• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The One Winged Angel~ Sephiroth Social Thread

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
First page of the spirit board is known from press releases, FYI.

We've got 8 party members. The edge seems to show Shinra employees and FFVIIR's render of the Chocobo/Moogle summon.
Yes, baby! I was hoping for alot!
The Smash Wiki seems like it has the lowdown on it.

https://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_spirits_(Final_Fantasy_series)
There're at least 14 Spirits, seeing as the Spirit Board's second page has a bottom row & the Spirit visible seems to be an Ace judging by the star placement.

Edit I'm 100% certain that the legendary is Bahamut ZERO, though it could also be JENOVA.

Last edited:

Greyfox22

Smash Apprentice
I beat the Sephiroth challenge on the hardest difficulty with a Climhazzard off stage while I only had 8 stamina left and he was almost full... Very much an undeserved victory but at least I got him!! Honestly so happy with this dlc. Sephiroth is easily among the most fun of the dlc fighters so far; AND THE MUSIC SELECTION WAS GOOD THIS TIME!!! AND ITS ****ING SEPHIROTH!!!!

On a side note, I feel really bad for Geno fans. It just seems really mean to exclude such a big fan favorite until this late and to still make him a mii costume. Worse still, he`s not even upgraded from Smash4 in any way from what I can determine. I don`t see why the smash team couldn`t have made him at least a premium mii and included music. I`m not that much of a diehard Geno fan but it really is a shame.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I was able to unlock Sephiroth and the content(minus the spirits)that came along with him. i beat all difficulties of the Sephiroth Challenge, however, I kinda want to beat Very Hard again as Mario just to pretend his fighting him after almost nearly killing him, hoepfully, i do so before the challenge is over.

I'm glad Final Fantasy has more content now. it makes up for so much that was absent from base game, while the only nitpicks for me is no english voices and maybe the lack of other tracks from games outside of VII. Overall, this was a good Wave of DLC.

Poor Geno, Though.

TheRockingGoomba

Smash Cadet
I haven't really said my stance on Sephiroth that much in the past. And since we are all in hype about him, might as well talk about him now.
Personally, i am so friggin happy that they got Sephiroth in. I haven't really been that vocal about wanting him in, since i thought he would never happen. But if you were to ask me what Square Enix character i would want to see in Smash the most. My response would always be Sephiroth. Even coming from someone who has never played a Final Fantasy game, i can tell that Sephiroth is absolutely iconic to gaming as a whole. So him actually getting into the game was mind blowing to me. Kind of felt like i won the lottery to tell you the truth.

In terms of his playstyle. My guy is extremely fun. I typically don't really like slower characters, i'm more of a rushdown type of player. But Sephiroth will probably be the the exception. Sephiroth is friggin awesome in this game. Even if he might be a tiny bit busted in places (good lord what even is that neutral special).

I was also so pumped for the Tifa Mii Costume and all of the music they brought in. Highkey was only expecting the Midi version of One Winged Angel and maybe one other song. But the song selection we got is sick, and i wasn't even expecting to get remixes as well.

And his stage is probably the first DLC stage that i can see myself regularly playing on. I have a bias towards Tournament Legal stages since i find them the most fun to play on, and while it's too early to call it being legal yet and i honestly don't have the biggest grasp on what makes a stage legal or not. The stage seems straight up my ally.

All in All, i love this. I feel like everything they did with Sephiroth is amazing, and it makes me so pumped for what the next 3 characters are.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Sephiroth actually has the moves i suspected from his trailer: Hell's Gate, Scintilla, Octaslash and Shadow Flare. Wasn't expecting Flare upgrades though, and its really awesome. I also called him being a lightweight. With this much power, he kinda has to be.

He's incredibly awesome to play. I beat him on Very Hard first try with Cloud, and have been playing him ever since non-stop. His moves are so satisfying to land that he leaves me cackling like a madman. Everyone needs to try this character out, he's a blast.

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
Man, they went above and beyond with Sephiroth. Very happy but also surprised with this, seeing as how lacking the FFVII representation was until now in regards to music, spirits and costumes. There's lots to gush about (and some minor rants):

Sephiroth Challenge was an awesome surprise. After the Game Awards trailer, Maximilian Dood brought up the idea of having Sephiroth as a boss in addition to playable character. I didn't believe the devs would go to such lengths, but lo and behold... I love how the menus and sound effects imitated those of VII and VII Remake. However, I managed to beat Sephiroth with Cloud on my first try. Very hard, no grimy gimps, just a pretty close and fair match. Needless to say it felt a little anticlimactic. I even felt bad for Maximilian Dood who was ready to make it a part of his "boss rage" series but managed it on his second try. Nevertheless, I really enjoy the addition and it's fun to try with other characters. I actually managed to beat Sephy in under 8 seconds with Ridley! Two-Winged Space Dragon triumphs over One-Winged Angel.

Northern Cave is an absolute wonder to behold. Pure eye candy and a love letter to the whole ending sequence of FFVII. It's a bit of a shame the stage layout is so basic in comparison. In a sense it's the complete opposite of Midgar, which has a mostly static background but the playing field itself changes in many wholly unique ways.

The amount of music was a pleasant surprise, as was the fact that we actually got remixes! I especially liked the new versions of Aerith's Theme, Main Theme and Cosmo Canyon.

I pretty much got every Mii costume I was hoping for for this batch: Barret, Tifa and Aerith. RIP Geno fans though. Surprised he didn't even get the premium treatment.

We got way more spirits than I was expecting. My admittedly cynical prediction was Barret, Tifa, Aerith and Jenova.

What about Sephiroth himself? So far I really enjoy playing as him. I'm happy how unique his specials feel. Even Scintilla is very different from most counters because it doesn't actually have to counter a move for the hitbox to appear, making it somewhat resemble Lucario's and Greninja's Glancing Counter and Exploding Attack customs from Smash 4. Even some of Sephiroth's regular attacks were unexpectedly unique: I love how he hits you with the hilt of Masamune in his jab finisher and how his sweetspots/sourspots change depending on if he's slashing or stabbing. And how about that unique victory screen and victory theme? Like I said in the beginning, above and beyond.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I was able to unlock Sephiroth and the content(minus the spirits)that came along with him. i beat all difficulties of the Sephiroth Challenge, however, I kinda want to beat Very Hard again as Mario just to pretend his fighting him after almost nearly killing him, hoepfully, i do so before the challenge is over.

I'm glad Final Fantasy has more content now. it makes up for so much that was absent from base game, while the only nitpicks for me is no english voices and maybe the lack of other tracks from games outside of VII. Overall, this was a good Wave of DLC.

Poor Geno, Though.
If it's gonna take wading through SE's entire library just so they have no choice but to pay attention to him, so be it.

That being said, hopefully the next time the FFVII fighters show up, they'll have their new English VAs, since they presumably wouldn't be swimming in red tape like Burton is.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
If you want him now dont worry if you unlocked all characters already then unlocking Sephiroth is Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar Easier!

also

how do you find the music im mixed

+9 Treacks
+One winged Angel original
+all Overworld/Cutscene music Remixes

-no non Ff7 tracks not even Chocobo or FF main Theme?
-basicly all Advent Children Songs but i can live with one winged angel ac
- -Neither birth of a god nor Those Chosen by the planet so barely any Sephiroth Leitmotif

C-G

Smash Journeyman
If you want him now dont worry if you unlocked all characters already then unlocking Sephiroth is Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar Easier!

also

how do you find the music im mixed

+9 Treacks
+One winged Angel original
+all Overworld/Cutscene music Remixes

-no non Ff7 tracks not even Chocobo or FF main Theme?
-basicly all Advent Children Songs but i can live with one winged angel ac
- -Neither birth of a god nor Those Chosen by the planet so barely any Sephiroth Leitmotif
The 4 remixes we got are straight fire and the music they picked is very good for combat, so A+

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
He's going to. Remember, we got him early, but his official patch is the 22nd. We've also got the board earlier in the thread if you want to take a peek
Sure, I would like to see it. But still, are we waiting until the 22nd for his Spirits? I know Source Gaming and GameXplain already got the Spirits, but they always have early access to this stuff.

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
My first online session with :ultsephiroth: went really well. Got into Elite Smash without dropping a single game out of 10-15. Granted, I didn't need to face any characters that usually cause me trouble. Interested to see how matchups like :ultlink::ultness::ultyounglink: pan out.

Forgot to mention it previously, but the picture at the end of :ultsephiroth: classic mode is amazing. Such a specific scene, but still immediately recognizable and perfectly realized with the help of completely unrelated stage and items.

Top Bottom