• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official West Virginia Thread - Cilantro Smash 3 (July 19)

MadeYouLook

Smash Cadet
I do remember playing pretty well that set (and the other one from that tournament). Two of the biggest issues with my game in the fox ditto are edgeguarding and recovering. I need to work a little bit on sweetspotting the ledge (especially with shortened/mid illusions), and where I'm recovering from (don't recover too close that I get shined or hit, but not too far that it's easy to react to). I think I'm a bit too predictable or just not optimal with my recoveries. I need to add some shine stalls or airdodges to mix it up, and I also need to be able to sweetspot my jump to the ledge.

Secondly, he's a lot better at edgeguarding than I am. I get caught thinking "do I shine, or should I bair?" and end up flubbing it a lot. There's less room for error when shining, but if you get it then there's nothing your opponent can do. Bair is easier to hit, but at certain percents it just gives them another opportunity to recover and mix up the recovery. Gotta study some Armada fox dittos tbh.

So those are two of the things I really need to work on. I have been working on my dash dancing game so that I can follow up from tech chases easier. I feel like Krox punishes harder than I do, so if I can improve on all these things, I think I'll be able to take more sets in the future.
thanks for the write up I appreciate it. I thought your dash dance looked amazing and you think it needs improved I think dash dance is the coolest thing about melee it takes 10 minutes to learn and a lifetime to master wavedashing etc. is talked about the most but Dash dancing is the heart of melee

if you havent seen it this set was pretty good

also the interview at the end is fantastic I really love the way he talks about how fox combos work its pretty eye opening

edit: Im assuming the set is on PAL though

Last edited:

SuperDavio

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDavio
3DS FC
1633-4266-1971
Let's bring a slight revival in here.

How's summer rolling for my favorite smashers?

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman
Let's bring a slight revival in here.

How's summer rolling for my favorite smashers?
Been great and it's only gonna get better (especially from a smash perspective)! Gonna attend FCR and WTFox with a couple homies this summer and should be hosting Cilantro Smash 3 really soon.
Time to git gud

SuperDavio

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDavio
3DS FC
1633-4266-1971
Yo, we got a 4th region coming up with the Eastern Panhandle doing things. Shoutouts to Devan for that.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
I might be going down to Virginia for a tournament or two. Possible on July 11 but gotta work that out with the others. In any case I should be back up north before long, and hopefully for a Cilantro Smash! Just keep running them and I'm sure they'll start getting pretty big. I'm always down to support the WV tournament scene.

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman

SuperDavio

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDavio
3DS FC
1633-4266-1971
The guys grammar could use work, but their last tournament had 27 melee players. If we made an effort to get half of our competent players there, that number could rise to 40. I think it's definitely worth keeping an eye on for a region wanting to expand, blah blah blah. I need to play different people, dammit

Last edited:

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
How far is Morgantown from Frostburg. The Hagerstown and Martinsburg scene is starting to grow thanks to more regular events and it would be cool to hold an event that Both MD and WV can attend that isn't qute a 3 hour drive for either party.

SuperDavio

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDavio
3DS FC
1633-4266-1971
About 40 minutes or so. Definitely pretty close to us. If we could find a venue there, I'm confident Morgantown would make the drive for fresh competition.

In other news, AlfaCollusion registration is closed! The venue could hold no more. Hope Morgantown can show up in force.

Last edited:

SuperDavio

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDavio
3DS FC
1633-4266-1971
I feel like we were trying to go somewhere with this. Why is Wheeling our only Smashboards presence?

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Should I update this thread or something? I forgot smashboards existed for a bit.

Top Bottom