• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
He got a perfect score, he easily deserves Meta Knight Tier.
No he doesn't. Snake has more potential than MK. MK is already played at full potential. The only Snake players who does play Snake at his full potential is Ally and the Japanese Snake players. The SBR ignores this, and focuses their main focus on big tournaments like in MD/VA.

Metaknight and Snake should be in the same tier. That's the biggest mistake on this tier list.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412

This chart shows the score each character got when the votes were averaged. The divisions were placed so that:

1. Gaps between tiers were large, and
2. The spread within tiers was not large.

The particular number of tiers isn't special--that's just how the votes ended up. The majority of us believed that using a smaller number of tiers would be misleading, given the results. They aren't called Top, High, etc. because we would have run out of words!
Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Staco

Smash Champion
It seems that there are a lot of scrubs in the backroom. Some things are right changed, but there are a lot of fail things.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i'm disappointed

you guys weren't man enough to put trainer in poo tier

for shame SBRB

for shame

Blad01

Smash Lord
Nice to have a new tier list... But i disagree with many points...

• MetaKnight having a 15/15. He has one weakness : His light weight. Plus, projectiles can be annoying for him on flat stages (FD). A score like 14.50 would have been more accurate.
  • Peach and Wolf being that low. They deserve an higher spot, but i guess tournaments results are an issue here. Their score aren't bad at all though. [EDIT : Well finally their spots are pretty good]
  • Zelda.... oO
  • Ganondorf having 1.88. Lol i know he's one of the worst characters, but the gap is not THAT important XD A score like 3 would have been more accurate since he has a solid defense ang good combos. The rest is awful though (Match-ups, tournament results). On the other hand, he has a good number of 40:60 match-ups, so that's not that horrible.
  • I'm under the impression that some characters in F and G tiers are not very well-know by the SBR... Samus, and Pokemon Trainer to some extent, deserve higher spot. Here again, tournaments results are a bit of a problem.

I agree with :
  • The general order for SS, S, A, B, C, D Tiers.
  • The idea of seperating the tier list in so many tiers. I do wonder if B + C (High), D + E (Middle), could have been put together.
  • Also, you should maybe rename the tiers, for a better read : SS, S are good, then A = Top, B = High 1 / Very High, C = High 2 / High, D = Middle 1, E = Middle 2 (or D + E = Middle), F = Low, G = Bottom.

A little question : The tiers for low tiers tournaments are F and G, right ?

But i certainly like this new tier list as a whole :)

RyanPF

Smash Journeyman
LOL @ Yoshi moving down a place. I don't like the splitting up of tiers either. The SBR (or any mortal for that matter) is not accurate enough to divide them into that many groups.

Fletch

Smash Master
No he doesn't. Snake has more potential than MK. MK is already played at full potential. The only Snake players who does play Snake at his full potential is Ally and the Japanese Snake players. The SBR ignores this, and focuses their main focus on big tournaments like in MD/VA.

Metaknight and Snake should be in the same tier. That's the biggest mistake on this tier list.
What proof do you have for this?

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
edited cuz the graph mindgamed me

although i am curious as to why ness/lucas are above sonic/pokemon trainer. the mother boys have consistently placed below those two in tournament play. sonic has quite a few consistent placers, pokemon trainer has typh and adriel both placing consistently in california, mother boys have...who?

urdailywater

Smash Hero
It doesn't look like Toon Link went up much.
I don't like this tier list that much, but can't complain either. Doesn't look much different.

Oh well, Jigglypuff didn't go up :(

Why does MK have his own tier?

Babar-Thorbald

Smash Apprentice

The list was created by the SBR-B after much heated discussion. For the votes, we had members place the characters in groups from 1 to 15 (15 being the highest) and took the average score for each character. The split was decided by looking at the gaps. As the person supervising it, I’d like to thank all SBR-B members who contributed.

MK's rate doesn't means that he is perfect... They decided that the best character would be given a 15, and then, the other characters were rated compared to this character.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Nice to have a new tier list... But i disagree with many points...

• MetaKnight having a 15/15.

• MK has a 15 because every person who voted gave him a 15, meaning everyone agreed that he is the best character. For him to have a 14.5, half the SBR would have to have given him a 14.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad that there are more tiers (the 4-tier system was insane considering the number of characters and lack of balance) but I really don't agree with MK having his own tier. 5-7 tiers would be sensible, 9 feels like a joke.

The actual ordering of the characters seems sensible, though.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
Let me start out by saying that I am pleased that the efforts of Sonic Boards have been noticed. Much appreciated. That said ...

The list was created by the SBR-B after much heated discussion. For the votes, we had members place the characters in groups from 1 to 15 (15 being the highest) and took the average score for each character. The split was decided by looking at the gaps. As the person supervising it, I’d like to thank all SBR-B members who contributed.
Am I wrong to say this basically says the tier list is a popularity contest? Tell me I am, please. Also tell me the categories that were considered. Also, how were biased votes handled?

jehonaker

Smash Cadet
Definitely an interesting list, and several things I disagree with just looking at tournament results.

At any rate, the response from this by everyone else will be fun to note.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
[*] MetaKnight having a 15/15. He has one weakness : His light weight. Plus, projectiles can be annoying for him on flat stages (FD). A score like 14.50 would have been more accurate.
I disagree. Tier lists are supposed to represent who is the the most competitive, as originally said, in the current metagame. It is pretty much agreed the currently metaknight is the best, so on a scale, he would need to have the perfect score. It doesn't mean that he is flawless, it means that he is the highest standard the game has to offer.

bigman40

Smash Master
lololol. Yoshi is going down xD Why don't you guys stop playing and put him in bottom tier already? You guys already know that you want to but hold off cause of Yoshi mains yelling left and right if that were to happen. I wanna see what the matchups are for these other characters too. If they are better than Yoshi's matchups, then I see a reason why, but if not, then that's some random bull**** to have them higher.

And by the way, it really does seem a little like a popularity contest. Placing them via voting seems dumb to me.

noobpota2

Smash Apprentice
woah, a seperate tier for both snake and metaknight?

and my two mains are bottom lol :p

edit: just looking at the list, if my calcs are right, wario is .03 off of being in A tier

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Am I wrong to say this basically says the tier list is a popularity contest? Tell me I am, please. Also tell me the categories that were considered. Also, how were biased votes handled?
If it was a popularity contest, Sonic would have a perfect 1, and Falcon would have a 16.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm glad that there are more tiers (the 4-tier system was insane considering the number of characters and lack of balance) but I really don't agree with MK having his own tier. 5-7 tiers would be sensible, 9 feels like a joke.

The actual ordering of the characters seems sensible, though.
I agree. I don't quite understand why Snake has his own tier...?

Anyways, the ordering seems fine to me. I was expecting Pika a bit lower, so it makes me happy to see that he's the top of his little sub-tier. :p

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
A popularity contest* that takes tournament placings very seriously. The only purely objective way to make a tier list would be to go strictly by tournament placings, but we don't believe in that.

I don't think there were any grossly deviant biased votes to worry about.

*Well, not exactly. But you didn't mean that literally any more than I did.

JOE!

Smash Hero
lemme guess, tourney results and popular vote influence dthis alot?

I still believe tourney results shouldnt be considered, it make stiers based off who played the char rather than the char itself

Blad01

Smash Lord
I disagree. Tier lists are supposed to represent who is the the most competitive, as originally said, in the current metagame. It is pretty much agreed the currently metaknight is the best, so on a scale, he would need to have the perfect score. It doesn't mean that he is flawless, it means that he is the highest standard the game has to offer.
Yes, i didn't understand that at first. I would have prefered a notation compared to perfection though, but SBR is maybe not accurate enough for that.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
While we don't believe in going strictly by tournament placings, it would be pretty silly to ignore them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom