• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Raziel744

Smash Apprentice
I have about 3/4 of the achievements for heroics...the hard ones are the occulus ones and a couple of the azjol-nerub ones, the rest just require no downs or some exploit-ish strategies.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
you'll get a kick out of this.

so i had a dream:

me, rob, alan, and john were driving to this tourney (dunno where) but it was EXACTLY 2HRS away(because that was all I could talk about in the car.). So rob was driving and we saw this dude on the right side of the road with like fake blue bunny ears standing in a corridor as if it were raining hard(it was sunny outside). It was Silq. We stopped and picked him up. magically he became the driver and rob went into the back of the van to study for a computer science exam he had tomorrow.

it gets better

so we're driving and passing sheetz and wawa all day, then we just get on this blank road with nothing but corn fields on the sides of us. we decided to turn on the radio and the only thing playing were like songs and skits from the show crank gankers(the muppet lookin guys). After every song we'd all go "YAAAAYYYYYYY" for like 5 min(or @ least what felt like 5 min). While the last song before I woke started, rob suddenly had to go to the batthroom really badly and sliq like couldnt hear so he just jumped out the car, then the final thing i heard before i woke up was the crank ganker guy on the radio singing the lyrics........"I sleep at night with a bunch of dudes!" then I woke up confused as hell and trying to remember such a bizarre dream

TheLake

Smash Master
****it Alan made the cut

*grumbles*

I had a dream where i fell in love with a girl again
but this time it was lucid so i was like "God****it when i wake up she will be gone, better play this gal in smash while making out as soon as i can" so we did kirby dittos cause they take forever

At least i like kirby dittos now <3

Vyke

Smash Champion
I like the part where Sliq jumps out of the car in his bunny suit. Also, we took a van?

How creepy are we?

Sliq

Smash Master
you'll get a kick out of this.

so i had a dream:

me, rob, alan, and john were driving to this tourney (dunno where) but it was EXACTLY 2HRS away(because that was all I could talk about in the car.). So rob was driving and we saw this dude on the right side of the road with like fake blue bunny ears standing in a corridor as if it were raining hard(it was sunny outside). It was Silq. We stopped and picked him up. magically he became the driver and rob went into the back of the van to study for a computer science exam he had tomorrow.

it gets better

so we're driving and passing sheetz and wawa all day, then we just get on this blank road with nothing but corn fields on the sides of us. we decided to turn on the radio and the only thing playing were like songs and skits from the show crank gankers(the muppet lookin guys). After every song we'd all go "YAAAAYYYYYYY" for like 5 min(or @ least what felt like 5 min). While the last song before I woke started, rob suddenly had to go to the batthroom really badly and sliq like couldnt hear so he just jumped out the car, then the final thing i heard before i woke up was the crank ganker guy on the radio singing the lyrics........"I sleep at night with a bunch of dudes!" then I woke up confused as hell and trying to remember such a bizarre dream
I'm glad I could take part in such a magical adventure.

TheLake

Smash Master
What the cranial nerves?! That there tourney is a day after my birthday!

Thats wonderful!

I have my anatomy final tommorow ): No three kings and dora for this kid

D20

Smash Lord
Alan... I lol'd at that screen.

Also, I am currently on the 8th page of a 12-page term paper. I'm arguing that Satan is actually the hero of Milton's Paradise Lost. It is kind of like quest grinding to 80... except slightly less fun.

PS - I think I'll drive to that tournament.

Vyke

Smash Champion
B... but... Satan IS the Protagonist of Milton's Paradise Lost. Or at least he's presented in such a way that he is the victim more than the villain.

How many spots in that car of yours, Rob? Four?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
so topic:

what do you think the professional arena players are doin in prep for the new season?

-are they getting raid gear and planning to pvp with it
-are they doin whatever
-are they not even playing and just metagaming(thinking of the metagame)?
-are they gonna just use s4 and **** still?

I rly wanna know. Like have they gotten full t7 or anything yet?

M@v

Subarashii!
Just a reminder guys, I got a melee tourney going Dec.27th in Etna PA. Ill have singles,doubles, and low tiers.

D20

Smash Lord
Tim, John, Sheik, and Phil will have spots in my car... if I end up driving. I won't know for sure until after break. I'll let you guys know as soon as I can though.

D20

Smash Lord
Oh... I must of missed that. I guess it will be Tim, Naka, John, and Phil. Sheik got voted off the island.

TheLake

Smash Master
That isnt fair though, Shiek specificaly asked if he can ride with Rob.

As did john.

Naka you just asked for somone from pittsburgh to take you.

If we went by that logic then steve should get a spot cause he said he wanted to go to the tourney as well.

Ya'll need to work on your edicate

A-Laon

Smash Master
so topic:

what do you think the professional arena players are doin in prep for the new season?

-are they getting raid gear and planning to pvp with it
-are they doin whatever
-are they not even playing and just metagaming(thinking of the metagame)?
-are they gonna just use s4 and **** still?

I rly wanna know. Like have they gotten full t7 or anything yet?
Only the impossibly fortunate people that have had their guild lustfully endow them with every Hateful drop from Archavon are actually going to have any sort of gear advantage, and even that will disapate over time once (more realistically) everybody purchases the PvP gear as intended. It would appear that at this point gear is mostly a non-factor. All you should really be doing is trying to cap out honor and marks if you want to get the honor-bought pieces off the bat. Gear isn't a really big deal.

It is also difficult at this point to determine how PvP gameplay itself has changed. With the current lack of resilience and PvP gear, class balance is rather indescript as of now: match-ups have changed and techniques have thusly been left undiscovered. It is going to be a (re)learning experience once the gear hits the shelves and the arenas are officially open again. The only preperations you should be making are readying yourself to get gayed ****-less by rets and DKs a bunch of times and disciplining yourself to tolerate the hoo-haa until proper gameplay has been figured out again...

...assuming it still exists at all. SAKURAIIIIIIIIIII!!!

That isnt fair though, Shiek specificaly asked if he can ride with Rob.

As did john.

Naka you just asked for somone from pittsburgh to take you.

If we went by that logic then steve should get a spot cause he said he wanted to go to the tourney as well.

Ya'll need to work on your edicate
If it weren't for the ever-so-slightly banterous manner of the last statement, that would have been a post by Aaron containing 100% sincerity.

The meteors are on their way, gentlemen. It was nice knowing you all.

Top Bottom