• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Optimal Puff Secondary

A14

Smash Rookie
Hello my fellow puff-mains, I'm sure that at some point you have thought to yourself: "Geez, fighting X fighter is legitimately unfun" , for us its obviously Yoshi, and maybe a couple other fighters. The logical extent to this thought process is that you should probably get a secondary to cover your weaknesses, and if you are anything like I was, you can't find any resources that helped you choose the ideal secondary. Well fear not, because I am here. I created my own matchup chart and looked at other puff players' charts to get a grasp of what we feel are difficult matchups, and I got the following:

Yoshi, Ike, Marth/Lucina, Megaman, Mister Game and Watch, Pac-Man, Olimar, Sonic.

Now a common trend for all of these fighters is that they are all very relevant and that they are particularly good at keeping puff away and not allowing her to get an opening. So what I did was I looked at top players of these fighters' matchup charts, and tried to find a fighter that tended to be one of the harder matchups for our bad matchups. I got the following:

Palutena, Roy, and Shulk.

My criteria was that they must appear in either -1 or -2 6/8 times, though a couple honorable mentions are fox, greninja, ROB, and pikachu. So take your pick, those three characters are the ideal secondaries, though by pure nature of a secondary, you might as well rule out Shulk. Practically speaking, Palutena and Roy are the best, so hopefully you consider picking up one of those charachters.

Bye! If you have any thoughts or additions make sure to let me know.

Artic223

Smash Cadet
Dunno if you want Bowser, just doesn't matchup great vs zoners or someone like Luigi/Palutena

Top Bottom