• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official R.O.B. PR/Tournament Results Archive

T0MMY

Smash Master
I would've placed last at that tourney with all of those Falco's, holy ****!
^ Me too, hate that MU.

Congrats to everyone doing well recently.

I have nothing much to report on, except winning state tourneys, which is nothing new these past 4 years. Won't hear much from me until summer when I travel... and this year I'm wondering if I will be able to considering the Transportation Security Administration is getting into Amtrak and Greyhound. So I don't fly and probably won't train/bus soon.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Two things:

1.) T0MMY where is your Signature from? I love that quote. O-o

2.) Stingers LOL!

T0MMY

Smash Master
TSA was originally intended to patrol everywhere. They just introduced it to airports first because that was the most likely way to get citizens to accept getting molested and strip searched.

They've gone on to test patrolling high schools and supermarkets, but first Amtrak is their major focus, it's so bad... probably won't be seeing me in national events anymore :^(

8bitman: Quotes from Sun Tzu's "Art of War".

8Bitman

Smash Master
Sorry to hear that T0MMY. Well either way, keep playing, keep progressing, keep evolving. Finally when you get the chance to play in a National again, you'll be able to prove yourself.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I'll be at big Cali events like Genesis. I'm not too likely to play in SoCal because it's way too much trouble for what it's worth, I'll meet up with the SoCal players halfway in NorCal.

I don't care much about proving myself, because for years I spent thousands of dollars traveling very long distances on a bus (I live in Oregon!!) across the country and despite taking the highest spots for R.O.B. I'd pretty much get ignored. So the motivation is hard to come by to prove anything... I can only do so much... *dies* ([XX]

T0MMY

Smash Master
I definitely put in more work getting my name out there than I should have.
On top of paying for my travel costs ($300) I'd pay for t1mmy's as well (price x2). It's really bad when I schedule meeting up with NorCal players down to SoCal and then they bail on me last minute so I have to pay extra to get a ticket all the way to SoCal in addition to a ticket to NorCal... egh, the horror stories I have of nearly sleeping on the streets of cities or being stuck on a bus with nothing but wilting lettuce to eat for a week.

Should have just not gone anywhere and posted all over smashboards about how awesome I am - seemed to have worked for a few R.O.B.s in the past (not going to name names, but maybe some of you remember the '08 days, lol).

T0MMY

Smash Master
The exact details of our adventures around the country is better suited for a book, like my memoirs or something.
VG Venture: Tales of a Traveling Pro Gamer

Bees!

Smash Ace
Just got back from a tourney in Denver with Kansas in attendance. Me and Fishbait took 1st in teams. I went all ROB and a little Kirby in singles and took 3rd. I lost to MJG and Fishbait(again.) I am giving up on ROB. I cannot beat Fishbait or any national level player that is using a high tier character. It is not possible to do consistently. I was playing Fishbait in Losers Finals today and I was about to 3 stock him game 1. He just started abusing jab cancel pressure and phantasm(smartly) and made the comeback. Every game after that was free for him. Falco is near unwinnable when the Falco is at equal skill level. 7/10 - 8/10 Grabs put ROB in losing situations every time.
and I am yet to take a game from Fishbait's Falco. :/

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Yo Bee's ROB was just as hard as OCEAN in the IC MU lol

This kid is the truth

Bees!

Smash Ace
I guess I wanted it too bad. I have never beaten his Falco in tourney. I even beat his MK in tourney back when MK was legal in CO. But I never even come close to beating his Falco. Feels hopeless...

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I hate playing gay as much as the next robophobe, but if I'm fighting a Falco, and I'm in a solid lead, I'm going to do exactly what he does to me and play "Come get me." Go to that ledge. Any option he has to get you off of it puts him at risk.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I won the last state tourney here, nothing new to report.
I didn't go all R.O.B., sorry, but that'd be too much pain for everyone else - I've been reluctant to go all R.O.B. locally since 2010. One local player recently said that I played the "cheapest character in the game".

One person went so far as to say they were boycotting events because he didn't win enough money.

Anyhow, there were some good players there and we all had a lot of fun. Since I hardly chime in here 'cuz AiB is 2 kool I thought I'd come by and say hi and let everyone know what I've been up to.
I need to attend a couple nationals and put R.O.B. back in the top spots again ([^^]

PS: Yes, Falco is a stupid matchup.

8Bitman

Smash Master
So I found out, timing out Falco's is the easiest way to beat them. Just remember to be conscious your ledge grabs.

Masho

Smash Cadet
lol that was back in the day. I didn't pick up r.o.b. till about last yearish. My mains have been sticking around d3 and r.o.b. these days. R.o.b is more up my alley I've noticed. I'm on point and on the rise! Be jelly.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
IL no has brawl tournies any mo?
How many actives you got now?

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
We haven't had one since August. We still have plenty of actives, just no one has hosted tournaments since Oro, Arty and I stopped.

I've pretty much converted over to Melee/P:M, since the Brawl scene doesn't have as many tournaments, and Melee has one or two every month.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
We haven't had one since August. We still have plenty of actives, just no one has hosted tournaments since Oro, Arty and I stopped.

I've pretty much converted over to Melee/P:M, since the Brawl scene doesn't have as many tournaments, and Melee has one or two every month.
Fair enough.
Brawl is boomin more than melee in these parts. But yeah, play what you enjoy. I plan on making a new ROBotic meta soon. I's excited.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
Melee is definitely bigger around here, and PM is picking up steam as well.

Develop that new ROBbro meta, I might go back to him if I like it enough :3

:phone:

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I haven't had much time at all to look into anything. Just some situational stuff here and there. When I can finally find a break, I'll go beast mode in training mode.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i found out something cool the other day.
if you up b onto a platform and land right near the edge with momentum, you can just casually slide off right after (sort of like a waveland, your momentum is throwing you over the ledge).

this can be used in all sorts of tricky ways (wb gyro, bair, another up b to make things crazy)

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
You should demonstrate this in a vid or something bc I can't seem to do it :p

T0MMY

Smash Master
How was the list on the first post compiled? It makes no sense because I haven't played in a national since Genesis 2, so I shouldn't even be on there. If I am on there then results of nationals would have me at #1 (no R.O.B. ever outplaced me in nationals so not sure why Chibo would be ranked over me).
So basically I should not be on the list at all.

Top Bottom