• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Perfect Smash Bros Concept!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Sound a bit hyperbolic (was that the right word?) but i think i figured it out this is not about Rosters, stages or other
somewhat subjective stuff!

Also yeah i wrote this in Advance!
This is ABOUT fixing the main issue of a smash 6 or 7 (if sakurai already is making 6) How the heck should you please a majority of smash fans? Do you make an Ultimate 2? No thats impossible! But why tho? Because of 3rd parties but think about it outside of licensing What else is problematic about this? You might say: „Sakurai cant do all characters again!“ And i say „He doesnt have to! Every smash game till 64 remade everyone why not reuse the full Hd 60 Fps High Quality models, animations and the basic gameplay from ultimate!“ Okay yeah i hear you reboot camp but dont worry everything you want like cool new mechanics and reworks for certain chars would still happen!
All of you let me explain the 3 step plan:

1st new mode:
Smash Plattforming
Sadly yeah i didnt include a story mode hear but fitting 70+
Chars into it is hard also lets be honest sakurai doesnt have the best trackrecord so far!
Brawl had no Nintendo locations except Dededes castle, Halberd and maybe the abandond zoo from mother 1
and ultimate had basically no story!
And im not that thrilled abot seeing the entire smash cast die a 4th time! But dont worry Story stuff could be added in form of chracter intros maybe its not the main point so back to the three step plan!

Still every Character (or maybe only most get their own Jumpn run and target test stage you might rightly ask thats impossible except all of them use a new and improved stage builder! (of course you can do you own stuff too!
So the only stuff that has to be added would be bosses and enemys!
Because this List isnt about stuff like this i wont tell you which i think make sense just remmeber that we have a lot of hd models and full fights to pull from!
When it come to enemys that might be the most work as the
smashrun roster was firstly on 3ds and secondly had issues Kid icarus havcing more the most and deku scrub octorock anyone? The enemys would have 2-5 attacks a normal in the case of my octy boy (who is the only one i wont budge on fite mi!) they would have a 3 hit jab involving three spit out rocks (funnily an attack used by dekus!) a Special attack by spitting out ink (that slows ya down or something!) and a „smash attack“ really just a dusty cloud with a lot of knockback others like the darknut would have 3 directional real smash attacks and of courtse they can jump!

Step 2:
THE new Mode
Now we reach the meat! The New Mode that replaces special its Special but with a lot of cool new stuff!
You want to be able to give yourself a stock more than your Opponent? Done!
You want to be aq metal Giant while the other players need to band together to beat you! Done!
You want to give everyone his own effect? Done!
You want to play as Giga Bowser...... Wait what?
Yeah the afromentioned Bosses and enemys would be playable in this mode alongside with most of the assist trophies! (only some of the pokemon tho!)
This means chars like midna, Ganon, Geno and others could join the fight with much less work requiered! This fixes the issue of ats being wated (of course you can also determine which assts and pokremon you want to appear!)
This would be a ginourmous change and really shake up the smash formula without the need for a reboot!

Step 3:
Custom Characters!
So you might still be unconvinced after all a reboot means a big Roster shakeup with new moves and reworked chars! (might see where im going already!)

First things first for the Miis:
Multiple sizes return!
All 4 body types from 4 and ultimate return!
Mii Mages
And miitopia switch mii costumizarion!

But also customization for non miis returns although diffrent!
Unlike in smash 4 you dont have 3 specials for everyone after all its not like iceclimbers need to refrence anything else!
But lets take G.Dorf he would get New specials, a new tranformation final smash, some new normals and the choice between trident and the Smash ultimate sword
Yeah the customization extends to weapon choice, maybe diffrent taunts, grabs (give link his hookshot back!), final smashes And you very own Color palettte including diffrent skin colors for certain characters if thats your thing!
This doesnt mean that you can have a red pikachu or something (cus gamefreak!) its not fully fair of course the links would get both new weird and more conventinal movesets! Mario probably gets a full rework too but you know the best thing if you dont like or only like a few changes thats up to you and if a char is imbalanced just use the characzter strength tool that was already in ultimate!

Puh that was a lot! I would love to hear you thoughts and hope most of us can agree on this idea doesnt mean we cant have a smash 3d just that it would be a spinoff or something!

YOUR PERFECT SMASHES:
Here will your own Perfect Smash Concepts land if you have one just post it and i can put it here because Remember Perfect Smash is Adaptable and suits every need!

So here it is:
MY PERFECT SMASH BROS (Base Game)
Keep in mind unlike the Main Concept which is on no ones Side this is A smash That i would Enjoy (of course still realistic)!
1653298455048.png

Here is Every Charcter Choice Explained
I already mentioned the Cuts but here they are again (Characters with „“ Arround them are still Playable only moved turned iinto Customizaton):
Pichu
Young Link
„The Marth Clones“
„Dark Pit“
ZZ Samus
Pirahna Plant
„Doctor Mario“
„Sheik“
Now for the Third Party Cuts:
Sora
Snake
Richter/Simon
Terry
Kazuya
Joker
Sephiroth
Steve
Keep in mind that most of the First Partys Still are there just moved towards the Cuctom Section! And Some of The Third Partys Return for DLC!

Now for the Newcomers:

Toad
The Last Missing Important Mario Character (aside From Rpgs but i doubt theyll make it into the Base Game)

Dixie Kong
Super Requested and third Member of the Dk Crew HUH

Captain Syrup
A Wario Rep eventho i know Ashley is more popular i think adding her would be the better choice!

Impa
Shes Replacing Sheik and uses the same moveset!

Skull kid
Most requested zelda Chracter and i originally wanted to add both him and Vaati i decided Against it because we will have a lot of Baddys

Midna
The most beloved Zelda Sidekick Im Not so hot for her but a Lot Of People are so here you go!

Daruk
I know many want Urbosa but i want a Goron so this is a Great Compromise!

Bandana Waddle Dee
Duh!

Magolor
Marx is already a Boss so magolor will be the villain Representative!

Gooey
I want darkmatter but to be fair gooey is just more loved Damn but i guess he can have a Dark Matter Costume!

Black knight (Ike echo)
We need An Armored Knight and also a FE Villain I Guess

Scizor
To give Pokemon the 8 Full Characters Treatment i added Scizor since You Guys Like Him!

Porky
I love porky and he would fit perfectly to his Stage New Pork City!

Giygas/ Gyiyg (Mewtwo Echo)
You might say 2 New Mother chars i think thats deserved considering how many Games Earthbound Inspired!

Metroid
Yeah enemys Usually Fall under a Diffrent sector But come on The series is named after them!

Krystal
Shes the Last chracter I added and in Because i wanted to be fair To starfox

Sandman
Hes the Only Black nintendo charater that makes Sense to be in smash 6 being the main Antagonist of Punch out!

Octoling (inkling Echo)
Specifically the EVIL Versions also called Octo Amazons in Japan!

Tom Nook (Echo of villager and isabelle)
Animal crossing gort a Giant Game, The most important Animal isnt in its time for nook!

Black shadow (Captain falcon echo)
Again in for fairness!

Eggman
We Gotta Have to have some new third partys in smash and Sonic Needs a New rep so here comes the Eggman

The Human
This would be Pretty Cool having a Undertale character in smash and i think it should be the human!

Mii Mage
Mage GOOD!

Ah yeah if youre interested in my personal dream roster for this game ill tell you but for now bye!

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Sound a bit hyperbolic (was that the right word?) but i think i figured it out this is not about Rosters, stages or other
somewhat subjective stuff!

Also yeah i wrote this in Advance!
This is ABOUT fixing the main issue of a smash 6 or 7 (if sakurai already is making 6) How the heck should you please a majority of smash fans? Do you make an Ultimate 2? No thats impossible! But why tho? Because of 3rd parties but think about it outside of licensing What else is problematic about this? You might say: „Sakurai cant do all characters again!“ And i say „He doesnt have to! Every smash game till 64 remade everyone why not reuse the full Hd 60 Fps High Quality models, animations and the basic gameplay from ultimate!“ Okay yeah i hear you reboot camp but dont worry everything you want like cool new mechanics and reworks for certain chars would still happen!
All of you let me explain the 3 step plan:

1st new mode:
Smash Plattforming
Sadly yeah i didnt include a story mode hear but fitting 70+
Chars into it is hard also lets be honest sakurai doesnt have the best trackrecord so far!
Brawl had no Nintendo locations except Dededes castle, Halberd and maybe the abandond zoo from mother 1
and ultimate had basically no story!
And im not that thrilled abot seeing the entire smash cast die a 4th time! But dont worry Story stuff could be added in form of chracter intros maybe its not the main point so back to the three step plan!

Still every Character (or maybe only most get their own Jumpn run and target test stage you might rightly ask thats impossible except all of them use a new and improved stage builder! (of course you can do you own stuff too!
So the only stuff that has to be added would be bosses and enemys!
Because this List isnt about stuff like this i wont tell you which i think make sense just remmeber that we have a lot of hd models and full fights to pull from!
When it come to enemys that might be the most work as the
smashrun roster was firstly on 3ds and secondly had issues Kid icarus havcing more the most and deku scrub octorock anyone? The enemys would have 2-5 attacks a normal in the case of my octy boy (who is the only one i wont budge on fite mi!) they would have a 3 hit jab involving three spit out rocks (funnily an attack used by dekus!) a Special attack by spitting out ink (that slows ya down or something!) and a „smash attack“ really just a dusty cloud with a lot of knockback others like the darknut would have 3 directional real smash attacks and of courtse they can jump!

Step 2:
THE new Mode
Now we reach the meat! The New Mode that replaces special its Special but with a lot of cool new stuff!
You want to be able to give yourself a stock more than your Opponent? Done!
You want to be aq metal Giant while the other players need to band together to beat you! Done!
You want to give everyone his own effect? Done!
You want to play as Giga Bowser...... Wait what?
Yeah the afromentioned Bosses and enemys would be playable in this mode alongside with most of the assist trophies! (only some of the pokemon tho!)
This means chars like midna, Ganon, Geno and others could join the fight with much less work requiered! This fixes the issue of ats being wated (of course you can also determine which assts and pokremon you want to appear!)
This would be a ginourmous change and really shake up the smash formula without the need for a reboot!

Step 3:
Custom Characters!
So you might still be unconvinced after all a reboot means a big Roster shakeup with new moves and reworked chars! (might see where im going already!)

First things first for the Miis:
Multiple sizes return!
All 4 body types from 4 and ultimate return!
Mii Mages
And miitopia switch mii costumizarion!

But also customization for non miis returns although diffrent!
Unlike in smash 4 you dont have 3 specials for everyone after all its not like iceclimbers need to refrence anything else!
But lets take G.Dorf he would get New specials, a new tranformation final smash, some new normals and the choice between trident and the Smash ultimate sword
Yeah the customization extends to weapon choice, maybe diffrent taunts, grabs (give link his hookshot back!), final smashes And you very own Color palettte including diffrent skin colors for certain characters if thats your thing!
This doesnt mean that you can have a red pikachu or something (cus gamefreak!) its not fully fair of course the links would get both new weird and more conventinal movesets! Mario probably gets a full rework too but you know the best thing if you dont like or only like a few changes thats up to you and if a char is imbalanced just use the characzter strength tool that was already in ultimate!

Puh that was a lot! I would love to hear you thoughts and hope most of us can agree on this idea doesnt mean we cant have a smash 3d just that it would be a spinoff or something!

Ah yeah if youre interested in my personal dream roster for this game ill tell you but for now bye!
I like the special smash mode idea for introducing simplified guest characters. However, it is difficult to determine exactly what a starting point is from what you have said already. That is, the objective is hard to discern.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I like the special smash mode idea for introducing simplified guest characters. However, it is difficult to determine exactly what a starting point is from what you have said already. That is, the objective is hard to discern.
What do you mean by Starting point? try to mark the Passage you meant!

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Ah no thats what you meant! No this isnt a Smashboards creates!
But if you Want to you could give mario 4 New Specials and A new Final Smash!
Alright. As they are, Mario's current specials have a theme-- disruption. While I appreciate the consistency and reasonableness as a descriptor, I would personally opt to swap F.L.U.D.D. for a P.O.W. block. Mario strikes a block with a hammer after winding up for approximately two seconds, depending on how long the specials button is held. All grounded opponents are launched upwards with knockback corresponding to charge times, but without scaling. Mario may roll or shield during the charging period... However, the P.O.W. block does not, and alas, the opponent may slyly smile, and attack or pick up the leftover P.O.W. block, throwing it to use against Mario. As a result, it is very risky trying to use this move in a delicate battle. I am sure many would miss the cape, but I would replace it with this: Mario performs a short, quick leap ahead of himself, and plummets on top of the head of a nearby foe, making for what is essentially a more painful, less predictable version of a footstool. Mario bounces off the head, causing the opponent to collapse, or enter a helpless fall state. This is effective as an edge guard maneuver, since (a) it happens quickly with only a brief and safe descent that can be acted out of shortly after without forcing Mario to a self-destruct, and (b) the tumbling opponent can tell you the rest-- perhaps not in polite words though. The neutral and up specials may remain. Finally, Mario grows into a giant for his final smash, moving faster, hitting harder, and being able to bury grounded opponents by moving into them.

Jotari

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm going to have to echo that the intent here is a bid muddle, and even on a sentence to sentence basis things are a bit unclear as you seem to get distracted with other ideas before you're finished explaining one. It's more a list of ideas than any coherent game mode. The one unifying theme seems to be the point that the graphics don't really need to get any better than they are in Smash Ultimate and that we can reuse the same models in future games, to which I more or less agree. It'll mean future Smash games will lack a defined "look", but I don't see that as much of an issue. As is, Smash 4 and Ultimate look pretty similar to each other.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm going to have to echo that the intent here is a bid muddle, and even on a sentence to sentence basis things are a bit unclear as you seem to get distracted with other ideas before you're finished explaining one. It's more a list of ideas than any coherent game mode. The one unifying theme seems to be the point that the graphics don't really need to get any better than they are in Smash Ultimate and that we can reuse the same models in future games, to which I more or less agree. It'll mean future Smash games will lack a defined "look", but I don't see that as much of an issue. As is, Smash 4 and Ultimate look pretty similar to each other.
Yeah true i get a bit distracted im still searching for someone who can help me take care of this Thread! but what is unclear?
Luckily the Graphics bit seems to be understandable!
(Also im german so my english sucks)

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Im gonna push this up because i think everyone should see this Concept Im just really Proud of it!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Double posting warning issued
Let me Update this Thread:
Here i have ideas for possible Cuts:

Sooooo.... its been months since i wrote this and i still dont have internet and my switch is charging so let me write my Concept for Smash 6! This has as much validitity as any other Fair Concept (For example as long as Bandana Dee is in i have not many Complaints!) And as i maybe Stated if Sakurai is doing this doesnt matter but he should (atleast the basic Concept as listed above!)
Keep in mind this concept was made arround 02.04.22 and i only beat the main story of Forgotten Land but i already know a Pretty obvious secret boss and im sure the rest is just recolours! So yeah first.....

THE CUTS DOMM DOMM DAAMMM
(Dont wory a lot of cut chars become Costumes/ and alternate Moves)
First lets start with the less needed cuts The 1st/2nd Party ones!

1st /2nd Parties

1st Pichu
Sadly the little one has too go and believe me i love pichu i played Ranger 3 after all (its a amazing game you cowards)
but we DONT need 2 pokemon in the same evolution line in smash and sadly there is no way of making Pichu part of the Customization wexecept for a Self Damage/ Higher Attack option for Pikachu!

2nd All the Marth Clones (icluding Roy)
DUH but „marth“ gets 5 new Specials that being roys + Aether and 3 Skins that being his clones aswell as 3 Tipper Options thzat being back, front and none! Marths animations are genric except for his 3 extra taunts 1 per char!

3rd Young Link (Are you now beliving me i literally main him?)
Obviously we have to have 1 Smol Link and Toon is just the Better choice! But There would be a Toon-Young Hero of Time Skin for Toon link!
Asweel as toon link getting some new attacks and taunts and other Things!

4th Dark Pit
Hes Literally a dark clone opf pit and its not like dark link gets to be Playable so yeah he gets a costume and Pit gets 2 Movesets one Classic Nes Styled one (its the Brawl Moveset) and a Uprisisng one (Smash 4)

5th Zero Suit Samus
I mean you play as her once also it would be weird having more samuses than both marios and links (And yeah i know Dark samus isnt her it just bother me) and i think everyone prefers a Metroid and Some Other Character as a Playable Char! ( I only know metroid 1 and 2)

6th Pirahna Plant
Insert a Zelda Cdi GOOD in here! (also could be an Enemy)

3rd PARTIES
So now for the Guys That dont sting me like Crazy!
The 3rd Parties because lets be honest cutting some Companys out of the Base Game is Neccesary!

7th Sora (Disney)
Hes From Disney do i have to say more?

This one will hurt:
8th -10th Snake/ Simon/ Richter (Konami)
Getting mr Pachinko Overload out of here makes sense eventho yeah....

11th Terry Bogard (Snk)
Considering how unknown he was to many before his reveal i think its fine!

Thats it for Companys that we can kick out without causing a Riot!
Now for a few Characters that get the (potential) DLC Boot!

12th Kazuya
Harada. (no im not giving Context)

13th Joker
Relativly obscure so saved for Dlc Sadly

14th Sephiroth
Square enix sadly cant be removed beacuse Hero is (Desrvedly) really popular in japan and cloud being removed would be unfair for us westerners but im sure Sephi wil get hold back!

15th Steve
Banjo being removed would be devastating even if just for DLC so Steve has to bite the Bullet!

So you might have realized we just shaved of more than the Dlc Packs So Thats Good!

Alright. As they are, Mario's current specials have a theme-- disruption. While I appreciate the consistency and reasonableness as a descriptor, I would personally opt to swap F.L.U.D.D. for a P.O.W. block. Mario strikes a block with a hammer after winding up for approximately two seconds, depending on how long the specials button is held. All grounded opponents are launched upwards with knockback corresponding to charge times, but without scaling. Mario may roll or shield during the charging period... However, the P.O.W. block does not, and alas, the opponent may slyly smile, and attack or pick up the leftover P.O.W. block, throwing it to use against Mario. As a result, it is very risky trying to use this move in a delicate battle. I am sure many would miss the cape, but I would replace it with this: Mario performs a short, quick leap ahead of himself, and plummets on top of the head of a nearby foe, making for what is essentially a more painful, less predictable version of a footstool. Mario bounces off the head, causing the opponent to collapse, or enter a helpless fall state. This is effective as an edge guard maneuver, since (a) it happens quickly with only a brief and safe descent that can be acted out of shortly after without forcing Mario to a self-destruct, and (b) the tumbling opponent can tell you the rest-- perhaps not in polite words though. The neutral and up specials may remain. Finally, Mario grows into a giant for his final smash, moving faster, hitting harder, and being able to bury grounded opponents by moving into them.
I now read it more closely and while these are good Specials (not my Choices but This is the Perfect Smash so that doesnt matter) you do have to rewrite this cause The Perfect Smash has Custom Move so these Wouldnt Replace Marios Attacks they would be Selectable!

Top Bottom