• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pictograph Box: Get your replays recorded in here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
The Pictograph Box

Want to show off your Link?
Found an interesting glitch/AT?
Need a video for critiquing?

Well you’ve come to the right place! Here at the Pictograph Box I can record and upload your replays!

How it all works:

1. Choose a replay that you want uploaded. I’ll only be accepting one replay at a time, so be sure to choose your best match.
  2. Copy the chosen replay on to a SD card from your Wii.
  3. Put the SD card in your computer and locate the .bin file (replay)
    File Path For PAL: \private\wii\APP\RSBP\rp
    File Path For NTSC: \private\wii\APP\RSBE\rp
  4. Upload the replay to http://www.mediafire.com with your forum name on the folder. Once it's done uploading, click share and post the shortest link on this thread.
That's all you have to do! The rest is up to me.

• Once I get your .bin file, I’ll record the replay and upload it to my YouTube channel and post up the link.
  • You can then request another replay to be recorded.
Guidelines:

• I can’t record Brawl+, Balanced Brawl, Brawl Minus etc. I can only record normal Brawl.
  • It's useless to come on this thread and ask if someone will record your replays, then wait for a response before sending them. Just post the link.
  • I have lots of character textures and stage textures, chances are you’ll love them or hate them. I’ll be recording matches with textures on. I won’t put them on if you ask me to and if it’s a doubles match.
  • For critiquing purposes choose a replay that shows a close match, or a match of you getting owned.
  • I’ll only be accepting matches of your Link.
  • The codes I have on are: Shield colour hack, texture hack, camera hack, infinite replays, name tags
  • Please post in here as opposed to private messaging as it makes organization a lot easier
Here’s a video example of the quality you’ll get:
<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M8BzLPHNcUw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M8BzLPHNcUw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Helpers:

Volcanic Doomfire has kindly volunteered to help with the recording business. As you may already see, I'm alot stricter when it comes to recording your replays. If you want more than one replay recorded, custom textures/music Doomfire is the guy you want to get to record your replays.

Now, my recording takes long. I use a DVD player that can set the match on a hard drive of the DVD player, then set it on a DVD. The DVD player records kinda weird, you start recording from one point and then choose how many minutes you want to record. This makes it so that I can not set exactly when the video will stop recording.

On the PC, I rip the DVD with a DVD ripper to get the files, then I edit them in windows movie maker to have the good time. Then I upload them to youtube.

Now, this process takes long, like I said. If you want a replay recorded fast, ask Scabe. When I have the replays and everything ready and it will take quite a while.

I'm also European tough, so if youre lucky while youre sleeping I'm recording your replay(s) xD

Few things:
1. You can have more replays. Max 5, but please try to keep it to around 3.
2. You can optionally choice your textures + music. For the textures just look at http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php, for the music, just post a youtube link or download link. As for the music, please have only like 1 song, I like to keep my own songs as well and I can't make a thousand brstm's. Preferebly not musci at all lol. When replays are recorded on the same stages twice, I like to switch textures and music, to make watching more interesting. So you will ned a different texture for that. I'm also restricted in the music choise. I will not record with stuff as Heayve Metal and stuff. Sorry, but I really just CAN'T listen to it. I'm really sorry if that kind of stuff is the music you love but.. Sorry.
3. Scabe will do it way faster and I think his quality is better.
4. Video's go on my channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/Infernaldoomfire
5. Use mediafire to upload the replays. More information in the OP. I'm really not gonna add your fc and stuff xD
6. Preferably Link. If you have like one match with your.. Zelda or something, thats not a big problem.

Here's the quality you will get:
<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M8BzLPHNcUw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M8BzLPHNcUw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>
I'm PAL so no Brawl Minus or Brawl+ except when you're PAL as well and you use the pal codes.
Any questions? Ask away!

Anyone else with a capture card and would like to help out let me know!

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Wow, great idea Scabe!
And I would love to get 1 of my replays uploaded, and when I have a Dazzle I would help you too.
I thought I had a recording device but it doesn't work correct. So now I really need a Dazzle xD

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Haha, you should upload a couple of our matches Scabe, if the lag didn't mess them up beyond watchability. We need to play wifi again sometime, but I'm looking to be pretty busy this next week (last week of my rotation = lots of writeups and stuff).

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Hey Thx for the upload scabe. Interesting choice. Nice textures. If you plan on uploading anymore, might i suggest the Marth one? Now that i think about it, it probably has the best representation of my current style. Also if you wanted to try so matches that will probably lag, let me know.

Anyway thx again.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
lol You 3 stocked an MK.
Its kinda hard to critiqeu that xD
Nice match anyway. So I'm gonna search a replay to upload.
I might use that one where I fail at camping a D3.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
well he chose that one... lol i sent him like 8 i think. I think thats the only one that has a 3 stock.

I might actually give up on trying to get a good replay. Any match that is a good match usually ends up beyond 3 mins. Brawl really loses its fun when you're trying to push for a replay.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Yeah I had no idea which replay to choose, I didn't know you wanted one for critique I just like the way you played in that match.

So yeah this is one of the reasons why I make you choose only one replay at a time.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Thx again. Nice match between you and huggles.

Though huggles actually critiqued my match and i would feel weird to put multiple matches in a row up for critique.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Okay thx.

And actually just double posted on accident. But oh well no one posted in there for a while.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Anyone got a link to some proper instructions and w/e you need to actually do that?

Edit:
Actually i have a couple of ditto matches vs deity/deehate. Only got 2 of the set of like 8 but i think we got about even wins, though i might have had one more. Anyone up to recording it?

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Cool guys I'll get recording.

Ryos4 I'll only upload one of the matches. So do you know which one's the best/ which one you want the most?

I only upload one because my internet limit is pretty low.

Edit:
@Ryos4: http://boards.ign.com/super_smash_bros_/b5213/171688684/p1/

This will get the Ocarina going. I'll get it up on my Wii in the next week or two. Longer replays: awesome.
Watch out, that thread was made back in 2008 I think. I don't really know much about how to set up everything so you have what I have. I would help you guys set it Homebrew but:

MLG (Major League Gaming) does not endorce modding Wiis. MLG owns Smash World Forums, therefore you shall not speak of modding Wiis in anyway on this forum. If you need help with the modding of your Wii, installing Homebrew or the like then please Google it and get the help you need.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Hmm which one... I think the BF is the best one. Deity didnt do any ******** suicides aside from the one where he was dead already.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Too late I've chosen Smashville, I liked that match. Anywho I've recorded everyone now which includes a match I had with Ano <3. It'll be uploaded by tonight my time.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
As moderator of this board, I need to warn you not to double po--

oh

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Yeah I double post a fair bit. Most of the times they're good reasons. Like to update with something and let people see that something's new is up just in case they already read the last post.

You probably wouldn't have seen my post if I just edited the vids in.

Anyways, I recommend people watching Quirky's match there's this bit at like 2:00 where they do exactly the same thing! It's hilarious :laugh:.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
I can record now too. Scabe and I have come to a conclusion about how to share the work.
Now, my recording takes long. I use a dvd player that can set the match on a harddrive of the dvd player, then set it on a dvd. The Dvd player records kinda weird, you start recording from one point and then choose how many minutes you want to record. This makes it so that I can not set exactly when the video will stop recording.
On the pc, I rip the dvd with a dvd ripper to get the files, then I edit them in windows movie maker to have the good time. Then I upload them to youtube.
Now, this process takes long, like I said. If you want a replay recorded fast, ask Scabe. When I have the replays and everything ready and it will take quite a while.
I'm also European tough, so if youre lucky while youre sleeping I'm recording your replay(s) xD
Few things:

1. You can have more replays. Max 5, but please try to keep it to around 3.
2. You can optionally choice your textures + music. For the textures just look at http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php, for the music, just post a youtube link or download link. As for the music, please have only like 1 song, I like to keep my own songs as well and I can't make a thousand brstm's. Preferebly not musci at all lol. When replays are recorded on the same stages twice, I like to switch textures and music, to make watching more interesting. So you will ned a different texture for that. I'm also restricted in the music choise. I will not record with stuff as Heayve Metal and stuff. Sorry, but I really just CAN'T listen to it. I'm really sorry if that kind of stuff is the music you love but.. Sorry.
3. Scabe will do it way faster and I think his quality is better.
4. Video's go on my channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/Infernaldoomfire
5. Use mediafire to upload the replays. More information in the OP. I'm really not gonna add your fc and stuff xD
6. Preferably Link. If you have like one match with your.. Zelda or something, thats not a big problem.

Heres the quality you will get:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KZdFSsaduQ&feature=player_embedded

@Edit:
Im pal so now brawl minus or brawl+ except when you're pal as well and you use the pal code things.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Thx for the upload Scabe.

So what made you choose that replay? I didnt like it mostly due to the large error made my deeahate at the end.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
It was the most exciting and it was fairly even besides the SD's. Going to update the OP with Doomfire's help.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Yeah, I have like new quality, its widescreen + HD.
Okay gonna work on it ^^ New quality sample coming soon.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Updated OP with Doomfire's new quality sample. Also nice textures on the FD you recorded for Ryos. :O

And also nice YouTube tags. I'm going to steal them >:D

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
Hey Scabe, the true is ... i dont have a Wii :(
i play brawl in dolphin emulator. PAL version of the game, DVD9 and infinite replay hack

my question is i can send you the folder with this data?
or is diferent than the format of wii?

well i expect that work i realy want upload my match

in other way, in this city (im studing, im not in my home, without brawl T.T)

exist a place when ou can play wii (yes original brawl) , i will try to get a SD cards and hacks, if the dolphin record dont work

appreciate you response :)

Scabe

Successful Businessman
My brother has the Dolphin Emulator and played Brawl on the computer. I didn't see it happen nor do I know much about it.

I think it should still work. The replays should still be in the same place hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom