• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
You probably did, I still find it funny that the triangle doesn't work for Brawl all the time.

MK is a bad example, he transcendent priorities through everything and doesn't care. :p

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I have played Peach for some time now and so far I haven't found like any ways to get back from the ledge. All I seem to be able to do is getup attack or ledgehop.
What other stuff should I do? I get a lot of damage trying to get back.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
You can do a ledgehop fair that autocancels. Not actually jumping from the ledge, but pressing back to get off the ledge, then jumping onto the stage with fair.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
The full hop dairmatic trick works too.

Jumping nair, L.I.F.T, all good tools.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Ledge hop Fair is good but keep in mind that once your opponents get used to it, you'll have to mix it up or you'll just get grabbed/punished

Peach's 2nd jump is pretty good for hopping around near the ledge to try and bait them into doing something because if you drop off the ledge, the 2nd jump covers just enough height for you to recatch the ledge without poking your head above stage

The full hop dairmatic trick works too.
I cannot believe you don't get punished for this more often

Like, that's all you ever do
EVER

Also Lolmatic check out what I found

http://www.wordbyletter.com/suffixe.php

it is my goal to find an appropriate situation to use them all whilst applying them to you

But yea Emblematic stop doing ledge full hop Dair all the darn time, it's almost emblematic of your Peach
:troll:

Edit
Wtf is LIFT???

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Thanks guys, I practiced doing it. Now I should have a bit easier time than just spamming getup attack xD

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
L.I.F.T is either short hop double turnip or that thingy.

Ya'knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww the thingy where you ledgehop and float immediately.

Short Hop Double Turnip is amazing btw

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Double jumping twice and then get-up to jab has never failed me ever.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Haven't posted here in a while. Hell i haven't played the game in a while(Over 4 months)

But with COT5 coming up and that most likely being my last tourney i want to at least practice for it.

I really want to learn the uair string. Whats the best way to practice it?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Peach is so ****
She's like the only character who can do tilts + smashes out of a really long dash

Cygnet

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I'm totally new to everything so I don't know anything. T___T I apologize for the question, but is it possible to ground float a bair or nair out of shield? Usually I have to jump OOS and do it and not float, or drop the shield and then do it.

Also, what are the pros and cons of tap jump on/off?

Thanks! :)

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Yes, you can do both OoS. It's pretty easy when you get it down.

As for your other question, pretty sure everyone here has tap jump off. Obvious pros for it off would be easier access to Utilt and not having to worry about jumping all the time. Not really sure if there are any particular advantages for having it on. It's generally agreed that tap jump (with Peach anyways) is the better option of the two.

Cygnet

Smash Apprentice
Thank you so much! :) If I may ask, how exactly do you ground float OOS.....? @_@;; I always thought you had to have Tap Jump on to jump OOS.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Thank you so much! :) If I may ask, how exactly do you ground float OOS.....? @_@;; I always thought you had to have Tap Jump on to jump OOS.
Go into training mode, press R, then press Y. Congratulations, you just jumped OoS without tap jump!

To float OoS just hold shield and press jump and down at the same time.

Tap jump only makes jump canceled up smash and up B OoS easier; you can do it without tap jump by just pressing Y at the same time.

Rawnie

Smash Champion
A few things I'm not too sure about after reading the Peach guide...

So, from 0%, is Dthrow -> Ftilt guaranteed on non-CG'able characters? I would assume not on the more floaty types like Jigglypuff. And is anything else guaranteed on them?

Does Peach have any grab release shenanigans on anyone worth using aside from dash re-grab on Ness and Lucas?

Are either Free Turnip Pull or Bonewalking actually worth learning?

Which color Peach should I use? Default, white, or red? Can't decide. :urg: So someone should decide for me.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
A few things I'm not too sure about after reading the Peach guide...

So, from 0%, is Dthrow -> Ftilt guaranteed on non-CG'able characters? I would assume not on the more floaty types like Jigglypuff. And is anything else guaranteed on them?

Does Peach have any grab release shenanigans on anyone worth using aside from dash re-grab on Ness and Lucas?

Are either Free Turnip Pull or Bonewalking actually worth learning?

Which color Peach should I use? Default, white, or red? Can't decide. :urg: So someone should decide for me.
Judging by frame data, it is. The ability to connect with Ftilt after Dthrow only depends on their DI, and whether they are in Ftilt's range or not. Ground Float Bair sometimes works as well and it is safe on whiff, however I'm quite sure it is not guaranteed.

You can Usmash Wario out of a grab release. You can also pull off a running Usmash on Smashville's platform on MK, but that's extremely situational.

Yes, they are, but if you want to learn them, you must be able to pull them off consistently. That may prove quite challenging.

All three. I use all Peaches myself :D

:053:

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Can you throw turnips while floating?
If you hit down B while in a float it will cancel your float and you'll throw the turnip immediately. But you can't throw a turnip and continue floating.

@Yaaay I think we can also GR > F Smash squirtle and maybe Ganon (air release isn't guaranteed) on the SV platform/RC.

Scaphist

Smash Apprentice
Not 100% sure but I don't think it is (even with the jabcancel). Regardless it's still good as a mixup or when you think they're gonna wait for your 2nd jab when they're shielding.

Edit: forgot to ask my question

What can Peach do to punish Lucario's dair out of shield(if anything)? I try different things but they all seem too slow(It's probably just me being slow with the shield drop though). I imagine if Lucario is dairing from up high, you could probably short hop or ground float a nair/upair, but the shield push makes it pretty hard to hit. If Lucario is dairing low, you could shield drop f-tilt/jab/grab or groundfloat bair oos. If he does it right infront of your shield you could probably just shieldgrab.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
For Peach is Jab>Grab a true combo?
A very good question with no definite answer yet. Frame data tells us that it is not a true combo (with exception of some characters such as Jigglypuff and Olimar), however it seems that jab1 sends you into an aerial state, which prevents you from spotdodging since you obviously cannot spotdodge in the air. You could try Nairing or airdodging, but jab1 doesnt send you very high, so you might cancel the move before anything comes out.

So yeah, no one really knows, and this matter certainly requires some thorough testing.

:053:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
So I have played Peach for a few months now and my biggest problem is getting out of pressure. When ppl get in my face they are going to stay there for a while and I can't get rid of them.
As an MK main I am used to just GSL or something similar to win the situation, but I have a lot of trouble with Peach, I am almost free.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
All right I'll keep that in mind. I'll keep that in mind, I seem to have tried to bair and fair too much. I guess they are too slow.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Bair leaves Peach open if it sour spots. Fair has too much start up and that is why it is pretty much out of the question to use when your opponent is too close. That move has to be spaced to give you breathing room.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
All right thanks. That should actually help me cover my biggest mistake with Peach. I always seem to get wrecked when the foe gets through my wall of endless turnips and fairs and stuff.

Noraa

Smash Lord
I have a simple question which is pretty noob, but uh....if im bsticking how can i glidetoss backwards? As in facing forwards, rolling backwards, and still throwing the turnip forward.

Thank you

Top Bottom