• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Orange Stars Double Time Commander - Sami leads the charge!

SkullKidKing

Smash Cadet

Who is Sami and where is she from?

Sami is character from the highly underrated series Advance Wars, a turn-based strategy series developed by Intelligent Systems, whose name you may recognize from the Fire Emblem series, and published by Nintendo. She is a Commanding Officer of the Orange Star army, one of the five main forces of Wars World. Sami is pretty calm and lively most of the time, sporting a somewhat "happy-go-lucky" attitude, However, she is not one to be crossed with, and can easily get angry in the right situation.

She has appeared in 3 of the 4 Advance Wars and is one of the more popular AW characters, as such I believe she would be a great rep for the series in Smash.

by Isaac: Venus Adept

Intro Animation: Sami jumps out of an APC
Jab: Sami hits with the butt of her rifle, the proceeds to knee the opponent, followed by readying her rifle and shooting a single shot, can be extended for more shots by repeated button presses. If she shots too many shots, she will have to stop and reload, leaving her open for attacks.
Dash Attack: Sami shoulder checks her opponent
F-Tilt: Sami holds her rifle sideways and thrusts it out
U-Tilt: Sami raises her rifle, bringing the butt of it down in a downward motion to in front of her. Hits above her then in front of her.
D-Tilt: Sami performs a leg sweep
F-Smash: Sami shoots a rocket in front of her
U-Smash:
D-Smash: Sami throws a grenade that explodes underneath her
N-Air: Sami thrusts her elbow out in front of her. Has a sweet spot
B-Air: Sami thrusts the butt of her rifle backwards
F-Air: Sami shoots out a rocket that pushes he back slightly
D-Air:
U-Air:
Neutral Special: Assault Shot - Sami pulls out her rifle, firing a burst of rapid fire shots after which she reloads (think Foxs blaster with the shots being like Sheiks needles). During the animation of Sami readying her rifle, Sami can turn around similar to Warlock Punch and she can move at a reduced speed while shooting.
Side Special: Sami calls in a Light Tank that travels in a line sort of like the Advance Wars assist trophy and fires a shot at any enemy that gets near it
Down Special: Sami calls down an airstrike at current location, causing a rocket to fall to target location at a diagonal angle from the top of the screen. Rocket will explode when it hits a player or collides with any terrain (think an angled version of Pikachu's Thunder)
Up Special: Battle Copter - Sami hops in a battle copter and gains the ability to fly for a short period (think similar to R.O.Bs)
Pummel: Sami repeatedly smacks her opponent with the butt of her rifle
Up Throw: Sami throws her opponent in the air and fires a rocket up at them
Down Throw: Sami throws her opponent on the ground and jumps on him with both feet several times, as per the classic AW capturing animation
Forward Throw: Sami smacks her opponent with one hard thrust with the butt of her rifle
Back Throw: Sami grabs her opponent by the arm and turns her body around pulling her opponent with her and slamming them into the ground
Final Smash: Outnumbered - Sami jumps in a heavy tank and rally's her army to arms, a number of infantry soldiers fire shots firing squad style in the direction Sami is facing before finishing off with a tank shot

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I only support Sami on the condition that she's a Snake semi-clone added alongside Andy. Because I don't feel she's suited to be the sole representative of the franchise.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I only support Sami on the condition that she's a Snake semi-clone added alongside Andy. Because I don't feel she's suited to be the sole representative of the franchise.
Sounds like you're trying to start a war. An advance war...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Sounds like you're trying to start a war. An advance war...
No war at all dude. Just saying. No franchise is represented by a non-main character at least initially with the first newcomer. I'd like Sami but not before Andy.

SkullKidKing

Smash Cadet
No war at all dude. Just saying. No franchise is represented by a non-main character at least initially with the first newcomer. I'd like Sami but not before Andy.
It's cool man, I agree Andy is the one they would choose, I just personally prefer Sami and want to gather those who would support her inclusion. Nothing against Andy at all, I'd be stoked for either of them to show up

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's cool man, I agree Andy is the one they would choose, I just personally prefer Sami and want to gather those who would support her inclusion. Nothing against Andy at all, I'd be stoked for either of them to show up
I hope my post didn't come off as "you better support this character or else!". That wasn't my intention at all.

Hopefully a miracle can happen and both characters can find there way in the game.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Which one do you recommend
ALL OF THEM!!! :bee:

But for realzies start off with Dual Strike. I believe that's the most beginner friendly one and also the easiest IMO. Then you can work your way to the GBA games and Days of Ruin.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
ALL OF THEM!!! :bee:

But for realzies start off with Dual Strike. I believe that's the most beginner friendly one and also the easiest IMO. Then you can work your way to the GBA games and Days of Ruin.
Only if you play Starfy

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Even though Sami was unfinished in Project M she had so much promise for a fun and unique character. I'd be fine with both her or Andy or heck even both joining the roster, as the Advance Wars games are great games with alot of history behind them.
I even made a splash screen for her and revised it again

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Sami might be my prefered Advance War rep as well. I used to think that Snake would not come back, so, Sami would fit the choice, but now that Snake is back ... Echo fighter? Hehe. I'd still love an Advance War rep, wether it's Andy or Sami I don't mind.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Sami might be my prefered Advance War rep as well. I used to think that Snake would not come back, so, Sami would fit the choice, but now that Snake is back ... Echo fighter? Hehe. I'd still love an Advance War rep, wether it's Andy or Sami I don't mind.
Yeah I feel similarly. I like Sami more than Andy tbh, but I'd be good with either.

SkullKidKing

Smash Cadet
Even though Sami was unfinished in Project M she had so much promise for a fun and unique character. I'd be fine with both her or Andy or heck even both joining the roster, as the Advance Wars games are great games with alot of history behind them.
I even made a splash screen for her and revised it again
Nice, You mind if I add that second one to the OP?

Also both of you want me to add you to the supporters list?

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Nice, You mind if I add that second one to the OP?
Also both of you want me to add you to the supporters list?
Of course can add it to the OP, I make splash screens for the sake of the community so feel free to do whatever you want with it. And yeah I'd love to be added as a supporter please :b:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Yes, hello I'd like to join Sami's army. I wanna fight for a good cause.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, do any of you think Sami would be Snake's Echo? Or do you guys think clones from different universes was a one-time deal between Capt. Falcon and Ganon in Melee?

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Hey guys, do any of you think Sami would be Snake's Echo? Or do you guys think clones from different universes was a one-time deal between Capt. Falcon and Ganon in Melee?
I think it could work, and I wouldnt mind it tbh

Top Bottom