• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The one buff for KKR I want more than any other...

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Increase the ascent speed of his up+B, possibly even doubling it.

This alone would massively increase his viability in tournaments, as his current biggest issue is the number of characters that can keep him offstage indefinitely after pushing him off.

All the weight in the world isn't going to save a character when pushing them off the ledge once means they're likely never going to get back on. KKR's slow, linear recovery isn't likely to be exploited in casual play but it's basically like playing T-ball for anyone even slightly competitive.

Boosting the speed of his recovery would at least give us a chance of angling it in a way the opponent won't have time to react to. As it stands, they can see your trajectory almost immediately and still have plenty of time to intercept it.

Last edited:

Dε√ilj∦o

Smash Journeyman
I never thought of that. I think it would be a really good buff considering how they already nerfed the kopter.

I would like this, and also tweak Krown even more.
I know it's dumb but, c'mon, it's K. Rool's most recognizable and signature move, just make it OP, who cares.

Reduce the lag after throwing the Krown, is all I ask for. And if I was truly kruel then I'd also ask to make it so he no longer has an animation picking it up, but maybe that's too much.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I never thought of that. I think it would be a really good buff considering how they already nerfed the kopter.

I would like this, and also tweak Krown even more.
I know it's dumb but, c'mon, it's K. Rool's most recognizable and signature move, just make it OP, who cares.

Reduce the lag after throwing the Krown, is all I ask for. And if I was truly kruel then I'd also ask to make it so he no longer has an animation picking it up, but maybe that's too much.
I'd almost trade the armor for faster throw time, or better yet, give it the same treatment as Samus' missiles: side + B = faster throw with no armor and less distance whereas smash side + B = longer throw time with armor.

The biggest problems with both of KKR's projectiles is that they're VERY hard commitments. Using either one is asking to be punished by any fast character, especially ones like Falcon where using a projectile is an invitation to be kneed in the face. A faster recovery time would fix this, for sure.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I think it would also be interesting if King K. Rool could temporarily “pause” the movement of his up special once per use. A lot of players like to memorize the timing of King K. Rool’s ascent in order to meteor or stage spike him, so having the option to mix up the timing of his recovery could help him a lot while creating a mind game for the opponent. It also fits in with King K. Rool’s character of always having a trick up his sleeve.

Another change I would like to see is the propellor having the ability to take a hit against a projectile, like Peach’s turnips, Yoshi’s eggs, PK Thunder, or Villager’s Bowling Ball. Essentially, my idea is that if the propellor is directly attacked by a projectile or item, the propellor would self destruct and send King K. Rool slightly upwards at a fixed trajectory. This would slightly help him with otherwise fatal blows, and would encourage the opponent to attack him from the side when recovering.

Top Bottom