• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The PANIC ARENA! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Game Boy Blue

Smash Cadet

Good evening! I am your host, the judge, the arbiter, the death dealer and your new mommy, Codde! And what I say goes.

1) Any move will work and is allowed, though I choose the amount of damage, and special effects may give different results than intended! Self imposed limitations is the name of the game!

2) You must post at least once a day!

3) Courageously going before your competition will be rewarded!

4) DO NOT edit or delete a post!

5) You may move again in the same round as long as you still have the PANICARDS to do so, as long as some competitor still HAS NOT gone yet.

6) If you are not going to move for a round, post "skip".

7) DO abide by the laws that change every turn, and get bonuses for doing recommended tactics!

8) If you would like to quit please say so right away, so if you need to go please DO NOT hold up the game.

CHAMPIONS
BladeManEXE10 *

PANICARDS
Your hand of 5 cards is replenished after each round. Save ones you want to keep for later! Combine the same or different types for stronger or multiple effects! Here are the most common ones:

RED do harm, feels warm

BLUE nullify card used, sounds like waves

GREEN movement and priority, smells minty

YELLOW heal or summon, tastes like banana

RAINBOW play as any color, looks shiny

There is another PANICARD you should know about too:

PENALTY wastes space, smells like urine

Penalty cards stay with you until removed by the host.

This is a free for all for 2 to 5 players. If you want to live forever,

ENTER. THE. PIT.

The Pit is a square platform suspended in darkness. Join by describing what you look like and how you enter The Pit, also please no attacking the other competitors until we begin! We will start at 5, or when I say so!

I invite the audience to participate too, so keep a look out for that! !

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Johnny sat at the prow of his mighty ship, the Paradox. He looked around him as time space slipped by the ship as it traveled the time stream. He picked out scattered images of eras gone by and eons to come, remembering as he did so, the many times he had anchored his ship to a time in order to leave his mark on history yet again. He was Captain Johnny Tealbeard, the scourge of the time stream, and this time, he had set his eyes on a title of fame so that all those for years to come would yet again remember his name. He adjusted his hat and turned his back to the prow, revealing a grin that the crew knew all too well meant that he had a plan.

"Aye lads, today be the day that I add a new title to my repertoire. Anchor the ship and ready the transporter."

The crew scrambled to make the necessary preparations as the Captain walked to his quarters. Once he arrived, he looked to the wall where there were two sharks mounted. One was half machine and one was a monstrous beast. However, unlike most things you would find mounted to a wall, these were alive.

"There are my boys!" the captain exclaimed as he strapped on his trusted companions, "I hope you're hungry because today be the day I let ye out again."

In a few short minutes, Johnny was ready. He left his first mate in charge and left for the Transporter. The crewman accompanied him pressed a series of buttons in quick succession and the dreaded pirate phased off the ship and into time-space. He found himself comfortably leaning against the large coliseum where he promptly lit a cigar and stood to mull over his victory speech for when he had, inevitably, won.

"I guess it was just my time to shine. Yar har har!"

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I saw. I'm considering entering as Nabe Shin, mysterious wandering. Mostly though, I don't think I would have the willpower to finish.

Game Boy Blue

Smash Cadet
How about you spectate this time then. It is up to you though. Know that quitters will not be able to contend in the next event.

There is a game in progress(sort of) over at GameFAQs' EVERYONE PANIC board that you can get the jist of it. Though at the time of this post it is just starting as well. It is still excepting sign ups, so you could sign up there if you wanted to for some reason.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/428-everybody-panic?search=ARENA

I will not penalize quitting if done so honorably or after giving a serious effort, it's more for drop outs, so join if you'd actually like to play!

Last edited:

Game Boy Blue

Smash Cadet
Then join. I'd like to see your spin on him. Seems Dr. Who-ish enough that anyone could play him.

Game Boy Blue

Smash Cadet
Since we seem to be a little shy, though none the less enthusiastic, here's a little activity for the audience.

Draw a picture, doesn't have to be professional, of the arena, as best you can based on the description provided. "The Pit is a square platform suspended in darkness."

You'll get some PANICREDITS you can spend on various things to effect the game, which will get cheaper as the game goes on. Fret not if you are not a courageous artist, any effort will get some PCs and more than one can try. Also there will be different challenges for PCs later, as well as some free opportunities to cause mayhem and mischief, just for tuning in!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Hey dude, I am not sure if there is a lot of interest for that stuff around these parts. Perhaps try Forum Games?

In the future, ask around in the Social thread if there is any interest. This looks cool, but we, as a community, generally put all our free time in mafia, with the rare exception being a well renowned host hosting adventure games, and even that has activity issues.

Or just continue, of course, it's all up to you. This does look sweet, but I'm afraid I don't have the time ^-^;;

Game Boy Blue

Smash Cadet
Would a mod please move us to Forum Games?

Edit: appreciate it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom