• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

xatm092

Smash Apprentice
While Sonic has the agility and size to avoid some of MK's pseudo-combos, this doesn't take from the fact that MK is just a better character in nearly every way, and Sonic is still going to find it near-impossible to find an opening.

60:40 at best, maybe 65:35

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

And there are characters that **** all three of PT's Pokemon. What should you do now?
There are?

Please, tell me who characters those are. The only one I can think of that is close to that is Marth, and Ivysaur/Charizard fare decently with proper spacing. If Squirtle can SDI the grab-release -> spike, then the matchup isn't universally bad for him, either (although it's still not good).

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
I feel like instigating drama, although the following is my honest belief.

I believe Sonic vs MK is 55:45 (MK:Sonic), possibly but unlikely aproachng 50:50 in actual play. Others agree.

Discuss.

Does Sonic have some godly grab release I don't know about, or are you talking about some other game? Because there's NO WAY that Sonic has an even matchup vs. MK. 65:35 or so.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
There are?

Please, tell me who characters those are. The only one I can think of that is close to that is Marth, and Ivysaur/Charizard fare decently with proper spacing. If Squirtle can SDI the grab-release -> spike, then the matchup isn't universally bad for him, either (although it's still not good).
I think falco does well against all the pokemon as well also GaW in my opinion
however in both of those there is one pokemon that will do decent

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I think falco does well against all the pokemon as well also GaW in my opinion
however in both of those there is one pokemon that will do decent
Squirtle has the potential to really wreck Falco, and if you're careful as Charizard, the matchup's only slightly in his favor there. I'm not sure what to think about Ivysaur yet; I need to brush up my game there.

I'm convinced Ivysaur goes at least even with G&W (if not beating him outright), and the other two do alright, simply because almost all of G&W's moves are easy to see coming. Just be smart, and almost any character will do fine.

In a slightly-related point, people overrate G&W. They just need to step back and think.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Does Sonic have some godly grab release I don't know about, or are you talking about some other game? Because there's NO WAY that Sonic has an even matchup vs. MK. 65:35 or so.
lol I don't know about reasons for this being an even matchup, but Sonic can spring out of alot of situations that MK usually ***** most characters from. That's part of the reason why it's not as bad as say, 70:30.

------------------------
Sonic does not do well against d-tilt. 99:1
fixed for ya
yes.

------------------------
I think falco does well against all the pokemon...
Squirtle has the potential to really wreck Falco ...
Or you could have done this, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phb3GGMi7os

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I wish people posted only if they actually knew the match up rather then saying 'No wayz, its Sawnik init? I don no the matchup but it must b lik 70:30 MK!!1!'

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Unlike just about every character below the half way mark on the tier list... Sonic has amazing recovery options. He can spring (which has invincy frames) out of many would be combos (meta knight's shuttle loop finish anyone?) and his amazing vertical recovery allows any average Sonic player to avoid any sort of spikes/gimps. His ground speed punishes meta knights who carelessly throw out dsmashes and if the Sonic player is good enough at Spacing Bairs he can keep MK away.

Napo... I would not say 50/50. Sonic's mistakes are much more costly than MK's. It can't be denied that no matter what skill the MK has, the Sonic you will be working very hard. I would argue though that Sonic has a better matchup than at least half of the cast against MK. That's something I'm more interested in looking at.

Tenki

Smash Hero
thanks napi for trolling the tier list discussion, lol.

We should go back to the HIGHLY INTERESTING AND USEFUL "hey guys i made a tier l1st lolzz" topic.

>__>

Can MK punish Sonic's dthrow?
Not with D-smash, and not with D-tilt.
and that's all that matters.

:093:

goodkid

Smash Lord
Zelda/Sheik should move up w/ time. ZSS will move up, she should be C rank. She is consistantly improving & has the tournament results to back her up.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Shiek has the most epic combo.its hard to do
F-tilt..?

lol just kidding.

Sheik's gameplay has changed a bit since I last saw it :/

I played against a Sheik main over wifi today and the recovery/edgeguarding moves are alot more colorful now.

=)

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Gahahaha it worked =]

anyways, 60 40 is more likely, but if anyone is interested in the more detailed reasons for the Sonic having a decent matchup against MK, lemme know. Its quite simple really, but I have long winded explanations which the Sonic boards have seen time and time again. At least im not alone in that as I was in the past ^_^

FYI, MK gets outprioritized by Sonic quite a bit if the blue guy knows what he's doing.

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
Didn't the subject change already?

Let's make it something fun.

Yoshi and Link going up? I think yes?

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Link might move up a spot, but I'm not sure.

Yoshi should definitely move up.

hey guyz i made a new tire |1st lolzz

GOD:

Meta Knight

TOP:

Snake
Falco
Mr. Game & Watch
King Dedede
Marth
Wario
Diddy Kong

HIGH:

R.O.B
Lucario
Olimar
Pikachu
Kirby
Ice Climbers
Zero Suit Samus
Donkey Kong
Toon Link
Peach

MIDDLE:

Pit
Wolf
Luigi
Zelda
Bowser
Sheik
Fox
Sonic
Yoshi
Ness

LOW:

Ike
Mario
Pokemon Trainer
Lucas
Samus
Link
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
I've forgottoen to ask this question before and I apologize if this is in the wrong forum or topic.

So is there like a set time schedule when the new tier lists come out? Or are they just made on a whim when enough adequate information/stats has been obtained?

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
I'm not sure, but I heard that another tier list is coming out on June 5th. If that's true, there's a scheduele.

M.K

Level 55
I've forgottoen to ask this question before and I apologize if this is in the wrong forum or topic.

So is there like a set time schedule when the new tier lists come out? Or are they just made on a whim when enough adequate information/stats has been obtained?
June 5th and January 5th have been the days "scheduled" for new tier lists.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Okay. Thanks for confirming that, Meta.

On a side note, am I the only person who thinks that Wario and Diddy should switch?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Link might move up a spot, but I'm not sure.

Yoshi should definitely move up.

hey guyz i made a new tire |1st lolzz

GOD:

Meta Knight

TOP:

Snake
Falco
Mr. Game & Watch
King Dedede
Marth
Wario
Diddy Kong

HIGH:

R.O.B
Lucario
Olimar
Pikachu
Kirby
Ice Climbers
Zero Suit Samus
Donkey Kong
Toon Link
Peach

MIDDLE:

Pit
Wolf
Luigi
Zelda
Bowser
Sheik
Fox
Sonic
Yoshi
Ness

LOW:

Ike
Mario
Pokemon Trainer
Lucas
Samus
Link
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
this is probably the most accurate middle/low tier ive seen

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
^Except Ike is too low. By 3 characters in that list.

And I would think Lucas needs to go down another spot possibly....I would also argue that C.Falcon > Jigglypuff, but besides that it's a good mid/low tier.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
F-tilt..?

lol just kidding.

Sheik's gameplay has changed a bit since I last saw it :/

I played against a Sheik main over wifi today and the recovery/edgeguarding moves are alot more colorful now.

=)
I think you might know the combo already. Its a footstool combo, I need to make vids.

Reasons on why Ike is low?

Pt needs some love.

Squirtle owns Falco:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phb3GGMi7os

M.K

Level 55
PT is NOT a bad character. I hate how people are just like "Lul Ivysaur dies instantly every match oops ledgehog". This. Is. Not. The. Case.
Ivysaur has ways around this, and on-stage, he is a solid character.
Squirtle is an exceptional character, with great aerials, good locks, fast attacks, and a guaranteed throw kill.
Charizard has the best grab range in the game, hard-hitting attacks, a hard-to-punish recovery, multiple kill moves, and a great grab game.

Low-Mid Tier AT LEAST. I'd say Mid Mid Tier.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
PT is NOT a bad character. I hate how people are just like "Lul Ivysaur dies instantly every match oops ledgehog". This. Is. Not. The. Case.
Ivysaur has ways around this, and on-stage, he is a solid character.
Squirtle is an exceptional character, with great aerials, good locks, fast attacks, and a guaranteed throw kill.
Charizard has the best grab range in the game, hard-hitting attacks, a hard-to-punish recovery, multiple kill moves, and a great grab game.

Low-Mid Tier AT LEAST. I'd say Mid Mid Tier.
Forced switch out and fatique make pokemon trainer bad, along with mediocre matchups

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Forced switch out and fatique make pokemon trainer bad, along with mediocre matchups
Not to mention that the best character out of PT, Squirtle, has the second worst air release next to Wario. Several characters CG him from a grab to either a spike or a powerful aerial offstage that almost always leads to his death. Poor guy.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Not to mention that the best character out of PT, Squirtle, has the second worst air release next to Wario. Several characters CG him from a grab to either a spike or a powerful aerial offstage that almost always leads to his death. Poor guy.
He's also very light, so he'll die fairly early.
Reflex did a great job representing PT, but I'd really like to see some more Wario out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom