• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laem

Smash Champion
wait for him to do **** -> profit
True.. XD sadly im not the best at that.
Btw I compared our MKs vs istud and i noticed that you were able to stay grounded (/ better positioning in general) because he had less banana's out/usable. Would you say that's his own fault or cuz of something you do?

Will probably try d3 next time btw, haven't for a looong time.

RoanYagyu

Smash Journeyman
Ya I finally got some new vids uploaded too XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikHT...DvjVQa1PpcFMWBIp7KnGt5tZDmOgWoTwfHGpQhaqTSnQ=

That's Winner's Finals and then Loser's Finals, with 1 game from GFs. Uploading takes soooo longgggg

Edit- also, sorry for the sound that's how it's always been. My old CRT just has 1 plug for video, 1 for audio, so I only ever get left sound in vids <.<

Uhhh was this supposed to be a playlist ? If so you did it wrong :X
And do you mean right sound? Or is that just me :X?
Your style in that match was really...interesting. For some reason it seemed kinda funny to me. Nice use of platform cancel drop through to punish at the start :D

Dekar173

Justice Man
Uhhh was this supposed to be a playlist ? If so you did it wrong :X
And do you mean right sound? Or is that just me :X?
Your style in that match was really...interesting. For some reason it seemed kinda funny to me. Nice use of platform cancel drop through to punish at the start :D
No clue, I just linked the link provided to me by youtube upon upload lol. It's no big deal if people wanna watch the vids they'll look, and if not they won't ;p

Also, the sound is from one side of the TV, for me since I use headphones on the PC, all I hear is sound coming out of the left headphone. It's pretty distracting, but no fixes aside from using another tv and honestly, I'm far too lazy for that!

RoanYagyu

Smash Journeyman
No clue, I just linked the link provided to me by youtube upon upload lol. It's no big deal if people wanna watch the vids they'll look, and if not they won't ;p

Also, the sound is from one side of the TV, for me since I use headphones on the PC, all I hear is sound coming out of the left headphone. It's pretty distracting, but no fixes aside from using another tv and honestly, I'm far too lazy for that!
Huh, odd. For me with my headphones its only in the right one.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
True.. XD sadly im not the best at that.
Btw I compared our MKs vs istud and i noticed that you were able to stay grounded (/ better positioning in general) because he had less banana's out/usable. Would you say that's his own fault or cuz of something you do?

Will probably try d3 next time btw, haven't for a looong time.
Well I wouldn't say that it's his fault. My whole playstyle vs diddy is to either bait him into throwing his bananas, or making a read and stealing them. Over the last few years I've good experience playing ADHD and sitting down and really learning what to do in most situations (although there are still a lot of areas I can improve on).

Essentially, I don't think dair camping really works as a core strategy vs diddy at all past a certain level. Mixing up between air/ground makes diddy have to work harder, and if you know how to pressure on diddys shield it just makes him have to second guess options that normally work on people at lower levels of play.

Once I remove bananas from play, or have an idea how to get around them I really prefer to stay grounded, because it stops diddy from having the ability to just ''lolshield'' so much since I'll just start grab -> throwing him off stage for it. The better your gimp/juggle game is the more rewarding this will be also

edit: dennis has bad habits also LOL

Vega4

Smash Ace
Phoenix Saga 3: Losers Semis - Zinoto :diddy: vs. Kain :wolf:.

My vid vs Kain was uploaded. Pretty close game ^_^.
I just watched this, and I can't believe that you lost to that Wolf.
I mean, watching the first match you can see that he didn't know how to play vs Diddy. Half of that first match you got him by just throwin naners directly at him, it was like he didn't know that he could just shield nanners...... In the othe half of the first match he discovered that he could shield naners (or use his reflector) and you got desperate... You could just force him to use less his shield or reflector by using monkey filip, but it's like you don't even consider monkey flip as an option. I counted the total times (in all the three matches) that you tried to grab him with monkey flip (Diddy's side B), and the total number was: 0 times!!! You just used Monkey Flip kick like two times, but you didn't even try to grab him at least one single time...

How can you play without even give a chance to Monkey Flip?? Monkey Flip is the best complement for naner game, cause it makes your oponent doesn´t feel confortable just using his shield, and make easier hit him with naners.
I already told you (after watching other of your videos) about your lack of trust in Monkey Flip, but this time it was really amazing. I counted like 15 times that you could use safely Monkey Flip but you just didn't.

PD: Monkey Flip is great if your oponent don't read it, but you should at least give it a chance till you see that you are beind read...

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Drew on my wii today. Took me an hour and a half to get the thing down in sharpie. Who knows how long it'll take to color the *****.

:phone:

tibs7

Smash Champion
^looks cool. i want to draw on my wii toooooooo

vega is completely right. did not monkey flip enough at alllllllll. especially when wolf is landing and you have a nana in hand. they are totally scared of getting nana'd.
the wolf looked good for sure, but didnt look to confident in this MU. shoulda stomped him brah

BooN

Smash Rookie
Who is the best diddy in the world O_O? I just want to know I'm not up to date here, I just watch lots of videos.

I don't know much about tournaments since I just started in competitive, but I am a big fan of ADHD, Vyse, Zinoto,Dekar and a few others. Is AlphaZealot here? I haven't heard of him anymore :(... his videos were the ones to make me play diddy in the first place.

Also, what really happened with ADHD getting disqualified with M2K? I always thought m2k wasn't the best and is overrated, ADHD or Ally could get a win over them no matter the odds :T, just my opinion.

But don't get me wrong m2k is indeed the best mk I just don't think he is the best, tiers are a joke sometimes. What is mk a god? He is his own tier lol, how many times have you guys seen a mk get ***** by diddy? I have plenty and tournaments held here in Florida @ MOSI.

Hope I'm not being rude or intruding on anything, just trying to learn from the best diddy community :D.

Vega4

Smash Ace
Best Diddy now is Player-1.
I was going to say Zinoto, but no way, he doesn't use the power of Monkey Flip, so his Diddy isn't complete yet (he also need to use the power of gaia and the power of the wind).
ADHD is lost somewhere in college, and Gnes hasn't posted his new super tactic, so they are both disqualified...

TreK

Is "that guy"
Don't get caught. Eventually the TOs will think the Peach player is a troll that wants to get you DQ'd.

Speaking of trolling, what's up with Dekar ? I think the last 10 vids of him were all about him SNL'ing people in GF, often two or three times.

tibs7

Smash Champion
snake is broken.
came 2nd at tourny :(
snake just punishes waaay to hard

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
So, I know that most characters can PSNL if they have a Banana and the player is Japanese actually knows how to do it. My question is does every character have the ability to perform some sort of infinite using a Banana, or are there any that can't for whatever reason (fall speeds or something like that)?

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
So, I know that most characters can PSNL if they have a Banana and the player is Japanese actually knows how to do it. My question is does every character have the ability to perform some sort of infinite using a Banana, or are there any that can't for whatever reason (fall speeds or something like that)?

I know puff has to do some really awkward and ******** one, maybe it's not an infinite.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom