• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the old new tech thread

atara

Smash Cadet
https://youtu.be/ohSzm1S7fsM

If you ASDI down a hit with knockback angle 0 < t < 45 so that Pikachu slides off the stage instead of flying off, up-B will cancel all of your momentum, allowing you to recover to ledge.

To be honest I still don't fully understand Amsah teching so I'm probably the worst guy to explain this, but... yeah. Pikachu's ridiculous defense just got even better.

YYJ Turbo

Smash Rookie
https://youtu.be/ohSzm1S7fsM

If you ASDI down a hit with knockback angle 0 < t < 45 so that Pikachu slides off the stage instead of flying off, up-B will cancel all of your momentum, allowing you to recover to ledge.

To be honest I still don't fully understand Amsah teching so I'm probably the worst guy to explain this, but... yeah. Pikachu's ridiculous defense just got even better.
I'm having trouble finding specifics on this but as far as I can tell, Amsah Teching is just using SDI to tech the stage on a hit that sends you horizontal. The key component is that momentum expires over time and there are some factors that can reduce momentum (For example, a tech roll inwards can greatly reduce your momentum).

The flaw with Amsah Teching is that when the tech completes, any leftover momentum is applied to your character. So if you are Fox and tech a falcon knee at the edge at 150%, you'll see Fox tech and fly off the stage regardless.

So I believe the technique here is that if your Amsah tech won't completely remove your momentum, you can Quick Attack after the tech to stop your momentum and recover, yeah?

Last edited:

atara

Smash Cadet
As I understand it you don't actually need to tech at all; as long as you land on the ground and slide off (not bounce) you'll be in an actable state (essentially a ledgecancel) as soon as you're in the air and you can QA, although you might only have 2-3 frames to do so if you're going really fast. Teching might decrease your momentum a little and make it easier to QA but it does require an even faster reaction in order to get the tech.

Last edited:
Top Bottom