• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Vyke

Smash Champion
Awesome. THE TABLES HAVE TURNED! But no, really, I feel for you.

Your copy is probably at Dac's still, since I only took one copy (Mine) and I put it in my GC. I left the other at Dac's because I figured it was his. So yeah I'm fairly sure it's there.

You can call/IM him and ask him to mail it. His IM is Shigeru Miyamoto. No joke.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
I won't be typing much longer given all my head-to-keyboard activity from trying to PvP nowadays without being a Rogue, Paladin, DK, Mage, or healer.
Forgive my bias... but Warlocks are still top for PVP in 1v1, and in groups if they aren't targeted first heh.

I'm only level 74, but I still take down level 79 DK's, ret pallies etc... My spell power is about 1395 right now, and like... I'm still in level 70 gear. I am going to be close to 1800 spell power once I'm 80 which is ********. My corruption (just 1 dot) can tick on someone for roughly 1824.

With berzerking buff in BG's it ticks for over 2100 :laugh:

Vyke

Smash Champion
I find fighting most warlocks much easier now compared to before the patch overhaul. But then again, they could just all be terrible warlocks.

( Sans Taki, of course. ;x )

A-Laon

Smash Master
That may not be the result of Warlocks getting worse, but prot warriors getting better.

...if it weren't for the fact that I find them easier now too...

...as a ****ing druid.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
That may not be the result of Warlocks getting worse, but prot warriors getting better.

...if it weren't for the fact that I find them easier now too...

...as a ****ing druid.
It is definately harder to play as a warlock, they are always making things harder for us in patches etc. Things costing more mana, draining less health etc. Not to mention buffing other classes.

It has been my experience most warlocks in BG's etc are geared terribly. I come across people who are like 3+ levels on me with approx. 400-500 less spell power than me. >__>

D20

Smash Lord
Rogues are absolute **** right now in BGs. In my PvE spec, I am burning down so many classes faster than ever before. I suppose this is due to the lack of resil... but I'm not complaining at the moment. PvE is another story. I have found that tanks are having a very difficult time mantaining aggro, and I am forced to DPS much slower. Practically every ranged DPS is more effective than me at the moment.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Rogues are absolute **** right now in BGs. In my PvE spec, I am burning down so many classes faster than ever before. I suppose this is due to the lack of resil... but I'm not complaining at the moment. PvE is another story. I have found that tanks are having a very difficult time mantaining aggro, and I am forced to DPS much slower. Practically every ranged DPS is more effective than me at the moment.
I too am placing any current BG imbalances on the shoulders of resilience. Rogues and hunters gain a ****load from this.

I have also been witnessing rogues pulling aggro. Silliness.

Vyke

Smash Champion
That's nothing new, Tim. Except that Blizzard can crit (Since patch 3.0.1.)

Lucky Mages with their AoE farming.

D20

Smash Lord
Alan... you remember that one boss fight in Pinnacle that I died on? I've been killed in that enounter every single time I've run it. I'm used to encounters where everybody dies but the rogue... now everyone lives but the rogue. I think it has to do with AoE attacks that go unhealed and that are followed by gaining aggro and taking one killing blow. I don't feel like I have enough time to pop envasion, vanish, feint, or tricks of the trade. The other melee DPS classes can take a hit or two. I guess it has to do with the healer and tank, too. My groups tend to do better without Pallies (healing or tanking).

A-Laon

Smash Master
I respecced Resto and PvP is still horrible.

Time to level my pally.

Side note: TB is impregnable.

Second side note: I couldn't keep a rogue alive during that encounter today, lol.

Btw, fourth ****ing day of UP heroic daily. wtf

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sxN1npZ-9k

Anybody who does not appreciate the full extent of what just happened simply does not deserve to play this game, eat, or breath.
my night= made.

holy ****

**** i kinda wanna get into a PVP guild when more ppl get to 80 and PvP stuff starts.

soooo i just saw this premade of 10 mages **** this WSG. the true question is.....

what 10 man class specific premade would be the best if they all faced each other.

im thinking......priest/drood

but i like to think that rouge/mage would be really good @ them too.

D20

Smash Lord
I might play Friday. School just got super serious, but I might show for 2 hours or so. I know Sheik is really interested in playing some, too.

Also, I'll cast my vote for 10 shadowstep ambush rogues. I haven't spec'd ambush yet at 80, but judging from my mutilate build I would have to guess ambushes can hit 8k. I'll have to try ambush again for fun.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Sometimes I hit for 4k criticals as Prot... :'(

That reminds me, Alan, I out-did a Balance druid on Damage Meters during some instancing. And Taki. And a Holy Paladin (lol) But not the Ret paladin.

Though I assume it was just a matter of levels, but I don't remember if the Druid was 80 or not. He seemed intelligent enough to know what he was doing though.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
SOOO

middle of OHIO is kinda a bust whether its this weekend or whenever. Im not be around anyways.

friday crew:

myself
rob
stephan
taki
shiek
logan+2 others

these are all like certains no approximation here son.

TheLake

Smash Master
Oh boy that sure sounds fun!

"Middle of ohio is a bust so lets bust a move on friday" tourney anyone?!

Winner gets to play me in a game of killer instinct or checkers

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
checkers has been solved its not a real game anymore imo.

ohio tourney probly will be held still. 4% told me maybe next weekend. I haven't checked the thread for a few days since I will not be around no matter when they have it this month. point is, its still going on. It is only a bust for me and probly a few others. anything around this time (tourney wise) is a bust for me(finals and stuff are coming)

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Legitimately killed a Ret pally.

I win.
Legitimately got IRONMAN achievement PRIOR to them nerfing ret paladins after the new talent launch @ level 70. On 10/16/2008.

I win moar :bee:

That was when Ret Pallies were doing excess of 1 million dmg in a WSG. Haha

EDIT: This was done on my priest. They are so broken

Raziel744

Smash Apprentice
I killed and camped a geared out death knight because he stole a daily mob. They're more OP than ret btw.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
checkers has been solved its not a real game anymore imo.

ohio tourney probly will be held still. 4% told me maybe next weekend. I haven't checked the thread for a few days since I will not be around no matter when they have it this month. point is, its still going on. It is only a bust for me and probly a few others. anything around this time (tourney wise) is a bust for me(finals and stuff are coming)
Checkers is a mad easy game.

Well, do you know who is indefinitely driving to Ohio that weekend?

Sidenote: Check out my sweet new project.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/VPhunter/Controller-1.jpg
: ) Its gonna be awesome.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
naka u make fighting sticks? or is it graphics and 3d models that u make?

far as i know no one is driving as of now. If theres a date confirmed then perhaps it'll get ppl more excited bout i

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Both, those are the designs for a stick i will be building in the near future. AutoCAD = too good.

I guess i'll just wait for another one in philly then. : /

TheLake

Smash Master
@ Swift - I <3 techno too! Let us dance the night away!

@ Naka- Ooooh when your done make me one, just throw it on my already generous fee

@ Steve - Done, winner gets to step on "twighlight"

@ Swift and Naka - HOW DARE YOU INSULT CHECKERS! WHERES YOUR SENSE OF SACRAFICE, INTELLECT, AND HONOR?!!!!!

Only fools belittle a game for fools...and those fools also play red

Top Bottom