• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Perfect Roster

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Dude, srsly? That's like half of my good characters. And you removed all of the reps from 5 of the games (not including Mii)! I'm not saying some of those don't need to exist, (Since 3.0 Peach and Daisy are the exact same, they could just be outfits) but you removed Jigglypuff? She's one of the OGs! And I play with 4 of those characters.
So? Too many Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem characters. I'm not going to argue because you won't be convinced, I'm sure.

Table Cat Table Cat
Because having different opinions makes one a troll. Get out of here with that nonsense.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Dude, no offense but this is gross.
Especially the characters you want to add instead, most of them are senseless (Joltik lol) or pointless (Camilla is a literal fetish).
You cutted unique characters but you kept Dark Pit and all the echoes, also what's the point of making Chrom a skin but keeping Daisy which is a literal skin in the real game?

I seriously hope he's trolling.
i think so btw Camilla will be censored and Chrom with Lucina being alt skins cause of being look like the same
Also who cares if i added Joltik as a Gen 5 rep so get over it!
Don't know why I used Ganon's CD-I design

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Dream Roster.jpg

I know I already have a post in this thread, but I decided to make a fully blown image of the perfect roster that I already posted.

The question mark next to Incineroar is the unnamed final evolution of Grookey.
The question mark next to Simon is Alucard.

As for characters in Smash Ultimate not in the image.
:ultdaisy: - Alternate Skins of Peach.
:ultyounglink: - Considering we already have a small Link, I think having both is redundant, plus, this gives a chance to have Ocarina of Time Adult Link to return.
:ultdarksamus: - An Alternate Skin of Samus.
:ultlucina: - Removed, but added to Female Robin's Final Smash and Victory Pose.
:ultchrom: - Removed, but stays in Male Robin's Final Smash and Victory Pose.
:ultpichu: - Alternate Skins of Plusle and Minum.
:ultpokemontrainer: - Assist Trophy. Throws Pokéball items. Act as if the summoner threw them.
:ultrichter: - Alternate Skins of Simon.
:ultcloud: - Removed.
:ultsheik: - Transformation of Zelda, activated automatically through the Final Smash but can be canceled.
:ultzss: - Transformation of Samus, activated automatically through the Final Smash but can be canceled.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
5. New series can be added, but the majority of your answer should focus on preexisting Smash series
6. Feel free to only rate the series you care about or want to
7. Retro series (Ice Climber, Game & Watch...) and series with only one major character (Wii Fit) do not have to be included
I'll make my list- but honestly I don't think "the 'perfect' roster" would add any less than 20 franchises. Any fewer is not perfect to me.

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultrosalina:Capt Toad, Paper Mario
:ultyoshi::ultwario::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool: Dixie
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:Impa, Rito, Goron, Zora, Deku
:ultpikachu::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultmewtwo::ultlucario:Team Rocket; Eevee
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight:
:ultsamus::ultridley:Mother Brain
:ultfox:Andross
:ultmarth::ultrobin::ultcorrin::ultike:Anna
:ultfalcon::ultlucas::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ulticeclimbers::ultwiifittrainer::ultrob::ultshulk::ultolimar::ultduckhunt::ultlittlemac::ultpit::ultgnw:
:ultmegaman::ultsimon::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultcloud::ultpacman::ultjoker::ultryu:

Above. That is 64 characters. I would add many as skins that I removed, with few just being cut.

Then... well... honestly I'd add about 36 new characters.

Arms. Chibi Robo. Balloon Fighter. Excite Bike. Brain Age.
Bubble Bobble. Custom Robo. Teleroboxer. Advance Wars. Rhythm Heaven.
Detective Club. Dillons Rolling Western. Sukapon. Doshin the Giant. Sin and Punishment.
Panel de Pon. Laboman. Golden Sun. Starfy. Pilot Wings.
Crash. Spyro. Banjo Kazooie. Rayman. Bomberman.
Frogger. Tomb Raider. Devil May Cry. Qbert. Carmen Sandiego.
Digimon. Dragon Quest. Kingdom Hearts. Angry Birds. Minecraft.
Halo. Tekken. Mortal Kombat. Resident Evil. Soul Calibre.
Ninja Gaiden. Doom. Scribblenauts. Fortnight. Cooking Mama.
Ace Attorney. Yokai Watch. Professor Layton. Monster Hunter. Tetris.

Those may vary a bit, that's the general idea.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina::ultdoc::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultpiranha:(Captain Toad)
:ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:(Dixie):ultyoshi::ultwario:
:ultlink::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultzelda::ultsheik::ultganondorf:(Impa)(Skull Kid)
:ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultjigglypuff:
:ultmarth::ultroy::ultike::ultlucina::ultrobin::ultchrom::ultcorrinf:(Lyn or Edelgard)(Anna)
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight:(Bandana Dee)
:ultsamus::ultzss::ultdarksamus::ultridley:
:ultpit::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit:(Viridi)
:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:(Slippy)
:ultvillager::ultisabelle:
:ultness::ultlucas:
:ultshulk:(Rex/Pyra/Mythra)
:ultinkling:(Octoling)
:ultfalcon::ulticeclimbers::ultlittlemac::ultolimar::ultrob::ultwiifittrainer::ultduckhunt::ultgnw:(Mach Rider) (Wonder Red)
:ultsonic:(Shadow or Tails):ultbayonetta:(Jeanne):ultjoker:
:ultmegaman::ultryu::ultken:(Jill Valentine)
:ultsnake::ultsimon::ultrichter:
:ultpacman::ultcloud:(Shantae)(Rayman)
:ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:

Pretty much the same as Ultimate but with more characters

Table Cat

Smash Apprentice
Table Cat Table Cat
Because having different opinions makes one a troll. Get out of here with that nonsense.
Is this an excuse or what? Those opinions are objectively stupid. He complains about characters like Chrom for being too similar to others but he wants to add James which is literally Fox with sunglasses.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Oh boy, i love threads like these ! Here's my perfect roster :

-First Party-
Super Mario 10 : :ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina::ultbowser::ultbowserjr:(Waluigi)(Captain Toad)
(Doc Mario is a costume and PP is scrapped, i like the boy but i'd rather have Captain toad over him )
Wario Land/Ware : :ultwario:(Ashley)(Captain Syrup)
(Adding Captain Syrup and Ashley would be perfect to please both the Land and the Ware fans.)
The Legend of Zelda 7: :ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink: (Midna)(Impa)(Skull Kid)
(Impa uses her Warriors appearance)
Donkey Kong 5 : :ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:(Dixie Kong)(Funky Kong)
(Funky Kong is a DK echo with water effects added and fresh new animations)
Yoshi 3 : :ultyoshi:(Poochy)(Kamek)
(Doing justice for our poor doggo and Boshi as a costume for Yoshi.)
Pokemon 8 : :ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultpokemontrainer::ultgreninja:(Guzma)
(Picked Guzma instead of Incineroar for the gen 7 rep)
Kirby 5 : :ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:(Bandana Dee)(Adeleine)
(At this point i don't care if Adeleine is just a spirit, i just want my baby girl :c)
Metroid 4 : :ultsamus::ultzss::ultdarksamus::ultridley:
Fire Emblem 7 : :ultmarth::ultike::ultrobin::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultcorrin:(Lyn)
(Picked Lyn over Roy because she reps more games and is generaly more liked)
Star Fox 4 : :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:(Krystal)
(I feel like Krystal could bring something ver unique to the Star Fox characters)
Kid Icarus 5 : :ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena:(Medusa)
(Medusa could be a Palutena echo with new animations)
Mother 3 : :ultness::ultlucas:(Porky Minch)
(If you know me, you saw this one coming :p)

-Others-
Retro 7 : :ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultrob::ultduckhunt:(Takamaru)(Lip)(Mach Rider)
Xenoblade 3 : :ultshulk:(Elma)(Rex & Pyra)
Capcom 7 : :ultmegaman::ultryu::ultken:(Jill Valentine)(Phoenix Wright)(Dante)(Monster Hunter)
Konami 4 : :ultsnake::ultsimon::ultrichter:(Frogger)
Square Enix : :ultcloud:(Erdrick)(Sora)(Lara Croft)
Sega : :ultsonic::ultbayonetta::ultjoker:(Alex Kidd)(Nights)

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

-First Party-
Super Mario 10 : :ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina::ultbowser::ultbowserjr:(Waluigi)(Captain Toad)
(Doc Mario is a costume and PP is scrapped, i like the boy but i'd rather have Captain toad over him )
The Legend of Zelda 7: :ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink: (Midna)(Impa)(Skull Kid)
Pokemon 8 : :ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultpokemontrainer::ultgreninja:(Guzma)
(At this point i don't care if Adeleine is just a spirit, i just want my baby girl :c)
Fire Emblem 7 : :ultmarth::ultike::ultrobin::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultcorrin:(Lyn)
(I feel like Krystal could bring something ver unique to the Star Fox characters)

-Others-
Retro 7 : :ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultrob::ultduckhunt:(Takamaru)(Lip)(Mach Rider)
Capcom 7 : :ultmegaman::ultryu::ultken:(Jill Valentine)(Phoenix Wright)(Dante)(Monster Hunter)
Hmm.... you missing something?

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman

-First Party-

-Others-
Where is Sega ;( ?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Well, it's because i didn't really want to change anything but now that it hink about it, i kinda want Ashley and Captain Syrup now, i added them.
I used Shake King from Shake Dimension as the new Wario rep
TREMBLE! TREMBLE BEFORE THE MAJESTIC SHAKEY!!!

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Since I enjoy doing these, I made roster images for some of the rosters. (for PupNapoleon's, a third of the roster was a list of series, and I was unfamiliar with a decent amount of them, so I wasn't really sure if I could make an image based on that)

TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4

https://i.imgur.com/SwUgeEj.png

OnyanRings OnyanRings

https://i.imgur.com/LykpMq3.png

It's worth noting that you left out Animal Crossing, Splatoon, Miis, Wii Fit, Punch-Out, Pikmin, and Pac-Man - not sure if that was intentional or not. If it wasn't, then I can add those characters back in. Also, that was the only Monster Hunter icon that I had; I haven't played the series, so I'm not sure if there's one that's better suited for the character.

If anyone else wants an image for their roster, let me know. (EDIT: one ground rule - I'm not going to include characters that didn't originate in and/or are not owned by non-video game companies, since that's the one concrete rule that we have for Smash)

Last edited:

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Since I enjoy doing these, I made roster images for some of the rosters. (for PupNapoleon's, a third of the roster was a list of series, and I was unfamiliar with a decent amount of them, so I wasn't really sure if I could make an image based on that)

TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4

OnyanRings OnyanRings

It's worth noting that you left out Animal Crossing, Splatoon, Miis, Wii Fit, Punch-Out, Pikmin, and Pac-Man - not sure if that was intentional or not. If it wasn't, then I can add those characters back in. Also, that was the only Monster Hunter icon that I had; I haven't played the series, so I'm not sure if there's one that's better suited for the character.

If anyone else wants an image for their roster, let me know.
This is awesome, thank you !
I left them out because i didn't want to change anything about their series, you can add them back if you don't mind ^^

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Is this an excuse or what? Those opinions are objectively stupid. He complains about characters like Chrom for being too similar to others but he wants to add James which is literally Fox with sunglasses.
Gamer Cube quoted me, and then you quoted what he said to me. If you were replying to Gamer Cube about someone else, you probably should have quoted his quote regarding someone else, or tagged Gamer Cube and said you hope x is trolling. Hence the confusion. If the complaint about Chrom is that he's similar to Roy, who is similar to Marth, I don't see how having James from F-Zero would make him the same or similar in move set, even if he looks similar aesthetically. Anyway, if your focus was on someone else, please be mindful of who you quote next time. Use the tag feature if you have to.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
OnyanRings OnyanRings Sounds good. Here's the updated roster, with Inkling, Olimar, Pac-Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, and the Miis added back in. (turned out that I had already included Villager and Isabelle).

https://i.imgur.com/uAy0NTU.png

I think it worked out better; now I could put Yoshi with the rest of the expanded Mario universe.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
OnyanRings OnyanRings Sounds good. Here's the updated roster, with Inkling, Olimar, Pac-Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, and the Miis added back in. (turned out that I had already included Villager and Isabelle).

I think it worked out better; now I could put Yoshi with the rest of the expanded Mario universe.
YES! You got Poochy in this! he's my most wanted for Smash with Bandana Dee 111/10

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533

Now that's a good looking roster ! Thanks again for this ^^

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman

TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4

OnyanRings OnyanRings

If anyone else wants an image for their roster, let me know.
Oh boy sure I want to if you have the time to do it. I will put the link to my post here :
Super Mario Brothers (10) : :ultmario:*(:ultdoc: is an alt) :ultluigi:*:ultpeach::ultdaisy:*:ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultrosalina:Paper Mario, King Boo, Captain Toad*.

:ultmario: : His neutral air is the spin from SMG, and like one the real game, it makes Mario get upward just a little bit(Luigi has the same move). He can float with the cape by maintaining the jump button. The Side-B is now Cappy throw, who deals damages to opponents. He can bounce on him. The F.L.U.D.D can be launched in any direction just like in the real game, it can propulse Mario in the air, or give him a boost. It depends of the direction you decide to input.
:ultluigi: : His moveset is changed. His Down-B now work like :ultkirby: neutral. It sucks his opponents and throw them (you can sacrifice K.Oand absorbs projectiles). He can do that with projectiles. His Side-B is now an hammer which can burries opponents (it's animation is like when he hits something with it in Mario&Luigi games) and meteor-smashes when used in air, like DK side-B. He walljumps and doesn't slip at the end of his dash.
:ultdaisy: : Her Side-B generates crystal out of the floor (like in Super Mario Strikers), so you can hit in front of you with a long-range attack and it's Down-B creates a giant Daisy flower who acts like a platform and can be used in air.
Captain Toad : Can jump, but not very high, and runs faster than the others Mario characters.

Donkey Kong (06) : :ultdk:*:ultdiddy::ultkrool:Dixie Kong (Not an echo), Cranky Kong, Stanley the Bugman.

:ultdk: : His Down-B is replaced by the coconut gun, which can be charged. The trajectory is a curve, and you can choose where you throw the coconut, like Yoshi's Up-B. One of his taunts is replaced by him playing bongo.

Yoshi (02) : :ultyoshi:Kamek

The Legend of Zelda (08) : :ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:*:ulttoonlink:*Skull Kid,Tingle,Impa, Midona.

:ultganondorf: : He has a magical ball from Oot as it Side-B, which can be returned to him when hit, but deals a lot of damage. His Down-B his now a counter used with the sword of the six Sages. His Up-B is a teleportation like Mewtwo. His Aerials still the same.
:ulttoonlink: : His Up-B is now the Wind Waker. It propulses Link in the direction you input by creating wind (you can still attack after that). The wind have also 1 reversed direction when created : one gust which propulses you upward and one created underneath you and goes downward, which can be used for edgeguarding.

Pokemon (09) : :ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultmewtwo::ultpichu:*Blaziken,:ultlucario:Zoroark(or Victini),:ultgreninja:Decidueye.

:ultpichu: : Function like in SSF2.

Metroïd (05) : :ultsamus::ultzss::ultdarksamus:*:ultridley:Mech (from Metroïd Prime : Federation Force)

:ultdarksamus: : Use Phazon attacks.

Kirby (04) : :ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight:Bandana Dee.

Starfox (07) : :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:Krystal(based on Star Fox Adventures), Slippy, Peppy, Pigma.

Fire Emblem (07) : :ultmarth:(:ultlucina: as an alt):ultroy::ultike:(Chrom as an alt),:ultrobin::ultcorrin:Black Knight, (a spear user I guess ? I don't know)

Mother (04) : Ninten*,:ultness:*:ultlucas:*, Porky.

Ninten : Similar to Ness, but with a more defensive playstyle.
:ultness: : His Side-B is now PK Hypnosis, which would function like Mewtwo's Down-B. When he perform a perfect shield, he heals a little bit. His Down-B is PK Rockin, which makes appear a rock who can burry opponents.
:ultlucas: : His Down-B is PK Counter, which will give 1,3 times the damages that Lucas took during the counter to the one whom hit Lucas, and also restore the damage he took.

Kid Icarus (02) : :ultpit:(:ultdarkpit: as an alt):ultpalutena:

Pikmin (03) : :ultolimar:*, Alph(with rock pikmins), Louie(with Bulbmins)

:ultolimar: : Would function like in Brawl, with the same moveset.

Animal Crossing (02) : :ultvillager::ultisabelle:

Non video game character (03) : :ultrob:Mini-Kanguroo, Hanafuda-master.

One-Off (15) : :ultshulk::ultduckhunt::ultlittlemac::ultgnw::ultwiifittrainer::ulticeclimbers::ultfalcon::ultinkling:(Octoling is an alt):ultwario::ultmiifighters:(with musician warrior as an another category of fighter), Springman( Springtron as an alt), Lip, Isaac, Andy, Chibi-Robo, Dr Lobe (from Big Brain Academy).

Third-Parties (08) : :ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman: (Ms PACMAN as an alt), :ultsimon: (Richter as an alt), Bomberman, Steve (from Minecraft), Noctis (from FF XV), Rayman, Outer (from DaemonXMachina), Tetronimo.

Total : 98 characters (100 if :ultpokemontrainer: count as one).
Thank you for your time ;) !

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Oh boy sure I want to if you have the time to do it. I will put the link to my post here :

Thank you for your time ;) !
Sure.

https://i.imgur.com/1SaIZVf.png

Icons don't exist for the main character of Daemon x Machina (at least, from what I could find), so I used Cross from Xenoblade Chronicles X as a placeholder. I don't know much about Fire Emblem, but I know that Ephiram is a main character and a spear user, so I put him in.

I assume you don't want it updated to reflect the Smash roster additions that have happened since that post? (Incineroar, Ken, Piranha Plant, Joker)

Last edited:

Gamer Cube

Smash Apprentice
So? Too many Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem characters. I'm not going to argue because you won't be convinced, I'm sure.

Table Cat Table Cat
I agree there are too many mario, pokemon, and FE, but there are only 6 out of 70 characters from zelda. If you are getting rid of pokemon, may I suggest someone that isn't one of the original 8? Also, Roy is in my opinion one of the funnest FE characters to play, but I'll agree to disagree.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Table Cat Table Cat
Having different opinions isn't trolling. However, saying that the roster "could be good" if roughly a third of the cast (including many fan favourites) was cut with the main reasons given being "I don't like them", "they're from JRPGs", "Yoshi's a dinosaur and dinosaurs should be dead", or "they're generic" seems to be pretty close to it.

Last edited:

Gamer Cube

Smash Apprentice
Dude, no offense but this is gross.
Especially the characters you want to add instead, most of them are senseless (Joltik lol) or pointless (Camilla is a literal fetish).
You cutted unique characters but you kept Dark Pit and all the echoes, also what's the point of making Chrom a skin but keeping Daisy which is a literal skin in the real game?

I seriously hope he's trolling.
IKR? I mean why does everyone want to cut the Puff and Roy? They are bot h balanced and extremely fun to experiment and play around with! Isn't that the point of the whole SSB Universe?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
IKR? I mean why does everyone want to cut the Puff and Roy? They are bot h balanced and extremely fun to experiment and play around with! Isn't that the point of the whole SSB Universe?
If I had to guess, it might be because Jigglypuff doesn't really have the staying power of most of the other Pokemon characters. I don't really follow Pokemon all that closely, so I'm not sure about Greninja, and Incineroar seems too early to tell, but Pikachu's the mascot, the gen. 1 starters have a lot of staying power, Mewtwo's often used as the final challenge in the games so he really stands out, and from what I know, Lucario's been pretty prominent for multiple generations now. As for Jigglypuff, it had a running gag in the first season of Pokemon, and it's easy to make since there are a lot of similarities with Kirby - that might not be enough justification for some people.

As for Roy, there are four characters with extremely similar moves to Marth (I'm including Marth himself in here). If one of them has to go, it might as well be the only one whose game was never released in any form outside of Japan.

Then again, I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't want anyone to be cut, so maybe I'm way off.

Table Cat

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff and Roy being cutted are not really a big problem (I think is way worse cutting Lucas, Lucario, Mac etc..), but the characters he wants to add instead.. Joltik, Camilla, James McCloud, freaking 4th party character!

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
The roster could be good if the following were removed.

:ultbayonetta::ultbowserjr::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultdoc::ultgreninja::ultisabelle::ultjigglypuff::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultlucina::ultmiifighters::ultolimar::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultrob::ultrosalina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultsonic::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultyoshi::ultyounglink:

I don't like Bayonetta in and out of SSB. Bowser Jr. is a Mario character. Cloud is a generic, Saturday morning anime character from some overrated JRPG. Corrin is another generic anime character who looks stupid as both a human and dragon. He's also from a JRPG. Dr. Mario can just be an alternate costume. Greninja is a water-bending knock-off of Sheik. Isabelle is meh. Jigglypuff is not popular. Little Mac is poorly designed. Lucario is Mewtwo for furries. Lucina is just a female version of Marth who isn't even better than Marth. Miis are for casuals. Olimar is meh. Daisy can be reserved for an alternate costume. Pichu is a joke. R.O.B. is just R.O.B. Rosalina is carried by Luma. Roy is to Marth as **** Grayson is to Bruce Wayne. Chrom is just Rike with a worse recovery. Sonic is an obnoxious, arrogant douche. Toon Link isn't even a descendent of Link, making him the Hero of Frauds. Villager has a punchable face. Yoshi is a dinosaur, and like most dinosaurs, he should be dead. Young Link isn't even unique. Like we need another Link.
Dude, no offense, but these picks are horrible. I mean you have some good removal picks in here that some decent people can agree with like Chrom, Doctor Mario, and Lucina but you're very inconstant with the idea of cutting characters who are too similar to another one giving no mention to Dark Pit, Ken, or Richter what so ever. Also, most of the reasons you gave for removing characters are just the result of arrogance and/or personal distastes. I have personal distastes for characters, but I recognize that removing characters from those franchises would upset too many people.
:ultbowserjr: - Bowser Jr. is a Mario character.
There's nothing wrong with more characters from a popular franchise, and you're overlooking the fact that there is nobody else like this character in the game. If you think otherwise, I challenge you to name one other character who is in their vehicle for 80% or more of their attacks.
:ultgreninja: - Greninja is a water-bending knock-off of Sheik.
Not really. They play similarly, but their moves are completely different both bringing different stuff to the table.
:ultjigglypuff: - Jigglypuff is not popular.
Well she was popular at the time of her inclusion, and it wasn't the result of Smash Bros. Her play style is still fairly unique from the rest of the cast, and she has been in the game for an overwhelmingly long amount of time. Removing her would upset way too many people.
:ultlittlemac: - Little Mac is poorly designed.
You're trying to remove characters based on their standings on tier lists? Why not remove Zelda then? She was s*** three games in a row? In all seriousness, it's just a dumb argument.
:ultlucario: - Lucario is Mewtwo for furries.
This is just arrogant intolerance. I'll let it speak for itself.
:ultmiifighters: - Miis are for casuals.
Again with the removal of a character based on the competitive scene? Miis allow a person to play as whoever one wants, and even though they're poorly designed for that purpose, there's still a lot of people who want that option.
:ultbayonetta: - I don't like Bayonetta in and out of SSB.
:ultisabelle: - Isabelle is meh.
:ultolimar: - Olimar is meh.
:ultpichu: - Pichu is a joke.
These remarks literally outright admitted you want these characters cut because of personal distastes. Next.
:ultcloud: - Cloud is a generic, Saturday morning anime character from some overrated JRPG.
:ultcorrin: - Corrin is another generic anime character who looks stupid as both a human and dragon. He's also from a JRPG.
I think that the argument of removing a character because they're from an anime is childish. Just because you have personal distastes for the style of characters doesn't mean everyone hates them. It may be the popular trend to bash them like this on the internet, but the truth is, there are a lot of people out there who like them as characters.

Also, you're not even using the term "Anime" correctly, but then again, nobody does. The term seems to have lost all meaning recently. A lot of people use it as a blanket statement for characters that they're not particularly a fan of just because most of the characters that are unpopular in the Western World look like they could be in an anime.
:ultrosalina: - Rosalina is carried by Luma.
:ultsonic: - Sonic is an obnoxious, arrogant douche.
:ulttoonlink: - Toon Link isn't even a descendent of Link, making him the Hero of Frauds.
:ultvillager: - Villager has a punchable face.
:ultyoshi: - Yoshi is a dinosaur, and like most dinosaurs, he should be dead.
That's just stupid. In the context of which these statements were used in, literally everything said here is a ludicrously foolish. Even if what you're saying about these characters were true, it is obvious at this point that you're cherry picking tiny insignificant details as a reason to exclude characters you don't particularly like. It's out right trolling at this point. Please just stop.
:ultrob: - R.O.B. is just R.O.B.
I don't even know what to say to this one.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4

OnyanRings OnyanRings

If anyone else wants an image for their roster, let me know. (EDIT: one ground rule - I'm not going to include characters that didn't originate in and/or are not owned by non-video game companies, since that's the one concrete rule that we have for Smash)
This only makes me want my madeup roster somewhat more

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Jigglypuff and Roy being cutted are not really a big problem (I think is way worse cutting Lucas, Lucario, Mac etc..), but the characters he wants to add instead.. Joltik, Camilla, James McCloud, freaking 4th party character!
Oh come on! Get over it it's my choice who to add or not!

Jasper the Tourist

Smash Apprentice
Here's who I would DEFINITELY keep from the Ultimate roster. I'm not saying all others should be eliminated, but these are what I believe to be the essential first parties.

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultrosalina::ultbowser::ultyoshi::ultwario::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultsamus::ultridley::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultlucina::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultfox::ultfalcon::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultness::ultolimar::ultlittlemac:

Third parties can get tricky since every video game character out there could be a possible contender. That being said, I think the third parties that we currently have are good picks and I would be fine with or without them, except I'd probably sack the echoes because I'm a minimalist.

Note that I only have Lucina for FE, but that is because I am not very familiar with the series and I know she is very popular. I think there should be more FE characters, but I know there is a lot of debate about which characters. Even not being a fan, I know Lyn should have been a contender. Also, as far as Pokemon go, I know Gens 1, 2 and 6. I haven't played the rest. Since there's hundred of them, I'd be open to the possibilities and I'd be cool with it if Greninja stayed. With Zelda, I'd add Skull Kid and/or Impa.

I would add an Arms character and a Xenoblade character. Keeping Shulk is fine, but I figured a XC2 character might be better. Never played the games, so I'm not sure. I consider Dixie Kong a Nintendo all-star, so I'd add her. Give Kirby a fourth. BWD, I guess. With the state of Star Fox, I'd say having Fox alone rep the series is ok, although I'd be fine with Falco sticking around. I'd add Isaac from Golden Sun as well.

I think I'd rep Ice Climbers, Game and Watch, Duck Hunt and Wii Fit via stages and/or AT's instead.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Gamer Cube Gamer Cube
Roy is cool, but he is still technically an echo figter, whose addition seems to have been based off a promotion. Marth is the original FE character, and Ike is different enough and popular enough to be fine in my book. Jigglypuff has outlived its purpose, while Pikachu is the face of Pokemon. Mewtwo is a villain (or was in the movie, but is noted for his viciousness in the Pokedex).

Megadoomer Megadoomer
Good thing none of those are my reasons, but you were spot-on with Jigglypuff and Roy. So I gave you a like.

TheTrueBrawler TheTrueBrawler
I was under the impression my cuts were limited, but removing Dark Pit wouldn't be a bad idea. He's not a villain, and an echo fighter of Palutena could be a thing for Medusa, although it'd be better if she just had Palutena's model and a different move set of her own. She's been in two-thirds of the series, so she deserves a spot for KI rep.

I'm not big on having recurring third-party characters, but even then, I would prefer Alucard over Richter and Akuma over Ken. As for my motive, who cares? That's not relevant. There are plenty of people who want certain characters because of their own personal taste. And arrogance? I don't know what you're talking about, but that also doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Megadoomer Megadoomer
Good thing none of those are my reasons, but you were spot-on with Jigglypuff and Roy. So I gave you a like.
If it's not your actual reasoning, then it's probably for the best that you don't treat it like your actual reasoning in this very thread:
I don't like Bayonetta in and out of SSB. Bowser Jr. is a Mario character. Cloud is a generic, Saturday morning anime character from some overrated JRPG. Corrin is another generic anime character who looks stupid as both a human and dragon. He's also from a JRPG. Dr. Mario can just be an alternate costume. Greninja is a water-bending knock-off of Sheik. Isabelle is meh. Jigglypuff is not popular. Little Mac is poorly designed. Lucario is Mewtwo for furries. Lucina is just a female version of Marth who isn't even better than Marth. Miis are for casuals. Olimar is meh.

Daisy can be reserved for an alternate costume. Pichu is a joke. R.O.B. is just R.O.B. Rosalina is carried by Luma. Roy is to Marth as **** Grayson is to Bruce Wayne. Chrom is just Rike with a worse recovery. Sonic is an obnoxious, arrogant douche. Toon Link isn't even a descendent of Link, making him the Hero of Frauds. Villager has a punchable face. Yoshi is a dinosaur, and like most dinosaurs, he should be dead. Young Link isn't even unique. Like we need another Link.
That alone fits the definition of trolling, considering that you're deliberately making comments that serve the sole purpose of infuriating people.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
If it's not your actual reasoning, then it's probably for the best that you don't treat it like your actual reasoning in this very thread:

That alone fits the definition of trolling, considering that you're deliberately making comments that serve the sole purpose of infuriating people.
It's been quite some time since I've even been in this thread, so quoting me from some time ago doesn't determine my current attitude. Boy, did I say some interesting things, though. Haha! Damn, I must have been upset that day or something.

Last edited:

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Sure.

https://i.imgur.com/1SaIZVf.png

Icons don't exist for the main character of Daemon x Machina (at least, from what I could find), so I used Cross from Xenoblade Chronicles X as a placeholder. I don't know much about Fire Emblem, but I know that Ephiram is a main character and a spear user, so I put him in.

I assume you don't want it updated to reflect the Smash roster additions that have happened since that post? (Incineroar, Ken, Piranha Plant, Joker)
I updated it, but since we were limited, I cut those new additions. They're great and cool, but I didn't find place for them.

Also, if you want to know why I choose those characters, feel free to ask me ! Especially for cuts like Bayonetta, Joker, Snake, Ken and Richter.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Gamer Cube Gamer Cube
Roy is cool, but he is still technically an echo figter, whose addition seems to have been based off a promotion. Marth is the original FE character, and Ike is different enough and popular enough to be fine in my book. Jigglypuff has outlived its purpose, while Pikachu is the face of Pokemon. Mewtwo is a villain (or was in the movie, but is noted for his viciousness in the Pokedex).

Megadoomer Megadoomer

TheTrueBrawler TheTrueBrawler
I was under the impression my cuts were limited, but removing Dark Pit wouldn't be a bad idea. He's not a villain, and an echo fighter of Palutena could be a thing for Medusa, although it'd be better if she just had Palutena's model and a different move set of her own. She's been in two-thirds of the series, so she deserves a spot for KI rep.

I'm not big on having recurring third-party characters, but even then, I would prefer Alucard over Richter and Akuma over Ken. As for my motive, who cares? That's not relevant. There are plenty of people who want certain characters because of their own personal taste. And arrogance? I don't know what you're talking about, but that also doesn't matter.
Roy isn't "technically an echo fighter." He's a semiclone. About half of his attacks are different from Marth's and his stats and play style are completely different.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I updated it, but since we were limited, I cut those new additions. They're great and cool, but I didn't find place for them.

Also, if you want to know why I choose those characters, feel free to ask me ! Especially for cuts like Bayonetta, Joker, Snake, Ken and Richter.
As far as cuts go, I assumed that you wanted one character per third party company. It seemed like that was pretty consistent, aside from Bomberman and Simon both being owned by Konami.

I thought the number of Star Fox characters seemed like a bit much (especially since, aside from Krystal, the new ones don't seem to have a lot to work with), but I figure that some biases are expected to show up in lists like this. (after all, my list has about twenty third party characters, and a bunch of Nintendo characters that nobody's heard of like Alex Roivas from Eternal Darkness, Mike Jones from Star Tropics, and Isa Jo from Sin & Punishment)

Oh come on! Get over it it's my choice who to add or not!
If it's your dream roster, you should be able to explain why you want certain characters in Smash, or why certain characters should be cut.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Roy isn't "technically an echo fighter." He's a semiclone. About half of his attacks are different from Marth's and his stats and play style are completely different.
Perhaps, but he's still too close for my standards. Ike, Robin, and Corrin are obviously different. By the way, what makes a character a semi-clone? How much change must there be before a character is a semi-clone? Properties don't seem to be the reason.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Perhaps, but he's still too close for my standards. Ike, Robin, and Corrin are obviously different. By the way, what makes a character a semi-clone? How much change must there be before a character is a semi-clone? Properties don't seem to be the reason.
It's not something with fully defined benchmarks, but with a sort of subjective (to a point) spectrum.

In Roy's case, I'd absolutely consider him a semiclone due to having a different neutral special, up special, jab, forward tilt, up tilt, forward smash, up smash, down air, kinda-sorta dash attack, and Final Smash from Marth, while their side special, down special, non-down aerials, throws, down tilt, and down smash are very close. Adding those together with Roy's hilt mechanic juxtaposing Marth's tipper, as well as Roy's faster run speed, fall speed, and aerial drift, and I think there are too many differences to call Roy anything more clone-like than a semiclone. He's not as removed from Marth as, say, Luigi, Wolf, and Ganondorf are from their base characters, but he's also not as close as someone like Doc, Pichu, or the Echo Fighters.

Basically Roy's about on par with or a bit ahead of Isabelle, who shares Villager's throws, neutral special, non-neutral aerials, down tilt, Final Smash, forward tilt (I think), dash attack, and kinda-sorta up special, but has a unique neutral air, side special, down special, up tilt, up smash, forward smash, down smash, and jab. A clear inspiration exists, but she has significant changes from Villager. I'd consider this a semiclone.

That's just my take on it anyway.

Last edited:

Gamer Cube

Smash Apprentice
Why take out Mac? He is honestly balanced. He is great on ground and horrible at recovery.

If I had to guess, it might be because Jigglypuff doesn't really have the staying power of most of the other Pokemon characters. I don't really follow Pokemon all that closely, so I'm not sure about Greninja, and Incineroar seems too early to tell, but Pikachu's the mascot, the gen. 1 starters have a lot of staying power, Mewtwo's often used as the final challenge in the games so he really stands out, and from what I know, Lucario's been pretty prominent for multiple generations now. As for Jigglypuff, it had a running gag in the first season of Pokemon, and it's easy to make since there are a lot of similarities with Kirby - that might not be enough justification for some people.

As for Roy, there are four characters with extremely similar moves to Marth (I'm including Marth himself in here). If one of them has to go, it might as well be the only one whose game was never released in any form outside of Japan.

Then again, I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't want anyone to be cut, so maybe I'm way off.
I know, but I like Roy and Puff. They are fun players and I stand by my point.

Top Bottom