• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The One Winged Angel~ Sephiroth Social Thread

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
We should bring this one up alive. There's always a chance for Sephiroth! even for Pass 2
Honorable move.
This thread is mostly dead here because most people in this site just have no faith in his chances, most likely due to lack of hype from famous figures in the community or fake leaks with some sort of traction or an actual leak.
I have faith that he will come soon.
There are tons of precedent for him to come to Ultimate, the SE list had him and PapaGenos even said that he was the one being heard the most before Tansut leaked Hero. There was a reason him and other supposed "insiders" had him as Plan B in those days.
I pray that there is something substantial soon. I wish people realized how likely he is. If people knew, this thread would be a ton more active.

Also, hi NaZyrus! You're one of the people that were talking with fatmanonice at the geno thread about insider sources and stuff a while ago, right?
Is there reason for us to be excited, on your end?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Hot take

Haven't finished the game, but based on my time so far and knowledge of what happens in the original, Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie dying in the remake is going to be 100 times more sad than Aerith dying in the the original.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
LMFAO
Wait until you realize what this game really is
:4pacman:

Btw, Sephiroth is in.
It's just a matter of time. It's nice to see so many people on the Internet garnering support. A pity SB is a bubble.

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
IMO, I think my first choice for a second FF rep would be Tidus, but I think Sephiroth would also be good for Smash, so count me in. I mean, who wouldn’t wanna see Cloud and Sephiroth cross swords in SMASH?!

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Here's the boss battle I created for Safer Sephiroth:

Safer Sephiroth.png
Boss: Safer Sephiroth

Game of Origin: FINAL FANTASY VII (1997)

What does the boss do?
-Wall: Sephiroth surrounds his main body with a barrier that slightly reduces damage and reflects projectiles, usually at the start of the battle. Breaking it will temporarily stun him and damage to him will be reverted to normal.

-Slice: Sephiroth lifts his right-hand wing, travels to wherever the player is, and slices downward (17%, OK knockback)

-Shadow Flare: Sephiroth casts several dark orbs around the arena that surround and follow the player, exploding on contact (5% each, small knockback). They can be reflected back at Sephiroth.

-Pale Horse: Sephiroth sends out a blue spark above the player (7%, small knockback) that shrinks them after 3 seconds (like the Thunder item).

-Firaga Wall: Sephiroth summons three pillars of fire underneath the player (11% each, OK knockback)

-Heartless Angel: Sephiroth sacrifices a small bit of his Wall (leaving it open to be broken quicker) to surround the player in black feathers. After 3 seconds, the feathers go into the player and explode (40%, medium knockback), instantly K.O.-ing the player if the damage exceeds 100%. The attack can be interrupted by breaking the weakened Wall.

-Super Nova: Twelve meteorites rise to the sky (each one can be broken and their two halves will fly off somewhere else). Each half then comes crashing down from every side of the arena above the player (5% each, OK knockback)

Setting/Intro: The boss arena for Galeem and Dharkon, but with the background of Safer Sephiroth's battle.

A heavenly light shines from above, and Safer Sephiroth mimics his intro appearance from FINAL FANTASY VII.

Defeat: His defeat from FINAL FANTASY VII, in which he disintegrates towards the background.

Who fights this boss in Classic Mode?
-:ultganondorf: (Popular villain vs. Popular villain)
-:ultolimar: (Sephiroth's Super Nova straight up DESTROYS planets)
-:ultpalutena: (Appearance of a god)
-:ultcloud: (Because WHY NOT?!)
-:ultbayonetta: (Discount Lumen Sage)
-:ultjoker: (Our Beginning; discount Yaldaboth)

Music: One-Winged Angel (from KINGDOM HEARTS II)

Last edited:

Sigman

Smash Cadet
I like to support Sephiroth in Smash
I like to see the soundtracks to be included along with him such as
Those Chosen by the Planet

One-Winged Angel

Seven Seconds Till the End

Sigman

Smash Cadet
Just as I expected.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I don’t have much of a history with FFVII even though I played and loved the remake, but I’m happy for everyone who wanted Sephiroth in.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So, Sepiroth!! Big congrats to those who wanted him. He looks fun and I can't wait to play as him! (and now I finally have motivation to beat FF VII Remake!!)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yo guys stepping in to congrats you guys.

I might not be a FF fan but there's no denying Sephiroth more then earns his spot in the roster being one of the most iconic video game villains of all time alongside Bowser, Ganondorf, and Eggman. Not to mention the first 3td party villain in the roster.

I'm actually excited at his inclusion. Looks like he'll also be fun

Top Bottom