• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official West Virginia Thread - Cilantro Smash 3 (July 19)

Veloh

Smash Rookie
https://www.facebook.com/groups/408805205918060/

Join that.

There's no organized "list of locals" but everything is on there. Weekly, there are tournaments in Cross Lanes, Morgantown, and Huntington I think.

Hope to see you at an event!
Thanks! I've only been to one local so far and I got lucky finding it on here. WV isn't the easiest place to find tourneys unfortunately.

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman
Thanks! I've only been to one local so far and I got lucky finding it on here. WV isn't the easiest place to find tourneys unfortunately.
I think we have quite a healthy tournament schedule compared to a lot of scenes of a similar size. Could be better obviously, but it's nothing to complain about!

Veloh

Smash Rookie
I think we have quite a healthy tournament schedule compared to a lot of scenes of a similar size. Could be better obviously, but it's nothing to complain about!
It's definitely a healthy scene, but for someone who doesn't have a ton of connections it's kinda hard to find. Really thankful I did though, I met some super nice people last month. I'm just really glad there's a scene at all!

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Check out AFK Monthly tomorrow for Melee!!

And yes, it's hard to find about the WV scene unless you happen to use this outdated software, although I think googling WV smash leads you to where you wanna be kinda.

But there are still a lot of smashers unaccounted for, namely the buffoons in southern WV that never showed their faces again. Hope to see more people come out!

Last edited:

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Sup WV. I'm a Ganon main from the Boston area traveling to WV in about a month. I'll be around Bridgeport from 7/16 - 7/18. If anyone's looking to get a sesh in or if there'll be a fest or something, let me know! I can drive pretty much anywhere within reason around that area.

Top Bottom