• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official R.O.B. PR/Tournament Results Archive

T0MMY

Smash Master
The entire Brawl scene died here in the PNW.
So no pwnage tales from me.
I beat Jem the last regional though... lost to Felix right after that though who went on to take 2nd place. So still #3 in my region (sigh).
But, yeah, there's like 7 entrants to tournaments now and I'm not going to Apex, so it seems like I've dropped off the face of the planet.

8Bitman

Smash Master
im going on vacation to florida in feb
I will make sure to go to the monthly you go to. =)

I just hope it is one of the last Saturdays of February, if it isn't I probably won't be able to go.

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
TEEVEEEEE.
When you come in February, try and come somewhere in the middle of the month.
That way you can attend one of Next Level Lan's tourneys (hopefully they throw one).
See you... here*

TeeVee

Smash Lord
im gonna be there feb 4th - 11th so if theres a tourny near orlando on the 10th ill try to make it

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
17th out of 40 at Don't Blink ~After Story~ 4

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317073

Not my best showing, I have a bit of a head cold, and it was getting to me. /johns

I managed to make it out of pools with 4th seed, and went 0-2 in bracket.

In pools:
Beat Gio (not MI Gio) 2-0, I 2-stocked his :marth: game 1, and 3-stocked his :falco: game 2.

Lost to JJRocket's :diddy: 0-2. Both close games, but bananas overwhelmed me, and JJ is a very good player. He ended up getting 3rd in the tournament after getting sent to losers first round of bracket.

Lost to RRR's :kirby2: 0-2. I suicided once each game because I was playing dumb and wasted too much fuel attempting to do fancy wavebounce stuff. I learned my lesson for next time.

Beat Foodies' :marth: 2-1. I won game 1, she won game 2, both were very close. Then I just counterpicked RC and I ended up 2-stocking her. The set will probably be on Youtube eventually, she saved the replays on her Wii.

Beat CFH's :luigi2: 2-0. Game 1 I beat him with ROB, but I wasn't punishing his obvious rolls as well as I felt I could, so I went Peach game 2 and baired him every time he rolled or landed, and I think I ended up 3-stocking him, but I don't remember anymore.

Lost to Legan 1-2. Game 1 I beat his :falco:, game 2 he went :marth: and it was very close, I almost brought back an entire stock deficit, but he got me with a fresh tipper fair to end it. Game 3 I tried RC, and it was close, but he beat me. I'm gonna try to stick to more neutrals and Frigate/Halberd, I think.

In bracket:
Lost to Akashi's :snake: 0-2. Game 1 I was just playing so bad, not paying attention to where he was placing things, and just getting hit by everything. I think he 2-stocked me. I wasn't really feeling ROB anymore at that point, and ended up going :sheik: game 2, and brought it to last hit.

Lost to Hadesblade 1-2. Verrrrry close set. Game 1 was last hit iirc, his :yoshi2:, my :rob:. Game 2 I 2-stocked him on Frigate with 2 very clutch spikes. Game 3, he went to Pokemon Stadium 1. I knew he was gonna CP :dedede:, but I'm not comfortable enough with any other character to risk having him stay Yoshi instead, so I stuck with ROB. It was last hit, but the only attack I could land on him was nair, and it was so stale, I think he got up to 160%, and nair would send him nowhere. I just couldn't land the killing blow, and I lost because of it.

Overall, I know I can do a lot better than this, I'm just happy I made bracket for now. I might take a short ROB break again, those seem to do wonders for my terrible habits I can never seem to get over with him.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I got 3rd at a mini 8 person tourney 2 days ago. Beat Allied and Inui (his peach). Lost to Salem twice. Dude is good lol. They were great sets, they will be on YouTube soon.

8Bitman

Smash Master
NickRiddle is better. :awesome:

If I get an infraction for this I am punching a kitten.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yea Inui mains Peach/Wario in MK banned. MK was allowed, but he's prepped for the MK banned metagame.

Salem is probably top 2 ZSS. Crazy good, the sets between us were great. He knows the infinite though @_@ Well sort of, he does a different style of it that's a lot faster, flashier, but seems to be harder to do.

All the videos from the tourney are now on YouTube

8Bitman

Smash Master
I shall watch later. Care to link us to Salem V You? I might watch some APEX matches later today........ Maybe. :3

Drake12

Smash Ace
I don't know if this would count as being very meaningful to you guys, but I just came second place in BC's monthly. Beating some potent players, the most notable being firefly (NA 4th best yoshi). There are plenty of videos behind it :3

Btw, show me some Salem chibo action!

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Just thought I'd mention Bees got 2nd in Colorado's most recent tourney going all R.O.B..
19 entrants, I can check to see who he lost to besides Fishbait (#1 in our region, went Falco in GF IIRC) because I think he came from the loser's bracket.
<3 Bees

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I've been saying that Bees was good for awhile. I like watching his vids.

I lost to boss this weekend, I won on my starter but made a terrible mistake on my CP. I faceplam.

8Bitman

Smash Master
I would've placed last at that tourney with all of those Falco's, holy ****!

I really want to play Vinnie.... Like really bad.....

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I got Keitaro to game 3, but lost vs his Falco (video will be up once youtube's uploader isn't broken)

I've yet to play Vinnie in an MK banned tournament. Every single time I've played him and lost (in the last 2 years or so) in MK legal he's beaten me at least one game with MK. I'm convinced he requires him to defeat me. I'm hoping VINNIE gets this namesearch bait for this massive callout. Your reign as best ICs/GaW/Anything is over when you get smashed by this ROB without your bat to protect you!

Top Bottom