• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Perfect Roster

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Rosalina honestly feel misplaced, both Rosalina and Palutena. I can easily see them cut.
Cut Piranha Plant first, it's far more misplaced than any character on the roster.

Also I'd rather not see Smash go full Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite and cut all of its female characters, especially characters with unique movesets that happen to be the mascots of Super Mario Galaxy and Kid Icarus Uprising, two of the most critically acclaimed and beloved Nintendo games of all time.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Rosalina honestly feel misplaced, both Rosalina and Palutena. I can easily see them cut.
The Kid Icarus series is named after Palutena in Japan. Cutting Palutena would be like cutting Zelda; it seems like it would be difficult to justify either decision.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Cut Piranha Plant first, it's far more misplaced than any character on the roster.

Also I'd rather not see Smash go full Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite and cut all of its female characters, especially characters with unique movesets that happen to be the mascots of Super Mario Galaxy and Kid Icarus Uprising, two of the most memorable Nintendo games of all time.
That's upsetting. Thanks for reminding me. I actually want Lyn, Adeleine and Coco Bandicoot in.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion

Rosalina:

- Playable in 3D World and was even part of the marketing.
- Has a good backstory and an air of mystique surrounding her that was such a huge hit that she later appeared in practically every spin-off and made it into Smash as well, being one of the most popular first party inclusions.
- She had a major appearance in both Galaxy games, her games of origin, and those are among the most successful Mario games and are widely lauded as the best 3D Marios.
- Nintendo now considers her part of the core cast of Mario characters.

Palutena:

- Kid Icarus literally named after her in Japan
- Is very much important to the series being the one who aids Pit in his quests
- Kid Icarus: Uprising was one of the most critically acclaimed 3DS games out there for a while and I believe still is.
- Was also among the more popular first party newcomers and was very heavily speculated beforehand.

Sure, makes sense.

This being said, if there was a reboot that cut like half of the cast, I can see Rosie being the most expendable Mario character besides the obvious Plant and Doctor with only Jr. possibly having a chance to get cut before her.

Meanwhile, DP is the likeliest KI character to get cut and Palutena seems pretty safe.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
PerfectSmashRoster.jpeg

Sorry about the lack of flair in it, but still working on it. First, no cuts at all. I don't like cuts. Spoilers for the who's who.
New Franchises will be at the bottom
Mario- Added Captain Toad, King Boo, Waluigi and Paper Mario
Game and Watch- No Changes
Donkey Kong- Added Funky Kong (e), Dixie Kong and Cranky Kong
Yoshi- Added Kamek
Wario- Added Mona and Captain Syrup
Splatoon- Added Octoling (e)
ROB- No Changes
Legend Of Zelda- Added Impa, Midna, Ghirahim, Skull Kid and Tingle
Metroid- Added Sylux
Kid Icarus- Added Medusa (e)
Duck Hunt- No Changes
Ice Climbers- No Changes
Kirby- Added Bandana Dee, Marx, Magalor and Susie
Mother- Added Porky
F-Zero- Added Black Shadow (e) and Samurai Goroh
Star Fox- Added Krystal
Animal Crossing- Added K K Slider and Mr. Resetti
Punch Out- Added Glass Joe (e) and King Hippo
Pikmin- Added Alph (e) and Louie
Pokemon- Added Flygon, Victini, Decidueye, Mimikyu and a Substitute as a placeholder for whatever Gen 8 Pokemon I like the most.
Fire Emblem- No Changes
Xenoblade- Added Elma and Rex
Wii Fit- No Changes
All Current 3rd Party Series- No Changes
And the new series, I add:
  • The Mysterious Murasame Castle- Takamaru
  • Chibi Robo- Chibi Robo
  • Custom Robo- Ray MK III
  • Wonderful 101- Wonder Red
  • Mach Rider - Mach Rider
  • The Legendary Starfy- Starfy
  • Dillon's Rolling West- Dillon
  • Golden Sun- Issac
  • Advanced Wars- Andy and Sami
  • Sin and Punishment- Saki
  • Rhythm Heaven- Karate Joe
  • Style Savvy- Trendsetter
  • Joy Mech Fight- Sukapon
  • ARMS- Spring Man and Twintelle
  • Crash Bandicoot- Crash
  • Danganronpa- Monokuma
  • Sypro- Spyro the Dragon
  • Kingdom Hearts- Sora
  • Shovel Knight- Shovel Knight
  • Shantae- Shantae
  • Tomb Raider- Lara Croft

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Well, the renewed activity on here inspired me to finish up my 3rd and likely final for a while iteration of my menu. I had a rough draft of this finished before E3, but I wanted to wait until the next Fighter's Pass characters were revealed so I could update them accordingly.

MYMENU3.png

New Characters:
Spyro the Dragon (Spyro)
Yuri Lowell (Tales of)
Starfy (The Legendary Starfy)
Hat Kid (A Hat in Time)
Reimu (Touhou)
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
Yu Narukami (Persona)
Jibanyan (Yokai Watch)
Arle (Puyo Puyo)
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
Trendsetter (Style Savvy)
Prince Sable (The Frog for Whom the Bell Tolls)
Ray MKIII (Custom Robo)
Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)
Rayman (Rayman)

I also updated Banjo-Kazooie and Dragon Quest to fit their Official Renders.

Theoretically, even though I didn't show alternate costumes, they would mainly consist of:
Koopalings for Bowser Jr.
Alph, Brittany, Charlie, and Louie for Olimar
Female Pokemon Trainer
Male Inkling
Female Robin
Female Corrin
Male Wii Fit Trainer
Female Villager
Alex for Steve
Heroines for Hero
Tom Nook, K.K. Slider, Able Sisters for Villager/Isabelle

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
View attachment 229495
Sorry about the lack of flair in it, but still working on it. First, no cuts at all. I don't like cuts. Spoilers for the who's who.
New Franchises will be at the bottom
Mario- Added Captain Toad, King Boo, Waluigi and Paper Mario
Game and Watch- No Changes
Donkey Kong- Added Funky Kong (e), Dixie Kong and Cranky Kong
Yoshi- Added Kamek
Wario- Added Mona and Captain Syrup
Splatoon- Added Octoling (e)
ROB- No Changes
Legend Of Zelda- Added Impa, Midna, Ghirahim, Skull Kid and Tingle
Metroid- Added Sylux
Kid Icarus- Added Medusa (e)
Duck Hunt- No Changes
Ice Climbers- No Changes
Kirby- Added Bandana Dee, Marx, Magalor and Susie
Mother- Added Porky
F-Zero- Added Black Shadow (e) and Samurai Goroh
Star Fox- Added Krystal
Animal Crossing- Added K K Slider and Mr. Resetti
Punch Out- Added Glass Joe (e) and King Hippo
Pikmin- Added Alph (e) and Louie
Pokemon- Added Flygon, Victini, Decidueye, Mimikyu and a Substitute as a placeholder for whatever Gen 8 Pokemon I like the most.
Fire Emblem- No Changes
Xenoblade- Added Elma and Rex
Wii Fit- No Changes
All Current 3rd Party Series- No Changes
And the new series, I add:
  • The Mysterious Murasame Castle- Takamaru
  • Chibi Robo- Chibi Robo
  • Custom Robo- Ray MK III
  • Wonderful 101- Wonder Red
  • Mach Rider - Mach Rider
  • The Legendary Starfy- Starfy
  • Dillon's Rolling West- Dillon
  • Golden Sun- Issac
  • Advanced Wars- Andy and Sami
  • Sin and Punishment- Saki
  • Rhythm Heaven- Karate Joe
  • Style Savvy- Trendsetter
  • Joy Mech Fight- Sukapon
  • ARMS- Spring Man and Twintelle
  • Crash Bandicoot- Crash
  • Danganronpa- Monokuma
  • Sypro- Spyro the Dragon
  • Kingdom Hearts- Sora
  • Shovel Knight- Shovel Knight
  • Shantae- Shantae
  • Tomb Raider- Lara Croft
Amazing roster. Basically the best roster I could ask for. I also just realized Mr. Resetti is a deserving Animal Crossing newcomer while Tom Nook always felt forced to me. Doc Louis if I had to choose only one Punch Out newcomer, but King Hippo would still be cool.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Mario: :ultmario:(:ultdoc:alt):ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultbowserjr:(alts:ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig:):ultrosalina: waluigi :ultpiranha:
(:ultpiranha: would have never came to mind but now it’s here)

Yoshi :ultyoshi: poochy, kamek

Pokémon:ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer:(:ultcharizard: specifically):ultlucario::ultgreninja:decidueye, gen 3 pokemon! gen 2 pokemon gen 8 pokemon,

Metroid :ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley::ultdarksamus: sylux

Donkey Kong :ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool: dixie

Mother :ultness::ultlucas: porky

Custom character :ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:, mage class

Fire emblem :ultmarth::ultroy::ultike::ultrobin::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultcorrin: three houses rep

Kirby :ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede: bandana dee

Zelda :ultlink::ultganondorf::ultzelda::ultsheik: tingle, girahim, skull kid

Animal crossing :ultvillager: :ultisabelle: tom nook

Warioware :ultwario: ashley

Star fox :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf: crystal

Punch out :ultlittlemac:

Classic/retro Nintendo characters :ultrob::ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultgnw: takamaru, Mach rider, balloon fighter

Xenoblade :ultshulk: rex & pyra

Splatoon :ultinkling: octoling

F-zero :ultfalcon: black shadow, samurai goro

Kid Icarus :ultpit: (:ultdarkpit: alt) :ultpalutena: Medusa, Viridi

Pikmin :ultolimar:

Wii fit :ultwiifittrainer:

Third party :ultsonic: tails, knuckles, shadow, :ultmegaman: Protoman, :ultpacman::ultbanjokazooie::ultryu::ultken: akuma, :ultbayonetta::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultjoker::ultcloud::ulthero: geno, Crash bandicoot, rayman, ryu hayabusa, doom guy, Mk rep, bomberman

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Mario: :ultmario:(:ultdoc:alt):ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultbowserjr:(alts:ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig:):ultrosalina: waluigi :ultpiranha:
(:ultpiranha: would have never came to mind but now it’s here)

Pokémon:ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer:(:ultcharizard: specifically):ultlucario::ultgreninja:decidueye, gen 3 pokemon! gen 2 pokemon gen 8 pokemon,

Metroid :ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley::ultdarksamus: sylux

Donkey Kong :ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool: dixie

Mother :ultness::ultlucas: porky

Custom character :ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:, mage class

Fire emblem :ultmarth::ultroy::ultike::ultrobin::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultcorrin: three houses rep

Kirby :ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede: bandana dee

Zelda :ultlink::ultganondorf::ultzelda::ultsheik: tingle, girahim, skull kid

Animal crossing :ultvillager: :ultisabelle: tom nook

Warioware :ultwario: ashley

Star fox :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf: crystal

Punch out :ultlittlemac:

Classic/retro Nintendo characters :ultrob::ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultgnw: takamaru, Mach rider, balloon fighter

Xenoblade :ultshulk: rex & pyra

Splatoon :ultinkling: octoling

F-zero :ultfalcon: black shadow, samurai goro

Kid Icarus :ultpit: (:ultdarkpit: alt) :ultpalutena: Medusa, Viridi

Pikmin :ultolimar:

Wii fit :ultwiifittrainer:

Third party :ultsonic: tails, knuckles, shadow, :ultmegaman: Protoman, :ultpacman::ultbanjokazooie::ultryu::ultken: akuma, :ultbayonetta::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultjoker::ultcloud::ulthero: geno, Crash bandicoot, rayman, ryu hayabusa, doom guy, Mk rep
*ahem* :ultyoshi:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Kinda did something close to this for a general thread post back in August:

Zeox said:
67 + 6 clones = 73 characters
Now try to add 27 characters to make it 100, extra points if you go for variety of franchises and not just grab 20 pokemons.
Very well.

1) Geno (Mario RPG franchise)
2) Vaati (Legend of Zelda Franchise)
3) Lark/Nester (Pilotwings/Virtual Boy/Nintendo Power franchise)
4) Crono (Chrono Trigger Franchise)
5) Team Rocket (Pokémon Franchise)
6) Lanky Kong (Donkey Kong Franchise)
7) Lola Pop (echo of Lanky Kong... or is Lanky the echo? ARMs Franchise)
8) Bonk (Bonk Franchise)
9) Mike Jones (Star Tropics Franchise)
10) Henry Fleming (Codename STEAM franchise)
11) Andy (Advance Wars Franchise)
12) Arvis/Alvis (Fire Emblem Franchise)
13) Bub and Bob (Bubble Bobble/Puzzle Bobble/Bust a Move franchises)
14) Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden Franchise)
15) Porky (Earthbound Franchise)
16) Pico (F-Zero Franchise)
17) Toad (With Toadette, Captain Toad, and Toadsworth alts, Super Mario Franchise)
18) Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby Franchise)
19) Tails (Sonic Franchise)
20) Harry (Teleroboxer Franchise)
21) Medusa (Kid Icarus Franchise)
22) Bald Bull/Masked Wrestler (Punch Out/Arm Wrestling franchises)
23) Isabelle (Animal Crossing franchise)
24) Isaac (Golden Sun Franchise)
25) Dillon (Dillon’s Rolling Western Franchise)
26) Mallo (Pushmo/Crashmo Franchise)
27) Yoshimitsu (Soul Calibur Franchise with a Tekken Nod)

Cycrum

Smash Apprentice
This is about as good as I could make it. I wanted to expand Smash from being a game celebrating Nintendo's history with a few third party guests sprinkled in to a celebration of gaming as a whole. Because of that, I put in hardly any new first party characters and went all-out with third party characters. Realism be darned! This is the ideal roster to me. (for now, at least)

Truly Ultimate Roster.png

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
I'll try it. I'm gonna do 100 characters (since we all know that's going to be Smash 6's selling point).
I'll also give everyone a home stage.

MARIO
01 Mario (Mushroom Kingdom 1-1)
02 Luigi (Luigi's Mansion)
03 Peach (Princess Peach's Castle)
03* Daisy (Mario Circuit)
04 Bowser (Bowser Castle)
05 Dr. Mario (Dr. Mario's Lab)
06 Rosalina & Luma (Mario Galaxy)
07 Bowser Jr. (Delfino Plaza)
08 Piranha Plant (Dinosaur Island)
09 Captain Toad / Toadette (Mount Beanpole)
10 Waluigi (Rainbow Ride)
11 Geno (Forest Maze)

I've kept everyone, then I added Captain Toad (with Toadette as a skin) because Toad deserves a spot in Smash and the Captain version is his most unique incarnation. Waluigi is my populist pick. Geno is the fan-favorite.
Daisy is still a 1:1 echo to Peach.
That's a lot of characters, but eh, it's Mario.

DONKEY KONG
12 Donkey Kong (Jungle Hijinx)
13 Diddy Kong (Bramble Scramble)
14 Dixie Kong (Grassland Groove)
15 King K. Rool (Gangplank Galleon)
16 Cranky Kong (Jungle Japes)

Kept everyone and added 2 characters, since DK never really got many characters. Dixie (my most wanted) is a unique fighter. Cranky is, too. He bounces on his cane, throws dentures, has severe instances of backpain which cause him to fall to the ground suddenly while he breaks any shield he comes into contact with, he lectures you etc.
I love DK characters, and I think these 5 represent the series perfectly. Dixie is the highest priority, though.

ZELDA
17 Link [Breath of the Wild] (Great Plateau Tower)
18 Zelda (Temple)
19 Ganondorf (Bridge of Eldin)
20 Young Link (Lost Woods)
21 Sheik (Gerudo Valley)
21* Impa (Skyloft)
22 Skull Kid (Great Bay)
23 Toon Link (Pirate Ship)

Kept everyone. Toon Link now uses items from Wind Waker for his specials, like the Deku Leaf, the Skull Hammer and the Grappling Hook. Link and Young Link remain the same, as do Zelda and Sheik. Ganondorf stays mostly the same but he gets Dead Man Volley instead of Wizard's Foot.
Impa is a Sheik echo.
Skull Kid is the newcomer. I feel like he is the most iconic Zelda character not playable yet.
He floats around and he gets some Skull Kid-specific abilities (namely, he can shoot venomous needles from his panflute like in OoT and evoke those puppets that he manouvered in TP), some Majora's Mask-specific abilities (the mask shoots a powerful beam, he evokes spinning tops that he launches towards you with magic whips, he curses you into becoming a small tree which works essentialy like Mewtwo's Disable) and he summons Odolwa, Gyorg, Twinmold or Goht's remains to shoot bubbles of light. The final smash is Majora's Wrath.

METROID
24 Samus (Brinstar)
24* Dark Samus (Sanctuary Fortress)
25 Ridley (Norfair)
26 Zero Suit Samus (Chozo Ruins)

I'm a big Metroid fan and I know that I'll say something unpopular, but Samus and Dark Samus work really well as they are now, to me. Ridley and Zamus of course are already perfect. So everyone stays the same.
I tried to give Metroid a bit more love through the stages, which now better represent the beautiful and varied locales of the series. Brinstar is reworked, now it is a very big stage with an upper section characterized by a sprawling vegetation (Brinstar Green), and a lower section with red soil and water (Brinstar Red). Also, no acid in sight.

YOSHI
27 Yoshi (Yoshi's Island)

Not much to say here.

KIRBY
28 Kirby (Green Greens)
29 Meta Knight (Battleship Halberd)
30 King Dedede (Fountain of Dreams)
31 Bandana Dee (The Great Cave Offensive)
32 Marx (Hyper Zone)

Kirby gets 2 newcomers, too. Bandana Dee is here for the fan requests, Marx because of legacy reasons and because he would have an awesome moveset.

STARFOX
33 Fox (Corneria)
34 Falco (Meteo)
35 Wolf (Venom)

Starfox stays the same. I'm not too big on Krystal, and Andross won't be playable until he gets a more humanoid form in a canon game.

POKEMON
36 Pikachu (Saffron City)
37 Jigglypuff (M/N Anne)
38 Pichu (Lumiose City)
39 Mewtwo (Pokè Floats)
40 Pokèmon Trainer [Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard] (Pokèmon Stadium)
41 Lucario (Spear Pillar)
42 Greninja (Kalos Pokèmon League)
43 Incineroar (Alola)

Pokèmon stays the same, too. In Smash I like everyone of them a lot, but I'm not too big on the series and I don't have any particular want. Plus, I think they're enough. They get a couple new stages, though.
Also, I'm gonna cheat and count Pokèmon Trainer as one.

EARTHBOUND
44 Ness (Onett)
44* Ninten (Magicant)
45 Lucas (Saturn Valley)
46 Porky (New Pork City)

Ninten has Ness's moveset but with Lucas special moves (he's mostly here because I didn't want to cut Magicant).
Porky is the newcomer. He fights on his spider bot from Earthbound, but he gets the clothes he has in Mother 3. He shoots lasers, slams into you, launches Porky Bots, releases stinky gas, he can conjure up a shield/reflector, he has a move that drains HPs from you... he plays like a bully, with moves taken from both his appearances and from Mother's robotic enemies.
Final Smash: the Devil's Machine appears on stage, Porky turns it off and unleashes Giygas on the battlefield.

F-ZERO
47 Captain Falcon (Port Town)
47* Blood Falcon (Big Blue)
48 Samurai Goroh (Red Canyon)

Blood Falcon is 1:1 with Cap. Falcon, like Simon and Richter. He gets a different idle, different voice clips, and his flames are dark blue. That's it.
Samurai Goroh is the newcomer. I feel like F-Zero deserves it, after all these Smash games.
He has a move where his spins around himself with his sword unsheated out (it mirrors the attack you can do in F-Zero when you make the machine spin around itself), kinda like Link's cyclone but it is a side B and he can move on the ground. He has a more precise sword attack that deals a lot of damage but as a tiny sweetspot (mirroring the other offensive attack you can do in F-Zero GX). He gets a rocket belt to launch himself upward at incredible speed which is his recovery (mirroring F-Zero's boost power). He gets a counter in which he creates an illusory copy of himself (a reference to the staff ghost). Rest of the moveset is composed of rough and reckless sword swings.

ICE CLIMBER
49 Ice Climbers (The Summit)

1:1 with Ultimate, I love the pair but there's not much you can do with the series.

FIRE EMBLEM
50 Marth (Castle Siege)
50* Lucina (Arena Ferox)
51 Roy (Coliseum)
51* Chrom (Arena Ferox)
52 Ike (Daein Kingdom)
53 Robin (Arena Ferox)
54 Corrin (Opera House)

Fire Emblem stays as it is. I don't like cutting characters but I think the series already has more than enough.
Chrom, Robin and Lucina all share the same stage, Arena Ferox.
Ike's stage is Daein Kingdom as it appeared in Path of Radiance, so it's covered in mud and snow. Enemy troops and wyverns attack you.

GAME & WATCH
55 Mr. Game & Watch (Flat Zone)

Duh. Flat Zone goes back to how it was in Melee.

KID ICARUS
56 Pit (Skyworld)
56* Dark Pit (Reset Bomb Forest)
57 Palutena (Palutena's Temple)
57* Medusa (Underworld)

Mostly the same, but Medusa gets in as a Palutena echo. She gets a couple of Palutena's old custom moves in Smash 4 and more aggressive animations. The rest stays the same.

WARIO
58 Wario (Stonecarving City)
59 Ashley (Wario Ware, Inc.)

Ashley is a newcomer due to fan requests. Dunno how she would play, though.

PIKMIN
60 Olimar (Wistful Wild)
60* Alph (Garden of Hope)

Alph finally receives justice and is now a proper echo.
Wistful Wild is a beautiful autumnal stage.

R.O.B.
61 R.O.B. (Wrecking Crew)

Just like in Ultimate, but this time Wrecking Crew is officially R.O.B.'s home stage.

ANIMAL CROSSING
62 Villager (Smashville)
63 Isabelle (Tortimer Island)

Not much to say here.

Wii FIT
64 Wii Fit Trainer (Wii Fit Studio)

PUNCH-OUT
65 Little Mac (Boxing Ring)

XENOBLADE
66 Shulk (Gaur Plain)
67 Elma (Sylvalum)

I chose Elma as the second Xenoblade character. She's a lot cooler than Rex and Xeno X's locations are phenomenal and more dinstinct from Xeno 1.
Kinda sorry for Rex fans, but eh.

DUCK HUNT
68 Duck Hunt (Duck Hunt)

Duck Hunt.

SPLATOON
69 Inkling (Moray Towers)
70 Octoling (Urchin Underpass)

The Octolings get in, not as echoes but as semi-clones.

GOLDEN SUN
71 Isaac (Venus Lighthouse)

Don't have much to say, but come on. It's about time he gets playable.

ADVANCE WARS
72 Andy (Orange Star Nation)

I think Wars and Golden Sun are really iconic of the GBA era and both deserve to be playable. Andy gets a moveset based on the creation and deployment of units and resource management.

DOSHIN THE GIANT
73 Doshin (Barudo Island)

This is a personal pick. I'd love Doshin. He's just so weird, and he could have a mechanic in which you snap between the love giant and the hate giant. He could create landmarks on the terrain (as the love giant) and later destroy them (as the hate giant). He could also have a mechanic which makes him get bigger or shrink depending on how much he creates or destroys.
Plus, Doshin music is amazing.

ETERNAL DARKNESS
74 Alexandra (Trapper Dimension)

I'd love to see Eternal Darkness in Smash. Alexandra's moveset would revolve around the different sanity effects that were in the game, and she could also summon her ancestors. The stage is the dimension where the Ancients reside.

SIN & PUNISHMENT
75 Saki (Tokyo)
75* Isa (Mt. Fuji)

Sin & Punishment is another one of Nintendo's minor series that would work really well in Smash.
Isa is Saki's echo. They get abilities from both games, ala Belmont. You do combos with sword slashes and kicks, you of course get a reflector, you shoot in 360 degrees, you can float for a certain time, in the final smash you turn into a Ruffian.
The stages are both travelling stages, and they're filled with over-the-top action and gigantic monsters and army of robots that interfere with the fight. Mt. Fuji also gets volcanic rains and that giant lion-like monster that chases after you.

CHIBI-ROBO
76 Chibi-Robo (Living Room)

Yep, another secondary franchise. Chibi's gimmick is based around recharging his batteries.

ARMS
77 Spring Man (Spring Stadium)

Don't have much interest in Arms, but I feel obliged to put him in.

MOLE MANIA
78 Muddy Mole (Jinbe's Farm)

The token retro rep. Muddy attacks with his claws and throws spiky balls, but his main gimmick is his ability to dig holes. You can dig two holes and then they work like portals, whatever (or whoever) falls inside a hole comes out of the other one. So, for example, you just shot your opponent on the other side of the stage, so you throw the spiky ball inside the hole, it comes out of the other hole just behind him and you get a KO.
Dunno about the final smash. Victory animation is him reuniting with his family members.

PANEL DE PON
79 Lip (Panel de Pon)

I think she could be fun, I read a couple of very interesting movesets for her. The stage is just a normal game of Panel de Pon, kinda like Duck Hunt.

METAL GEAR SOLID
80 Snake (Shadow Moses Island)

Just like in Ultimate.

SONIC
81 Sonic (City Escape)
81* Tails (Green Hill Zone)
82 Knuckles (Death Egg)

Yep. No Shadow. But you get Tails as a Sonic echo (just changing the up B and some animations), and Knuckles as a wholly original newcomer.
Sonic has been in every Smash since Brawl, if there's a third party series that deserves a *true* second character, that's his. Plus, this way you get all three of the classic trio.

MEGAMAN
83 Megaman (Wily's Castle)

Already perfect as it is in Ultimate.

PAC-MAN
84 Pac-Man (Pac-Maze)

Pac-man returns, but this time his stage is the one he had on Smash 3DS. It's just way more iconic.

STREET FIGHTER
85 Ryu (Suzaku Castle)
85* Ken (Battle Harbor)

The news is that Ken gets his stage.

FINAL FANTASY
86 Cloud (Midgar)

Cloud and Midgar are perfectly realized in my opinion, I'd like some more music though, even if just from FF7.

BAYONETTA
87 Bayonetta (Umbra Clock Tower)

Duh.

CASTLEVANIA
88 Simon (Dracula's Castle)
88* Richter (Burning Village)

Same as Ultimate, but Richter gets his stage too: the burning village you visit at the beginning of Rondo of Blood. But it's based on the Dracula X version.

PERSONA
89 Joker (Mementos)

Can't see much to change or to add.

DRAGON QUEST
90 Hero (Yggradasil's Altar)

Same as Ultimate, maybe add some more alt. costumers, dunno.

BANJO-KAZOOIE
91 Banjo-Kazooie (Spiral Mountain)

Same as Ultimate. Bear & bird and their stage are just so beautiful...

DOOM
92 Doom Slayer (Hell's Gate)

I think Doom is really fitting and exciting as a 3d party universe to get in Smash.
The series is historical and a cornerstone of FPS, and it also always had a good presence on Nintendo consoles. Doomguy himself is plenty iconic, he's so different from the rest of the Smash cast.
Plus, DEATH METAL. I think he would be an amazing addition. Actually, I think he's in Ultimate's fighter pass.

BOMBERMAN
93 Bomberman (Bomber Base)

Come on, the little guy deserves his spot. He's got plenty of moveset potential. Normal bombs (which can be thrown in the air or kicked on the ground), pumped bombs (slow but devastating), timed bombs, motion-seeking bombs, red bombs (they could explode in the X shape since I guess the normal bombs' explosion would be circular), even some gadgets from Hero like the bomber-copter...
Bomberman would be based around having lots of different types of bombs and lots of versatility. The catch is that, if he gets caught in his own explosion, he gets damaged too, just like in the original games, so he has to be careful when he utilizes his arsenal.
The stage is the Bomber Base from Bomberman Hero. Of course there's a remix of Redial there. Louie is his final smash.
Come on, he's just such a perfect fit.

METAL SLUG
94 Marco (Desert Drifting)

Just like the DQ Heroes, you have 4 characters in one: Marco, Tarma, Eri and Fio.
The moveset has all of Metal Slug's weapons: pistol, heavy machine gun, bomb, rocket lawncher, laser gun, fire bomb, knife, punches and kicks... For the final smash you jump on the Metal Slug itself.
The stage is based on Metal Slug 2's opening stage.
I'm not sure if they're 100% deserving, but the series IS iconic, has Nintendo presence, could serve as SNK's representative and... I just really love the games.

RAYMAN
95 Rayman (Glade of Dreams)

Don't care too much about him, but he's very requested and fairly deserving. I didn't like Origins but I love its music, so getting those songs is s a plus.

NO MORE HEROES
96 Travis Touchdown (Santa Destroy)

Bring him in.

RESIDENT EVIL
97 Leon (El Pueblo)

Resident Evil 4 was a very big game on the Gamecube (it was even exclusive for a while) and it revolutionated the survival horror genre, so I think Resident Evil's representation in Smash should be based on it.
This means that Leon's got his obligatory leather jacket. The stage has no zombies, but you get the ganados.
The moveset could be based around resource management and survival. With some good suplexes here and there, of course.

TEKKEN
98 Heihachi (Mishima Dojo)

Don't care or know much about Tekken, but since Namco has been so involved with Smash they kinda deserve a second rep, and I think this is the bests choice.

CRASH
99 Crash (N. Sanity Beach)

The people have spoken. Crash they want, and Crash they shall receive.

UNDERTALE
100. Frisk (MTT Resort)

Undertale is, I think, the indie game that managed to break into pop culture more than any other one. It's on Nintendo; and it's inspired by Mother. It deserves a spot.
But I think the playable character should be Frisk, not Sans. Sans could make a cameo in the moveset, though.
Frisk would mostly attack with his knife, his special moves would be Phone Call (he evokes one of his friends depending on how long you press B. The order is this: Papyrus is a very weak counter ala Incineroar's Revenge, Toriel grants you super armor, Undyne deals a lot of damage but poor shield pressure, and finally Sans deals very poor damage but breaks shields like no tomorrow, fitting to his dark second nature); Determination which has him turn into a pixelated heart to better evade moves, a ride on Napstablook's head (the recovery), and I dunno... launching a snowball or something like that?
Final Smash is all of Frisk's friends ganging up on the opponent like at the end of the pacifist run.
Stage is MTT Resort, so we can have cameos of all of Undertale's NPCs.

That's it. Send this to Sakurai, wait a few years and then thank me later.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Did another iteration of my menu, this time just added subtitles.
MYMENU4Subtitled.png

As before, the theoretical alts for this would be:
Female Pokemon Trainer
Male Inkling
Female Robin
Female Corrin
Male Wii Fit Trainer
Female Villager
Alex for Steve
Heroines for Hero

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Did another iteration of my menu, this time just added subtitles.
View attachment 230144

As before, the theoretical alts for this would be:
Female Pokemon Trainer
Male Inkling
Female Robin
Female Corrin
Male Wii Fit Trainer
Female Villager
Alex for Steve
Heroines for Hero
God lee, that's everything :surprised: Smash speculation will cease to exist by this point.

nanananananan

Smash Rookie
FIRST PARTY
Super Mario: Mario, Luigi (based in Luigi's Mansion 3, with two Gooigi alt) Peach (based in Super Princess Peach), Bowser and Daisy (based in the sport spin-offs) [5]

Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong teamup, and King K. Rool. Also Donkey Kong Jr. as an arcade rep. [5]

The Legend of Zelda: OoT Link, BoTW Link (based around the Sheikah Slate), Zelda, Ganondorf (decloned), and Tingle. [5]

Metroid: Samus (now with the Samus Returns counterattack and a Aeion Final Smash), Dark Samus (decloned, with a Phazon down-b), Ridley and Sylux. [4]

Yoshi: Yoshi, Shy Guy (composite character) and Piranha Plant. [3]

Kirby: Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Bandana Waddle Dee, Animal Friends (based in the Dream Land trilogy). [4]

Starfox: Fox, Falco (still a semi-clone) and Krystal. Maybe a Starfox 2 rep. [3-4]

Pokémon: Pikachu (with a Pichu alt), Mewtwo, Pokémon Trainer (with a Blue alt) and Lucario. [4]

MOTHER/Earthbound: Ninten, Ness and Lucas (decloned, with his normal attacks based in MOTHER 3's combo system and a PSI Love Final Smash). [3]

F-ZERO: Captain Falcon (with a Wheeler alt) and Dark Shadow (basically Smash 4 Ganondorf). [2]

Fire Emblem: Marth (with a Chrom alt), Ike, Tiki and Anna. Maybe also Roy. [4-5]

NES: Ice Climbers, Duck Hunt and Takamaru as a Disk System rep. [3]

Retro Nintendo: Mr. Game & Watch and N. Koppai (a tricky, Hanafuda-based fighter). [2]

Kid Icarus: Pit, Dark Pit (decloned) and Palutena. Maybe Magnus. [3-4]

Wario: Wario, Waluigi (even if he isn't really a Wario character) and Ashley (based in Wario Ware). [3]

Pikmin: Olimar (with the jetpack from Hey! Pikmin as a up-b) and Alph (with Rock Pikmin, Winged Pikmin up-b and a different down-b). [2]

Animal Crossing: Resetti and Villager (with the Balloon Fight reference and the tree, but with Isabelle's fishing rod). [2]

Wii: Mii (based in Wii Sports) and Wii Fit Trainer. [2]

Punch-Out!!!: Little Mac. Maybe another one? [1-2]

Xenoblade: Shulk, Rex/Pyra. Maybe Fiora or Elma. [2-3]

Splatoon: Inkling and Octoling (based in Splatoon 2). [2]

Custom Robo: Ray. [1]

Sin & Punishment: Saki (with a Isa alt). [1]

Panel de Pon: Lip. [1]

Advance Wars: Andy (with a Jake alt). [1]

Golden Sun: Isaac (with a Matthew alt). [1]

Chibi-Robo: Chibi-Robo (also alts with computer and Zip-Lash Telly). [1]

Rythym Heaven: Marshall (and the Chorus Kids). [1]

Dillon's Rolling Western: Dillon. [1]

Ever Oasis: Tethu. [1]

ARMS: Springman (Ribbon Girl/Ninjara alts). [1]

Astral Chain: That waifu with the stands (also the guy as an alt). [1]

LABO: LABO (based in the Variety and Vehicle Kit). [1]

Dragalia Lost: Euden. [1]
=78 first-party characters.

THIRD PARTY
Sonic: Sonic (with Classic Sonic) and Shadow. [2]

Metal Gear: Snake and Raiden (based in Revengeance). [2]

Megaman: Megaman, Zero. [2]

Namco: PAC-MAN (with Ms. alt) and Taizo Hori. [2]

Street Fighter: Ryu and Ken (with Evil Ryu and Violent Ken alts). [2]

Final Fantasy: Cloud and Terra. [2]

Bayonetta: Bayonetta and Jeanne (Bayonetta with a whip). [2]

Castlevania: Simón (Richter alt) and Alucard. [2]

Megaten: Joker and the Demi-Fiend. [2]

Dragon Quest: Erdrick (with Luminary alt) and Madason (monster taming-based moveset). [2]

Banjo-Kazooie: Banjo-Kazooie. [1]

Ninja Gaiden: Ryu. [1]

Rayman: Rayman. [1]

Fatal Fury: Terry (with his brother as an alt). [1]

Crash Bandicoot: Crash (with Coco as an alt). [1]

Mortal Kombat: Scorpion and Sub Zero. [2]

Yo-Kai Watch: Jibanyan. [1]

Tales: Lloyd. [1]

Bomberman: Bomberman. [1]

Contra: Bill Rizer. [1]

PuyoPuyo: Arle. [1]

No More Heroes: Travis. [1]

Shantae: Shantae. [1]

Shovel Knight: Shovel Knight (with Dark Knight as an alt). [1]
= 36 third-party characters.

In total, 114 characters.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Updating mine

Mario: :ultmario::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser:Dark Bowser, :ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultpiranha:, Fawful and Geno
Donkey Kong: :ultdk::ultdiddy:Dixie Kong and :ultkrool:
Legend of Zelda: :ultlink::ultzelda::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink:, Midna and Skull Kid
Metroid: :ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultridley: and Sylux
Yoshi's Island: :ultyoshi:
Kirby: :ultkirby::ultmetaknight: Dark Meta Knight, :ultkingdedede:, Adeleine and Bandanna Dee
Star Fox: :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf: and Krystal
Pokémon: :ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::249: and Decidueye
Luigi's Mansion: :ultluigi:
Mother: :ultness::ultlucas:and Porky
F-Zero: :ultfalcon: and Bio-Rex
Retro: :ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultrob::ultduckhunt:
Fire Emblem: :ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultike::ultrobinf::ultcorrinf: :ultbylethf:
Kid Icarus: :ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena: and Viridi
Warioware: :ultwario:
Metal Gear: :ultsnake:
Sonic the Hedgehog: :ultsonic:, Shadow and Knuckles
Pikmin: :ultolimar:
Animal Crossing: :ultvillager::ultisabelle:
Megaman: :ultmegaman:
Wii Fit: :ultwiifittrainer:
Punch Out: :ultlittlemac:
Mii: :ultmiifighters:
Pac-Man: :ultpacman:
Xenoblade: :ultshulk: and Elma
Street Fighter: :ultryu::ultken: and Chun Li
Final Fantasy: :ultcloud:
Bayonetta: :ultbayonetta:
Splatoon: :ultinkling: and Octoling
Castlevania: :ultsimon::ultrichter:
Persona: :ultjoker:
Dragon Quest: :ulthero2:
Banjo and Kazooie: :ultbanjokazooie:
Fatal Fury: :ult_terry:
ARMS: :ultminmin
Minecraft: :ultsteve:
Shantae: Shantae
Golden Sun: Issac
Ray-Man: Ray-Man

Update: Steve has joined the fight

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Super Mario: :ultmario::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultpeach::ultbowserjr::ultdaisy::ultrosalina::ultpiranha: Waluigi, Wart
DK: :ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong
Zelda: :ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink: Impa, Ghirahim
Metroid: :ultsamus::ultridley::ultdarksamus:
Earthbound/Mother: :ultness::ultlucas:Pokey
Yoshi: :ultyoshi: Shy Guy
F-Zero: :ultfalcon: Samurai Goroh
Kirby: :ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight: Bandana Dee, Adeleine
Star Fox: :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:
Pokémon: :ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultincineroar: Mimikyu
Ice Climbers: :ulticeclimbers:
Fire Emblem: :ultmarth::ultike:Lyn, :ultlucina::ultrobin:
Game & Watch: :ultgnw:
Kid Icarus: :ultpit::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit: Magnus
Pikmin: :ultolimar: Alph
Wario Ware: :ultwario:
R.O.B: :ultrob:
Punch Out: :ultlittlemac:Doc Louis
Metal Gear Solid: :ultsnake:
Sonic The Hedgehog: :ultsonic:
Xenoblade: :ultshulk:Pyra/Mathra, Elma
Final Fantasy: :ultcloud:
Bayonetta: :ultbayonetta:
Splatoon: :ultinkling::ultinklingboy:
Castlevania: :ultsimon::ultrichter:
Persona: :ultjoker:
Dragonquest: :ulthero:
Banjo-Kazooie: :ultbanjokazooie:
Fatal Furry: :ult_terry:
Crash Bandicoot: Crash
Mortal Kombat: Scorpion
The Elder Scrolls: Dragonborn

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Updated mine again, this time to include the most recent 2 Fighter's Pass characters, which were not in the previous iteration I posted on here.
Since there are 6 more DLC characters, I decided to leave open some space for the future in case they're not already on here. (which Terry and Byleth were not in previous iterations of my roster prior to their confirmation).

MYMENUSubtitle7.jpg

New characters added since my last post here:
-Terry (Actual DLC) (Fatal Fury)
-Mai (Fatal Fury)
-Byleth (Actual DLC) (Fire Emblem)
-Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
-Kumatora (Earthbound)
-Mona (Warioware)
-Alph (Pikmin) - would have Brittany and Charlie as Alts, and Olimar would have Louie
-Frogger (Frogger)
-Medusa (Kid Icarus)
-Kasumi (Dead or Alive)
-Ayane (Dead or Alive)
-Meowth (Pokemon)
-Gardevoir (Pokemon)

-(June 2020 edit) Min-Min (ARMS)

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Interesting. My perfect roster

Mario (10)
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultrosalina::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultdaisy:King Boo, Captain Toad/Toadette, Waluigi
I was willing to downgrade Daisy to alt if needed, but wasn't necessary in the end.

DK (5)
:ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:Dixie, Funky
Dixie is unique but Funky is an echo

Zelda (10)
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:Impa, Skull Kid, Midna, Ghirahim, Tetra, Marin, Tingle
A bit extreme but it's my roster, maybe Sheik can be an alt for Impa. Skull Kid is my most wanted

Metroid (4)
:ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley::ultdarksamus:
Dark Samus decloned

Yoshi (3)
:ultyoshi: Baby Mario, Kamek
Yes, Baby Mario, other Babies are his alts

Kirby (9)
:ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede: Bandana Dee, Dark Matter, Daroach, Magolor, Susie, Sectonia,

Star Fox (4)
:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf: Krystal

Pokemon (10)
:ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultgreninja:Decidueye, Blaziken, Lugia, Victini, Toxtricity
Is it bias? Yes, yes it is

Earthbound (2)
:ultness::ultlucas:

F-Zero (2)
:ultfalcon: Black Shadow

Fire Emblem (5)
Lord (Marth, Roy, Lucina, Chrom, Lyn, Alm, Sigurd, Leif) :ultike::ultrobin::ultcorrinf:Byleth
Reduced to 5 slots while increasing the character number

Kid Icarus (5)
:ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena:Medusa, Viridi

Wario (2)
:ultwario:Ashley

Pikmin (1)
Olimar and alts

Animal Crossing (3)
:ultvillager::ultisabelle:Tom Nook,

Wii Fit (1)
:ultwiifittrainer:

Punch Out (1)
:ultlittlemac:

Xenoblade chronicles (4)
:ultshulk: Rex and Pyra, Elma,

Splatoon (4)
:ultinkling:Octolings Marie, Callie
Octolings are unique, Marie echoes Inklings, Callie Octolings

Golden Sun
Isaac

Arms
Spring Man

Third Party characters (14)
:ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultsnake::ultryu::ultcloud::ultbanjokazooie::ultbayonetta::ultsimon::ulthero:
Lara Croft, Rayman, Crash, Carmen Sandiego

That should be 100

I wonder what the reception to this would be like

NardBurh

Smash Rookie
Edit: My Comment was originally a own Thread but was moved to here by a Mod, so I'm sorry if this Roster doesn't follow the Rules the OP made.
I've decided to modify a few things and added a little extra.

When I decided to create the Roster, I limited myself by only using 113 slots of characters and nothing more, so I needed to make sure I had enough space while still having the characters I wanted the most.

Needless to say, I've struggle a lot trying to make space for most character, some Veterans were cut, some Newcomers who I planned since the started ended up being cut to make room for other character, and so on. But anyways, I'm happy with how it turned out:

(Mod edit: added a list since images aren't working)
(Note to self: Just remembered about Rosalina & Luma, so just think that Slippy Toad is in reality her
:ultmario:, :ultluigi:, :ultyoshi:, :ultpeach:, :ultbowser:, :ultbowserjr:, Shy Guy, Vivian, Mimi, :ultwario:, Waluigi, Ashley, :ultdk:, :ultdiddy:, Dixie Kong, :ultkrool:l, :ultlink:

:ultzelda:, :ultsheik:, :ultganondorf:, :ulttoonlink:, Tetra, Linkle, Midna, Vaati, :ultsamus:, :ultridley:, :ultdarksamus:, Trace, :ultkirby:, :ultkingdedede:, :ultmetaknight:, Dark Meta Knight, Bandanna Waddle Dee

Prince Fluff, Elline, the Three Mage Sisters, :ultfox:, :ultfalco:, Slippy (Now replaced with :ultrosalina:), Krystal, :ultwolf:, Leon, :ultpikachu:, :ultjigglypuff:, :ultpichu:, Jiraichi, :ultlucario:, Meloetta, Serperior, :ultgreninja:

:ultincineroar:, Marshadow, Alcremie, :ultness:, :ultlucas:, Kumatora, :ultfalcon:, Jody Summer, Black Shadow, :ultmarth:, Tiki, Rebecca (Blazing Blade), :ultike:, :ultrobin:, :ultlucina:, :ultcorrinf:, :ultbyleth:

:ultpit:, :ultpalutena:, Medusa, :ultvillager:, :ultisabelle:, Tom Nook, Ankha, :ultlittlemac:, Doc Louis, :ultshulk:, Rex, :ultinkling:, Octoling, Marina, Pearl, :ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:, :ultolimar:

:ulticeclimbers:, :ultrob:, :ultgnw:, Isaac (Golden Sun), Coraline (Street Mii Plaza), Sandbag, :ultsonic:, Tails, :ultbayonetta:, :ultjoker:, Hatsune Miku, :ultmegaman:, Roll, :ultryu:, Leon S. Kennedy, :ultpacman:, Bomberman

Lloyd Irving, :ultsnake:, :ultsimon:, Shanoa, :ultcloud:, :ulthero:, Sora, :ultbanjokazooie:, Master Chief, Crash Bandicoot, Shantae

Alright, here are a few points I'd like to make -

Firstly, about Echo Fighters, the only Echoes in this Rosters are:
-Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong's Echo)
-Dark Meta Knight (Meta Knight's Echo, but would be more of a Semi-Clone like with Ryu and Ken)
-Octoling (Inkling's Echo, but again, they're more of a Semi-Clone)

And...yeah, only those two.

Most of the remaining Echoes became their own character, basically they became totally unique Fighters, but of course they'd remain with a few similar attacks from who they used to be a Clone off.

Those being Dark Samus and Lucina.

The others either became a Costume (Dark Pit, Daisy, etc.) or are represented in a different way.

Talking about Clones, characters like Ganondorf and Toon Link received severe changes, making them more different from their origin character, although they remain with a few similarities from their original Moveset, although most people could say they are already entirely de-cloned.

Characters like Falco and Pichu received changes to make them more unique, but still keeping on the Clone category.

Secondly, let's talk about a few odd picks.

First, let's start with Shy Guy.
I've decided to replace Piranha Plant with Shy Guy, to be the Playable "Mario's Basic Enemy", plus he technically not only would represent Mario's Franchise, but also Yoshi's Franchise since lots of elements from his Moveset could possibly come from there. Also, let's all agreed, Shy Guy is the best Mario's basic enemy.

About Trace...there really isn't much to say, other than Trace is my pick for a new Metroid Rep, Idk why, but I really want them.

Next is Elline, which falls to the same way as Trace, and alongside it, Meloetta, Marshadow, Rebecca, Ankha, Marine, Pearl, Coraline, Hatsune Miku and Shanoa.

Following that, let's talk a little about the Pokemon Series. I sincerely cannot believe that not all Generations are represented as playable characters, yet, Gen 1 has 6 damn reps, so to deal with that, I've cut 4 of the Gen 1 Pokemon and left only the ones who appeared in Smash 64, then I've added 5 new Pokemon from different Generations. I feel like Jirachi would be a neat pick for Gen 3, and I see a lot of potential on it, Serperior has been pick for the Gen 5, to finish the Fully-Evolved Starter Trio of the main types, plus Snivy is one of my favorite Pokemon, so fitting one of his Evolutions would surely be great, and finally, Alcremie, which I feel like would be a case similar to Jigglypuff, being a unexpected, mostly unrequested, character, since most people normally would request for characters like Urshufu, who look ready to fight, but instead I just want a cute Pokemon who look like it stole the Invitation Letter of a stronger, ready to fight, Pokemon.

Marshadow and Meloetta were already explained before, so I won't go over them again.

And I believe that's all I had to cover.

And now for the third topic, is how some characters would even work.
Well, firstly, Moveset Potential doesn't means that a character is possible or not, since we have Wii Fit Trainer, R.O.B., Mr. Game And Watch, and etc., so anything is possible.
Secondly, I see a lot of potential for most of them, such as Elline with the ability to draw, Ashley and her powers, heck, even Tails having his double jump replaced with his flying mechanic, maybe a special gimmick for Sandbag too? There's so many special gimmicks that they all could have that would fit on their attacks, that I cannot count in hands.

Well uhh, yeah, that's about it that I wanted to cover.

Now for a extra, I've decided to make something special, which is...

(If you cannot see the image, click Spoiler to see a list of who's in)

Masked Man (Earthbound/Mother), Dr. Eggman, Dig Dug, Cynthia, Junko Enoshima & Monokuma, :ult_terry:, Lara Croft, Arle Nadja, The Oracle (Futaba Sakura), Ayumi Tachibana

Andy (Advance Wars), Spring Man, Rayman, 2B, Aqua (Kingdom Hearts), Sub-Zero, Steve (Minecraft), Shovel Knight, Maxwell, Frisk & Flowey

- Guest Characters - Goku, Ichigo Kurosaki & Rukia Kuchiki, Hello Kitty, Shrek

A possible Fighter Pass for the Roster!

Ok ok, let's start from the beginning, and start talking of every pick.

For Masked Man and Dr. Eggman, they were picks I've thought about while making the Roster, and I feel they'd be the most unique characters from all the characters I thought about, so they're back I guess.

Dig Dug barely made the cut, but was replaced with Bomberman at the last second, so it was time for him to get back.

Cynthia is the replacement for Pokemon Trainer, but instead of just representing one Generation, she'll represent Gen 4 herself with Garchomp, and Gen 3 with Milotic. Another thing I really would like to see from her is she also being playable, and when I mean playable, I mean get on Stage and fights the opponent, she'd be part of the cycle, and I'd love that.

Junko Enoshima and Monokuma...well, I love Danganronpa, and I want a Rep in Smash, so...I decided to mix the two icons of the game into a Rosalina & Luma-ish style!

Terry Bogard, well...I accidently had to cut him out of the main Roster because of how bad I was with taking the space in mind lol, but now he's back, and I guess if you had him in Smash Ultimate, you'll be able to get him for free.

Lara Croft for more female representation, plus she's one of the most iconic video game ladies, so yeah uhh, she's here.

I love Puyo Puyo, even tho I played more Kirby's Avalanche and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, but still, it is really fun, and I believe Arle using Puyos to attack surely would bring something unique.

The Oracle/Futaba from Persona 5...well, I like her, nothing much to say, just think it's gonna be fun to see her.

Ayumi Tachibana is meant to represent the Retro Nintendo Rep in this Fighter Pass, plus I really wished that she wasn't cut from Melee.

Andy is meant to represent a more Modern-ish Nintendo from the 2000's, I think he has a lot of unique stuff to go with.

Spring Man finishes the trio to represent the Modern Nintendo from 2010's, and also I accidently cut the ARMS Rep from the main Roster, so now here it is.

Rayman is one of my favorite game series, I miss playing Legends, plus he could have a lot of unique stuff going on with his limbless body.

2B has been picked to represent more of Square Enix's franchises on this Fighters Pass, and yeah I know Lara Croft is from Square Enix, but another one doesn't hurt counting that Capcom and SEGA have already a lot of representation in this Roster-

Uhh, yeah, Aqua from Kingdom Hearts, but yeah same thing, and I wanted to give a Square Enix's series a second Rep, and even tho I could go for Sephiroth or one of the mages, I decided to go with Aqua, which would be kinda of a Pseudo-Clone of Sora.

I'm kinda surprised Mortal Kombat isn't represented with a Fighter in Smash already, so here we have Sub-Zero to represent it, seriously, imagine seeing Ryu, Terry Bogard and Sub-Zero all in one game.

Minecraft is one of my most iconic games, and for that reason, I really think Steve deserves a chance, he's so unique and can bring a lot to the Table, plus not only that, but he also is a Indie Rep, which Smash itself needs.

Shovel Knight, because it is one of the current most iconic Indies, alongside Shantae and stuff, and I'd love seeing it becoming a character, even tho he'd probably feel like any other Swordfighter but with a different arsenal.

Maxwell definitively would be one of the most unique characters, since he has no limits, he can do anything, can create anything in seconds, plus, by my knowledge, it also would be a Indie Rep, unless I missed something and it isn't, so if I'm wrong, sorry.

Undertale is one of the currently most popular Indies, ok not as much as before, but it'd be pretty interesting in seeing one of the game's character join into Smash, so I've decided to make Frisk and Flowey an duo, I think that'd work well, plus I'd probably try to bring the Pacifist and Genocide paths in some way as their gimmick.

And finally, time to talk about the Guest Characters, which I made mainly as a sorta of joke, like if it was ever gonna happen but still, whatever.

Goku surely is the most iconic Anime icon, and plus it's a highly requested character for Smash, and yeah he's really unique, but I already accepted the fate it's never gonna happen anyway.

Bleach is my favorite anime, and so I want Ichigo and Rukia as Guest characters, I see a lot of potential with them as a possible duo, their fighting style and movesets would be pretty different from each other and you probably would be able to select whenever you wanna play wth the two, or just one of them.

I picked Hello Kitty because, well...if Sakurai ever said they were opening their doors to non-video game characters, I don't doubt Sanrio would be the first to ask to get in, and also Hello Kitty is the second Highest-Grossing Media of all times, so yeah, it'd also be so funny seeing evil entities fighting against a small cute kitten.

And finally, Shrek, which may I say, it's one of the most nostalgic movies for all of us, you cannot tell me you never saw Shrek because the entire world did, Shrek is a God and so, he has to be in Smash.

Well uhh, that's everything I'd to cover.

Bye I guess.

Yee

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
And now for the third topic, is how some characters would even work.
Well, firstly, Moveset Potential doesn't means that a character is possible or not, since we have Wii Fit Trainer, R.O.B., Mr. Game And Watch, and etc., so anything is possible.
Secondly, I see a lot of potential for most of them, such as Elline with the ability to draw, Ashley and her powers, heck, even Tails having his double jump replaced with his flying mechanic, maybe a special gimmick for Sandbag too? There's so many special gimmicks that they all could have that would fit on their attacks, that I cannot count in hands.

Well uhh, yeah, that's about it that I wanted to cover.

Tell me, what do ya'll think of my picks, and what characters would you change?
Two things: I moved this to a pre-existing thread rather than leaving it as its own thread; I just wanted you to be aware of that. Also, despite mentioning the Wii Fit Trainer, you left her out. (along with Duck Hunt and Terry, at the very least) Not sure if they were intentionally cut (no need to explain why if it was intentional) or an accident.

NardBurh

Smash Rookie
Two things: I moved this to a pre-existing thread rather than leaving it as its own thread; I just wanted you to be aware of that. Also, despite mentioning the Wii Fit Trainer, you left her out. (along with Duck Hunt and Terry, at the very least) Not sure if they were intentionally cut (no need to explain why if it was intentional) or an accident.
Ah, I see
Well uhh, related to Wii Fit Trainer, I intentionally cut her and just mentioned her original Smash incarnation rather than the Roster since she's not even here
Now for Terry...I just remembered him when I finished the Roster, so I ended up cutting him by my accident
Also yeah, Duck Hunt was already meant to be cut since the start

The Smash Nerd II.0.

Smash Journeyman
Ah, I see
Well uhh, related to Wii Fit Trainer, I intentionally cut her and just mentioned her original Smash incarnation rather than the Roster since she's not even here
Now for Terry...I just remembered him when I finished the Roster, so I ended up cutting him by my accident
Also yeah, Duck Hunt was already meant to be cut since the start
And you have a DLC row with a buch of nobodys. (4th Party's)

Last edited:

ShadicMCGS

Smash Apprentice
Before I make the actual roster, I thought that I would put in some statistics. I'm mainly talking about on how much of the roster each franchise took up (specifically percentage numbers) by each game, rounded to the nearest whole number.

SMASH 64
  • Super Mario (2/12) - 16.7%
  • Other Mario (2/12) - 16.7%
  • Pokemon (2/12) - 16.7%
  • Literally Every Other Franchise (ouch) - 8.3% each
MELEE
  • Super Mario (5/26) - 19.2%
  • Legend of Zelda (5/26) - 19.2%
  • Pokemon (4/26) - 15.4%
  • Other Mario (2/26) - 7.7%
  • Star Fox (2/26) - 7.7%
  • Fire Emblem (2/26) - 7.7%
  • Retro (2/26) - 7.7%
  • Metroid (1/26) - 3.8%
  • Kirby (1/26) - 3.8%
  • F-Zero (1/26) - 3.8%
  • EarthBound (1/26) - 3.8%
BRAWL
  • Pokemon (6/39) - 15.4%
  • Legend of Zelda (5/39) - 12.8%
  • Super Mario (4/39) - 10.3%
  • Other Mario (4/39) - 10.3%
  • Retro (3/39) - 7.7%
  • Kirby (3/39) - 7.7%
  • Star Fox (3/39) - 7.7%
  • Fire Emblem (2/39) - 5.1%
  • EarthBound (2/39) - 5.1%
  • Third-Party (2/39) - 5.1%
  • Metroid (2/39) - 5.1%
  • Kid Icarus (1/39) - 2.6%
  • Pikmin (1/39) - 2.6%
  • F-Zero (1/39) - 2.6%
SMASH 4
  • Super Mario (7/58) - 12.1%
  • Other (7/58) - 12.1%
    • Mii (3/58) - 5.2%
    • Xenoblade (1/58) - 1.7%
    • Wii Fit (1/58) - 1.7%
    • Pikmin (1/58) - 1.7%
    • Animal Crossing (1/58) - 1.7%
  • Fire Emblem (6/58) - 10.3%
  • Pokemon (6/58) - 10.3%
  • Third Party (6/58) - 10.3%
  • Legend of Zelda (5/58) - 8.6%
  • Other Mario (4/58) - 6.9%
  • Retro (4/58) - 6.9%
  • Kid Icarus (3/58) - 5.2%
  • Kirby (3/58) - 5.2%
  • Metroid (2/58) - 3.4%
  • Star Fox (2/58) - 3.4%
  • EarthBound (2/58) - 3.4%
  • F-Zero (1/58) - 1.7%
ULTIMATE (as of Fighter Pass 1)
  • Third-Party (14/82) - 17.1% (What?)
  • Pokemon (10/82) - 12.3%
  • Super Mario (9/82) - 10.9%
  • Other (9/82) - 10.9%
    • Mii (3/82) - 3.7%
    • Animal Crossing (2/82) - 2.4%
    • Pikmin (1/82) - 1.2%
    • Wii Fit (1/82) - 1.2%
    • Xenoblade (1/82) - 1.2%
    • Splatoon (1/82) - 1.2%
  • Fire Emblem (8/82) - 9.8%
  • Legend of Zelda (6/82) - 7.3%
  • Other Mario (5/82) - 6.1%
  • Retro (5/82) - 6.1%
  • Metroid (4/82) - 4.9%
  • Kirby (3/82) - 3.7%
  • Star Fox (3/82) - 3.7%
  • Kid Icarus (3/82) - 3.7%
  • EarthBound (2/82) - 2.4%
  • F-Zero (1/82) - 1.2%
If you're bored, these are just the final statistics, based on average, followed by the percentage of 100.
  1. Pokemon - 14.0% = 13.2 fighters (10)
  2. Super Mario - 13.9% = 13.1 fighters (10)
  3. Legend of Zelda - 11.2% = 10.6 fighters (9)
  4. Third-Party - 10.8% = 10.2 fighters (12)
  5. Other Mario - 9.5% = 9.0 fighters (8)
  6. Fire Emblem - 8.2% = 7.8 fighters (8)
  7. Retro - 7.1% = 6.7 fighters (8)
  8. Star Fox - 6.2% = 5.9 fighters (4)
  9. Kirby - 5.7% = 5.4 fighters (4)
  10. Metroid - 5.1% = 4.8 fighters (5)
  11. EarthBound - 4.6% = 4.3 fighters (3)
  12. Kid Icarus - 3.8% = 3.6 fighters (4)
  13. F-Zero - 3.5% = 3.3 fighters (2)
  14. Other - 2.2% = 2.1 fighters (12)
    • Mii - 4.5% = 4.3 fighters
    • Animal Crossing - 2.1% = 2.0 fighters
    • Pikmin - 1.8% = 1.7 fighters
    • Xenoblade - 1.5% = 1.4 fighters
    • Wii Fit - 1.5% = 1.4 fighters
    • Splatoon - 1.2% = 1.1 fighters
Now yes, it doesn't add up to 100%, but at least it gives us a good basis on where to start. So with that, there are gonna be 100 characters, using the statistics as a basis, and I'll choose characters who I believe are beloved, unique, and relevant to today. Also just a reminder, all echoes are unlockable.

So, let's start off with the most controversial represented franchise in Smash, Fire Emblem, with (ugh) eight characters! Yes, there are already too many characters in Fire Emblem, but mainly because there's too many swordfighters. If there was a variety of weapon users, then the franchise wouldn't get nearly as much hate. Anyway, for starters, I'm keeping Marth, Ike, Robin, Corrin and Byleth. I'm cutting Roy, Chrom, and Lucina because they're just clones, no wait I'm sorry ECHOES, of Marth, and Roy was only in Melee to promote his father's game, so they're out. Which leaves four free spots, and I'm going to give one to Lyn (mainly because of Alpharad), and her appearance(s) in Heroes, so instead of a sword, she can have a bow! I'm also adding Anna, also based on Heroes, by having an axe and many other weapons! Also, while making this roster, I realised Black Knight was a character, so yeah, I think we found an echo of Ike.

Now, let's get some small franchises out of the way, starting with F-Zero. I think it's fair to say we'll get at least an echo for Captain Falcon, probably Black Shadow. Well, that was quick! Now, let's move onto Kirby, Metroid, Kid Icarus, and Star Fox, and "all" characters will be returning, which leaves one from each franchise. Now why "all"? Well, I'm fusing both Samus and ZSS, so the character can fully be revamped, which means that Dark Samus will be a unique character. For our Metroid newbie, I'm going to add Sylux, as a unique fighter, and we need more Metroid reps other than Samus'. As for Kirby, Kid Icarus, and Star Fox, I'm going to add Bandana Dee, Viridi, and Krystal. They're fan-favourites and the former two have appeared recently. I might as well go to EarthBound and say that Ninten and Kumatora will be echoes of Ness and Lucas, respectively.

Last edited:

txhy8

Smash Cadet
My Perfect Smash Roster(It goes way other 100 chacters but this is my attempt at a roster where every fanbase is happy)

Mario-Mario,Luigi,Peach,Daisy(Echo),Bowser,Yoshi,Rosalina and Luma,Bowser Jr,Dr Mario,Prinina Plant Wario,Captain Toad,Paper Mario,Geno,Waluigi,Ashley,Fawful,Kamek,Baby Mario

Donkey Kong-Donkey Kong,Diddy Kong,Dixie Kong,Funky Kong,Cranky Kong,Pauline,King K Rool

Zelda-Link,Zelda,Sheik,Ganondorf,Toon Link,Young Link,Impa,BOTW 2 Zelda,Champions,Midna and Wolf Link,Grinham,Skull Kid,Toon Zelda/Tetra

Metroid-Samus,Zero Suit Samus,Ridley,Dark Samus,Sylux,Anthony Higgins

Kirby-Kirby,King Dedede,Meta Knight,Marx,Bandana Waddle Dee,Maglor,Adellie

Star Fox-Fox,Falco,Wolf,Krystal,Slippy Toad,Peppy Hare

Pokemon-Pikachu,Jiggypuff,Mewtwo,Pokemon Trainer,Pichu,Lucario Gerninja,Decidueye,Incinaroar,Septille,Zoroark, Urshifo,Rillaboom,Toxicity

Earthbound-Ness,Lucas,Kumatora,Jeff,Ninten,Porky Minch

F-Zero-Captain Falcon,Black Shadow,Blood Falcon,Judy Summers

Retro-Mr.Game and Watch,R.O.B,Duck Hunt,Ice Climbers,Wii Fit Trainer,Takamaru,Bob and Bubbles,Mach Rider,Karate Joe,Chorus Kids,Chibi Robo,Isaac,Ring Fit Trainer

Fire Emblem-Marth,Roy,Ike,Robin,Lucinia,Corrin,Byleth,Tiki,Lyn,Hector,Black Knight

Kid Icarus-Pit,Dark Pit,Palutena,Medusa,Hades,Phospha,Virdi

Konami-Snake,Simon Belmont,Richter Belmont,Alucard,Bommerman,Contra Brothers

Sega-Sonic,Tails,Knuckles,Amy,Shadow,Dr Eggman,Beyonetta,Joker,Jack Frost,Nights,Arle Nadja,AiAi

Pikmin-Olimar,Alph

Animal Crossing-Villager,Isabelle,Tom Nook

Punch Out-Little Mac,King Hippo

Bandi Namco-Pac Man,Ms.Pac Man,Lloyd Irving,Heihachi Mishima,Agumon,Kos-Mos

Xenoblade-Shulk,Fiora,Dunban,Elma,Rex Pyra and Mythra

Capcom-Ryu,Ken,Chun Li,Mega Man,Protoman,Zero,Dr Wily,Dante,Pheinox Wright,Artermasu,Leon Kendy,Jill Valentine,Monster Hunter

Square Enix-Cloud,Tifa,Sephiroth,Black Mage,Hero,Slime,Sora,Lara Croft,Chrono

Splatoon-Inklings,Octolings

Microsoft- Banjo and Kazooie,Battletoads,Conker,Steve,Master Chief,Cuphead

Fatal Fury-Terry Bogard,Gese Howard

Arms-Spring Man,Ribbon Girl,MinMin

Bethesda-DoomGuy,Dovakim,Vault Boy

Ubisoft-Rayman,Rabbids,Alitere

Tencho-Ryu Hayabusa

Activision-Tracer,Crash Bandicoot,Spyro

Grasshopper Games-Travis Touchdown

Level 5-Professor Layton,Jibbyan

Sony-Kratos,Ratchet and Clank,Sly Cooper

Indies-Shovel Knight,Shantae,Sans,Quote,Super Meat Boy

EDIT: And yes Rare is counted as Microsoft here as you can see

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
EDIT: And yes Rare is counted as Microsoft here as you can see
If you want to make changes to your posts, just use the edit button rather than quoting your previous post. I merged them this time, but I figure I should let you know that the edit button is there for that reason.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I disagree so heavily with DKC characters being classified as "Other Mario". I just can't.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll mostly pick characters that people want or characters with significance in gaming
Keeping everyone is here, so I can pick 16 fighters
Toad is a tag team partner for :ultpeach:
parentheses are for the number of reps in a series
Mario: Waluigi (10)
DK: Dixie (4)
LoZ: Midna (7)
Kirby: Bandana Dee (4)
Xenoblade: Rex & Pyra (2)
Golden Sun: Isaac (1)
Bomberman (1)
Sonic: Tails (1)
RE: Jill (1)
Tales: Lloyd (1)
FF: Tidus (2)
Halo: Master Chief (1)
Crash (1)
Doom: Doom Slayer (1)
NMH: Travis Touchdown (1)
For the photo below, I had to use the FE symbol for :ultbyleth:

Roster below:
Roster.png

I had Steve on this roster before he was added :)

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultdoc::ultwario::ultrosalina::ultpiranha: Geno, Waluigi, Toad, Paper Mario, Ashley, King Boo, Koopa Troopa, Dry Bowser (either an alt or echo of Bowser) (Sorry I really love Mario characters lol)
:ultyoshi: Birdo, Poochy, Kamek
:ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:Dixie Kong
:ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultjigglypuff::ultpokemontrainer::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultincineroar: Toxtricity, Grovyle/Sceptile
:ultlink::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultzelda::ultsheik::ultganondorf: Impa, Skull Kid, Midna
:ultsonic: Tails, Shadow, Eggman
:ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede: Bandana Waddle Dee, Adeleine, Magolor
:ultvillager::ultisabelle: Tom Nook, K K Slider
:ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultridley:Sylux, Kraid
:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf: Krystal
:ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultike::ultrobin::ultcorrin::ultbyleth: Lyn
:ultfalcon: Black Shadow, Samurai Goroh
:ultpacman: Ghosts
:ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena: Viridi, Medusa
:ulthero: Slime
:ultsnake: Big Boss, Revolver Ocelot
:ultness::ultlucas: Giegue, Porky
:ultryu::ultken: Chun Li, M Bison
:ultlittlemac: Doc Louis, King Hippo
:ultbayonetta: Jeanne
:ultinkling: Octoling
:ultsimon::ultrichter: Alucard, Dracula
:ultmegaman: Zero, Dr. Wily
:ultshulk: Rex and Pyra, KOS-MOS
:ult_terry: Geese, Nakoruru
:ultbanjokazooie: Gruntilda
:ultjoker: Kasumi, Yu Narukami, Jack Frost
:ultolimar: Bulborb
:ultminmin Spring Man, Ninjara, Dr. Coyle
:ultcloud: Sephiroth, Black Mage, Chocobo

Wouldn't add any characters gang: :ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultmiifighters::ultgnw::ultrob::ultwiifittrainer:

Other newcomers: Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Laura Croft, 2B, Ryu Hayabusa, Dante, Bomberman, Sora, Isaac, Shovel Knight, Shantae, Lloyd Irving, Yuri Lowell, Excitebiker, Balloon Fighter, Starfy, Doom Guy, Arle, Monster Hunter, Agumon, Saki Amamiya, Master Chief, Steve, Chrous Kids, Heihachi, Conker, Lip, Reimu, Takamaru, Dillon, Klonoa, Hat Kid, Ninjala rep

Some of these characters I don't want much personally, but if I'm going buck wild on the roster, I may as well include characters who would make others happy too

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Gonna do this too now, got an idea of what I'd add and what not.

Everyone Is STILL Here, that's a given. I'll just add newcomers from a few franchises I feel are justified, I'll leave others be. Echoes can be updated more to being their own character.

The character represents their home franchise, if not mentioned, no newcomer. Also am assuming it's a ultimate roster for the next Smash.

:ultmario:: Paper Mario, Toad / Captain Toad, Gooigi as a "Echo" of Luigi like Dr.Mario is to Luigi. If Roy, a semi clone can get an Echo, Luigi can.
:ultdk:: Dixie Kong, Funky Kong as an Echo to DK, Cranky Kong.
:ultyounglink:: Impa, Skull Kid, BotW 2 Zelda if significant in any way or form, Hero of Time Link (Echo to Link), Ganon (based on Ocarina of Time) *also adds lots of skins and alts to certain versions of Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Impa and the smaller Links. Demise functions as alt of Ganondorf.
:ultpikachu:: New updated Pokémon Trainer; has actual Pokémon to pick from, can even use Pokémon whom are already playable cause now he's their canon Trainer, no switching possible if picking the Pokémon Trainer. Newcomer Pokémon: Scizor, Blaziken (takes a bit from C.Falcon), Blastoise, Garchomp, Sceptile, whoever else is popular. All Pokémon can also be picked as standalone fighters. 3 max Pokémon, they aren't picked at random but follow a strict order.
:ultsamus:: Anthony Higgs, but only if people actually remember him.
:ultkirby:: Bandana Dee, Adeline, Galactica Knight
:ultfox:: Slippy Toad a loosely based Echo of Falco with silly animations, Krystal
:ultmarth:: Byleth gets reworked to only use the Sword of the Creator, we get Dimitri (uses the Areadbhar attacks of Byleth), Edelgard (uses the Amyr attacks of Byleth) and Claude (uses the Failnaught attacks of Bylrth, and a few sword based attacks cause can't shoot stuff all the time). Various Lords are now also alts to the Blue Sword Lord Clan. Ike gets Black Knight as a loosely based heavy weight Echo with terrible recovery, no Aether, no Quick Draw, tough guy armor like Bowser, heavy like DK. Also Lyn. Why not.
:ultshulk:: Rex & Pyra, maybe Fiora ? KOS-MOS if she counts.
:ultyoshi:: Yoshi & Baby Mario. Poochy.
:ultwario:: Wario as an Echo of Wario. You know what I mean with that. Also Ashley.
:ultinkling:: I guess Octolings deserve a spot after so many alts and Echoes, I don't know what makes them different however, but they differ a bit from Inklings.
:ultsonic:: Tails, Knuckles, don't want anything else. Tails could borrow Dixie's Up B.
:ultryu:: Chun Lee, Echoes of Ryu that are important forgot their names Akuma was one
:ultsnake:: Alts of Snake like Liquid Snake, could count as Echo if they're unique enough.
:ultgnw::ultrob::ulticeclimbers::ultduckhunt:: Balloon Fighter, Sukapon, Muddy Mole, Takamaru
Golden Sun: Isaac, with Felix and Matthew as Daisy styled Echoes.
Monster Hunter: Monster Hunter (this felt stupid to type)
Okami: Amaterasu

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
NOTE: This is going by Smash debut game.

Smash 64
Keep:
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultness::ultfalcon:
Add: Meowth

Melee
Keep: :ultpeach::ultbowser::ulticeclimbers::ultsheik::ultzelda::ultdoc::ultfalco::ultmarth::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ultmewtwo::ultroy::ultgnw:
Add:
Scizor

Brawl
Keep: :ultmetaknight::ultpit::ultzss::ultwario::ultsnake::ultike::ultpokemontrainer::ultdiddy::ultlucas::ultsonic::ultkingdedede::ultolimar::ultlucario::ultrob::ulttoonlink::ultwolf:
Add:
N/A

Sm4sh (Base)
Keep: :ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer::ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit::ultpacman::ultlucina::ultrobin::ultshulk::ultbowserjr::ultduckhunt:
Add:
Snivy, Popo (Solo)

Sm4sh (DLC)
Keep:
:ultryu::ultcloud::ultbayonetta:
Add: Azura

Ultimate (Base)
Keep: :ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultken::ultpiranha:
Add:
Crash Bandicoot, :ultalph:, Shadow, Alm, Mimikyu

Fighters Pass Vol. 1
Keep: :ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry:
Add:
Jill Valentine

Fighters Pass Vol. 2 (my version has 10 fighters instead of 6)
Keep: :ultminmin:ultsteve:
Add:
:ultbyleth:, Sakura Shinguji, Bandana Dee, Sora, Scorbunny, Euden, Spyro, Chosen Undead

Notes
  • :ultjigglypuff: is relegated to a Poké Ball assist who uses Sing to put adjacent opponents to sleep
  • :ultpichu: is relegated to a Trophy/Spirit
  • :ultganondorf: keeps the moveset he has in Ultimate throughout the whole series
  • :ultsonic:'s Side B is changed to Light Speed Dash
  • :ultgreninja: is relegated to a Trophy/Spirit
  • :ultcorrin: is relegated to a Trophy/Spirit
  • :ultsimon:, :ultrichter: and Crash are revealed at E3 2018
  • :ultridley:, Shadow, :ultdarksamus: and :ultkrool: are revealed in the August 2018 Smash Direct
  • :ultchrom: is relegated to an Assist Trophy who fights alongside the summoner using the Pair Up mechanic, which boosts the summoner's stats
  • :ultisabelle: stays an Assist Trophy
  • Alm is revealed in a September 2018 Nintendo Direct (and is a completely unique fighter)
  • :ultincineroar: is relegated to a Spirit
  • Mimikyu, :ultalph: (who promotes to an Echo in Ultimate), :ultken: and :ultpiranha: are revealed in the November 2018 Smash Direct
  • :ultdarksamus::ultdaisy::ultlucina::ultdarkpit: all borrow custom moves from the fighters they’re based on, and :ultrichter:’s Holy Water works how it does in Rondo of Blood
  • :ultbyleth: is the first fighter revealed for Vol. 2

Last edited:
Top Bottom