• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pink Princess of the Outfield - Maria Luna Support Thread

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Maria_2003.png

Maria in Backyard Baseball 2003

Who is Maria Luna?
Maria is one of the thirty playable kids in Backyard Baseball. She was a stand-out character due to her immense power that would only be available if you made your team's uniforms a certain color.

Why Maria?
Maria is one of the more popular and unique characters in the game, as she is the only character in the games who wears a dress, and she is one of the strongest characters in the game, but she won't let you use her awesome skills unless you satisfy her one demand: make the team's uniforms pink. She was also kept around with the retool in Baseball 2007, as many more popular characters were removed while 3 inferior characters were added.

What can Maria do?
As a veteran of the Backyard Sports series, Maria can play all kinds of sports, which form the basis for her moveset. Maria can play baseball, basketball, hockey, football, and soccer. Her moveset will be added later.

Maria's Pretty Pink Friends
Doc Monocle Doc Monocle

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Novel! I support for the not so poor pink spore from sports! (Was it rhythmic enough?) Anyway, I shall bring this thread up to the emperor of the Newcomer Support Thread Directory, One-Winged Bagel, if you have not done so already.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Novel! I support for the not so poor pink spore from sports! (Was it rhythmic enough?) Anyway, I shall bring this thread up to the emperor of the Newcomer Support Thread Directory, One-Winged Bagel, if you have not done so already.
I did already.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Direct in almost 3 hours. Get ready. I'll also post Maria's moveset later.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I've got ideas for her Victory Screen animations:
Screen 1: Maria jumps up and down twice before doing a "V" pose.
Screen 2: Maria swings her bat twice and then poses with it.
Screen 3: Maria walks forward and then does a curtsy.

I also have taunt ideas:
Taunt 1: Maria poses with her bat.
Taunt 2: Maria does a curtsy.
Taunt 3: Maria jumps around while happily giggling.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This is my last post here. I wanna be surprised but IDK anymore.

Top Bottom