• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ohio Thread

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I feel like a SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH FEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST!!!!!!

(Or tourney... but I'm kinda low on cash... What I'm saving is for MMs...)

So, yeah. I'm game. I just have to make sure I'm not working.... >_>"

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I've asked before, but what the hell, I'll try again:

Is there anyone living near Dayton who plays Brawl? (I can't go to Cincinatti as often as I'd like with the new job...)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
No idea... I'm going to be in Akron all December. Does anything happen in the Cleveland/Akron area this december? Are you guys going to not answer in the next 30 seconds and make me look it up? GRARG!

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
No idea... I'm going to be in Akron all December. Does anything happen in the Cleveland/Akron area this december? Are you guys going to not answer in the next 30 seconds and make me look it up? GRARG!
Cleveland has some really good Melee people. See if you can contact 4% and ask him what's going on up there. Not really sure about Brawl.

King~

Smash Champion

there is nojoes tournament in mentor, matter of fact theres one this weekend

and i know there are some akron smashers that come to that

i also play both and live about 30 min from akron

Reinhart_x

Smash Apprentice
Hey, my friend and I are interested in OSU brawl smashfests...if anyone has something going on then please feel free to PM me, we're tired of just playing against each other since we're the only two we can find around here who plays brawl. :urg: WE MUST SMASH!

4% APR

Smash Champion
If you're looking to play brawl there are a few good people at akron U. Maybe send a pm to Ithrowthings.

lou4222

Smash Lord
There is a pretty solid smash scene at OSU. I know myself and Quivo try to play at least twice a week reinhart. I would play everyday if I could find people. I live on north campus. Let me know when youll be around and we should try and play sometime this week. PM me and let me know when you are free so we can play by Wednesdays break.

nojoes

Smash Ace
Test Your Might II had 44 brawl entrants, 20 some melee entrants, future tournaments will have more people and OoS bonuses, venue is pro, and if you want to come just for friendlies we usually have an abundance, this past time we had 4-5 melee and 10 brawl? the time before that we had like 15 brawl 3 melee. next one is Dec 27 keep your eyes open.

Reinhart_x

Smash Apprentice
Alright guys, excellent stuff. I'm so excited someone around here actually plays smash, this will be nice. Also, my friend and I went to TYM2 yesterday...QUIVO, you're too good. We have a lot of good smashers in Ohio apparently, I just never knew how many since, well, I haven't ever gotten any exposure. Lou, I'll PM you as soon as I'm free, unfortunately this week's not gonna work for me. :urg:

Also, JoeS, you're a pretty cool guy, now I'm gonna have to come to one of your tourneys again. :bigthumbu

- THE JERK

lou4222

Smash Lord
Sounds good rinehart. Haha its pretty crzy that quivo and I both posted within one minute of each other saying that you should play with us. If this week is bad for you then we can do the week before finals. Let me know whenever

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Thanks guys for the info.

Yoshi, 4%, I'll look you guys and Ithrowthings up when I get there! Might even bring my bro along. He doesn't get many human opponents in France...

Framerate

Smash Lord
Jokey and I live in Lakewood, near Cleveland and we're both home for winter break so PM either of us if you're up for playing brawl.

Also, if anyone goes to OU, we have a club dedicated specifically for smash. The website is http://originalupholdersofthegamingarts.com/ sign up on the forum and get acquainted with the gang.

lou4222

Smash Lord
Fizzle Boy you should come out to the Springfield Smashfest tonite. I know Paradigm is coming again tonite. Its a good time and we will be smashing for several hours. Check the thread for details

lou4222

Smash Lord
Yea there are a few smashers in the area. Theres quite a few in the Springfield area and also a few in Dayton. We just had a smashfest in Springfield on Friday and Saturday and about 15-20 people came. Get in contact with Paradigm, myself, and MHoltz and hopefully you can make the next event we have

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Any smashers around the Dayton area? I've been hankering to go to a tournament ever since I've moved here.
No tournaments so far as I know in the foreseeable future. Dayton has people who will occasionally get together at WSU (I haven't spoken to them in forever though) and SCC. The guy who last tried to organize the SCC one is out of town 'til January, so I don't know when we'll meet next. Dayton has a number of Brawl people, very few Melee or 64.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Yo, it's DarkLouis from the Toledo area =D I've been to a couple tournaments at Toledo Gaming Center. Just wanted to know if there's any Smashers in the area. I've gotten back into Melee at the beginning of September.

Top Bottom