• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Pichu Social & General Discussion Thread

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I usually use agility for tech chasing more than mindgames, I've started to dashdance on a platform then agility through it when they jump up to fair me or something and jump into a nair while they are vulnerable.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I do that if its not marth... because like all of his moves will his you if you do that...and then you die.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
After studying Pichu's u-air for 24+ hours now, i can say that it's just as useful as it is useless.

The U-air is only useful when the enemy is "Open/Unguarded" Because that is when this attack can only be used to be any good, or any help. Also if you don't practice actually timing with this attack you miss by either doing it too soon, or to late.

While U-air at low damage % allows for awesome combo's that will add up damage really fast. But missing, clashing, or worst "Hitting a shield" with his attack is bad and leaves you open for grabs, and wide area attacks.

Your best bet is to find an opening, or making one. Spamming this attack is not recommended unless your pro at using pichu.

Best times to use U-air is after a....

U-Throw
Up-Smash (If you hit)
Falling U-Air (If you hit)
Jumping U-air (If you hit)
U-Tilt (At high %)
When the enemy is airborne, or using an D-air
During a missed sweet spot (ledge grab)

OR

If your feeling lucky.

-

Let me know if i missed anything.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
allot of times i'll shffl it and go through them so if they sheild it i just go right through it and they'd have to wavedash out of shield to get me, but its pichu so there is like no landing lag.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
Here a new trick i just made. ^_^

-

Quick Shot

After a full jump, quickly double jump, and do a thunder jolt within 5 frames of the double jump.

If done correctly you should land normally with no lag as if you were simply jumping.

It's also possible to "Up-B" before landing for Prefect Agility tricks, and to Waveland for quick approches, and escapes.

You must have quick fingers to pull it off, i find it easier to double jump with the joy stick rather then using the "X/Y" buttons to do it.

If your landing on you feet with no 'dust/smoke" your doing it wrong, you must land as if you were landing from a jump.

You can fast fall during the flip to have pichu land on his feet to speed, but you can't waveland afterwards.

-

Tell me what you guys think of it after you try it.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
hmm.. I'll try it later, while it may have less lag, it would come out slower and I'm thinking it would be more punishable in an actual match if you do it to much.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
yey for discussion :D

biggest differences imo are not having a uair spike and using the agility for moving around the stage, since pika has to much lag for quick attack to be a useful form of movement.
Pika's range gives him a pretty decent advantage, but pichu is allot faster, more agile, etc and can just be all over the stage.
both my pika and pichu have pretty similar combos and stuff, but i think thats mostly because i don't devout allot of time to pika in comparison to how much i spend on pichu.

oliman

Smash Journeyman
no offense intended, but it seems like black people can mash controllers the hardest. whenever i grab most people, they just dont do anything, but for some dudes when you grab them they **** the **** out of that controller

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
lol i think im one of those people who does nothing, or at least i dont realize im doing anything, I always forget that i can mash buttons to get out of it faster lol.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
no offense intended, but it seems like black people can mash controllers the hardest. whenever i grab most people, they just dont do anything, but for some dudes when you grab them they **** the **** out of that controller
that aint true, most only jiggle the control stick, some turn it in circles, and some hold it in a certain direction, but all of them button mash. I have yet to see a control with broken buttons. So it's not to much of a problem there.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
Okay i final got a lot of pratice with my pichu. But im having a few problems.

1 - Speed

- I can't seem to keep my speed up, i end up slowing down a lot when im trying to keep a fast pace.

2 - Short Hopping

- I'm still having tons of trouble with, are they're any tricks that might help?

3 - Predictible

- After a while my plans become very predictible, are there other ways i can prevent this?

4 - Major "PA" Fails

Is there a map i can pratice this on to improve on this? there have been times when lost matches because of mistakes doing this.

5 - Getting the Kill

I've always have this problem when my enemy has high % in damage, is there a simple attack that pichu can do to fix this simular to Falco's d-tilt?

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I have many of the same problems. For short hopping I find it easier to use Y rather than X if that helps... for standing short hops i use the control stick. for perfect agility stuffs just press up and then over. its kinda easy once you practice it more, if you can't do the wavedash right, PA above the ground until you get better at it.
for killing look for and up smash i guess. at lower percents f-smash.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
1 - Speed

- I can't seem to keep my speed up, i end up slowing down a lot when im trying to keep a fast pace.
Always L-Cancel, dash-dance whenever you are on the ground (especially straight after landing) and wave-land wherever possible.

2 - Short Hopping

- I'm still having tons of trouble with, are they're any tricks that might help?
I use the control stick to jump, so I can't really offer any button-related tips.

3 - Predictible

- After a while my plans become very predictible, are there other ways i can prevent this?
Don't play on auto-pilot, basically. Always make sure you are considering what your opponent is thinking, so the only way they can predict you is by being smarter than you.

4 - Major "PA" Fails

Is there a map i can pratice this on to improve on this? there have been times when lost matches because of mistakes doing this.
The Battlefield platforms are a perfect distance from each-other to practice Agility tricks, but any stage works. You just need to get a feel for where and how to aim. Play against a LV9 CPU on starter stages and just try and avoid him for as long as possible using PA. That's the best way to practice consistency with movement options imo (excluding friendlies).

5 - Getting the Kill

I've always have this problem when my enemy has high % in damage, is there a simple attack that pichu can do to fix this simular to Falco's d-tilt?
You just need to not get impatient, space around the opponent until you can land a combo > KO or a KO move itself. Nair da best, basically.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Thats cool, I haven't really heard anything about the Ausie scene except that there is one lol.
who are the big Ausie players?

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I was bored and made these. It relates to pichu because it does.

kindly give suggestions and whatnot ^^
you can wall jump and stuff off of the little spikey part at the bottom, and you can pass through the thin sections connecting the spikey parts with the center but only from underneath (so you can't just drop through)

edit: GRRRR!!! I'm trying to make it go inside a spoiler box thing, but its just laying them out all in a row, so just click the links instead of having the pictures taking up so much space.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Thats cool, I haven't really heard anything about the Ausie scene except that there is one lol.
who are the big Ausie players?
The best players in Aus are Dekar, Monkeybear, Blackshadow, Zxv, Syke, S.D. and Sirias.

I was bored and made these. It relates to pichu because it does.

kindly give suggestions and whatnot ^^
you can wall jump and stuff off of the little spikey part at the bottom, and you can pass through the thin sections connecting the spikey parts with the center but only from underneath (so you can't just drop through)
That looks really cool! =D

And it's pretty unique while not being too deviant, good job.

What do you plan to do with it?

edit: GRRRR!!! I'm trying to make it go inside a spoiler box thing, but its just laying them out all in a row, so just click the links instead of having the pictures taking up so much space.
Collapse tags, mate ;)

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Allright cool, I'll go watch some of your Ausie smashers then lol

I did it with google sketchup, but over the summer i'm gonna learn Blender so I can make way better images ^^
Both programs are free if you want to get them.

Also i think i'd be kind of funny if when an electric move hits the watery part of the stage it hits everything in the water, but i feel like that would be a little dumb at the same time.

Top Bottom