• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peanut Gallery [Diddy Board Social]

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
Vega4 you are the dumbest poster on the Diddy boards and that's not an achievement to be proud of.

:059:
agreed

i just watched the vids from rain, yo good stuff hunter, you were pretty **** man. u were amazing in all your matches that i watched (Cept for that awesome 3 stock v115 got on u) i can definitely see you've gotten ALOT better. keep it up man. #2 diddy (ADHD is still god)

:phone:

Vega4

Smash Ace
Is nice to see Gheb sending friends here lol. I guess one of our moderators already infracted him, or not (@Ingulit)?

Luigi player

Smash Master
So how did that MM against Leon go P1?
Shouldn't you beat him when you take Ramin to game 5 though... well I guess you can never know - everyone plays differently.

Also are there vids on youtube of your matches vs ally?
I can't see Diddy planking... everyone can just run off and kill him with like anything ._. unless he used Olimar maybe?

Also... sup guys. Was nice meeting you :)

Vega4

Smash Ace
P-1 which was the name of that tournament? (to see full results)

Vega, I've done my job and you did yours, bringing it up again doesn't do anything lol
Ok. I just wanted to be sure that a comment like that was inapropiated, that was all :)

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
little questions like this help me out tons on mu's. what are some basic things to start practicing the metaknight match up? i know to do the banana peanut camping. what about from there? like when im not doing that? like what moves should i look for and how should i punish?

i still think we should have a character specific mu thread for some characters -_-

Gamer_Mason

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu can catch bananas with uair and his mobility makes him a very effective user of them. Pikachu has a bad trip animation though and when you get in with bananas he takes a somewhat larger punish than average. Side B kick and ftilt both cancel out thunderjolts, but powershielding is still best. Pikachu doesn't want to be near you because of the bananas, and you cannot camp pikachu because thunderjolt goes through peanuts. Diddy Kong can punish Pikachus recovery really well if you time it right, and you shouldn't get in too much danger challenging pika offstage. If you ever get hit by Pikachus downsmash, mash upwards on the C stick and Control Stick. You can barrel cancel thunderjolts I guess, but I don't ever recommend this. Pikachu doesn't have any trouble getting back on the ground, but that's okay because you control the ground. If you lose your bananas the match gets really tough for a little bit, so always keep a banana on hand. Basically, in this match you are going to have to approach, but it's not too dangerous unless you're easy to read.

I have no idea for Wolf. Just remember he has a dacus about the length of three diddy's, an fsmash of two diddy's, and don't bother trying any gimp stuff because his Side-B is a spike and it's really hard to hit with a banana. Powershields are probably helpful here too, and bait reflector with some dribbling so that he can't always tell when to powershield. Fake him out! Maybe look at some boxing psychology for that one.

RoanYagyu

Smash Journeyman
Uhhh, if i remember right it was proven false a while ago for pika having a longer trip animation than most. Also Pikachus banana tosses are slower than diddys by a noticable amount which hurts his ability to use them outside of ZDrop stuff. Alot of your moves will beat out Pikas moves iirc. Diddys Ftilt will beat out anything but like Fsmash or some nonsense like that. You can use Side b kick when your semi close and feel they will tjolt still to go through the tjolt and hit them tho dont get predictable with this or youll pay for it.
As for wolf I have no idea really but you can camp Pika , youll just be using peanuts a lot less or semi charging them so you can shield cancel them when a tjolt comes along. Tjolts are easy to powershield and then Pika will have no means of dealing damage from a distance, forced to approach and then you can go on from there , just dont lose the lead or their reasoning for approach is now non existent of course. Hope this helps at least somewhat :I

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The man-sam once said to me in an argument about why Pika is even with marth but loses to diddy...

Pika camps diddy from a full hop thunder jolting stance. And unfortunately Pikachu has to land.
If you shield (or even better power shield) a thunder jolt and throw a banana forwards, you are really really really ****ing up Pikachu's options. When you restrict where he can land, dumb moves such as fair cover stupid ranges that give you a lot of leeway in punishment.

If Pika is going to try to grab that banana you throw at the ground below him then you have a gazillion ways to punish that (remember that he suddenly loses his grab option when he does this).

Kantrip

Kantplay
Thanks guys. I choked really hard against Captain L and lost two really close games (seriously game 2 went to a tiebreaker 1 stock rematch) and I noticed that I couldn't deal with his tjolt camping most of all. I need to really work on powershielding, also the side b kick and throwing a banana tips really help. Thanks guys!

Here's the link if I could get some specific critique: http://www.twitch.tv/captainlpika/b/363436001 (starts at 17 minutes)
Second game is cut off at the end of that stream segment, continues here: http://www.twitch.tv/captainlpika/b/363438678

Rewatching those is so painful. The mistakes....

Vega4

Smash Ace
Thanks guys. I choked really hard against Captain L and lost two really close games (seriously game 2 went to a tiebreaker 1 stock rematch) and I noticed that I couldn't deal with his tjolt camping most of all. I need to really work on powershielding, also the side b kick and throwing a banana tips really help. Thanks guys!

Here's the link if I could get some specific critique: http://www.twitch.tv/captainlpika/b/363436001 (starts at 17 minutes)
Second game is cut off at the end of that stream segment, continues here: http://www.twitch.tv/captainlpika/b/363438678

Rewatching those is so painful. The mistakes....
If you are going to use side B kick, try to use it in the air, if you use it in the ground is way more punisheable (this word exist? xD).

Gamer_Mason

Smash Apprentice
... I had a message written in here but it got deleted because of dumb token stuff. Actually, I got that "PIkachu has a dumb trip animation" information from Captain L. If it's wrong, oops.

I've fought Captain L online before several several times (I have the losing record, but most games cut it close), so he's really familiar with this match up. Don't sweat the loss too hard. Notice that he loves to take your bananas. You gotta punish him for that when you can. Try not to simply hand the bananas to him. You get the most damage in when you trip him, just throwing bananas near him doesn't do anything.
I believe fresh Utilt KOs a little bit above 150 on FD ceiling.

Aerial Side B kicks eat his tjolts so you can just sorta do that sometimes. Don't spam it, though I think you could have used it safely a tad more.
Shaya's advice is some important stuff. Don't forget it!

Edit: When I say not to throw a banana just near him, I mean when you throw it and it's not going to hit him and he's not close to landing somewhere. When you throw it and he can basically just go pick it up safely and you can't punish anything, that's the kind you shouldn't throw.

RoanYagyu

Smash Journeyman
Grounded or aerial side b shouldnt matter as long as your doin the "silent" kick. Though doing that from the ground is a 2 frame unbufferable timing so dont feel bad if you ever screw that up. i think its called flip kick cancel in the Kongpendium

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah Mason I usually don't do those bad throws but I did quite a bit against Captain L. It's when I'm super nervous and choke and randomly toss them for no reason. Gotta work on that.

And yeah Roan, I used to have 100% consistency on my silent kicks but then I stopped using them and it went away.

Thanks again

joshcorris

Smash Cadet
P1 I noticed at Apex you and ADHD were doing something like a DACUS with Diddy. Now, I'm not good at doing the easiest DACUS on the game, and I sure can't make one work with Diddy, so does anyone have any advice on how to do this?

joshcorris

Smash Cadet
Alright, I hate to prolong this discussion any more than I ought to, but you're basically saying I run, do cartwheel, then press forward and up-C twice?

Top Bottom