• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
After a full spring and summer of competition, the SBR felt as though it was time to take the first stab at a tier list for Brawl. Before I post it, let me remind you all of a few important things:

1. Tier placement doesn't necessarily reflect your ability to beat your friends with a specific character. You might beat your friend's Metaknight with Sonic, but that doesn't mean Sonic is top tier. It means you win that matchup against your friend. Tiers are not absolute measurements of match outcomes.

2. Instead of measuring match outcomes, tiers are more a measurement of potential of characters against the rest of the cast in a competitive, 1v1 tournament environment. It shows general strength of a character's abilities in a specific tournament environment. So yes, maybe Yoshi is a beast in teams or Ganon is REALLY good with items turned on... but this list measures somethingd different than those things.

3. This list is based on a combination of tournament result data, extensive discussions with top players and tournament hosts and looking at general trends in play in the current competitive metagame. It took a lot of work on the part of some of the best minds in Smash to compile this list.

4. This list might change with time. It is based on how we perceive the game to be and play it competitively NOW. However, if a replacement for l-canceling is discovered or new tactics cause the game to evolve over time, this list could change. So if you main a character that isn't near the top, keep playing and evolving their game. You might be the one, like Chu Dat's Ice Climbers back in Melee, that cause people's opinions to change.

5. That said, don't give up hope! Just because your character isn't ranked at or near the top, doesn't mean you can't do fantastic things with them with enough talent and effort. We do not publish this list to encourage players to change their main tournament character. If anything, it should serve as a challenge to take the game to the next level.

6. In Smash, any character can win in any matchup if you are smarter and better than your opponents by a wide enough margin. So keep playing to win and work hard to be the best player you can be, regardless of which character you use.

And without further ado, I present to you the official SBR Brawl Tier List (v1.0):

Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.

High
Marth
Wario
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Diddy
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Pit
Wolf

Middle
Toon Link
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Sheik

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Captain Falcon

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
btw, I don't have an active GameFAQs account anymore, so you guys are welcome to publish this over there, and any other sites you think should hear about the tier list for Brawl. Thanks

undead_saint

Smash Rookie
I have a lot of fun with those low tier characters, so I guess theres a chance I'll raise them up one day.
I was having fun with dedede for a while too. Had no idea that he was top tier material.

bigman40

Smash Master
I see this as pretty well made. I do think that the next tier list might switch a lot of characters seeing as how the metagame is still progressing (except MK >_>).

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
But R0y haz F1Re!
+10 sympathy points.

@Topic:
Hah. I would've expected Wolf a little higher. Considering the fact I had a tournament with at least 50% of the 30 people maining Wolf. <.<
But that may only be my own thoughts. Yeah. I think that list is pretty heads on. *thumbs up*

rel_12

Smash Apprentice
I agree with this list, also its funny because 2/3 of my mains are low, and they are Yoshi and Ness, my 3rd Best is Diddy which is High. xD

Spire

III
BRoomer
I main Mid-Low tier characters. Hooray!

I'm sure a bottom tier will be decided soon.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
This is way sooner than I expected.

Anyway, great job on it.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Metaknight
Snake
King DDD That's good.
Mr G&W
Falco Yay, Falco!
ROB I suspected as much.

High
Marth She's overrated IMO.
Wario You win. Period.
Lucario
DK Seems like DK took a huge leap from Melee.
Diddy
Pikachu Pika needs to get out of the game.
IC
Kirby
Pit
Wolf

Middle
Toon Link
Olimar Lower than I expected
Fox
Zelda
Zamus
Bowser Really? Boozer's Middle Tier? Cool.
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Shiek

Low
Lucas I figured he'd be a bit higher, but what evs.
Ness
Mario
Pokemon Trainer I really don't see why.
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic He's too weak!
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Cptn. Falcon *cries*
Comments in bold.

One more thing: Why do you make Zelda and Shiek 2 chars, but make PT one?

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
btw, I don't have an active GameFAQs account anymore, so you guys are welcome to publish this over there, and any other sites you think should hear about the tier list for Brawl. Thanks
Ah man I don't want to even think about what that thread's going to be like...

When I started using DDD it was because I just love the character, but I never imagined back when this thing first came out that he'd be as successful generally as he's been.

Rouenne

Smash Apprentice
Man it really hurts to see Link...second bottom. Sakurai clearly hates him

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I had no idea Bowser was so high. I've only faced a really good Bowser once though. That would explain things.

If anyone mains Bowser, contact me. I want you to prove to me why he's so good :laugh:

EDIT: Great list btw! Seems right to me.

Fletch

Smash Master
I like the general order... I don't really like the groups though. I think there needs to be a separate top tier with probably just Snake and Meta... they seem much better than the rest of the cast. Other than that, looks pretty decent, but why is Olimar so low?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Top tier is too big imo. Brawl isn't that balanced. At leat MK should have his own tier

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Anyone mind explaining to me why DK is high tier and Toon Link is top of medium? I've been gone from the brawl scene (melee and ssb64 ftw) and I just don't get how DK got so high and Toon Link got pretty low >_>

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
This is gonna have such a negative effect on the lower characters meta-games lol.
Why bring out a list just as characters are developing?
They shouldn't, but people will see this as 'omg solid gold truth!' and so will ignore lower characters and bandwagon to 'better' characters, slowing down the lower characters metagame because people won't use them, creating an unneccessary bigger gap between the two groups.
So yeah, kudos to you guys ruining the prospects of these 'worse characters' at an early stage.
It's far too early to bring out a list.

On a seperate note, I thought the BRoomers were beyond the 'lol sonic has no priority or kill moves or range or...etc' that you hear from the raucous cawwing from the masses, but apparently not.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
On a seperate note, I thought the BRoomers were beyond the 'lol sonic has no priority or kill moves or range or...etc' that you hear from the raucous cawwing from the masses, but apparently not.
Because he doesn't. Pardon my french, but Sonic sucks ***.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom