• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nestec

Smash Ace
Hmm, I think that if Ness' tourney placings can stay as good as they are at right now by the time the next tier list comes around, he should be bumped up to top of D-Tier at the very least... :/

---

How many Dedede's were at Genesis? I don't think there were ANY near the top rankings.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Did any DK players place reasonably high? Since there seems to be a lack of King Dedede, perhaps he'd have been in with a chance.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
There's bigfoot, however I don't know where he placed, but I know he's at the least a good Donkey Bong player. After him then there's...

Uhm...

...There's uh...-

Ah screw it, I don't know anybody else except Bm who either didn't attend (to my knowledge) and/or quit this game that was known for being good and playing Donkey Bong, I'm sorry.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Cyphus wasn't there, if I recall correctly.

That leaves Bigfoot, Ripple, and I know Jmex for sure.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
Sorry bout this but does someone have like latest tier list, I could find it like 2 days ago but kinda has been lost in the thread...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I seriously think this list needs so editing. Wario A-Tier? and Zelda at least deserves C-Tier.
Kcccmppphhhh.

Anyway for previous installments that had Lucas at bottom... just search for the word "tier list", something's bound to come up.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
The one that had Lucas at the bottom was the tourney rankings list (Ankoku's thread) as of last week.

Not gonna lie though; that's exactly where he's supposed to be XD.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Yet we have reached an impass. Lucas is still higher than Ness. No matter, as Ankoku said, order doesn't matter. For all we know it could arranged in alphabetical order.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
lol oh, yeah was unsure whether that was here or the other....sigh, 18 and already losing my mind

thanks everyone :)

G&W X

Smash Cadet
Wow Wario 3rd........the world must of ended when this was posted and this world is a copy (cookie for those who get this reference)

Could someone explain to me the reasoning behind Samus's postion?

It seems to me that Samus has excellent spacing ability making it difficult to approach, and excellent ability to combo.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Could someone explain to me the reasoning behind Samus's postion?

It seems to me that Samus has excellent spacing ability making it difficult to approach, and excellent ability to combo.
She suffers from "I cannot kill-initis". My Snake regularly lives to 160-230% against King Chaos's Samus. She dies around 120~ or sooner for me, crouching gets rid of most of her spacing game.

People have ways to deal with it, except Ganon <_<

gm jack

Smash Lord
I seriously think this list needs so editing. Wario A-Tier? and Zelda at least deserves C-Tier.
Wario is a fantastic character. His aerial agility and high priority aerials mean he can poke holes in the defence of anyone, on top of solid kill options (a half charged waft can kill incredibly early), being pretty heavy and **** near un-gimpable. Wario deserves his 3rd spot.

Zelda is a garbage, and if anything, is going to go down more, not up, unless she finds some techniques that completely change her game. She is fantastic on defence, but is awful at approaching and is unable to camp the vast majority of people as Din's Fire is easy to deal with. Short hop and air dodge and run in to hit her in the massive ending lag. Not being able to camp well means she can't force approaches and use her awesome defensive game.

On top of this, she is hard countered by Meta Knight, Snake and G&W.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
She suffers from "I cannot kill-initis". My Snake regularly lives to 160-230% against King Chaos's Samus. She dies around 120~ or sooner for me, crouching gets rid of most of her spacing game.

People have ways to deal with it, except Ganon <_<
There's more to it than just a lack of killing power. It's the fact that her other abilities can't really make up for it. Other characters like Peach and Diddy have trouble killing too, but they're higher than Samus because their other abilities make up for it.

Samus' spacing is definitely great.... if you don't know how to powershield. Really, it's not too hard once you get the hang of it, and it gets rid of one of her greatest strengths. Samus also sucks at close range because her close-range moves lack damage and knockback, and because her projectiles aren't as effective. Oh, and of course there's the fact that she gets infinited by King Dedede. That doesn't really help...

Zelda is a garbage, and if anything, is going to go down more, not up, unless she finds some techniques that completely change her game. She is fantastic on defence, but is awful at approaching and is unable to camp the vast majority of people as Din's Fire is easy to deal with. Short hop and air dodge and run in to hit her in the massive ending lag. Not being able to camp well means she can't force approaches and use her awesome defensive game.

On top of this, she is hard countered by Meta Knight, Snake and G&W.
Or you can use a high priority aerial to cancel it out. Everything else you said is right, though.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
There's more to it than just a lack of killing power. It's the fact that her other abilities can't really make up for it. Other characters like Peach and Diddy have trouble killing too, but they're higher than Samus because their other abilities make up for it.

Samus' spacing is definitely great.... if you don't know how to powershield. Really, it's not too hard once you get the hang of it, and it gets rid of one of her greatest strengths. Samus also sucks at close range because her close-range moves lack damage and knockback, and because her projectiles aren't as effective. Oh, and of course there's the fact that she gets infinited by King Dedede. That doesn't really help...
Powershielding something that the Samus had good spacing with still gets you punished in my experiences.

However -as stated, her CQC sucks, she can't kill, gets infinited, is floaty, and blah blah blah.

Taunt > UDU taunts really quickly

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Or you could just press shield when selecting her, turning her into a better character without needing lightning quick fingers.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Actually, if Samus covered any of ZSS' bad match-ups (falco, sheik, maybe diddy) she'd be worthwhile just for the character select screen mindgames, but alas... :p

I need to remember to use the box as an edgeguarding tool for certain people, it would help at times.

Don't you technically have to declare who you are using for a CP character? So really no selection MGs there SFP. Beginning of the set sure.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I need to remember to use the box as an edgeguarding tool for certain people, it would help at times.

Don't you technically have to declare who you are using for a CP character? So really no selection MGs there SFP. Beginning of the set sure.
For larger, more strongly regulated tourneys probably. But if you ever go to a Mom 'n Pop tourney at like GameStop or something... no. :p Not that it matters, I don't think Samus does very well vs. any of those characters.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Like anyone CPs ZSS anyways. She's usually either your main or you have no idea what the hell she does.

Erow mains Snake and seconds ZSS, but even when playing Atomsk's Snake at Genesis he didn't go Zero suit lol. That's what happens when you "second" a really difficult to play character.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Like anyone CPs ZSS anyways. She's usually either your main or you have no idea what the hell she does.

Erow mains Snake and seconds ZSS, but even when playing Atomsk's Snake at Genesis he didn't go Zero suit lol. That's what happens when you "second" a really difficult to play character.
IMO Snake has a bigger learning curve than ZSS does. But that's just me...

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Spoiler: He does. That's why good Snakes win tournaments.
How does learning curve have anything to do with winning tournies? By your logic MK wouldn't be winning anything lol

And I can't really see how Snake has a higher learning curve to begin with. He's not an easy character, but I wouldn't put him in the difficult group either. I mean what do you think makes him so hard? And if you're gonna say DACUS get that **** outa here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom