• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-Zero Pit Stop The Pit Stop Closure - Must Read!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
After watching the room for a while, it has been determined there isn't much purpose for the Pit Stop.

Plenty of the topics in here would be fine in a single topic in another room. So, for the sake of community, we are going to shut down the Pit Stop. I am posting this to open a dialogue with regular posters. One possible destination for the F-Zero discussion topic is in the Light House. This transition would be easiest and possibly get conversations started. Another option is C. Falcon character room, which will isolate players who are just interested in F-Zero.

In order to make your transition as seamless as possible, I need to know which topics should absolutely be saved and merged.

This room will be closed on August 11th. Please make any comments or suggestions before then.

Thank you for your attention.

CK, Master of Destruction

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Yeah. I'd prefer it go into the Light House.

Besides the stickies, can't think of any threads that absolutely need to be saved. Though it be nice if my one thread here was (needs discussion).

I wonder, was the Pit Stop EVER active...

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
No no. The threads will be archived, but the room will be read-only. More than likely, I will post links to the important threads in the new F-Zero Thread that will be in the Light House.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
yeah, it seems pretty much the stickies should be saved.

And yeah, it seems like a good idea to close this place down, its been dead since forever. Even with a new f-zero game releasing anytime soon, I don't think that will be enough to really stir up any major activity for the long term anyways. O:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
^If a new F-Zero has online play and if it's robust enough, a that should stir up things for some time...
Yeah, although Nintendo is not showing any signs of caring about F-Zero at all. If it does happen, things could be handled accordingly.

Black_ShadowAX

Smash Rookie
^If a new F-Zero has online play and if it's robust enough, a that should stir up things for some time...
I somehow doubt even with a solid online F-Zero would have to do a lot more to attract people into the series let alone stir up this nearly dead community.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Nintendo probably would release a new F-Zero, otherwise I don't see why they would keep Falcon in brawl. I dunno. D:

But a solid online F-Zero would be pretty awesome but yeah, not enough to keep things active.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Doesn't this room exist because of Smashboards' affiliation with Fzero World like 6-7 years ago?

EDIT: Lol, I just read the room description.

Mewter

Smash Master
It's kind of sad how even the Light House Zelda thread had more posts than this room.
Really kind of sad. It's like a ghost town. :(
Lol Vyse.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Excuse me I know Im not a regular here and Ive never as much as read something here but when I saw the closure thing I had to ask why the lighthouse. It seems that all they talk about there is zelda. I dont know how FZero and Zelda tie together a bit. Maybe it should go to another thread although Im not sure which one.....

EDIT never mind I got confused with the zelda thread and the lighthouse thread.... sorry but yeah it seems like a better transition. Better than the time that they stopped transmitting cable on antenna

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I'd say that the F-Zero AX-booth topic should be moved or newly created if this forum is going to be closed, since they're still existing and updating.
The rest should be still readable. Should there be a sequel, the Pit Stop can be reopened again (like Online and whatnot). If a new F-Zero won't spark enough interest for the boards to be revived, they can be closed again.
Frankly, that seems the best solution to me.

Also, lawl - inafterofficialclose

Top Bottom