fthrow and bthrow to keep them inbetween the bottom two walls while it's spinning lol.

The edge of the stage is a little extended from the main support so we can uair plank closer to enemies than most stages. Remember all grabs break during transformations so end cg's early if it comes to that. To platform cancel most of the platforms, you have to wait a little before you dair. Only one where we can buffer dair to platform cancel out of woi is the forest transformation on the lower platform. I've been trying to find a scrooge there by gliding up and down under the stage, but I don't think we can do it forever so it's not worth it until like maybe the end of a time out.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
How is this stage against characters like Dedede? What areas of the board would be easiest to deal killing blows on? (Windmill, or Forest stage?) And, is FD a better stage to fight Dedede on with Pit versus PS1, because of the wall infinites, or not?

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
In my opinion, FD is a much better place to fight DDD on than PS1. DDD doesn't have any wall infinites on FD. Plus, we have more freedom to move around in FD, and can fly under the stage as well.

As for where to kill on PS1, the windmill is an excellent Damage wracking machine, and can give us KOs. Although, it is a bit of a gamble since it's very easy to fall victim to the same thing. On the fire stage, if we can trap someone in the tree on the left side of the stage with Angel Ring we could cause some serious damage. We can also trap them with some other moves/tech chase them. Also, just a though, but on the grass transformation, the stage has slight hills on the ends of the stage. If we can position Pit on the hill facing downwards, we could protect ourselves from people trying to Uair us from under the stage.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
People can DI out of our angel ring, we don't have any wall infinites. Only thing that ps1 has is a higher ceiling so just FD is definitely better. Stay away from his insane grab range lol.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
yeah it does. i did it to p4 two days ago bro. on the tree where we get the extended cg and there is that little shack, our ftilt can hit people standing on the other side of it. why would i lie?

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I never said you were lying, I was thinking maybe something happened like an extended hurtbox that led you to believe that this instance was applicable in all cases aka you can do it to everyone. I tested it and it didn't work so I'd like to see evidence like I said before.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i've only done it from the left side and they were literally touching the tree when i hit them, i also think i pivoted into it as a did it out of an arrow loop which i obviously had to start facing left to shoot. could be the pivot

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Eh the more i played on this stage the more i end up not liking it that much with pit. Abuse slants on certain part of stages for better bair opportunities. Abuse walk zoning with lots of jabs and pivot arrows. Remember our bthrow chaingrab against the walls(and an extended fthrow cg). Be careful planking.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Bump. I say we come to a consensus on this stage and maha does a summary. Are there any matchups you guys would take here? I've personally only used it against falco. And i usually ban it against dedede and ike.

Top Bottom