• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
You're making excuses for the leaker. Stop it. This is the exact problem with the leak supporters that bugs me the most out of anything else leak related.

If he had access to the information on both leaks, it stands to reason he had information on Rosalina, too. He chose not to release it for some reason, probably because he never had the information to begin with, likely because he never saw it coming because the whole thing is tripe.

Why didn't he release the information if he had it? Who knows. Not like he didn't have plenty of time to let that information go. Instead, he stuck to releasing information days/hours before major events and it came back to bite him on the *** in this occasion.

Yeah, but the problem is that he didn't, and you can't rationalize away that that's an enormous red flag against the leak. I can use it for facts against the leak because there's nothing about him missing Rosalina that SUPPORTS the leak. So, yeah, I can, and it holds all kinds of grounds. People choose to ignore it as evidence because, again, it's not convenient for Gematsu Leak supporters.

Who seriously saw Rosalina coming? No-one.

Who outside of Japan saw Greninja coming? No-one.

Who saw ZSS, Charizard and Sheik becoming separate characters? No-one

Both the initial confirms and the solo character information would have us sitting here, sipping coffee and discussing what kinds of characters Palutena, Chorus Men and Shulk would inevitably be. It didn't happen for whatever reason, and so here we are, arguing about it.

Literally, right now? The ONLY evidence that supports the Gematsu Leak is Wii Fit Trainer. All I'm asking for is for lightning to strike twice. He missed several opportunities to do just that. SEVERAL COMPLETELY SEPARATE OPPORTUNITIES. And failed to do so. It's not like it's an isolated event. This is a consistent failure to convince us that the leak isn't a fluke.

Man, I understand that people want the leak to be real. People want EVERY leak to be real. People cling to this leak because it has the tiniest shred of evidence that there might be something to it.

Not necessarily, but you know what else predicts stuff in a vague fashion that could, in some extremely broad sense, be conceived as accurate? I'll give you a second to answer that.

That's right, psychics and horoscope readings.. and funny thing, there's no evidence that any of that is accurate, either.

Anyway, I'm not particularly upset or anything. If the leak's right, it's right. Cool. I was wrong, and I'm willing to admit that. If the leak's wrong, it's wrong. Cool, but people won't admit that it's wrong, and people are choosing to ignore the evidence that it just might be wrong. That's upsetting to me.

There's only so many times you can handwave inconvenient information and evidence, and rationalize it because you have to sit back and look at it all in one big picture and say 'Huh, there might be something here.'. I'm willing to admit that Wii Fit Trainer is the foundation of the leak. That's an impressive guess, or the guy clearly had some kind of information. There's something there. Unfortunately, you can't build a sound, reliable house with just the foundation, and the Gematsu Leak doesn't even have walls, let alone a roof.
I think we're going to have to agree to disagree here. I don't agree with any of your points, honestly. They all seem based around a skeptical mindset rather than one that tries to rationalize facts. It's like a glass-half-full and a glass-half-empty person trying to see the same thing.

You claim that he didn't list the whole roster because he didn't have it. I disagree. As others have stated before, there are reasons to why someone who is trying to protect their job would not do this. It makes them easily targetable. But releasing it in short bursts like the leaker has makes it harder to track. But you know what else it does? It makes it less believable to some. I can understand that. To some, the situation is black or white, either he's right or he's wrong, and if he's not 100% right, he's wrong.

I choose to live in the grey. I can come up with ideas and theories as to why the leaker might not have revealed everything just as you can come up with ideas and theories as to why him not revealing everything proves he's wrong, but when you boil this down to the facts, it's clear that the leaker, whether it's a lucky guess or an accurate leak, is more right than wrong.

He has guessed/knew about Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man, Animal Crossing Guy, Little Mac, and Pokemon from X and Y. He has not had anything deconfirmed. This is what it boils down to, and that's it.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I think we're going to have to agree to disagree here. I don't agree with any of your points, honestly. They all seem based around a skeptical mindset rather than one that tries to rationalize facts. It's like a glass-half-full and a glass-half-empty person trying to see the same thing.
I guess we ARE going to have to agree to disagree here.

What this whole thing boils down to is that it's a text leak with some shred of evidence that gives it an ounce of credibility over every other text leak. Yeah, it hasn't been debunked, but neither has a lot of other text leaks, and it certainly hasn't been confirmed to be 100% accurate, either.

Like I said, all I'm asking for is lightning to strike twice, and it hasn't happened yet. I want that final piece of evidence that proves the leak is right. Ample opportunities have been given to do so, none of them have been taken, so that, to me, demands the leak be scrutinized.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
no new email? That's curious maybe tomorrow?
I'm actually pretty confident that we're not going to get another leak. The way it's been looking all this time, the leaker has been dealing with outdated information. I don't think he's got anything left. Might be totally wrong though. Someone go email Sal.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm actually pretty confident that we're not going to get another leak. The way it's been looking all this time, the leaker has been dealing with outdated information. I don't think he's got anything left. Might be totally wrong though. Someone go email Sal.
Actually, that's a good point. Can't leak anything new if it doesn't exist for him.

The theory that he's fired is... pretty reasonable at this point. Sadly, we'll never know. :/

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Someone may have considered this already, but wouldn't this leak be disproven if we got a Rhythm Heaven character that wasn't the Chorus Kids?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Someone may have considered this already, but wouldn't this leak be disproven if we got a Rhythm Heaven character that wasn't the Chorus Kids?
Kind of. There's a lot of speculation if he read Chorus Man or Chorus Men. Apparently "Chorus Kids" wasn't the word listed.

What I want to know is if the list was written in English or Japanese... Because I'm pretty sure Man and Men are written pretty differently(in Hiragana or Katakana). Man and Men are a little hard to tell apart(in English).

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If we go from like three Chorus Men (which is what's expected) to just like... Marshall, it could be a case of development on the character shifting from when the tipster received that information, but if we get like... Karate Joe, then yeah, imo there'd be a good chance of that leak being less-than-valid.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
It might not be disproven as such, but it would certainly indicate that this is extremely outdated information. If we get another character from Rhythm heaven I'd be inclined to believe that this leak is from the early planning stage and their rep changed. Hence the lack of a name for Villager and the vagueness of the Pokemon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd say so.
In fact, I'd gladly have the leak being proven false if it meant I could POSE FOR THE FANS as Wrestler.

Last edited by a moderator:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If its Marshal, no. Marshal looks like the Chorus Men. Anyone else? Yes, I'd say so. Honestly if it WAS Marshal I wouldn't care as much, either, I hate the idea of Chorus Men/Kids because they only appeared in one game in only TWO minigames in said game. At least Marshal has greater prominence in the series.

D

Deleted member

If its Marshal, no. Marshal looks like the Chorus Men. Anyone else? Yes, I'd say so. Honestly if it WAS Marshal I wouldn't care as much, either, I hate the idea of Chorus Men/Kids because they only appeared in one game in only TWO minigames in said game. At least Marshal has greater prominence in the series.
.....Marshal is only in Rhythm Heaven Fever, and only has the Rhythm Test and the Night Walk credits game to put on his resume.

One of the Chorus Kids appears in Rhythm Heaven Fever in the Munchy Monk endless game, and all three cameo in Game & Wario, whereas Marshal makes no such cameo.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
.....Marshal is only in Rhythm Heaven Fever, and only has the Rhythm Test and the Night Walk credits game to put on his resume.

One of the Chorus Kids appears in Rhythm Heaven Fever in the Munchy Monk endless game, and all three cameo in Game & Wario, whereas Marshal makes no such cameo.
My mistake, I thought Marshal appeared more often. I was pretty sure I read that he did appear more often. :p

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
My mistake, I thought Marshal appeared more often. I was pretty sure I read that he did appear more often. :p
Marshal HAS appeared more often, although he looked a bit different in the first Rhythm Heaven. But he was also in the DS game and the Wii game. He's been in all of them, and is now sort of the mascot for Rhythm Heaven.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Marshal HAS appeared more often, although he looked a bit different in the first Rhythm Heaven. But he was also in the DS game and the Wii game. He's been in all of them, and is now sort of the mascot for Rhythm Heaven.
Marshal's design was definitely inspired by the Chorus Kids, but I don't really think they're the same guys.
And the little hopping guy in Night Walk is actually a character from some GBA media player called Play-Yan

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Marshal's design was definitely inspired by the Chorus Kids, but I don't really think they're the same guys.
And the little hopping guy in Night Walk is actually a character from some GBA media player called Play-Yan
Ah, I figured it was the same character since they use the night walk stage with Marshal in it in Rhythm Heaven Fever. He's also the main character that teaches you how to play the game at the beginning, too, so I think it stands he's the mascot now.

But I will say I never knew his name. If they mentioned it in the intro, I don't remember it. xD

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Really would love for this leak to be a bust, Mii's and Chrom really make things ugly for me. As for Chorus Men/Marshall, I think that if they made this mix up it would be fine to atoll consider it plausible. The stooge could have scribbled on a note or something man but with poor handwriting when writing fast it looked like an E when we posted it to Sal. Once again, we can all make ideas how man & men can get confusing but that's my idea on it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Again, if the list he copied it from is in English or Japanese does matter. In English, Man and Men do look similar.

They look a lot different in Japanese.

男性 = Man
の男性 = Men

That's one possibility.

However, there's also

マン = Man
人々 = Men

I can't tell at the moment which one was Hirigana and Katakana. Could someone note that? That said, if it's in English, none of this matters, but we don't know what the list was like, so...

D

Deleted member 245254

Again, if the list he copied it from is in English or Japanese does matter. In English, Man and Men do look similar.

They look a lot different in Japanese.

男性 = Man
の男性 = Men

That's one possibility.

However, there's also

マン = Man
人々 = Men

I can't tell at the moment which one was Hirigana and Katakana. Could someone note that? That said, if it's in English, none of this matters, but we don't know what the list was like, so...
Never use Google translate to try and prove a point concerning a language you know nothing about. Just trust me on this :|

It's highly unlikely a contact he knows gave him a leak in a language he doesn't understand or wouldn't. Much more unlikely they'd even be talking at all in the first place if the contact couldn't reasonably communicate with him in English.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Never use Google translate to try and prove a point concerning a language you know nothing about. Just trust me on this :|
Just answer the question. Google Translate is how I am able to put Japanese letters somewhere online. I translate stuff offline generally. I just haven't checked my book in a while, so I can't remember what writing style that was. If you don't know the actual answer, then please don't reply to me about stuff acting like I don't know what I'm doing(when I very much do, actually. But you seem adamant on always assuming I'm some kind of idiot, and it needs to stop).

It's highly unlikely a contact he knows gave him a leak in a language he doesn't understand or wouldn't. Much more unlikely they'd even be talking at all in the first place if the contact couldn't reasonably communicate with him in English.
Yep, the leaker couldn't have translated it or read it wrong? That's the reason I posted those. If he used one translation, it can look like Men or Man with barely any difference, if it was the other, it's clear it was one specifically. It's just as likely the list was found in Japanese and he translated it(possibly improperly).

We're trying to figure out proper ways to determine how the person viewed the list and got the name. The problem with leaks like this is that it's very mysterious. Did Sal's leaker even say where he was from? If he got the information, it's obviously from Japan, which means he has to translate everything himself. And can we really say he's 100% perfect on translations? There's a lot to think about here.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Is there really any way that people would stop believing this leak?
A legitimate disconfirmation of a character besides Chorus Men(due to his exact name being hard to tell and a very good chance they could be canned during development due to actual technical issues. Also, if Marshall shows up as playable, and they're an Assist Trophy, it was a simple translation error. Something that has a fair chance of happening).

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
A legitimate disconfirmation of a character besides Chorus Men(due to his exact name being hard to tell and a very good chance they could be canned during development due to actual technical issues. Also, if Marshall shows up as playable, and they're an Assist Trophy, it was a simple translation error. Something that has a fair chance of happening).
And even then that'd only count for the second half, technically, unless Pac-Man doesn't show tomorrow (if Pac-Man is in, he'll be at E3). So, it all comes down to what happens tomorrow.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And even then that'd only count for the second half, technically, unless Pac-Man doesn't show tomorrow (if Pac-Man is in, he'll be at E3). So, it all comes down to what happens tomorrow.
True. There's two separate parts. It's going to take a bit. Palutena is kind of a duh. Mii isn't guaranteed(but likely), and Pac-Man is the same as Mii.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
It'd be cool if we got leaked info tomorrow before or after the conference. Maybe something is in store for after the tournament?

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
Before tomorrow, I do want to say one thing.

No, this isn't a typical "WELL It could still be real" type of thing.

It's more about Sal. I honestly think if this leak is fake, Sal was NOT the one who made this.

I think if it's fake, the leaker had some inside knowledge but just made up the rest.

D

Deleted member

I think people who are hoping that this leak gets debunked or confirmed real tomorrow are going to be up for a big disappointment unless we get the entire roster revealed there. Chorus Men is likely going to be held off until release and everyone else is highly expected anyway, so confirmed them wouldn't do much to help validate the leak.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I think people who are hoping that this leak gets debunked or confirmed real tomorrow are going to be up for a big disappointment unless we get the entire roster revealed there. Chorus Men is likely going to be held off until release and everyone else is highly expected anyway, so confirmed them wouldn't do much to help validate the leak.
very true. im expecting a rep or 2...or 3... from sal's leak to get shown but probably NOT "chorus men" and thus we will still have a lot of people doubting the leak.

though if pacman mii and someone from the 2nd leak get confirmed I think you'd have to be in serious denial to not believe the leaks.

hopefully there are more newcomers than what this leaker has told and hopefully we'll hear from the leaker again at some point today.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
very true. im expecting a rep or 2...or 3... from sal's leak to get shown but probably NOT "chorus men" and thus we will still have a lot of people doubting the leak.

though if pacman mii and someone from the 2nd leak get confirmed I think you'd have to be in serious denial to not believe the leaks.

hopefully there are more newcomers than what this leaker has told and hopefully we'll hear from the leaker again at some point today.
I doubt there are much more if it's real, maybe 1 o 2 more and that's all.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I doubt there are much more if it's real, maybe 1 o 2 more and that's all.
i feel the same way, i cap the roster at 50... more just seems extremely unlikely.

and with seemingly all of brawl returning (-squirtle and ivysaur) we'd hit 49 with sal's leak. then there is the question of snake returning or not... so I totally agree 1or 2 more at most would put us at 50 and again i just don't see the roster being much more than that.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's more about Sal. I honestly think if this leak is fake, Sal was NOT the one who made this.
...Sal never created the leak. He got it from someone else. Sal is very credible, his leaker is another story.

I think if it's fake, the leaker had some inside knowledge but just made up the rest.
Very likely the case, even if not all of it is true. Also, the outdated information theory helps with that as well.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
...Sal never created the leak. He got it from someone else. Sal is very credible, his leaker is another story.

Very likely the case, even if not all of it is true. Also, the outdated information theory helps with that as well.
Yeah, I realize that, I just didn't want people trying to pen this on Sal. Some people think he made the leak to generate clicks.

Also, I guess we wont be getting another leak now? 1 1/2 hours till the digital event.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
So, from what I've been reading, Sal's leaker might have e-mailed him again and information is still coming. Either way, Nintendo event super-soon.

Hold on to your hats, I guess.

EDIT: Have also been hearing whispers of Smash reveals, or at least some kind of information, being saved for after the Invitational. Not sure how legitimate THAT is, but it doesn't sound all that crazy to me.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
It would not surprise me if they didn't reveal any Smash information during the digital event and waited until the Invitational....

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
So, from what I've been reading, Sal's leaker might have e-mailed him again and information is still coming. Either way, Nintendo event super-soon.

Hold on to your hats, I guess.

EDIT: Have also been hearing whispers of Smash reveals, or at least some kind of information, being saved for after the Invitational. Not sure how legitimate THAT is, but it doesn't sound all that crazy to me.

Just curious, where did you read that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom