• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Yoshi FAQ/Q&A Thread -- [Please look here before posting!]

Scatz

Smash Champion
We had a friend draw some Yoshi pics for us at Apex 2012. Everyone that was there got a copy and placed it as an avatar here.

D-tilt has set knockback that hits opponents at a low angle. It's decent for spacing methods since it hits far enough to keep Yoshi somewhat safe (depends on the MU). F-tilt is often used for juggling or a quick pop-up move that covers good range with agility.

Karaoke Man

Smash Apprentice
I've always understood spacing as the thing Marth & MK do with their F-Airs (for example), to attack and preassure their opponent at a close and safe range.

Other questions:

- Is there some trick to make the both hits of the Egg hit an opponent? You know, to bounce on their shield and hit with the exploding hitbox.
- Taking a look at MX's latest videos. What is the purpose of Down B at Yoshi's Island? I'd like to implement that, to my game. 8P (by the way, great job out there d00d)
Haven't been in here for a while, but I can answer some of these for you. Thank you by the way. c:

For the tossing to make both hits of Egg hit the opponent, from what I can tell, it'd only work if they are shielding. For this to work, the heavy toss will not do you justice. It's much more prevalent to work with light tossing of the eggs. The reason why the heavy toss won't work is because the velocity/force of the Egg will still carry over after it bounces off of their shield, but it will bounce too far and you'll be a bit vulernerable afterwards. With light tossing, the Egg is still going in slow motion with much less amount of spin on it so when it hits their shield, the Egg only bounces off of it light and will be very much so in range of the explosion when this happens.

Another way you can do it is to aim your lightly tossed Eggs at the opponent's feet. As they're shielding, it'll again; lightly bounce off of their shield, but because of how low you threw it and the angle at which you hit the shield, it'll bounce diagonally downwards and it'll explode and hit their shield at second time unless they drop their shield. This way is also more likely to shieldpoke if legiments are sticking out of the shield.

The purpose of the Down B on Yoshi's Island (or any stage with slants really) is pretty much what Scatz said. Though, It's main use is more for mindgames and more accessible movement for Yoshi that will catch your opponent off guard. For example; if your opponent is recovering towards the stage on Lylat from above at 120% and you're about at the middle of the stage. You can down B on the slant and DJ Uair him just before he gets on the ledge. If you scared him enough, he may even air dodge the Uair, miss the ledge and fall to his doom anyway. lol

Hope this helpsssss

D

Deleted member 189823

Those things with the eggs, man...that could be quite useful. I am so trying that out.

Thaaaaanks.

Top Bottom