• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Perfect Roster

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
Super Smash Bros represents so many series, and usually does a pretty good job of doing so. But sometimes, series are not represented in the best way possible. Some argue series like Mario, Fire Emblem, and Pokemon are over-represented while Kirby, The Legend of Zelda, and Donkey Kong are under-represented. So, what would each Smash franchises' roster look like if you were designing the game?

Rules
1. No more than 10 characters for one series
2. Roster should be kept under 100 (or relatively close to that number)
3. Be creative and create a roster that shows who you are, but still be somewhat realistic
4. Cut characters can have reasoning
5. New series can be added, but the majority of your answer should focus on preexisting Smash series
6. Feel free to only rate the series you care about or want to
7. Retro series (Ice Climber, Game & Watch...) and series with only one major character (Wii Fit) do not have to be included

Super Mario: :ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultpeach:

-Dr. Mario is an alternate costume for Mario
-The Koopalings are still alternate costumes for Bowser Jr.
-Captain Toad is added as a playable fighter
-Captain Toadette is Captain Toad's echo fighter
-Waluigi is added as a playable fighter

Yeah, it's a lot of fighters, but I felt like with the addition of Toad, Toadette, and Waluigi, all the important Mario characters would be represented in the game. I wavered on Paper Mario, but ultimately left him off, as I wanted one version of each character (yes, I know 3D Mario and Paper Mario are different characters in canon). I wasn't gonna add Toadette, even as an echo fighter, but decided to include her (as an echo) because of her increasingly important status within the Mario games. I mean she practically appears in every game now, spin off or not, as she was in Super Mario Odyssey before Luigi was, not to mention Bowser Jr., Rosalina, Waluigi, and Daisy aren't in the game at all.

Donkey Kong: :ultdk::ultdiddy:
:ultkrool:
-Added Dixie Kong as a playable fighter
-Added Cranky Kong as a playable fighter

Here's where things get a bit controversial. if this were my DREAM roster, I don't know if Cranky would've been included. But I think that Donkey Kong deserves five reps. The series is a key Nintendo franchise and has been since the 1990s. DK, Diddy, Dixie, and K. Rool are all no-brainers. I think Cranky could be the one to kind of represent more modern Donkey Kong and bring in elements from that.

The Legend of Zelda: :ultlink::ultzelda:/:ultsheik::ultganondorf:

-Removed Young Link
-Removed Toon Link
-Added Impa as a playable fighter
-Added Skull Kid as a playable fighter
-Added Midna as a playable fighter
-Zelda/Sheik combined; made transformation fighters
-Ganondorf is redesigned from the ground up

I wouldn't mind Young Link or Toon Link being kept, but this goes with my theme of no overlap characters. Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf are your staples. Impa is an important side character and represents Ocarina of Time. Skull Kid represents Majoras Mask. Midna represents Twilight Princess. This way there is a character representing most of the major Zelda games. The only other big ones are Skyward Sword, Breath of the Wild, and Wind Waker. I was gonna include Ghirahim but I couldn't find an icon for him. With Breath of the Wild and Wind Waker, I don't think there was a side character that stood out enough in either of them to be included.

Metroid: :ultsamus:/:ultzss::ultridley::ultdarksamus:

-Dark Samus is de-echoed
-Sylux is added as a playable fighter
-Samus/Zero Suit Samus combined; made transformation fighters

Even with Dark Samus and Ridley, Metroid feels a bit under-represented to me, especially with Dark Samus as an echo, which is why I de-echoed him. Zero Suit Samus and Samus were combined to go with one character-one slot (you know the drill). They would switch just like Sheik/Zelda did in Brawl. I added Sylux assuming he's gonna be the big villain in Metroid Prime 4, because I feel he can represent more modern day Metroid and show the series is still alive.

Star Fox: :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:

-Added Slippy Toad as a playable fighter
-Added Peppy Hare as a playable fighter
-Falco is further differentiated from Fox
-Wolf is further differentiated from Fox

I originally planned on adding Krystal, but dropped her, controversially I might add, in favor of Slippy Toad and Peppy Hare. I think it would be nice to have every main member of the Star Fox team in the game. Slippy and Peppy have appeared in every title, and warrant an inclusion in Smash. Plus, Star Fox does not get enough credit. It's remained (somewhat) relevant since the SNES and has not gotten much representation in Smash, especially when you consider how similar Fox, Falco, and Wolf are.

Kirby: :ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight:
(Marx)
-Added Bandana Dee as a playable fighter
-Added Marx as a playable fighter
-Galacta Knight is an alternate costume for Meta Knight

Kirby's three current characters in Smash represent the series well, but I still feel there's more they could do. Bandana Dee is an obvious choice, and fits into Smash Bros perfectly. The fifth rep can really be anyone who played a significant role in one of the games. I went with Marx because he's extremely popular and has a cool moveset and look that would blend well with the rest of the cast. Adeline or Magolor could also be the fifth Kirby character, but I felt Marx was the best choice.

Pokemon: :ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultgreninja:
(Zoroark)
-Cut Pichu
-Added Incineroar as a playable fighter
-Added Zoroark as a playable fighter

I wanted to add a a representative for every generation, because I feel like that is the best way to represent Pokemon. Incineroar was the Gen VII Pokemon and Zoroark is the Gen V rep. I feel Zoroark is a good choice because he's a dark type, which also is not represented in Smash as of right now. I couldn't think of a Gen III Pokemon that really stuck out to me, so for now it still remains unrepresented. Pichu was cut because he felt unnecessary to be honest, and more of a last minute edition in Melee.

Yoshi: :ultyoshi:

This series is represented fine. It's pretty big, but I don't think any of the other characters in it are big enough to warrant an inclusion. Baby Bowser is basically Bowser Jr. Poochy is not popular enough. Kamek is an interesting villain, but does not suit a playable role well. Baby Mario could be cool, but it goes against my rule of one fighter per character.

F-Zero: :ultfalcon:

-Black Shadow is Captain Falcon's echo fighter

F-Zero is the only Smash 64 series (counting Yoshi as a Mario character) without a second character. It's really a shame, because while the series might be dead, it was a major part of Nintendo's success throughout the 1990s and early 2000s. Black Shadow is an interesting and mysterious villain who would work well as an echo to Captain Falcon.

Earthbound: :ultness::ultlucas:
-Ninten is an alternate costume of Lucas

I was really close to adding Porky Minch, but he's not that well known of a villain and I think Ness and Lucas do a good job of representing Earthbound. Plus, making a functional Porky who uses his machine would be quite a difficult task. Ninten was added as an alt costume to please all of his fans, plus to have all three protagonists of each of the games (Mother, Earthbound, Mother 3) included in Smash as playable.

Fire Emblem: :ultmarth::ultike::ultroy::ultrobin

-Added Lyn as a playable fighter
-Cut Corrin
-Lucina and Chrom changed to alternate costumes for Marth

The Fire Emblem cast has drastically changed. As much as I sometimes feel the roster is overpopular with FE characters, I found it really hard to cut any of them. I decided instead to make Lucina and Chrom costumes for Marth. I didn't want to cut Lucina, Chrom, or Robin completely because in my eyes they're this iconic trio from Fire Emblem Awakening, one of the best games in the series. Marth, Ike, and Roy were kept because of their popularity and position in the franchise as some of the biggest characters. Lyn was added for being a fan favorite, female, and a star of the first FE game released in the West. Plus she helps draw attention away from the criticism that FE has too many blue haired swordsman.

WarioWare: :ultwario:

-Added Ashley as a playable fighter

Not much changed here, but Wario was joined by fan favorite Ashley. That's not the only reason I included her though. Not only does Ashley hold such a special place with fans of the WarioWare franchise, but she's also incredibly unique and the series deserves a second character. It's been consistently releasing games for over a decade now, and I feel having Wario be the only character from the games doesn't do the series justice. There's so much more these titles have to offer and showcase, so Ashley could help display that.

Kid Icarus: :ultpit::ultpalutena:

-Dark Pit is an alternate costume for Pit
-Added Medusa as a playable fighter

Some may argue Kid Icarus is already over-represented, but I think quite the opposite because of what the series means to Nintendo and it's fans. It symbolized how series that are presumed to be dead (F-Zero, Golden Sun, Earthbound, Custom Robo...) still could someday make a return. That means a lot in the video gaming world, where franchises are usually doomed to never make a return, especially after being inactive for over 10 years. Plus, three Kid Icarus games have been released and more are certainly coming. Medusa as a villain makes perfect sense, as Smash does not have a female antagonist yet.

Pikmin: :ultolimar:
-Charlie and Brittany are made alternate costumes of Olimar

I decided to add in the rest of the Pikmin 3 explorers as costumes. You might find it odd that Kid Icarus has three playable characters while Olimar has one, despite both series having three games, but there's a reason for that. When it comes to Pikmin, the games are mostly centered around Olimar and his adventures with the Pikmin. There's not a ton of important side characters, and even when there is a boss or friend you run into on the way, they're usually not suitable for Smash.

Animal Crossing: :ultvillager::ultisabelle:

With Isabelle now in Smash, there's no one else from Animal Crossing who needs to be in the game. Villager is the person you play as in the games, while Isabelle is sort of the mascot. It's like how in Pokemon Red and Blue you have your starters, Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle, but the games mascot is Pikachu. Isabelle represents New Leaf, one of the 3DS' most successful titles. You could make the case for Tom Nook being playable, the series doesn't need anymore newcomers.

Punch-Out!!: :ultlittlemac:

I don't see a need to add any more characters because how could you truly differentiate them from Little Mac when everyone in the game is a boxer? Plus there's only been a handful of games, none of which sold exceptionally. That's not to say Little Mac doesn't warrant a place in Smash; he has earned his spot and I'm glad the Punch-Out series is represented.

Xenoblade: :ultshulk:

-Added Rex & Pyra as playable fighters

I haven't played a Xenoblade title yet, but the series constantly growing, as is it's fanbase. With another game out, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, it's main character should surely be playable in Smash. Rex & Pyra are extremely popular, as has the Xenoblade series become. I can already tell in a couple of years it will be one of Nintendo's big franchises, so might as well start representing it more in Smash now.

Splatoon: :ultinkling:
-Octoling is an alternate costumes for Inkling

The fact that the series only has two game isn't why it only got one character. I just don't know how else you could expand. Callie and Marie work perfect as assist trophies, Pearl and Marine aren't very well known, and to me the Octolings are best as alternate costumes. The games mainly center around the Inkling, so I don't see a need to add another fighter.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Getting rid of transformation fighters was one of the best things they did in Smash 4. Sucks that Trainer brought it back.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
"Retro series (Ice Climber, Game & Watch...) and series with only one major character (Wii Fit) do not have to be included "

EVIL!!! - Mermaid Man

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Super Mario (9): :ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina::ultbowser::ultbowserjr:(Captain Toad)(Paper Mario)
Legend of Zelda (7): :ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink:(Vaati)(Midna)(Impa)
Donkey Kong (4): :ultdk::ultdiddy:(Dixie Kong):ultkrool:
Pokemon (8): :ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultpokemontrainer:(Pokemon Ranger)(PMD2 Grovyle)(Gardevoir)
Kirby (6): :ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:(Bandana Dee)(Marx)(Adeleine & Ribbon)
Metroid (4): :ultsamus::ultzss::ultdarksamus::ultridley:
Fire Emblem (10): :ultmarth:(Anna)(Tiki)(Lyn):ultike::ultrobin:ultlucina::ultchrom:(Fjorm):ultcorrin: (10 characters, xddd)
Star Fox (6): :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:(Krystal)(Slippy)(Peppy)
Kid Icarus (8): :ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena:(Hades)(Medusa)(Phosphora)(Viridi)(Magnus)
Mother (9): (Ninten):ultness:(Paula)(Jeff):ultlucas:(Kumatora)(Boney)(Duster)(Pokey)
Animal Crossing (2): :ultvillager::ultisabelle:
Splatoon (2): :ultinkling:(Octoling)
Other (25): :ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultmiifighters::ultpacman::ultolimar::ultrob::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultwario::ultyoshi::ultsimon::ultshulk::ultryu::ultlittlemac::ultsnake::ultrichter::ultbayonetta:(Lip)(Springman)(Ribbon Girl)(Shantae)(Sandbag)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Super Mario Bros.::ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultdoc::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr:Geno
Donkey Kong::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:Dixie Kong
The Legend of Zelda::ultlink::ultsheik:Impa:ultzelda::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink:Skull Kid
Metroid::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultridley:Sylux
Yoshi::ultyoshi:
Kirby::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:Bandana Dee
StarFox::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:Leon
Pokemon::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultgreninja:Incineroar, Gen 8 Pokemon
EarthBound::ultness::ultlucas:Ninten
F-Zero::ultfalcon:Black Shadow
Ice Climber::ulticeclimbers:
Fire Emblem::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultike:Black Knight:ultrobinCelica:ultcorrin:Edelgard
Game & Watch::ultgnw:
Kid Icarus::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena:Medusa
WarioWare::ultwario:
Metal Gear Solid::ultsnake:
Sonic the Hedgehog::ultsonic:Shadow
Pikmin::ultolimar:
R.O.B.::ultrob:
Animal Crossing::ultvillager::ultisabelle:
Mega Man::ultmegaman:
Wii Fit::ultwiifittrainer:
Punch-Out!!::ultlittlemac:
Mii::ultmiifighters:
Pac-Man::ultpacman:Ms. Pac-Man
Xenoblade Chronicles::ultshulk:Elma, Rex
Duck Hunt::ultduckhunt:
Street Fighter::ultryu:Ken
Final Fantasy VII::ultcloud:Zack
Bayonetta::ultbayonetta:
Splatoon::ultinkling:Octoling
Castlevania::ultsimon::ultrichter:
Banjo-Kazooie: Banjo-Kazooie
Soulcalibur: Nightmare
Golden Sun: Isaac, Felix
ARMS: Spring Man, Ribbon Girl
Rhythm Heaven: Tap Trial Girl
Famicom Detective Club: Ayumi

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Perfect eh?

Nintendo
Mario::ultmario:(:ultdoc: Alt):ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultrosalina::ultdaisy:
/
duo
Donkey Kong::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:
(DK semi clone)
Zelda::ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultsheik::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink:(Decloned with MM based moveset)

Metroid: :ultsamus::ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultzss:(Returned as transformation)
Yoshi::ultyoshi:

Kirby: :ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:

Star Fox: :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:

Pokemon: :ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultjigglypuff::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultgreninja:

Earthbound::ultness::ultlucas:

F-Zero::ultfalcon:

Fire Emblem: :ultmarth::ultroy::ultike::ultrobin:ultlucina::ultcorrin::ultchrom:

Kid Icarus::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit: (Brawl moveset)
Pikmin: :ultolimar:
(Echo)
Wario::ultwario:

Animal Crossing::ultvillager::ultisabelle:
Punch Out: :ultlittlemac:
Xenoblade::ultshulk:

Splatoon::ultinkling:
Golden Sun:

ARMS:
/

Rhythm Heaven:
/
duo
Chibi Robo:

Retro::ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultrob::ultduckhunt:

Mii::ultmiifighters:

3rd Party
Metal Gear: :ultsnake:
Sonic::ultsonic:
(Semi clone)
Mega Man: :ultmegaman:

Pac-Man::ultpacman:
Street Fighter: :ultryu:
(Echo)
Final Fanasty::ultcloud:
Bayonetta::ultbayonetta:
Castlevania: :ultsimon::ultrichter:
Rayman:

Kingdom Hearts:

Banjo-Kazooie:

(sizes may vary...)

Satisfied with this?

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Oy here we go this is about to be a doozy. My perfect roster would consist of only 1st party characters. So you won't be seeing any Cloud Strife's or Snake's, etc. on this list so here we go...

Super Mario series: Mario, Luigi, Captain Toad (Toadette as alt), Peach, Daisy, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Waluigi, Paper Mario, and Rosalina. Total 10 characters, Dr. Mario gets cut he isn't important and hate characters that are the exact same character as a different slot.

Donkey Kong series: Donkey, Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, and K.Rool. Funky becomes an assist trophy. Total 5 characters

Yoshi series: Yoshi Total 1 character

Wario series: Wario, Ashley, Captain Syrup. Ashley is added to represent the Ware franchise and Syrup is added to represent the Land franchise. Total 3 characters

Metroid series: Samus, Dark Samus, Ridley, Sylux, and Anthony Higgs. Zero Suit Samus goes back to Brawl and is a transformation of Samus doesn't get her own character slot. Total: 5 characters

The Legend of Zelda series: Link, Toon Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Impa, and Skull Kid. Sheik gets cut in my roster and her moveset goes to Impa. Sorry Sheik fans. Also Young Link gets cut as well. Total 6 characters.

Fire Emblem series: Roy, Ike, Chrom, Lucina, Corrin, Robin, and Marth all make it out safe in my roster. Black Knight is a newcomer. So 8 FE characters in total.

Animal Crossing series: Villager and Isabelle. Total 2 characters

Pikmin series: Olimar and Louie (Brittaney and Alph as alts.). Total 2 characters

Pokemon series: Pikachu, Pichu, Mewtwo, Lucario, Decidueye, Gengar, Jigglypuff, Greninja, Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard), Team Rocket (Meowth, Koffing, and Wabbufet). 10 playable characters.

Punch-Out!! - Little Mac and King Hippo. Total 2 characters.

Star Fox - Wolf, Fox, Falco, and Krystal. Total 4 playable characters.

F-Zero - Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh, and Black Shadow. Total 3 playable characters

Splatoon - Inklings, Octolings, and DJ Octavio. Total 3 playable characters.

Kid Icarus: Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena, and Medusa. Total 4 playable characters.

Xenoblade: Shulk, Elma, and Rex & Pyra. Total 3 playable characters.

Retro Picks: Duck Hunt, Ice Climbers, and Mr. Game & Watch. Total 3 playable characters. R.O.B. is cut he isn't even a videogame character technically.

Mii/Wii series: Mii and Wii Fit Trainer. Total 2 playable characters.

Kirby series: Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Bandana Dee. Total 4 playable characters.

ARMS series: Spring-Man with the rest of the cast as alts. 1 playable character.

Golden Sun series: Issac. 1 playable character.

Chibi-Robo series: Chibi-Robo. 1 playable character.

Rhythm Heaven series: Chorus Kids. 1 playable character.

Earthbound/Mother series: Lucas, Ness, Porky Minch. Total 3 characters.

So my roster has a total of..... 77 characters.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Here's my perfect roster take:

Nintendo (85 characters)

Super Mario Bros. (10) ::ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultdoc::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr: (Captain Toad) (Geno)

Donkey Kong (4) ::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool: (Dixie Kong)

The Legend of Zelda (9) ::ultlink::ultsheik: (Impa) :ultzelda::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink: (Skull Kid) (Midna)

Metroid (4) ::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultridley:

Yoshi (1) ::ultyoshi:

Kirby (4) ::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede: (Bandana Dee)

StarFox (3) ::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:

Pokemon (10) ::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultgreninja: (Sceptile)

EarthBound (2) ::ultness::ultlucas:

F-Zero (2) ::ultfalcon: (Black Shadow)

Ice Climber (1) ::ulticeclimbers:

Fire Emblem (10) ::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultike::ultrobin:ultcorrin: (Lyn) (Anna) (Edelgard)

Game & Watch (1) ::ultgnw:

Kid Icarus (4) ::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena: (Medusa)

WarioWare (2) ::ultwario: (Ashley)

Pikmin (1) ::ultolimar:

R.O.B. (1) ::ultrob:

Animal Crossing (2) ::ultvillager::ultisabelle:

Wii Fit (1) ::ultwiifittrainer:

Punch-Out!! (1) ::ultlittlemac:

Mii (1) ::ultmiifighters:

Xenoblade Chronicles (3) ::ultshulk: (Elma) (Rex)

Duck Hunt (1) ::ultduckhunt:

Splatoon (2) ::ultinkling: (Octoling)

Golden Sun (1) : (Isaac)

ARMS (2) : (Spring Man) (Ribbon Girl)

Rhythm Heaven (1) : (Karate Joe)

Famicom Detective Club (1) : (Ayumi)

3rd Party (15 characters)

Metal Gear Solid (1) ::ultsnake:

Sonic the Hedgehog (3) ::ultsonic: (Shadow) (Tails)

Mega Man (1) ::ultmegaman:

Pac-Man (1) ::ultpacman:

Street Fighter (2) ::ultryu: (Ken)

Final Fantasy VII (1) ::ultcloud:

Bayonetta (1) ::ultbayonetta:

Castlevania (2) ::ultsimon::ultrichter:

Banjo-Kazooie (1) : (Banjo-Kazooie)

Xenosaga (2) : (KOS-MOS) (T-elos)

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
Mario Series (10): :ultmario::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowserjr::ultrosalina:(Waluigi)(Paper Mario)(Geno)
Geno is my most wanted. Love the Paper Mario games, and as much as I hate Waluigi, a lot of people want him, and part of making a dream roster is making it good for everyone. Cut Dr. Mario for an alt costume because I think that is sufficient.

DK Series (4): :ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:(Dixie)
Added Dixie as she should already be in the game in my opinion.

Zelda Series (8): :ultlink::ultzelda::ultsheik::ultganondorf::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink:(Skull Kid)(Vaati)
Love Skull Kid and Vaati, I think if numbers weren't an issue, I'd want both.

Metroid Series (4): :ultsamus::ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultzss:

Yoshi Series (2): :ultyoshi:(Kamek)
Kamek because why not. Throw Zinith a bone.

Kirby Series (4): :ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:(Bandana Dee)
Bandana Dee is highly requested. I think he deserves a spot.

Star Fox Series (4): :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:(Krystal)
Krystal would have been a great addition for Ultimate, definitely would have been in if I chose.

Pokemon Series (10): :ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultpokemontrainer::ultpokemontrainer::ultpokemontrainer::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultgreninja:(Decidueye)
I'd rather see Decidueye over Incineroar personally.

Earthbound/Mother (3): :ultness::ultlucas:(Porky)
Porky would give another villain. If they could find a creative way to make it work with his mechanism (whatever you want to call it) I think would be really neat.

Fire Emblem Series (8): :ultmarth::ultike::ultroy::ultchrom::ultlucina::ultrobin:ultcorrin:(Black Knight)
I loved PoR and think Black Knight could be a fun character.

Kid Icarus Series (3): :ultpit::ultpalutena:(Medusa)
Dark Pit cut to be an alt costume, adding Medusa because she would be another villain and I think she could be really interesting.

Wario Series (2): :ultwario:(Ashley)
I think Ashley would have been a good addition. No attachment, but very popular.

Animal Crossing Series (2): :ultvillager::ultisabelle:

Xenoblade Series (2): :ultshulk:(Rex and Pyra)
Rex and Pyra would make a very unique character. X2 was pretty good from what I played.

Other (13): :ultfalcon::ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultinkling::ultlittlemac::ultgnw::ultolimar::ultrob::ultwiifittrainer:(Isaac)(Springman)(Takamaru)(Dillon)
Cut Miis. Just finished Golden Sun and it was amazing, so Isaac is a natural fit to me. Springman represents Nintendo's newest IP. Takamaru represents a retro game. Dillon has an awesome look and think he could have a creative moveset.

Third Party Series (17): :ultsnake::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultryu::ultpacman::ultsimon::ultrichter:(Cecil FF4)(Terra FF6)(Banjo Kazooie)(Rayman)(Shovel Knight)(Shantae)(Bomberman)(Sora)
Final Fantasy was always one of my favourite series'. I loved Cecil and Terra. I don't think they are likely but if I was put in charge, I'd pick them for sure. BK is a personal favourite of mine. Rayman, Sora and Bomberman are all hugely popular, so I think they would be fun additions. Shovel Knight and Shantae would represent the indy games, and I think it would be a cool addition.

Some additions are for the fans, because to me a dream roster to me makes the most people happy.

96 Characters.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Nintendo (75)
Mario (8): Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Daisy, Waluigi, Captain Toad
Zelda (8): Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Ganon, Skull Kid, Impa, Tingle, Vaati
Pokemon (6): Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Mewtwo, Eevee
Kirby (3): Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede
Metroid (3): Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Ridley
Star Fox (4): Fox, Wolf, Krystal, Andross
Donkey Kong (4): Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool
Yoshi (1): Yoshi
Earthbound/Mother (1): Ness
F Zero (1): Captain Falcon
Retro (2): Mr. Game & Watch, Mike Jones
Fire Emblem (9): Marth, Alm, Lyn, Ike, Robin, Corrin, Edelgard, Tiki, Anna
Kid Icarus (2): Pit, Palutena
Wario (1): Wario
Pikmin (1): Olimar
Animal Crossing (3): Villager, Isabelle, Tom Nook
Wii (1): Mii
Punch Out (1): Little Mac
Xenoblade (3): Shulk, Elma, Rex
Splatoon (1): Inkling
Arms (1): Spring Man
Wars (1): Andy
Chibi Robo (1): Chibi Robo
Rhythm Heaven (1): Marshal
Golden Sun (1): Isaac
Sin & Punishment (1): Saki
Legend of Starfy (1): Starfy
Custom Robo (1): Ray Mk II
Pushmo (1): Mallo
Dillon (1): Dillon
Snipper Clips (1): Snip & Clip
Labo (1): Toy Con Robot

3rd Party (25)
Konami (3): Snake, Simon, Bomber Man
Sega (3): Sonic, Bayonetta, Jack Frost
Capcom (3): Mega Man, Ryu, Edward Falcon
Square (3): Cloud, Sora, Agnes
Rare (4): Banjo & Kazooie, Conker, Johanna Dark, Rash
Activison (3): Crash, Spyro, Axel Steel
Tecmo (3): Hayabusa, Kasumi, Naotora II
Namco (1): Pac Man
Ubisoft (1): Rayman
Interplay (1): Earthworm Jim

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Mario: :ultmario:, :ultluigi:, :ultbowser:, :ultpeach:, :ultdaisy:, :ultrosalina:, King Boo, Pauline, Bowsette (heck you i do what i want)
Zelda: :ultganondorf: (reworked), :ultlink:, :ultzelda: (reworked), Linkle, Midna, Skull Kid
Pokemon: :ultpikachu:, :ultmewtwo:, :ultlucario:, Tyranitar, Gardevoir, Gothitelle
Kirby: :ultkirby:, :ultkingdedede:, :ultmetaknight:, Marx, Waddle Dee {will basically be Bandana Dee but also uses Parasol and other similar attacks}, Suzie, Gooey, Ribbon, Adeline
Metroid: :ultsamus:, :ultdarksamus:, :ultzss:, :ultridley:, Sylux
Fire Emblem: :ultike:, :ultrobin, :ultcorrin:, Anna, Sword-Users {:ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom:} which uses :ultmarth:'s moveset as one character, Axe-Users {Camilla, Hector, Etc.}, Magic-Users {Tharja, Cecilla, Etc.} as one character, Bow-Users {Takumi, Lyn, Etc.} as one character
Kid Icarus: :ultpit:, :ultdarkpit:, :ultpalutena: (Reworked), Phosphora
Xenoblade: :ultshulk:, Elma, Rex+Pyra, KOS-MOS
Animal Crossing: :ultvillager:, :ultisabelle:, Tom Nook, Blathers
Splatoon: Inkling, Octoling, Marina, Salmonid Rioter
ARMS: Twintelle, Lola Pop
F-Zero: :ultfalcon:, Black Shadow (using :4ganondorf:'s moveset), Jody Summers
Mii: :4miibrawl:, :4miigun:, :4miisword:, Magic-User, Puppet-User
Legacy Collection: :ultness:, :ulticeclimbers:, :ultgnw:, :ultolimar:, :ultrob:, :ultwiifittrainer: (Reworked), Balloon Fighter, Captain N
Konami: :ultsnake:, Raiden, Alucard
Sega: :ultsonic:, Shadow
Capcom: Zero (Mega Man X), Chun Li, Jill Valentine, Morrigan Aensland, Dante from the Devil May Cry Series
Namco-Bandai: Jun Kazama {Tekken}, Nightmare {SoulCalibur}
Square Enix: :ultcloud:, Sephiroth, Terra, 2B {Nier: Automata}, Lara Croft {Tomb Raider}, Adam Jensen {Deus Ex}
Rare: Joanna Dark {Perfect Dark}
Other Third-Party: Sora, Aqua {Kingdom Hearts}, Shantae, Travis Touchdown

77 Nintendo Characters + 23 Third-Party Characters = 100 Characters

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I would definitely focus on showcasing a variety of Nintendo series rather than adding a bunch of characters for Mario or Pokemon or whatever. I'd want to showcase Nintendo's extensive library of series. So with that, I will only allow a single series to have 5 characters at the most.

SUPER MARIO
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Toad
DONKEY KONG
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
LEGEND OF ZELDA
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Impa
Tingle
METROID
Samus
Ridley
FIRE EMBLEM
Marth
Tiki
Ike
KIRBY
Kirby
Dedede
Meta Knight
STAR FOX
Fox
Wolf
POKEMON
Pikachu
Charizard
Gardevoir
Lucario
Greninja
SOLE REPRESENTATIVE
Yoshi
Wario
Captain Falcon
Villager
Mr. Game & Watch
Little Mac
Duck Hunt
Excitebiker
R.O.B.
Pit
Donbe
Ayumi
Andy
Ness
Lip
Isaac
Olimar
Starfy
Barbara
Chibi-Robo
Tibby
Mii Fighter
Wii Fit Trainer
Shulk
Nikki
Dillon
Inkling
Spring Man

It's a very cut down roster but given how every character on here would probably be unique and not clones (maybe Luigi-fied) I think a smaller roster would be the onlyway to achieve such a diverse cast.

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Super Mario
Mario/Doctor Mario alts
Luigi
Bowser
Peach(Daisy echo)
Bowser Jr/Koopalings
Rosalina
Waluigi
Captain Toad/Toadette

DKC
Donkey Kong(Funky Kong echo)
Diddy
Dixie
Rool

LoZ
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Young Link
Ganondorf(not Falcondorf)
Impa
Skull Kid
Toon Link

Metroid
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Dark Samus
Ridley

Yoshi's Island
Yoshi
Kamek

Kirby of the Stars
Kirby
Meta Knight
Dedede
Bandana Dee

Starfox
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pichu
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Charizard
Lucario
Greninja
Incineroar

F-Zero
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow(replacing Falcondorf)

Earthbound
Ness(Paula Polestar echo)
Lucas

Fire Emblem
Marth(Lucina echo)
Roy(Chrom echo)
Ike
Robin
Corrin

Kid Icarus
Pit(Dark Pit echo)
Palutena

Wario Land
Wario
Captain Syrup

Animal Crossing
Villager
Isabelle

Xenoblade
Shulk
Elma

Singular Reps
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch
Olimar(Alph echo)
ROB
Wii Fit Trainer
Duck Hunt
Little Mac
Lip
Inkling

Third Party
Sonic(Shadow echo)
Solid Snake
Ryu(Ken echo)
Pac-Man(Ms. Pac-Man echo)
Mega Man
Simon(Richter echo)
Cloud
Bayonetta
Shantae
Banjo Kazooie

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Super Mario: :ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultrosalina::ultdoc:
Yoshi: :ultyoshi: (Kamek)
WarioWare: :ultwario: (9-Volt) (Ashley) (Mona)
Donkey Kong: :ultdk::ultdiddy:(Dixie Kong) (Cranky Kong) :ultkrool:
Legend of Zelda: :ultlink::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultzelda::ultsheik::ultganondorf: (Impa) (Ganon)
Kirby::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:(Bandana Dee)
Star Fox: :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf: (Krystal)
Kid Icarus: :ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena:
Fire Emblem: :ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultike::ultrobin:ultcorrin: (Lyn)
Metroid::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultridley:
Pokemon: :ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultpokemontrainer::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultgreninja:
Earthbound: :ultness::ultlucas:
Animal Crossing: :ultvillager::ultisabelle:
Xenoblade Chronicles: :ultshulk:(Elma) (Rex)
Mii: :ultmiifighters:(all three types)
Castlevania::ultsimon::ultrichter:
Sonic: :ultsonic: (Shadow) (Tails)
All fighters from 1 character franchises
Mysterious Murasame Castle: Takamaru
Panel-de-Pon: Lip
Golden Sun: Isaac
ARMS: Spring Man
Bomber Man

D

Deleted member

Oh boy, here we go:

Mario (8): Dr. Mario, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Toad, Geno
Yoshi (1): Yoshi
Wario (1): Wario
Donkey Kong (4): Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, K. Rool
The Legend of Zelda (3): Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Tingle
Metroid (2): Samus, Ridley
Kirby (4): Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Bandanna Dee
Pokemon (5): Pikachu, Pichu, Gengar, Jigglypuff, Lucario
Star Fox (3): Fox, Falco, Wolf
Fire Emblem (2): Marth, Ike
Mother (2): Ness, Lucas
Animal Crossing (2): Villager, Isabelle
Kid Icarus (1): Pit
F-Zero (1): Captain Falcon
Xenoblade Chronicles (1): Shulk
Pikmin (1): Olimar
Punch-Out (1): Little-Mac
Wii (4): Wii Fit Trainer, Mii Fighters
Splatoon (1): Inkling
Retro (5): Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Ice Climbers, Duck Hunt Duo, Mike Jones
Other (2): Chibi-Robo, Issac
Sonic the Hedgehog (3): Sonic, Metal Sonic, Dr. Eggman
Metal Gear (1): Solid Snake
PAC-MAN (1): Pac-Man
Mega Man (1): Mega Man
Street Fighter (1): Ryu
Bayonetta (1): Bayonetta
Square Enix (3): Cloud, Crono, Slime
Castlevania (1): Simon Belmont
Banjo-Kazooie (1): Banjo-Kazooie
Shovel Knight (1): Shovel Knight
Bomberman (1): Bomberman
Rayman (1): Rayman

Total: 70

Last edited by a moderator:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
If you're going to let me create a perfect roster, there isn't a chance I'm not including new franchises. I think we have several missing pieces of existing ones, but a lot other Nintendo games could also use some representation. I also think to have the perfect Smash Bros roster you're not allowed to cut anyone. I'm also not going to count Echo fighters towards the total of 10.

Here's my list

Mario: :ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultdoc: + Captain Toad + Waluigi + Geno

Toad is probably the single biggest Mario character that isn't playable in some form at this point. Geno is a highly requested fighter who would also have a unique fighting style. Waluigi has his fans and arguably just kind of fits. There's a lot that can be done with these characters and honestly Mario should have a lot of representation in Smash.

Zelda: :ultlink::ultzelda::ultsheik::ultganondorf:(Reworked):ultyounglink::ulttoonlink: + Skull Kid + Impa
Zelda could use some non-triforce wielders, so I figured I'd add the most popular two. Impa has shown up a lot over the years and could play really interestingly with a dedicated move set. Skull Kid by nature would have to have an incredibly unique move set to make sense and work. They're generally the most popular Zelda requests, so I think they're the best additions. I'd really love to add Midna, but that's a big personal bias showing. Ganondorf should also be heavily reworked in to a more interesting character. Zelda could use a lot of buffs too.

Pokemon: :ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultgreninja: + Sceptile + Incineroar
Pokemon is actually pretty well represented despite having way too much focus on Gen 1. I think a good way to correct that is to just include Pokemon from other gens. Sceptile is a popular gen 3 pick, and I'd love to have him in my own bias way. Incineroar I'm pretty sure I'll be adding to the veterans pool soon anyway, but I do find him compelling enough if he's made to play up the heel concept and just a basic fire breathing and punching fighter.

Fire Emblem: :ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultike::ultrobin:ultcorrin: + Lyn + Hector (Or Edelgard apparently)
Lyn by far is the most popular Fire Emblem character not currently in the game and certainly deserves a spot, even though she does use a katana. If they made her more unique for that fact, I think she'd be great and a lot more likable. We also really, really need more classes from Fire Emblem, and an axe user is preferred. Hector is my personal favorite, but if Edelgard is one she could also nab this spot.

Metroid: :ultsamus::ultdarksamus:(Decloned):ultzss::ultridley: - Honestly, pretty happy with the Metroid representation at this point. Maybe Sylux if he really is such a big part of Metroid Prime 4, but for now, this works for me. Well, I'd probably rework Dark Samus to be unique.

Donkey Kong: :ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool: + Dixie Kong
We're almost to a great place with Donkey Kong. I think we really NEED Dixie Kong as part of the roster at this point as she's a huge character to the DK series in general. I'd also much prefer if she ended up properly unique with the emphasis on her using her hair. Besides her... Maybe Cranky Kong, but I don't need him as much.

Kirby: :ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede: + Bandanna Dee
I'm actually pretty happy with the Kirby representation. But I like Bandanna Dee as a spear wielder, which would be nice to see in Smash, and boy a lot of people really seem to love him. I think he's earned a spot in Smash at this point.

Star Fox: :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf: + Krystal
A proper staff user would be nice to add to Smash, and Krystal has some long-standing fans. She isn't my favorite character, but I think she deserves a place in Smash, if for nothing else than to be a completely unique and new Star Fox character. At this point the Star Fox roster would be perfect in my eyes.

Animal Crossing: :ultvillager::ultisabelle: + Tom Nook
Tom Nook is the also one of the biggest missing icons for Smash in my mind, so I think he really deserves to be in. Especially if they play up his devious nature a little bit. Otherwise, maybe K.K. Slider as another addition, but he's less important to me despite how much I like him.

Kid Icarus: :ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena: + Medusa
A female villain representative that could pull from a lot of powers and a lot of people like her. Pretty easy addition that would please people.

Mother/Earthbound: :ultness::ultlucas: + Porky
I'd like to see another unique newcomer from Mother, and Porky checks a lot of interesting boxes to make me want him playable in his mech. I don't know if the series really needs another newcomer, but I'll allow it.

Xenoblade: :ultshulk: + Elma + Rex/Pyra
Xenblade has grown a lot since the last Smash game, and I think it deserves newcomer accordingly. Elma is maybe not the most necessary character, but I just like her design and her potential. Rex/Pyra seems like a no brainer honestly after the success of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. So add them both in.

Pikmin: :ultolimar: + Alph and Louie skins
Really, just give Olimar the rock Pikmin as well and add in Louie as a skin too. I think that'd be all you'd need for Pikmin to be in a good place. Maybe upgrade one of them to Echo...

F-Zero:ultfalcon: + Black Shadow (Taking Ganondorf's old move set)
Yeah, I think a Black Shadow (Echo? Not sure, I feel like he'd need different attributes) addition would be all you'd need. I like F-Zero a lot, but I don't know if it needs a lot more characters to be added.

Punch-Out: :ultlittlemac:
Doesn't really need a new rep. I could see like King Hippo being added, but I don't think it's necessary.

Wario: :ultwario: + Ashley + Captain Syrup
WarioWare and Wario Land deserve some love. Ashley seems to be the breakout star of the series and I like her, so she's in. Wario Land I don't know as much about, but I like the ideas I've seen for Captain Syrup, so throw her in.

Yoshi: :ultyoshi: (Boshi skin cause Mario RPG bias) + Kamek
I know Kamek isn't a huge deal, but he's the primary enemy of Yoshi and just sort of feels right to be paired with Yoshi at this point.

Splatoon::ultinkling: (Octoling alts)
Inklings are all you really need. Octolings can be alts, I don't think they need to be an Echo.

Mii: :ultmiifighters:
They just get to stay

Nothing to add here.

Retro: :ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultrob::ultduckhunt: + Lip + Takumaru + Ayumi
Yeah... I want to add a lot of retro reps because I'm interested in them. I think that Takumaru has earned enough support to be considered a good choice for Smash. Lip as well and she's has some cool possibilities. And Ayumi would just be the chance for a hilarious all around addition that's very unique.

Third Parties: :ultsonic: (Shadow Echo):ultsnake::ultmegaman::ultpacman:(Mrs. Pac-Man skin):ultryu:(Ken Echo):ultcloud::ultbayonetta: :ultsimon::ultrichter: + Slime + Rayman + Crash + Banjo Kazooie
Existing franchises I'm not such a big fan of adding characters to besides the obvious and easy requested Echo fighters. Dragon Quest by far is the largest Japanese franchise not currently represented in Smash and despite the Slime being generic, he's the undeniable icon of a series that could be made in to a really fun and unique character as opposed to the more traditional main characters that I feel wouldn't be as interesting. Crash and Rayman are part of the big wave of 90s platformers, and Rayman especially has some good connections to Nintendo over the years. Crash would be hilarious as the final nail to PS All-Stars as Smash has become the best version of that and would also help establish the Nintendo/Sega/Sony trinity of the 90s. Finally Banjo Kazooie is only third party in legality, and just makes sense. He's one of the most requested fighters at this point and would be a huge get.

NEW SERIES:
Golden Sun: Isaac
Heavily requested fighter with a lot of unique move set potential. Golden Sun could use the boost for a potential revival and he's still a decent part of Nintendo history.

Excitebike: Excitebiker
Excitebiker is super interesting as a concept I want to see in Smash, so let's give it a shot. Given how the Excite series has kind of stuck around I wouldn't count him as a retro rep.

Chibi-Robo: Chibi-Robo
Come on, he's adorable and Super Smash Flash 2 just shows how great of a move set he could really have.

Advance Wars: Andy
Obviously another big request. A lot of neat potential for a commander type of move set.

Sin and Punishment: Saki
Yeah, let's let him in at this point. Maybe not the most original move set can be made, but I'd like to see him.

Dillion: Dillion
A newer character that seems to have gotten some attention and deserves a shot.

ARMS: Springman + Ribbon Girl Alt
A big new game for Nintendo, and one that should get some attention. He seems to just be an inevitability at this point to be completely honest.

So, yeah, this got a little away from me and I just started having some fun with the list in making a perfect Smash game for myself and other people. I definitely went over 100 and added far too many characters, but I think this would pretty much satisfy everyone possible with this massive roster that pays a lot of attention to non-represented games, fan requests, and some of the more notable missing pieces of existing franchises. There's a little bit of my personal bias in selecting like the new retros and third parties, but I think you can make a compelling argument for most of them too. I love the roster as is, there are just several more interesting characters I'd love to see included. That's why I dread when we start having to seriously deal with cuts. I want to see all of these all-stars and just Nintendo characters in general get a chance to shine in the same game.

Edit: If you have to twist my arm and say that this is just way too much, I can cut several still; Captain Toad, Incineroar, Hector/Edelgard, Medusa, Elma, Porky, Captain Syrup, Ayumi, Crash, Rayman, Saki, and Dillion. Those are the ones I have the easiest time cutting and think most people would in general with the other additions on this list. That's still a lot, but a little more manageable. I'd probably also do a couple of cuts in that case too despite the fact I again really dislike cuts despite their inevitability.

Edit 2: Coincidentally, I have 103 fighters. Which would be awesome to be able to match the number of stages. I also added Slime because Dragon Quest really feels like it should be in.

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
This is a late edit, but I have revising when it comes to this dream roster.

Roster:
  1. Mario
  2. Doctor Mario
  3. Luigi
  4. Peach
  5. Rosalina and Luma
  6. Yoshi
  7. Bowser
  8. Bowser Jr
  9. Piranha Plant
  10. Wario
  11. Waluigi
  12. Donkey Kong
  13. Diddy Kong
  14. Dixie Kong
  15. King K Rool
  16. Link
  17. Toon Link
  18. Wolf Link and Midna
  19. Wild Link
  20. Zelda
  21. Impa
  22. Ganondorf
  23. Skull Kid
  24. Samus
  25. Ridley
  26. Pit
  27. Palutena
  28. Dark Pit
  29. Hades
  30. Marth
  31. Roy
  32. Lyn
  33. Ike
  34. Robin
  35. Corrin
  36. Kirby
  37. Bandana Dee
  38. King Dedede
  39. Meta Knight
  40. Fox
  41. Falco
  42. Wolf
  43. Pikachu
  44. Jigglypuff
  45. Mewtwo
  46. A good Representative from Generations II, III, or V.
  47. Lucario
  48. Greninja
  49. Incineroar
  50. The Yet To Be Named Final Evolution of Grookey.
  51. Mr Game and Watch
  52. Little Mac
  53. Duck Hunt
  54. Ice Climbers
  55. ROB
  56. Captain Falcon
  57. Ness
  58. Lucas
  59. Villager
  60. Isabelle
  61. Issac
  62. Olimar
  63. Wii Fit Trainer
  64. Shulk
  65. Elma
  66. Rex and Pyra
  67. Inkling
  68. Springman
  69. Pac-Man
  70. Simon
  71. Alucard
  72. Snake
  73. Ryu
  74. Ken
  75. Mega Man
  76. Sonic
  77. Tails
  78. Banjo and Kazooie
  79. Bayonetta
  80. Steve
  81. Sans
  82. SSBU-DLC#1
  83. SSBU-DLC#2
  84. SSBU-DLC#3
  85. SSBU-DLC#4
  86. SSBU-DLC#5
  87. Mii Brawler
  88. Mii Swordfighter
  89. Mii Gunner
Transformations:
Zelda to Sheik through Final Smash. Can be canceled by holding the B button.
Samus to Zero Suit Samus through Final Smash. Can be canceled by holding the B button.
Rex Pyra to Rex Mythra through Down Special. Pyra/Mythra is still linked to their Rex. He is not affected by the transformation.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Super Mario: 10: :ultmario::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina:(Geno) (Dimentio) (Waluigi)
Because Geno
DK: 7: :ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool: (Dixie) (Funky) (Kranky) (Lanky)
Decent fighters. Also Lanky.
Zelda: 10: :ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink::ultsheik: (Linle) (Impa) (Skull Kid) (Vaati) (Ghirahim)
2nd most in need of new, more interesting fighters.
Metroid: 5: :ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultridley::ultzss: (Sylux)
(Most likely going to appear in MP4)
Yoshi: 3: :ultyoshi: (Yarn Yoshi) (Kamek)
It's nice to see Yoshi with more than one fighter
Kirby: 10: :ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight: (Bandana Waddle Dee) (Magolor) (Marx) (Adeline and Ribbon) (Gooey) (Galacta Knight) (Queen Sectonia)
Easily the most underrepresented series in Smash. Every fighter here has amazing unique moveset potential.
Star Fox: 7: :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf: (Slippy) (Peppy) (Krystal) (Andross)
Because Starlink.
Pokemon: 8: :ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario: (Decidueye) (Lycanroc) (Incineroar)
New gens
Ice Climber: 1: :ulticeclimbers:
Keep 'em
Fire Emblem: 5: :ultmarth::ultike::ultrobin(Lyn) (Celica)
See signature. There's no way a series as small as FE deserves 7 reps if over half of them are clones of each other. Keep the Cat in the Hat, get rid of Things 1, 2, and 3. Roy and Corrin are boring. Add Lyn and Celica because they can actually be unique.
Game and Watch: 1: :ultgnw:
See Ice climber
Kid Icarus: 5: :ultpit::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit: (Viridi) (Medusa)
Because why not. KI is cool. Greek mythology and stuff.
Wario Ware: 3: :ultwario: (Ashley) (Mona)
If Waluigi doesn't count as Wario Ware, someone else should.
Metal Gear Solid: 1: :ultsnake:
(Only thing keeping MGS alive)
R.O.B.: 1: :ultrob:
See Ice Climber, Game and Watch
Mega Man: 1: :ultmegaman:
PAC-MAN: 1: :ultpacman:
Sonic the Hedgehog: 1: :ultsonic:

Keep those 3 above because why not
Xenoblade Chronicles: 3: :ultshulk: (Rex and Pyra) (Elma)
Because at least Fire Emblem with lasers is cooler than Fire Emblem itself.
Final Fantasy VII: 1: :ultcloud:
Crossover.exe has started working
Bayonetta 2: 1: :ultbayonetta:
See Final Fantasy VII
Splatoon: 7: :ultinkling: (Octoling) (Callie) (Marie) (Pearl) (Marina) (DJ Octavio)
Make. My. Day. An echo, Callie and Marie (with Pearl and Marina as echoes, respectively), for moveset potential, and DJ so I can DROP THE SEA BASS!!!
Castlevania: 3: :ultsimon::ultrichter: (Alucard)
Because vampires
Halo: 2: (The Master Chief) (Arbiter)
See Final Fantasy VII, Bayonetta 2
ARMS: 1: (Spring-Man [with others as alts])
Same as Bowser Jr.
Shovel Knight: 1: (Shovel Knight)
INDIE
Hollow Knight: 1: (Hollow Knight)
See Shovel Knight

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
10 roster.png

Notes:

Mario franchise includes all the important Mario characters. Koopalings are still Jr's alts. Doc alts for Mario and Luigi. They don't throw pills just fireballs. I don't think it's that important. Toadette actually to be based more off the New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe and can transform into Peachette for some moves whilst Captain Toad is a ground based stage manipulator who can block opponents off and perform crazy stunts with environment shifting and Waluigi can 'cheat' with a slightly glitchy moveset as if he didn't originally belong there...

Yoshi and Wario don't usually get much love so I decided to change that. Kamek can summon minions to fight his opponents, Ashley can summon demonic versions of the rest of the WarioWare cast. Game and Watch is referenced in 9-Volts moveset alongside a bunch of other retros. Lanky>Cranky and Funky.

Zelda had way more characters I wanted to add such as the champions as I felt Gorons and Zoras were pretty important to Zelda as a whole, but threw Masked Link in as a compromise instead. Each Zelda character reps a different game with the sole exception of Skull Kid and Masked Link.

Dark Pit is just an alt for Pit, Medusa was a must have, Octoling and Anthony Higgins are based off Inkling and Samus but use a few unique specials.

Kirby gets a ton of reps including the missing Dee, the original player 2 in Gooey, IMO one of the more memorable villains in a world of one shot antagonists and Adeline who I picked because...I just prefer her to Marx. Falcon no longer forever alone.

Fire Emblem I felt it was important to include an axe/lance user and some sort of rider character. Since Corrin has the transformation fighter covered, I left the likes of Tiki off, and her blade can sort of become a lance I sided with the axe user Camilla. Fates technically sold the best so I guess it's not too bad to have two Fates characters? Lucina is an alt for Marth in her masked outfit.

Pokemon has it's old reps except Puff is swapped out for Meowth who has superior anime importance and Pichu for a more unique Gen 2 rep in Scizor. Every gen gets a rep. Gardevoir could easily have been Blaziken, but went with Inciniroar for the second fire starter instead.

The row below it is a mess of one offs for Nintendo series although I tossed Xenoblade a bone for it's rise in popularity. Kept Duck Hunt despite my disdain for 'retro reps' as he's at least iconic unlike the Ice Climbers.

Three Sonic characters, Three famous Japanese 'Man' third party characters, Three Western third parties and a character who constantly was mistaken for not being a third party.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
View attachment 170038

Notes:

Mario franchise includes all the important Mario characters. Koopalings are still Jr's alts. Doc alts for Mario and Luigi. They don't throw pills just fireballs. I don't think it's that important. Toadette actually to be based more off the New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe and can transform into Peachette for some moves whilst Captain Toad is a ground based stage manipulator who can block opponents off and perform crazy stunts with environment shifting and Waluigi can 'cheat' with a slightly glitchy moveset as if he didn't originally belong there...

Yoshi and Wario don't usually get much love so I decided to change that. Kamek can summon minions to fight his opponents, Ashley can summon demonic versions of the rest of the WarioWare cast. Game and Watch is referenced in 9-Volts moveset alongside a bunch of other retros. Lanky>Cranky and Funky.

Zelda had way more characters I wanted to add such as the champions as I felt Gorons and Zoras were pretty important to Zelda as a whole, but threw Masked Link in as a compromise instead. Each Zelda character reps a different game with the sole exception of Skull Kid and Masked Link.

Dark Pit is just an alt for Pit, Medusa was a must have, Octoling and Anthony Higgins are based off Inkling and Samus but use a few unique specials.

Kirby gets a ton of reps including the missing Dee, the original player 2 in Gooey, IMO one of the more memorable villains in a world of one shot antagonists and Adeline who I picked because...I just prefer her to Marx. Falcon no longer forever alone.

Fire Emblem I felt it was important to include an axe/lance user and some sort of rider character. Since Corrin has the transformation fighter covered, I left the likes of Tiki off, and her blade can sort of become a lance I sided with the axe user Camilla. Fates technically sold the best so I guess it's not too bad to have two Fates characters? Lucina is an alt for Marth in her masked outfit.

Pokemon has it's old reps except Puff is swapped out for Meowth who has superior anime importance and Pichu for a more unique Gen 2 rep in Scizor. Every gen gets a rep. Gardevoir could easily have been Blaziken, but went with Inciniroar for the second fire starter instead.

The row below it is a mess of one offs for Nintendo series although I tossed Xenoblade a bone for it's rise in popularity. Kept Duck Hunt despite my disdain for 'retro reps' as he's at least iconic unlike the Ice Climbers.

Three Sonic characters, Three famous Japanese 'Man' third party characters, Three Western third parties and a character who constantly was mistaken for not being a third party.
What is the software for making those roster/tier list charts called? I need to know.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Mario
:ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultdoc::ultluigi::ultmario::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina:(Geno)(Paper Mario)

I don't think Mario needs a lot of changes tbh. I'm fine with everyone who's already here. While I personally don't care much about Geno, I do enjoy reactions from people getting a character they've wanted for years. Ridley and K.Rool reaction vids are amazing.

Paper Mario'd need to be wholly unique. Moveset based on his partners from the first three games (Preferably first two but I'm not anti-Pixl), hammers and all sorts of shenanigans. Hell, I'll even meet you halfway and say his final smash should be one of the Thing moves from Sticker Star/Color Splash.

Yoshi
:ultyoshi:(Kamek)

Yoshi don't need much, but I'm in the minority that believes that Kamek would have a TON to add to the series. Mostly a slow immobile character, yeeting his playstation buttons attack everywhere. With a warping mechanic and a quick escape attack on his broom. Could be a very potentially fun but also potentially IRRITATING opponent. Great at range, beans up close. Gimme.

Zelda
:ultganondorf::ultlink::ultsheik::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink:*:4zelda:(Impa)

Alright so I've got a few changes here. While I'd like to see Ganondorf overhauled altogether, I think that he's now different enough from Captain Falcon that he barely resembles him anymore as of Ultimate. He's a lot of fun to watch people play as also, so tbh I'll keep him the same. Three almost identical Links... Not needed. Happy to keep Young Link in there, but give him masks and a transforming character like Pokemon Trainer. We need far more of those, and Deku/Zora/Goron Link is perfect. Zelda is great in general but her TP outfit is the best so at least give me that option. Add in Impa as she's the obvious next Zelda character, make her based on her Hyrule Warriors form.

Pokemon
:ultgreninja::ultjigglypuff::ultlucario::ultmewtwo::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer:(May)(Incineroar)

Keep all the Pokemon as they are, they're great. Pichu will be top tier.

Add in May as a similar flavor to Pokemon Trainer, but she's got Snivy/Quilava/Swampert. This ensures every generation is represented well plus we still get more transforming types. Yiss

Add in Incineroar. I've said it before, I'll say it again. He shoots fire out of his crotch. Tell me that wouldn't be HILARIOUS in Smash Bros.

Metroid
:ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultridley:(Rundas)

Metroid's doing well for itself in Ultimate already, but I think rounding out with a fifth is great, and while Sylux is cool and more recognizable, I think Rundas brings a lot more to the table. Ice Climbers/Lucas are very bad at being ice-based characters and I think that Rundas can really take that idea and really run with it in a unique way. Plus, you get Chris Sabat in the game then. Rundas vs Lucario matches will be prevalent.

Star Fox
:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:(Slippy)

I don't know a lot about Star Fox, but I'm generally against cuts if I don't actively dislike a character so all three stay in. That said, let's put Slippy in there too as a turret-based attacker and base his moveset around that. Different augments changing the turret, whether he leaves it as a stronger, stationary turret or a weaker one that follows him around, or changing from big explodey bullets to faster, Bayonnaise flavored ones. Lots and lots of potential.

Fire Emblem
:ultcorrin::ultike::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultrobin:ultroy::ultchrom:(Hector)(Ephraim)

I'm very anti-the FE hate that goes around, and honestly think they could use more fighters, just more unique ones. I don't mind having several different kinds of the same moveset represented here especially since the characters themselves are great. Absolutely no FE cuts, ever.

In fact, lets add a couple lords here.

Hector, being a big slow, axe wielding brute. Let's do that, man. It'd be unique for FE, it'd be unique for Smash. I love it.

Ephraim is weird because he's a character I have no attachment to, having never played Sacred Stones, but I see his popularity and I think there's a ton of potential for a lance-wielder in the game. I think he's the best bet for it.

I'm not against Edelgard or anything but I'd rather wait until the game's been out for a bit. Corrin's moveset is amazing but Corrin themselves is a little boring lol

Donkey Kong
:ultdiddy::ultdk::ultkrool:(Dixie)

Just as it is, but give me a unique-moveset Dixie Kong pulling stuff from Tropical Freeze. Final Smash is to have an animal buddy stampede featuring all the previous buddies from the series. I have such a mighty need.

Animal Crossing
:ultvillager::ultisabelle:

It's fine as is. Though I'll be real with you, before Villager came in, I always thought Tom Nook would have been the Smash rep.

Kirby
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight:(Marx)

Sorry, Bandana Dee. Marx has a lot more potential. I think he'd be a TON of fun, if he's anything like he was in Star Allies.

Mother
:ultlucas::ultness:(Duster)

I think we're good for the most part, but I'd like to see Duster all the same. Staple gun, smoke bombs, etc. I think he'd be very unique. Plus am totally for getting disabled-representation in Smash Bros in some way.

Xenoblade
:ultshulk:(Rex/Pyra)

Basically what everyone says. I'll be real- I'd prefer Tora and Poppy but they aren't as iconic. And I'd gladly get Skye Bennet into this game even if it means Rex's terrible VA

Kid Icarus
:ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena:

These are fine the way they are tbh. I could see potential for Hades/Medusa/Viridi/Whatever but I think we're good here. Maybe a rework for Pittoo.

One-Off
:ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultinkling::ultlittlemac::ultmiifighters::ultgnw::ultolimar::ultrob::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer:(Mike Jones from Startropics)

No real changes. These guys are fine. Would like an additional retro rep in Mike from Startropics to bring that series back to take the place of Classic Zelda releases in future games.

Third Party
:ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsonic:(Banjo/Kazooie)

You'll notice this is the only section with substantial cuts. I am not.. in general, a fan of 3rd party characters in Smash Bros. For the most part I feel like they don't really belong. Mega Man/Pac Man/Sonic are all HUGE members of video game history, and so is Simon. Richter gets to stay because he's just an echo and tbh I like him better than Simon lol

Yes, that means I've cut:
:ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultryu::ultsnake:

I hate Bayonnaise and never wanted her in the game. I think she's not fun to play as or against. Cloud would be fine, but he's just got no history with Nintendo. I know FF7 is coming to Switch but... It's specifically the game that Square LEFT Nintendo to make. Would rather see a Black Mage or something. Geno will have to do. Ryu, again he just never felt like he fit in. I don't think Street Fighter is as iconic as a lot of people seem to believe and I don't think the roster is missing much with him gone. Snake always felt like an odd choice, even/especially back in Brawl. He's more a playstation guy.

Hopefully I didn't miss anyone

Edit:
I did go ahead and add back in Ryu. He's fun enough and not too irritating, and yeah SF is iconic in its own right. Also added Shantae. If I can't have Shovel Knight, then she's the next best choice.

101818.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

-Mario
-Peach
-Bowser
-Luigi
-Wario
-Daisy
-Waluigi
-Rosalina
-Link (skins from each version of the character)
-Zelda
-Ganon
-Impa
-Sheik
-Tingle
-Samus
-Ridley
-Sylux
-Dark Samus
-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong
-Dixie Kong
-K.Rool
-Fox
-Falco
-Wolf
-Kirby
-Meta Knight
-Dedede
-Bandana Dee
-Yoshi
-Kamek
-Ness
-Lucas
-Porky Minch
-Ninten
-Pikachu
-Pokémon Trainer
-Mewtwo
-Darkrai
-Marth
-Ike
-Daraen/Robin
-Lyn
-Black Knight
-Mr.Game & Watch
-Captain Falcon
-Black Shadow
-Shulk
-Elma
-Little Mac
-King Hippo
-Ice Climbers
-Pit
-Palutena
-Medusa/Hades
-Villager
-Canela/Isabelle
-Tom Nook
-Solid Snake
-Sonic
-Pac-Man
-Megaman
-Simon Belmont
-Cloud Strife/Black Mage
-Crash Bandicoot
-Spyro
-Ryu
-Rayman
-Banjo Kazooie
-Conker
-Alex Kidd/NiGHTS
-Heidachi

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Super Mario Brothers (10) : :ultmario:*(:ultdoc: is an alt) :ultluigi:*:ultpeach::ultdaisy:*:ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultrosalina:Paper Mario, King Boo, Captain Toad*.

:ultmario: : His neutral air is the spin from SMG, and like one the real game, it makes Mario get upward just a little bit(Luigi has the same move). He can float with the cape by maintaining the jump button. The Side-B is now Cappy throw, who deals damages to opponents. He can bounce on him. The F.L.U.D.D can be launched in any direction just like in the real game, it can propulse Mario in the air, or give him a boost. It depends of the direction you decide to input.
:ultluigi: : His moveset is changed. His Down-B now work like :ultkirby: neutral. It sucks his opponents and throw them (you can sacrifice K.Oand absorbs projectiles). He can do that with projectiles. His Side-B is now an hammer which can burries opponents (it's animation is like when he hits something with it in Mario&Luigi games) and meteor-smashes when used in air, like DK side-B. He walljumps and doesn't slip at the end of his dash.
:ultdaisy: : Her Side-B generates crystal out of the floor (like in Super Mario Strikers), so you can hit in front of you with a long-range attack and it's Down-B creates a giant Daisy flower who acts like a platform and can be used in air.
Captain Toad : Can jump, but not very high, and runs faster than the others Mario characters.

Donkey Kong (06) : :ultdk:*:ultdiddy::ultkrool:Dixie Kong (Not an echo), Cranky Kong, Stanley the Bugman.

:ultdk: : His Down-B is replaced by the coconut gun, which can be charged. The trajectory is a curve, and you can choose where you throw the coconut, like Yoshi's Up-B. One of his taunts is replaced by him playing bongo.

Yoshi (02) : :ultyoshi:Kamek

The Legend of Zelda (08) : :ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:*:ulttoonlink:*Skull Kid,Tingle,Impa, Midona.

:ultganondorf: : He has a magical ball from Oot as it Side-B, which can be returned to him when hit, but deals a lot of damage. His Down-B his now a counter used with the sword of the six Sages. His Up-B is a teleportation like Mewtwo. His Aerials still the same.
:ulttoonlink: : His Up-B is now the Wind Waker. It propulses Link in the direction you input by creating wind (you can still attack after that). The wind have also 1 reversed direction when created : one gust which propulses you upward and one created underneath you and goes downward, which can be used for edgeguarding.

Pokemon (09) : :ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultmewtwo::ultpichu:*Blaziken,:ultlucario:Zoroark(or Victini),:ultgreninja:Decidueye.

:ultpichu: : Function like in SSF2.

Metroïd (05) : :ultsamus::ultzss::ultdarksamus:*:ultridley:Mech (from Metroïd Prime : Federation Force)

:ultdarksamus: : Use Phazon attacks.

Kirby (04) : :ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight:Bandana Dee.

Starfox (07) : :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:Krystal(based on Star Fox Adventures), Slippy, Peppy, Pigma.

Fire Emblem (07) : :ultmarth:(:ultlucina: as an alt):ultroy::ultike:(Chrom as an alt),:ultrobin::ultcorrin:Black Knight, (a spear user I guess ? I don't know)

Mother (04) : Ninten*,:ultness:*:ultlucas:*, Porky.

Ninten : Similar to Ness, but with a more defensive playstyle.
:ultness: : His Side-B is now PK Hypnosis, which would function like Mewtwo's Down-B. When he perform a perfect shield, he heals a little bit. His Down-B is PK Rockin, which makes appear a rock who can burry opponents.
:ultlucas: : His Down-B is PK Counter, which will give 1,3 times the damages that Lucas took during the counter to the one whom hit Lucas, and also restore the damage he took.

Kid Icarus (02) : :ultpit:(:ultdarkpit: as an alt):ultpalutena:

Pikmin (03) : :ultolimar:*, Alph(with rock pikmins), Louie(with Bulbmins)

:ultolimar: : Would function like in Brawl, with the same moveset.

Animal Crossing (02) : :ultvillager::ultisabelle:

Non video game character (03) : :ultrob:Mini-Kanguroo, Hanafuda-master.

One-Off (15) : :ultshulk::ultduckhunt::ultlittlemac::ultgnw::ultwiifittrainer::ulticeclimbers::ultfalcon::ultinkling:(Octoling is an alt):ultwario::ultmiifighters:(with musician warrior as an another category of fighter), Springman( Springtron as an alt), Lip, Isaac, Andy, Chibi-Robo, Dr Lobe (from Big Brain Academy).

Third-Parties (08) : :ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman: (Ms PACMAN as an alt), :ultsimon: (Richter as an alt), Bomberman, Steve (from Minecraft), Noctis (from FF XV), Rayman, Outer (from DaemonXMachina), Tetronimo.

Total : 98 characters (100 if :ultpokemontrainer: count as one).

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
:ultchrom:(with different moves, please tell me which moves could be replaced)
Hell, the whole thing, potentially. Chrom, and Lucina (Who should be more like Chrom than Marth), was shown to be a much more acrobatic fighter in Awakening. Him using Ike's Up Special is very much a good representation of the things they did in game. He could also be a little more fencer-like than Marth, though Marth does several fencer things as well.

I'd honestly prefer if Chrom were to be his upgraded class, the Great Lord. Swapping between the Falchion and a Brave Lance, with the Fire Emblem on his arm as a shield. He could be wholly unique in that aspect. Hell, you could basically just take out his counter (Which he can't learn in Awakening anyway) and have his down special be switching weapons, there's a unique possibility for ridiculous combos. Heck, even have his sword stance be just what he has now, but the lance moveset being unique. Chrom could have a LOT of potential.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Why remove so many fun and unique movesets? I get some of the clones, and Bayonetta, but...
I don't like Bayonetta in and out of SSB. Bowser Jr. is a Mario character. Cloud is a generic, Saturday morning anime character from some overrated JRPG. Corrin is another generic anime character who looks stupid as both a human and dragon. He's also from a JRPG. Dr. Mario can just be an alternate costume. Greninja is a water-bending knock-off of Sheik. Isabelle is meh. Jigglypuff is not popular. Little Mac is poorly designed. Lucario is Mewtwo for furries. Lucina is just a female version of Marth who isn't even better than Marth. Miis are for casuals. Olimar is meh.

Daisy can be reserved for an alternate costume. Pichu is a joke. R.O.B. is just R.O.B. Rosalina is carried by Luma. Roy is to Marth as **** Grayson is to Bruce Wayne. Chrom is just Rike with a worse recovery. Sonic is an obnoxious, arrogant douche. Toon Link isn't even a descendent of Link, making him the Hero of Frauds. Villager has a punchable face. Yoshi is a dinosaur, and like most dinosaurs, he should be dead. Young Link isn't even unique. Like we need another Link.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
The roster could be good if the following were removed.

:ultbayonetta::ultbowserjr::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultdoc::ultgreninja::ultisabelle::ultjigglypuff::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultlucina::ultmiifighters::ultolimar::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultrob::ultrosalina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultsonic::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultyoshi::ultyounglink:
I don't like Bayonetta in and out of SSB. Bowser Jr. is a Mario character. Cloud is a generic, Saturday morning anime character from some overrated JRPG. Corrin is another generic anime character who looks stupid as both a human and dragon. He's also from a JRPG. Dr. Mario can just be an alternate costume. Greninja is a water-bending knock-off of Sheik. Isabelle is meh. Jigglypuff is not popular. Little Mac is poorly designed. Lucario is Mewtwo for furries. Lucina is just a female version of Marth who isn't even better than Marth. Miis are for casuals. Olimar is meh.

Daisy can be reserved for an alternate costume. Pichu is a joke. R.O.B. is just R.O.B. Rosalina is carried by Luma. Roy is to Marth as **** Grayson is to Bruce Wayne. Chrom is just Rike with a worse recovery. Sonic is an obnoxious, arrogant douche. Toon Link isn't even a descendent of Link, making him the Hero of Frauds. Villager has a punchable face. Yoshi is a dinosaur, and like most dinosaurs, he should be dead. Young Link isn't even unique. Like we need another Link.
Obvious troll is obvious.

RESPECT fell harshly!

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Obvious troll is obvious.

RESPECT fell harshly!
I'm not a troll. Just because I don't agree with others doesn't make me a troll. I'm also not seeking respect. The thing I've learned years ago is that people you might respect or look up to without actually knowing them oftentimes turns out badly. You end up getting disrespected or ignored by those you like. Popularity and fame are overrated.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812

I mean, those are, for the most part, very arbitrary and bad arguments...

And one can not let this insult to Nightwing stand, since I think that's how you meant it... Roy & Nightwing are way better than Marth and Batman (Though I actually like Batman)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I mean, those are, for the most part, very arbitrary and bad arguments...

And one can not let this insult to Nightwing stand, since I think that's how you meant it... Roy & Nightwing are way better than Marth and Batman (Though I actually like Batman)
They're not arguments.

I was comparing Roy to Richard Grayson (funny how **** is censored, but douche isn't) in terms of being in Marth's and Bruce's shadow. I like Grayson as well, with Tim Drake as second for Robin. I wasn't saying anything bad about Grayson.

DongleDude

Smash Rookie
Super Mario (8)-Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr (With paintbrush), Geno (Number 1 character I want )Paper Mario (TTYD focused, I love Mario RPG and TTYD’s the best one) Dr. Mario.

Donkey Kong (4)-DK, Diddy, K Rool, Funky Kong (DK Echo so best Kong can get in)

Wario (2)-Wario, Waluigi (I want a Spinoff Rep)

Yoshi(0)-I hate Yoshi so much

Zelda (7)-Link, Toon Link, Young Link, Ganondorf, Zelda, Shiek, Skull Kid (He’s Cool and is a villain)

Kirby(4)-Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Bandana Waddle Dee

Pokémon(7)-Pikachu, Pichu, Jiggs, PKMN Trainer, Lucario, Greninja, Decidueye (Better than Incineroar don’t @ me)

Metroid(4)- Samus, Dark Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Ridley

Star Fox(5)-Fox, Falco, Wolf, Slippy, Peppy (We need the crew)

F-Zero(1)- Captain Falcon

Mother(4)-Ness, Ninten(Ness Echo), Lucas, Masked Man (PLAY MOTHER 3)

Fire Emblem(3)-Marth, Ike, Lyn (I want thunder thighs waifu)

Pikmin (2)- Olimar, Louie (Olimar Echo)

Kid Icarus (3)-Pit, Dark Pit (with staff), Palutena

Punch Out (2)-Little Mac, Doc Louis (Not exactly an echo but similar to Mac but heavier and different moves)

Animal Crossing (2)-Villager, Tom Nook (Guy that puts you in debt> dog that does paperwork)

Xenoblade(3)-Shulk, Alvis (Shulk Echo), Mythra (best XC2 waifu)

Splatoon(1)-Inkling

Chibi-Robo(1)- Chibi Robo (underrated)

Retro(5)-Ice Climbers, ROB, Mr. Game and Watch, Duck Hunt, Ayumi Tashibana (More than one waifu won’t ruin your laifu)

Sonic(5)- Sonic, Shadow(Sonic Echo with teleport and a nerfed Bayo Witch Time), Tails, Knuckles, Eggman (Iconic enough to be in Smash)

Megaman(2)-Megaman, Zero (X representation and a unique sword user)

Pac-Man(2)- Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man (Extremely valuable character as a PAC Man Echo)

Street Fighter (2)-Ryu, Ken (original fighting echo over Ryu)

Final Fantasy(1)-Cloud

Metal Gear(1)-Snake

Castlevania(2)-Simon, Alucard (SotN Character)

NieR(1)-2B (NieR Automata is amazing/see Ayumi Tashibana’s reasoning)

Ace Attorney(2)-Phoenix (PLAY ACE ATTORNEY), Apollo Justice (2nd favorite AA Character)

Professor Layton(1)-Professor Layton (Amazing games and Level-5 representations)

Persona(1)-Joker/Ren Amamiya (PLAY PERSONA 5)

Feel free to ask any questions.

Last edited:

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
Mario (10) (and all it's branching franchises)
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultdaisy:(Not an echo, unique moveset):ultbowserjr::ultwario::ultrosalina::ultyoshi:(Toad)
DK (3)
:ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:
Legend of Zelda (10)
:ultlink:(Moveset completely based on BOTW):ultsheik::ultzelda::ultganondorf:(Decloned from Ganon):ulttoonlink:(Traditional Link moveset):ultyounglink:(Majoras Mask move set) (Impa) (Skull Kid) (Midna) (Vaati)
Pokemon (10)
:ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultgreninja::157::ultpokemontrainer::212::094:(ok ok so i just really like gen 1 & 2)
Metroid (4)
:ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultridley:
Kirby (4)
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight: (Bandana Dee)
Starfox (4)
:ultfox::ultfalco:(Decloned from Fox):ultwolf:(Slippy)
Fire Emblem (5)
:ultmarth::ultike::ultrobin(Ephraim) (Hector)
Earthbound (3)
:ultness::ultlucas:(Ninten)

Lmao I was going to finish this but I'm late for work

Last edited:

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
I took fan demand, and top selling franchises into consideration; and added a bunch from my own personal wish list. I left out my number one which would be Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, because if a character from the Disney Afternoon games made it in it would be Scrooge.
In this roster echo fighters is not a thing, while characters may borrow assets from each other they still have moves that make them unique.

The following characters have alt. characters as costumes.
Mario(who has his original move set) - Dr. Mario
Bower Jr. - Koopalings
Yoshi- Boshi, Plus White Yoshi with higher voice, Black Yoshi with lower voice like in Yoshi Story
Marth- Lucina
Captain Falcon - Blood Falcon
Olimar- Alph
Pit- Dark Pit
Pac-Man- Ms. Pac-Man
Sonic- Shadow
Ryu- Ken

Cuts were made do to personal preference and to keep it in the 100 roster limit. Most of the additions I don't think I have to explain. But I will say I added Slowbro and Machamp because of move set potential.

-Slowbro I see as a character with overpowered defense and offence at the cost of being unable to run; Plus the Shellder on its tail has hit points, once its limit is reached its knocked off and Slowbro reverts back into Slowpoke leaving it the weakest character in the game. But it can recover by reclaiming the Shellder either by picking it back up, or automatically after knock out.

- Machamp I see as a grappler with the ability to put characters in various holds when using a standard grab he can then pummel the opponent with his second set of arms. He would also have a special grab that allows him to pick a character up the way Donkey Kong does but he can still attack other players with his second set of arms. Giving him a unique advantage in free for all's with 3 plus players, and team battles.

Also Whispy Woods moves and jumps in Kirby games, since someone always asks.

I also realize I forgot Geno(Not one that I want personally but has huge fan demand), so swap Jimmy T. for him.

pap64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pappel64
Switch FC
2966 0225 9209
I shall be that guy and say that the perfect roster...

Shall never exist. As a big fighting game fan, you could have a roster with the best, most hype worthy, most balance characters and someone will say "Um, no, this is wrong", because the appealing factor of fighting game rosters is in its imperfections. It's why you have game with OP characters alongside joke characters; it adds variety and it makes players experiment with different play styles.

You may proceed now.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
I shall be that guy and say that the perfect roster...

Shall never exist. As a big fighting game fan, you could have a roster with the best, most hype worthy, most balance characters and someone will say "Um, no, this is wrong", because the appealing factor of fighting game rosters is in its imperfections. It's why you have game with OP characters alongside joke characters; it adds variety and it makes players experiment with different play styles.

You may proceed now.
Yeah, but here is theorical. It's like "What is your perfect roster ?", but with rules.
I mean, what will be YOUR perfect roster ?
We know that is impossible to please everyone, but if you had to make the roster, what will be your choice ?

Top Bottom