• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official West Virginia Thread - Cilantro Smash 3 (July 19)

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Hey guys, my friend Akashic Sword is stranded in Virginia around Clifton Forge and is in desperate need of a place to crash for a few days if possible.

He was driving back from APEX and his clutch burned out on him and now he's stuck in the middle of nowhere with an estimated 3-5 days of being ****ed.
Can any one help him?

You can contact me at 239-287-7761 and I can give you information to contact him.

Thanks in advanced.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Why is High Elevation called High Elevation?

I think it's a good tourney name but I don't get it lmao

Makes about as much sense as Aaron'sCaring
Yeah the name has nothing to do with smash and isn't very fitting, but I think a few people thought it sounded cool and went with it. Tbh that's probably how most tournament names come about.

As for the dill stuck in VA. That's actually nowhere near anyone in WV, but it looks like he got in contact with some people in the Western SoVa Facebook group, so hopefully he gets that all sorted out!

MadeYouLook

Smash Cadet
Yeah the name has nothing to do with smash and isn't very fitting, but I think a few people thought it sounded cool and went with it. Tbh that's probably how most tournament names come about.

As for the dill stuck in VA. That's actually nowhere near anyone in WV, but it looks like he got in contact with some people in the Western SoVa Facebook group, so hopefully he gets that all sorted out!

some people actually dont know that west virginia is a different state lol

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was weird that someone would go to Smashboards looking for help with that sort of thing, but then I thought some more and realized that most of us are just really helpful/honest guys.

FoxeR

Smash Cadet
holy **** CRT Tvs are ****ing heavy

carrying 1 up the steps
#beastmode

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Anyone play Smash 4 in the Morgantown area?
Like AaronScaring said, the WV smash group is a good place to find stuff WV-smash related. There's also a WVU smash group which will be more concentrated in the area around you. As for smash 4, there aren't a whole lot of people that play it too seriously around that area, but I'd be willing to bet most of the Melee players would get in some games with you at Scuffles. (Or you could just pick up Melee XD)

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman
Like AaronScaring said, the WV smash group is a good place to find stuff WV-smash related. There's also a WVU smash group which will be more concentrated in the area around you. As for smash 4, there aren't a whole lot of people that play it too seriously around that area, but I'd be willing to bet most of the Melee players would get in some games with you at Scuffles. (Or you could just pick up Melee XD)
Smash 4 gets more entrants than Melee at Scuffles a lot of the time :S

FoxeR

Smash Cadet
feel like im progressing well in learning smash i think my street fighter experience helps because I already understand quite a bit about frames,move priority etc.

netplay is definitely not the same as playing in real life but its better than playing CPUs for sure

made a long ass post on reddit about how I feel about melee...almost every other game that gets played competitively currently is the 2nd or 3rd best in the series ....games with better graphics always seem to get slower

https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBM/comments/2uy40q/i_just_want_to_say_i_just_started_playing/

Last edited:

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Smash 4 gets more entrants than Melee at Scuffles a lot of the time :S
Tru, but last time both Melee and PM outnumbered smash 4. I was just saying I don't think there are too many people who take it seriously compared to Melee/PM but there are still plenty of people who are willing to play. At least that's what I've gathered from the Facebook group.

Though, with that said, if you're interested in competitive Smash 4 I'm sure WV could use some representatives to get that scene rolling. Scuffles would be a good place to gather some interest.

Last edited:

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Yo dis is hype. Is that gonna be a regular (like monthly/weekly/etc.) type of thing, or are you thinking of making it a possible tournament series?

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman
right now, this event stands on its own. My schedule is too nuts to make it a weekly/monthly with any consistency.

If everything goes well though, I'll do some sequels and it will probably end up being something like a bimonthly :)

FoxeR

Smash Cadet
training hard for cilantro smash

traded my 23 inch HDTV for my grandparents beautiful big CRT and found a brand new CRT monitor on ebay for 50$ with shipping for netplay/dolphin ...completely worth

Last edited:

The Royal Goon

Smash Rookie
NNID
WarriorNamedSwan
@ Soupeschleg Soupeschleg because mountains are elevated.....highly? idk d00d

Long story lmaooooo
The story is WV sucks **** at Smash, I have seen you guys I am not impressed I offered to play all of you online smash 4 but you guy, knowing I couldn't make it up there, insisted on driving on up there and then called me lazy when I said I couldn't go, *****, Im not Goku I dont have IT it is a waste of my time, I could clean Wv's clock using Ganon easily, I get better competition on for glory so tell WV Smash to keep jerking off to a 13/14 year old game.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
I can't speak for the skill level of you or anyone else in WV in Smash 4, but I do know online play sucks for competitive smash, so it's kind of a waste of time. You should go to some tourneys if you want to compare skill level (not necessarily WV tourneys).

AaronScaring

Smash Apprentice
I can't speak for the skill level of you or anyone else in WV in Smash 4, but I do know online play sucks for competitive smash, so it's kind of a waste of time. You should go to some tourneys if you want to compare skill level (not necessarily WV tourneys).
Fran don't even try. He's a wifi warrior

AaronScaring

Smash Apprentice
The story is WV sucks **** at Smash, I have seen you guys I am not impressed I offered to play all of you online smash 4 but you guy, knowing I couldn't make it up there, insisted on driving on up there and then called me lazy when I said I couldn't go, *****, Im not Goku I dont have IT it is a waste of my time, I could clean Wv's clock using Ganon easily, I get better competition on for glory so tell WV Smash to keep jerking off to a 13/14 year old game.
I just like how you assume that you're better than everyone here. Have you even played anyone from here on wifi besides Victor? You are literally the definition of neckbeard scum. We obviously don't want you, so keep WV out of your posts.

Gnarly

Smash Rookie
You have literally never came to any WV tourney lmao. You have only caused problems and have never shown any proof of said "skill" and I'm really tired of hearing about you trashing WV when you have played 0 of us.

and get out of here with that "JO'ing to a 14 year old game" argument, that shade is older than Knux's SB account.

FoxeR

Smash Cadet

u aint a goon playboi come up to wheeling and get bopped you right you aint goku more like krillin bring ya hole crew playboi and see what is up you so free Ethiopians can afford your ass

this what happens when you look up soft ass Ballard,Wv you better keep praying to jesus cause even he cant save you

Last edited:

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman
man keeps talking trash as if I care if I lose in smash

see in me in diddy kong racing where it really matters

live or die by walrus cove with your 14 year old game bitchass neck

304 holdin it down

mynameisdog4

Smash Apprentice
no idea whats going on here but if we are just trash talking about random games i would destroy anyone on this site in NFL Street

the **** you know about Dr. Pancake

Last edited:

FoxeR

Smash Cadet
O **** I was a beast at the orginal NFL street if you think your really good youd probably beat me though

Randle El at QB all day

and you definitely dont wanna see me in PS2 madden

Madden 04 and 05 are some of the best games ive ever played

next gen is garbage though ...its like going from Melee to Brawl =(

Last edited:

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman
hey here are results from Cilantro Smash http://smashboards.com/threads/cilantro-smash-results-feb-22-wheeling-wv.392363/ I'm sure you've already seen em, but I wanted to post in this thread so I cover all my bases like the good TO I am.

Also Fran you should change the thread title back to Smashtown now. I'm sure Samet has had his panties in a bunch since his event wasn't getting max publicity

FoxeR

Smash Cadet
just realized if me and dog play doubles again we are

mind blown

Last edited:

Terabyte

Smash Rookie
NNID
PokeBoy99
Hello, I'm in WV Smash but might as well post here too. I've been working on my Dedede and Wario in Smash 4 and hope to attend a Smash 4 event here soon. I don't know how soon it'll be but hopefully sometime in the near future. I've literally been having dreams about attending events, and you can't fight your dreams man. You've gotta FOLLOW! But for now, I gotta improve.

Top Bottom