• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Play Ally's Snake, and you'll know why.
Play Ally's Capt Falcon.

[Please ignore that post, i don't want this discussion to become a discussion on tier list principles. What i mean is that a players skill doesn't prove that much for tier list]

RyanPF

Smash Journeyman
Tournament rankings affect the tier list, which affects who players pick, which affects tournament rankings, which affects the tier list, which affects...

OneWing_Angel

Smash Apprentice
I still think Snake is along with A Tier and MK should be the only one with S Tier. >_>

Deoxys

Smash Lord
I literally agree with the tier list in every way, except that Kirby and IC should both be moved up 1. Kirby should maybe be moved up more. I can't decide if Lucario or Olimar is better, though, lol.

I still think Snake is along with A Tier and MK should be the only one with S Tier. >_>
Well you don't realize how much better Snake is than the rest of the cast.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I swear it's almost like Tier Lists exist to be torn apart by the entire community rather than provide any insight.
Although there are some suspect placings in the list...

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
The SBR doesn't account for Online Brawl Rankings. Which is another reason why this list isn't accurate.

It's so simple, look up the highest ranked players on the ladder, figure out which character they use, and you'll get more accuarte rankings for the tier list. Other fighting games take online rankings into account for their tier list, so why not Brawl?
It's those stupid lag excuses and not looking at the full spectrum of results from both online and offline, that makes this list inaccuratte. I'd say 70% of the list is correct, the other 30% is a failure. Not taking into account Online Rankings is the SBR's biggest mistake ever.

Aeropup

Smash Apprentice
I'm suprised that falco moved up to 3rd. Good to see G&W hasn't dropped.

Diddy's placement is perfect.

Pikachu and IC's seem a little high. I would have thought them below TL.

Zero suit samus needs to move above pikachu. She definately has the potential, she just needs the tournament wins.

I'm still baffled as to why jiggs is so low. Anyone?

Adapt

Smash Lord
This is a comparison against version 1.0

1. Meta Knight 0
2. Snake 0
3. Falco +2
4. King Dedede -1
5. Mr. Game & Watch -1
6. Marth +1
7. Diddy Kong +4
8. Wario 0
9. R.O.B. -3
10. Lucario -1
11. Olimar +7
12. Pikachu 0
13. Kirby +1
14. Donkey Kong -4
15. Ice Climbers -2
16. Zero Suit Samus +5
17. Toon Link 0
18. Pit -3
19. Peach +5
20. Wolf -4
21. Luigi +2
22. Zelda -2
23. Bowser -1
24. Fox -6
25. Sheik +1
26. Ike -1
27. Mario +2
28. Lucas -1
29. Ness -1
30. Samus +1
31. Sonic +2
32. Pokémon Trainer -2
33. Yoshi -1
34. Link +2
35. Jigglypuff -1
36. Ganondorf -1
37. Captain Falcon 0

Biggest jumps are Olimar, ZSS, and Peach
Biggest drops are Fox, Wolf, and Donkey Kong

No real big surprises here... I thought Peach might jump higher though, along with the fact that Zelda and Sheik should be reversed imo

JOE!

Smash Hero

Can I just say FAIL and let it be?
how so?

all Im saying is that based on taking tourney results into account, if enough people won tourneys with Cpt Falcon, he could be mid (or C tier...or what have you), regardless of all the other data on him

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
The SBR doesn't account for Online Brawl Rankings. Which is another reason why this list isn't accurate.

It's so simple, look up the highest ranked players on the ladder, figure out which character they use, and you'll get more accuarte rankings for the tier list. Other fighting games take online rankings into account for their tier list, so why not Brawl?
It's those stupid lag excuses and not looking at the full spectrum of results from both online and offline. That's the SBR's biggest mistake ever.
Online Brawl is a joke. It will never be taken seriously enough to affect the tier list.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Play Ally's Capt Falcon.

[Please ignore that post, i don't want this discussion to become a discussion on tier list principles. What i mean is that a players skill doesn't prove that much for tier list]
I dont believe C. Falcon is the worst character in the game. I believe he should be where Link is on the list. Ganon seems to be the worst character in the game. Thats another placing I dont agree on, C. Falcon being the worst, when I definitly know he is not. I say this after playing more than one crazy C. Falcon player online.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
MK is not a perfect character. No matter how broken he seems, he still has flaws.
So, he's still significantly superior to the rest of the cast in his competitive potential.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado

It's those stupid lag excuses and not looking at the full spectrum of results from both online and offline, that makes this list inaccuratte. I'd say 70% of the list is correct, the other 30% is a failure. Not taking into account Online Rankings is the SBR's biggest mistake ever.
I'm going to have to disagree with you here to a certain extent. You must realise that by doing this, I'm shooting myself in the foot with a grenade launcher
As someone who's main form of Brawling is Online, there are things you can get away with online. Wolf is a prime example. Just look at AiB ranking

Considering those tourneys with truly excellent connections for everyone is an idea...but I wouldn't have thought it'd be taken into consideration

Regarding this list, I'm very happy at both Peach and Sonic moving up. In an ideal world I would like Peach and Sonic to be higher but realistically, they both seem to deserve where they are

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
Wow, quite surprising to see that olimar went up so much, and Rob, Lucario and Wolf dropped( wolf a LOT ) And Marth Moved up one rank!! Yes!
But about Mk and Snake i really think they could have been in one tier, i mean SS tier is just like he is god or something.
And our captain is still last, Sigh.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
how so?

all Im saying is that based on taking tourney results into account, if enough people won tourneys with Cpt Falcon, he could be mid (or C tier...or what have you), regardless of all the other data on him
I like to have fun in this type of thread, so don't take anything I said offensively. :D (not that you seemed to but just FYI)

Anywhoo, the fail was based from the statement, "tourney results shouldnt be considered, it make stiers based off who played the char rather than the char itself."

Regardless of who plays a char, the char has limitations that inevitably show through in the results of tournies.

I could elaborate more but class just ended, feel free to PM me if you want more of my opinion on this, I'll get back to you when I'm out of school. xD

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I can't understand why Zelda/Sheik are not one character when counterpicking in battle is actually a lot more viable now. Sheik for damage - Zelda for the kill. It makes perfect sense to use them together and I'd only go straight one or the other in certain matchups when it's advantageous in that situation.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
You wouldn't know, you don't play wifi.
I've tried playin wifi and have realized that it is a joke. Besides some characters get large advantages and some get big disadvantages from the lag. For instance, I bet its super hard to play ice climbers online. Considering all the precise imputes you have to do. Their much worse online. SO does this accurately present their metagame. No.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
Chandy is happy with this tier list... Link and Peach moved up woopee.... If I had any criticisms it wud be that DK is still too high coz he's just mario with stronger attacks no projectiles and a suckish recovery... Also ICs IMO shud go up becoz their chaingrabs are impossible to stop once ur caught and Pokemon trainer shudn't have gone down becoz Charizard is just as good as if not better than Bowser... THe other 2 pokemon aren't as gd Ivysaur for his recovery and Squirtle for his weak attacks but still if mastered PT shud be closer to Bowser...

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Is someone seriously suggesting using online tournies for tier lists?

Fail.

Nice to see that Sonic's still being neglected by SBR, too.

I really don't know what more Sonic players can do :\

bigman40

Smash Master
Have you ever tried a wired connection?
Doesn't change anything. Nintendum needs to make "With Friends" their own server instead of having both Wifi options together in one server.

Is someone seriously suggesting using online tournies for tier lists?

Fail.

Nice to see that Sonic's still being neglected by SBR, too.

I really don't know what more Sonic players can do :\
Lol You shouldn't mind compared to what we have. We're gonna be bottom tier next time! :D

Zylar

Smash Ace
Tier Movements

I dunno what to say about this one. (Edit : Many tiers had serious changes.)
I hardly care except for pikachu's placement of course. :bee:

Here is the character's tier placement changes, for quick easier reference. Hopefully people will get the general idea.

Key : Name - (Placement Change ----- previous placement > current placement.)

SS Tier
Meta Knight -------- ( No change ----- 1 > 1)

S Tier
Snake --------------- ( No change ----- 2 > 2)

A Tier
Falco ---------------- ( +2 ----- 5 > 3)
King Dedede -------- ( -1 ----- 3 > 4)
Mr. Game & Watch - ( -1 ----- 4 > 5)
Marth --------------- ( +1 ----- 7 > 6)
Diddy Kong --------- ( +4 ----- 11 > 7)

B Tier
Wario --------------- ( No change ----- 8 > 8)
R.O.B. --------------- ( -3 ----- 6 > 9)
Lucario ------------- ( -1 ----- 9 > 10)
Olimar -------------- ( +7 -----18 > 11)

C Tier
Pikachu ------------ (No change ----- 12 > 12)
Kirby --------------- ( +1 ----- 14 > 13)
Donkey Kong ------ ( -4 ----- 10 > 14)
Ice Climbers ------- ( -2 ----- 13 > 15)

D Tier
Zero Suit Samus -- ( +5 -----21 > 16)
Toon Link --------- ( No change ----- 17 > 17)
Pit ----------------- ( -3 ----- 15 > 18)
Peach ------------- ( +5 ----- 24 > 19)
Wolf --------------- ( -4 ----- 16 > 20)

E Tier
Luigi -------------- ( +2 ----- 23 > 21)
Zelda -------------- ( -2 ----- 20 > 22)
Bowser ------------ ( -1 ----- 22 > 23)
Fox ---------------- ( -5 ----- 19 > 24)
Sheik -------------- ( +1 -----26 > 25)
Ike ---------------- ( -1 ------25 > 26)

F Tier
Mario -------------- ( +2 ----- 29 > 27)
Lucas -------------- ( Ness and Lucas have equal points, -1 / -2 ----- 28 / 29)
Ness --------------- ( Ness and Lucas have equal points, -1 / -2----- 28 / 29)
Samus ------------- ( +1 ----- 31 > 30)
Sonic -------------- ( +2 ----- 33 > 31)
Pokémon Trainer - ( -2 ----- 30 > 32)
Yoshi --------------- ( -1 ----- 32 > 33)

G Tier
Link ---------------- ( +2 ----- 36 > 34)
Jigglypuff --------- ( -1 ----- 34 > 35)
Ganondorf -------- ( -1 ----- 35 > 36)
Captain Falcon --- ( No change ----- 36 > 36)

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Yeah, I saw that one dude, but that just shows numbers and doesn't explain the inconsistancies of the gaps. Plus, from the way he explained it, all he's telling us is that they just arbitrarily put Snake and Metaknight in their own tiers because they wanted to which really bothers me.

How can we be expected to take this seriously when they don't have a sound explanation of their decision?

Blad01

Smash Lord
I dont believe C. Falcon is the worst character in the game. I believe he should be where Link is on the list. Ganon seems to be the worst character in the game. Thats another placing I dont agree on, C. Falcon being the worst, when I definitly know he is not. I say this after playing more than one crazy C. Falcon player online.
lol... Worst character in the game doesn't mean "Horrible character that can't win one single ******* match". He just the worst character in the game, because every other character is better? Simple.

(And about Ganondorf... Well i don't want to talk too much, but i wonder if you really know anything about him appart from "He's slow")

How can we be expected to take this seriously when they don't have a sound explanation of their decision?
Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom