• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The Picto Box - Toon Link Video & Critique Thread

Gamer Nq

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nq_Being_pro
There are no combos in this game out of a grab release, except for Marth/Lucina aerial grab releasing into custom Up-b 2. www.smashboards.com/threads/grab-release-mega-thread-spoilers-almost-zero-combos.373720/
So no. Grab release to Jab is by no means a thing. The opponent can either shield or use a faster attack, which isn't difficult seeing as Toon's Jab is a dismal frame 6 move. To make this point clearer, in a grounded grab release both you and the opponent can act at the same time; shield is active on frame 1, and if the opponent's character has a move that hits earlier than frame 6 that reaches you (most characters do), trying to Jab them predictably every time will just get you punished.

Oh and I should note, concerning the vid, jumping towards the opponent and pulling a bomb in the neutral is a bad habit. Also it's very difficult to tell how good a player is or where they need to improve by looking at a highlight vid. Uploading a whole match (or better still, a whole set) against a player who is better than you is what's best if you're after critique.
Okay! i will try to get more videos of better people! But those do tend to go over 3 mins :/

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
So well he seemed to be over shadowed by LEO and his dominance over Mr.R Hyuga got 3rd using Toon Link and did extremely well against Mr.R(believed he even 2 stocked him game one) what is the Toon Link boards thoughts and opinions about him and his performance?

It seems that Mr R really had to play defensively in this match-up, which is very interesting considering it's Sheik. There were a lot of moments where Sheik was literally sitting on block. I'm very confident that Hyuga could have taken the last game if he stopped allowing himself to get punished. Overall, great set. He wasn't flashy, just kept things basic. Sometimes basic is better. He definitely proved TL's worth.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Don't mind me boys, just your average Link main delivering a nice vid. for you guys to check out. Cacogen, ranked 1st on WA's PR, going TL against WA's number 2, Felix.

@ Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive don't tell the other Link mains I was here, okay?

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Don't mind me boys, just your average Link main delivering a nice vid. for you guys to check out. Cacogen, ranked 1st on WA's PR, going TL against WA's number 2, Felix.

@ Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive don't tell the other Link mains I was here, okay?
Maybe I will. Lol

I love how overly confident that Fox was at the end with the taunts. You're about to get shut out completely at grand finals and you're going to taunt like you're winning? Poor kid.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Maybe I will. Lol

I love how overly confident that Fox was at the end with the taunts. You're about to get shut out completely at grand finals and you're going to taunt like you're winning? Poor kid.
These two are always playing together, so Felix knew that he was sunk on the final game. They were just having fun at that point.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
These two are always playing together, so Felix knew that he was sunk on the final game. They were just having fun at that point.
Aaaah I see lol he just seemed kinda bummed at the end. Guess I would be too though regardless.

D

Deleted member

Uhhh yea so I beat rich brown and vinnie yesterday so I'll have vids up soon

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
Hey guys I've just made a new youtube channel so I've lost my subs and views and I'm starting fresh! I've made another combo video with mostly Toon Link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq_bpLL4ZL4
A like and/or sub would be appreciated and as always, you can critique my Toon Link! :rolleyes:
I accidentally subbed to you on my gaming channel which I don't check my subs on but I can't be f*cked to unsub with my gaming channel so I'm giving you 2 subs I guess... (that sentence was way too long...)

also, here's a ditto match where I went apesh*t berserk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukkT1LwYr0k

Last edited:

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
https://youtu.be/VXl44X9bYks?t=1m49s
LOL
IT'S LIKE THE AIRDODGE BOMB DROP IS BACK
I know it was (...probably) unintentional but it looks so much like that thing in Brawl.
Also, a 2-0 against Rich Brown? O.o
EDIT:
WIN AGAINST VINNIE IS SUPER COOL TOO.
GOD, THAT WAS SEXY.
K9 vs Zan is up.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's really nice! Just sucks if you have no bomb and sheik decides to wait airdodge with an uair instead of up b.

Btw how do you zdrop out of airdodge?
Well if you have no bomb then dont do this :p
you input airdodge+zdrop at the same time, same inputs as ibomb in brawl

Moffe

Smash Apprentice
Well if you have no bomb then dont do this :p
you input airdodge+zdrop at the same time, same inputs as ibomb in brawl
Ah i misunderstood! Thought you canceled airdodge with z drop after dodging uair. But i get what you mean now! So basicly if your high percent keep a bomb in hand and maybe try to go for boomerangs more and defensive bombs

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
Is there any specific type of match we should post? Like can it be friendlies, FG matches, tournament matches, etc.

Last edited:

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
I saved a few good replays from yesterday, but the YouTube uploader only works with 3 minute replays, ugh.
What do you guys use to record?

Last edited:

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
I saved a few good replays from yesterday, but the YouTube uploader only works with 3 minute replays, ugh.
What do you guys use to record?
I've heard that elgato game capture is good (works for ps4, xbox 360, xbone and wii u if i recall correctly). It's a bit pricey but I think it's the most common one (it's the one I'm saving up for).

D

Deleted member

Hold on, at the beginning of match 2 vs. Tearbear, you did what seemed like a wavebounce zair (3:55 time signature). I just checked and I can't find it anywhere in the AT list, could you explain to me what this was and how you did it?
No, I just jumped, moved back and zaired. I didnt do a rising zair but a falling zair holding back

Moffe

Smash Apprentice
Seems like we got toon links slowly but steady climbing the ladders :D

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Top Bottom