• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pikachu Forum Directory - New to Pika? Start Here!

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
The Pikachu Forum Directory
A Simple Guide to Our Most Important Threads!

Guides & General Info:

Generating A Win: An Electrifying Guide to Pikachu - Written by the Pikachu Back Room
Our forum's most recent and up-to-date guide to Pikachu, put together by the members of the Pikachu Back Room. Thoroughly covers all aspects of Pika's competitive game, from the basics to advanced techniques. Somewhat outdated.

Pikachu Research Thread - Maintained by KayLo!
Raw data for Brawl Pikachu, such as frame data, knockback info, and hitstun measurements.

Fthrow/Dthrow Chaingrab Thread - Composed by K Prime
A guide/project devoted to fully developing Pikachu's chaingrabs, focused mainly on his buffered dthrow CGs. If you have any questions regarding the buffered CGs, ask them here or in the Q&A thread.

How to Buffer Dthrow Chaingrab - Explained in Detail! - Composed by K Prime
A beautiful guide to a perfect d-throw. This combined with the guide with the numbers from the grab thread makes it incredibly easy to learn the grab. It includes a .gif with frame numbers so you see EXACTLY when to press the button.

Duck, Duck, Pikachu!: Moves Pika Can Crouch Under - Written by KayLo!
Detailed list of every move Pikachu can crouch beneath to avoid damage.

100+ Pikachu Tricks - Composed by SilverSpark
Contains a HUGE list of tricks Pikachu can do, ranging from easy to extremely difficult. Note that most are very situational and just for fun.

Pikachu's Platform Cancel(s): An In Depth Look - Composed by MXXD123
A guide on how to platform cancel with Pikachu, what platforms it will work on, and some of the uses for it. Comes with videos!

Pika got slides! Pikasliding: an in depth Tutorial - Composed by Forever Kasrani
A guide on using Pikasliding, an AT that can be used to...well, just read the guide. It has a video, too!

Quick Attack Ledge Cancels- Composed by The Truth!
Explanations and videos on the Quick Attack Ledge Cancel, a fast way to get to get near the ledge and surprise opponents with attacks! Complete with videos!

Pikachu's Move Analysis. - Composed by ESAM
A guide to the uses of Pikachu's moves. It lists some of the uses for them, and warnings on some of the moves you should watch out for.

Article Threads:

What to work on after mastering Pika's moveset - Written by Gallax
Solid tips for Pikas who've gotten the basics down.

ATTN: New Pikas: The RIGHT Way to FH Thunder Jolt - Written by KayLo!
An article on a very common mistake many new Pika players make.

Hit a Mental Block? Come here. - Written by ESAM
If you find yourself getting frustrated and hitting a wall with Pika, this thread might just help you out.

Playing to Win, NOT Playing for Fun - Written by ESAM
An article/discussion detailing the "play to win" mentality with Pika and how it differs from playing competitively for fun.

Camping =/= Spamming - Written by ESAM
ESAM compares Camping and Spamming, and how to get the most out of your jolts.

Quick Attack Cancel>Nair is a true combo - Written by K Prime
These are details on why QAC>Nair is a real combo, and can be used to kill. In the future, it will have the percents for many, if not all the characters.

D-throw->U-air->Footstool - Written by ESAM
Two ways to down throw and end in a footstool you can use to quick attack lock opponents! Still discovering new things!

Community-Based Discussions:

Pika Q&A/FAQ Thread: Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer! - Maintained by K Prime
Have a question about something Pika-related? Ask here! Includes a FAQ to answer common questions. (Note: PLEASE POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE INSTEAD OF MAKING A NEW THREAD!)

Pikachu's move analysis. - Maintained by ESAM
General data and tips about Pikachu's moves. Currently discussing more than what is in the OP alone.

Character Matchups & Strategies, v.2 - Maintained by ENNH
Our forum's matchup directory. Includes a chart listing our matchup ratios vs. every character in Brawl, plus links to individual matchup discussions

Character Specific Counterpick and Ban Stages - Maintained by ESAM
The old stage thread, go here to look up past information on the stages before we got the new stage discussion.

The *NEW* Pika stage discussion and character specific stage guide - Maintained by Forever Kasrani
A large guide to who you should counter pick where, and why. Give stage-related suggestions here.

Pikachu Doubles Discussion - Maintained by ~automatic
Open dialogue on Pikachu's competitive ability in doubles, including how he performs with different partners.

Video & Picture Threads:

The Official Pikachu Video Guide - Created by 5ive
The ultimate video guide to Pikachu. Covers basic techniques as well as more advanced ones. Somewhat outdated.

Volt Tackle Videos: Replay Archive + Critique Thread - Composed by K Prime
Gameplay videos from various Pika players, including singles, doubles, video guides, and combo vids. Submissions are always welcome! Also post your replays here if you would like your Pikachu critiqued.

Gotcha (on Camera)! Replay Recording for All Pikas Without Capture Cards - Maintained by ElNoNombreHombre
Have replays but no way to record them for YouTube? Request ENNH's recording services here.

The Pikachu Screenshot/Picture/Texture Thread - Maintained by SilverSpark
A collection of screenshots and pictures featuring our lovable rodent. Feel free to contribute!

Social:

Pikachu General Discussion - Maintained by Kenrawr
Social thread. Come by, introduce yourself, and talk with other Pikas about.... pretty much anything. (Global Rules still apply.)

Pikachu Xat Chat - Maintained by K Prime
Chat room for Pikas (and non-Pikas) to get together and hang out. Separate from SWF.

Pikachu Tournament Results - Composed by Stealth Raptor
Ranks Pikachu players based purely on tournament performance. If you have any recent tourney results, post them here.

The Battle Tower: Wifi Match Finder - Composed by Stealth Raptor
Post your wifi info here and set up matches with other members of the Pika community. Occasionally hosts tournaments.

If you have any suggestions for additions to this list, please don't hesitate to post!

K 2

Smash Lord
@#$@ it! That was the first thread I planned to put on this thing. When I made the video section, I was thinking of the video guide. I can't believe I forgot about that....soz, I'll make your name in yellow to make up for it. =(

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Um...my threads are hopefully gonna be joined with galax's. Im not doing the ones he already did...and ill just repost the links in his thread whenever im done with one. I don't think i need my own section in this.

K 2

Smash Lord
Um...my threads are hopefully gonna be joined with galax's. Im not doing the ones he already did...and ill just repost the links in his thread whenever im done with one. I don't think i need my own section in this.
Ok, I removed your thread. I'll just keep Galax's thread up there.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Yay for stickydom!

Also, K 2, you misspelled the name of my thread. It's not a big deal, just pointing it out.

Roller

Smash Legend
This thread is a must see for any new pika players, nice little compendium of threads you've amassed here.

and 5ive,

I WANT TO MAKE SWEET LOVE TO YOUR SIG. IT IS ZOMGAMAZIN!

K 2

Smash Lord
I finished adding a short summary to every thread. Correct me if I'm wrong on anything.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Umm, I hate to be nitpicky, but the link to the Killachu thread takes you to the second page instead of the OP.

Don't hate me. :(

K 2

Smash Lord
Lol, sorry. I seem to keep messing up your thread for some reason...my bad.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I asked Xiivi to re-open the high voltage clan thread. I informed him that it's not so muich a "clan" thread as it is a thread to invite other Pikachus into our community. There are similar threads on other character boards. The high voltage thread really did not deserve to be closed. I hope Xiivi will understand that.

gallax

Smash Hero
so guys i dont think that xiivi will change it. maybe if we made a new thread that said something like, wanna join a clan, click here!!!!!!

this thread works too...

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
I considered that but i figured that talking here would work. now i would recomend that we stop talking about the clan here so we dont get infraction points.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
The thread Xiivi closed was a general Pikachu community thread. Now the Pikachu community will forever grow slower than ever, or maybe never grow again. That mod has no idea what he's done.
Look at the Peach board's Peach Brawl Finder thread and tell me that isn't the same as our high voltage thread...

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Lol, I don't think it's quite that serious, E. It was clearly a clan thread.... I'm surprised it didn't get closed sooner tbh. If you wanna start a thread here similar to the Peach boards', go for it.

On topic: K 2, this thread is a huge help for finding Pika info for the guide. It's also a great starting point for the Links section.... thanks a ton! =D

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
lol saying that the pika community will never grow? so basically one thread being locked wll prevent any new pika from joining the pika boards? "hey look a pika section ill join ^_^. WAIT there is no friend finder thread? oh well *closes swf*".

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
lol saying that the pika community will never grow? so basically one thread being locked wll prevent any new pika from joining the pika boards? "hey look a pika section ill join ^_^. WAIT there is no friend finder thread? oh well *closes swf*".
No, it'll go like this:
"You know, I'm really interested in Pikachu, I've seen plenty of videos from Anther and other great Pikachu players and he seems like a good, fun character. Wow, look at that locked thread! If it was unlocked I wouldn't mind, but now I've lost all motivation to main Pikachu and contribute to the community. I think I'll play Peach instead because they have that one thread!"

M15t3R E

Smash Master
No, it'll go like this:
"You know, I'm really interested in Pikachu, I've seen plenty of videos from Anther and other great Pikachu players and he seems like a good, fun character. Wow, look at that locked thread! If it was unlocked I wouldn't mind, but now I've lost all motivation to main Pikachu and contribute to the community. I think I'll play Peach instead because they have that one thread!"
Don't mock me.
New Pikachus will find it more difficult to join this Pikachu community now.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
But the dedicated pikachus will find it and join :)
People interested in Pikachu will look at the Pikachu board. 99% of them won't even think there may be a Pikachu community social group to join... UNLESS we advertise the high voltage clan social group somewhere on the Pikachu board. Now that the high voltage clan thread is gone, we need to advertise the xat chat somewhere else too.

gallax

Smash Hero
No, it'll go like this:
kinda harsh.

maybe instead of saying a direcctory to to all important liks it should say "ALL NEW PIKAS COME HERE!!!!!!!" and then advertise high voltage there.

K 2

Smash Lord
I added some newer threads to the archive threads, namely, the updated guide, the chaingrab confirmation thread, the video critique thread, and the tournament rankings thread. If there are any other threads I missed, please tell me so I can put it on the OP.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I'd say make a friend-finder thread. I mean, it would make finding Wi-fi matchups so much easier. It isn't QUITE that critical, but still, I'd say its important.

Top Bottom