• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Project Melee Version 4 Download - Update 7/31/12

crush

Smash Master
Pink fox pink falco pink link CSS portraits that match, more lady gaga, nighttime hyrule, the codes that make no shy guys, no wind, no FoD moving platforms, no brinstar lava, no smashville apples/wind, miluns great bay 2.0, neon nighttime yoshis with nyan cats and trollface (not the stupid red yoshis that almost made me lose a 50 cent money match)

:phone:

MaxThunder

PM Support
ok... so i can't get this to work cause the cmios installer crashes my wii for some reason... and i have no way to try the internet connection install thing... what should i do now?...

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
The thing I want most out of this hack is some polish. It seems like a majority of the CSS portraits don't actually match the textures in-game, and same with the pictures on the stage select.

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
version 3 is looking pretty sweet. I'm enjoying it a lot.

I take issue with some of the stage textures. The Angel Island/Hyrule texture is incredibly too busy, and there seems to be very little graphical difference between what's a platform and what's the background.

The YS texture looks kind of cool, but most of the time it just hurts my eyes and makes me feel like I'm playing a virtual boy. I have a similar aversion toward the FD texture when the background becomes RED RED RED RED...then it changes, and I'm okay.

These 3 stage textures are the only complaint I have. Everything else is brilliant.

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
So here was me thinking this was the brawl -> melee overhaul, not just a bunch of texture hacks

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i figured that now. The almost identical name and spurious 'official' tag for a set of fairly standard texture hacks is pretty misleading though

abcdinaz21

Smash Rookie
If possible could anyone reupload the v3 iso? Megaupload has been taken down and I don't know where I can download this. Or if someone could pm me something that would help a lot. Can't wait to try this out!

noobird

Smash Journeyman
If you get a dropbox (free 2 gigs space which is enough for the iso i believe), then you can share it with a download link.

DwightDL

Smash Cadet
I just went through the entire Wii modding process and USB loader configuration only to figure out that you can't launch gcn games through USB :(

Now only to get a blank dvdr....

My friend brought up an interesting idea though. Would it be possible to change the default game settings? For example, whenever you boot up and go to character select, it's already set to 4-stock, 8 minutes. Not a huge deal, but it would be nice.

DwightDL

Smash Cadet
Thanks! I'm stoked to have all this stuff implemented. Melee is about to be so much more optimized.

DwightDL

Smash Cadet
I was finally able to get a blank DVD from my friend and he gave me a DVD-R. Will this suffice? I noticed that the guide recommended DVD-RW or DVD-RWS. Is there a significant difference?

Steelia

Smash Champion
DVD-R should work just fine. It's all I've used and they have always worked for me.
This.
All I ever used were CD-Rs. Actually, I've heard CD-RWs aren't as recommended, since they run at slower speeds or something... I don't know all the technicalities, but still. CD-Rs are good. Just find a good brand, and stick with it. :reverse:

pkmaximum

Smash Cadet
If someone has another link for the latest ISO that would be appreciated, since megaupload is no longer in operation.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Hello, could you please put alternative download for Project Melee since megaupload is dead? Please, thank you.

E: Found the torrent, unfortunately it's also dead...

brayden7

Smash Cadet
Alternate download is posted on youtube. Be sure to get it quick in case the download goes down again!

If anyone wants to find a way to securely upload the ISO pm me.
Is it the same ISO as last time?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Open the ISO in GC Tool and replace the DK kirby Hat with one from an original ISO. I feel like I ran into this problem before also and thats how I fixed it. To check if its DK Kirby hat causing the problem, play a versus match you (kirby) vs. DK, suck him up, spit him out and get his powers, see if it freezes.

Diversity

Smash Rookie
Kirby in general freezes on version 3. Even on version 3 before the upload host was changed this happened. I noticed that Kirby is fine on version 1 and 2 though, so its something that was added in version 3 that makes him freeze. He is a top tier character after all. Everyone uses him, so he must be fixed.

Top Bottom