• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official PGRv5 Reveal Thread!

Iridium

Smash Hero
As suar has noted, the PGRv5 will have its first reveals today, being the area 51 members! I will update this thread when the reveals are done, and anyone here can help me too, if you want.

#1: MkLeo :4marth::4cloud2::4lucina::4bayonetta2: (+3)
#2: Tweek :4bayonetta2::4cloud2::4dk: (+3)
#3: Dabuz :rosalina::4olimar: (+3)
#4: Nairo :4zss::4bowser:(-1)
#5: Salem :4bayonetta:(-3)
#6: Mistake :4bayonetta2::4zss: (+7)
#7: Cosmos :4corrinf: (+10)
#8: Mr. R :4sheik: (+2)
#9: Captain Zack :4bayonetta2::4peach::4wiifit: (+9)
#10: komorikiri :4cloud2::4sonic::4corrinf::4feroy: (+6)
#11: VoiD :4sheik::4zss: (-2)
#12: Samsora :4peach::rosalina::4zss:(+10)
#13: Light :4fox:(+34)
#14: Fatality :4falcon:(+24)
#15: Abadango :4mewtwo::4bayonetta: (+0)
#16: Larry Lurr :4fox::4diddy: (-9)
#17: ANTi :4mario::4zss: (+3)
#18: Elegant :4luigi: (-7)
#19: Lima :4bayonetta2: (+5)
#20: falln :rosalina: (+21)
#21: ESAM :4pikachu: (+0)
#22: WaDi :4mewtwo::4rob: (-10)
#23: Raito :4duckhunt:(+9)
#24: Kameme :4megaman::4sheik: (+20)
#25: Marss :4zss:(-6)
#26: Shuton :4olimar: (+1)
#27: SDX :4mewtwo: (NEW)
#28: Zinoto :4diddy:(+3)
#29: Wrath :4sonic::4bayonetta2: (RETURNING)
#30: KEN :4sonic: (-22)
#31: MVD :4diddy: (-6)
#32: Choco :4zss: (+4)
#33: Ally :4mario: (-19)
#34: Vinnie :4sheik::rosalina: (+12)
#35: Shoyo James :4diddy::4luigi: (+7)
#36: Captain L :4pikachu: (NEW)
#37: Nietono :4sheik::4diddy: (RETURNING)
#38: AC :4metaknight::4falco: (+12)
#39: Tyroy :4bayonetta:(+1)
#40: Rags :4metaknight: (NEW)
#41: shky :4zss: (NEW)
#42: Ned :4cloud2::4zss: (RETURNING)
#43: Zenyou :4mario: (+6)
#44: Maister :4gaw: (NEW)
#45: Darkshad :4ryu: (-19)
#46: Tsu- :4lucario::4ryu: (-12)
#47: 6WX :4sonic: (-4)
#48: Sinji :4pacman: (NEW)
#49: Locus :4ryu: (+2)
#50: Kirihara :rosalina:(-21)

Area 51:
Kome :4shulk: (NEW)
Eim :4sheik: (NEW)
Karna :4sheik: (NEW)
Manny :4sonic: (-28)
Chag :4bayonetta2: (NEW)

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
#41-50 is here now.

50th: Kirihara:rosalina:
49th: Locus:4ryu:(:4bayonetta2:)
48th: Sinji:4pacman:
47th: 6WX:4sonic:
46th: Tsu-:4lucario:(:4ryu:)
45th: Darkshad:4ryu:
44th: Maister:4gaw:
43rd: Zenyou:4mario:
42nd: Ned:4cloud2:(:4zss:)
41st: shky:4zss:

Iridium

Smash Hero
#41-50 is here now.

50th: Kirihara:rosalina:
49th: Locus:4ryu:(:4bayonetta2:)
48th: Sinji:4pacman:
47th: 6WX:4sonic:
46th: Tsu-:4lucario:(:4ryu:)
45th: Darkshad:4ryu:
44th: Maister:4gaw:
43rd: Zenyou:4mario:
42nd: Ned:4cloud2:(:4zss:)
41st: shky:4zss:
Dang it. T got snubbed, and where is Choco? I guess he will still be top 40 then.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Karna got some good wins after he spent time farming Lima and learning to SDI. Really looking forward to watching him progress more.

I’m legit stoked that Eim and Kome are getting some recognition too, after being such consistent beasts over in Japan.

I’m wondering where Choco is going to end up. It’s one of the bigger tragedies of the Sm4sh meta that he had such limited exposure in the West. I’ll do a write up/analysis on him before Ultimate, because I believe he would have likely been a consistent top 10 player given the chance. He would have also been a neat contrast to Marsss and Nairo.

Beyond that, I’m also wondering if SDX’s breakout will give him a decent spot. He’s only just started really traveling, and I could see him carrying this momentum into becomeing a regular top 8 threat.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Karna got some good wins after he spent time farming Lima and learning to SDI. Really looking forward to watching him progress more.

I’m legit stoked that Eim and Kome are getting some recognition too, after being such consistent beasts over in Japan.

I’m wondering where Choco is going to end up. It’s one of the bigger tragedies of the Sm4sh meta that he had such limited exposure in the West. I’ll do a write up/analysis on him before Ultimate, because I believe he would have likely been a consistent top 10 player given the chance. He would have also been a neat contrast to Marsss and Nairo.

Beyond that, I’m also wondering if SDX’s breakout will give him a decent spot. He’s only just started really traveling, and I could see him carrying this momentum into becomeing a regular top 8 threat.
What do you think about MVD? I don't know what to say for him, aside from noting the lack of PGR wins he has compared to last season.

I have a bad feeling T will get snubbed, which still confuses me, mostly because I feel like he did way better than Kome this season. Choco is a mystery, but he definitely is confirmed to be somewhere.

To those who want zaki though, ouch.

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
What do you think about MVD? I don't what to say for him, aside from noting the lack of PGR wins he has compared to last season.

I have a bad feeling T will get snubbed, which still confuses me, mostly because I feel like he did way better than Kome this season. Choco is a mystery, but he definitely is confirmed to be somewhere.

MVD got 5th at Genesis 5, so I would say at least top 40.

I thought T did better tbh (which is why I put him in my predicted PGR v5 Honorable Mentions awhile back). We will have to see how he will fare in Smash Ultimate. Choco is indeed somewhere in the PGR, especially after winning the B tiered Umebura 32.

Outside of not participating much, the only PGR'ed player zaki beat in Hyrule Saga was MkLeo. Although it is a big PGR'ed win, it is not enough. He furthermore drowned in pools at CEO 2018.

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
Outside of not participating much, the only PGR'ed player zaki beat in Hyrule Saga was MkLeo. Although it is a big PGR'ed win, it is not enough. He furthermore drowned in pools at CEO 2018.
For what it's worth, though, he did also beat Rags, who will almost certainly be on the ranking as well.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
For what it's worth, though, he did also beat Rags, who will almost certainly be on the ranking as well.
Yeah, but it only counts against players who are ranked in the previous season. New players that are about to be ranked doesn't count.

I know that because I watched the PGR'ed videos on v4, and it displays how that functions.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
What do you think about MVD? I don't what to say for him, aside from noting the lack of PGR wins he has compared to last season.

T is like KEN: being primarily a player in Japan, his PGR lives and dies by his ability to travel. If he only travels a couple times, and underperforms, it hurts him ridiculously hard. If T lived in the States, he would be a constant fixture on the PGR, because the pressure to do well would be able to be spread over way more opportunities.

MVD: I don’t know. He’s had good placings, but seldom has had some really meaty wins. He basically fits a top 50 player profile:

1. He’d most certainly murder most states PR’d players

2. He does exceedingly well in a tough region

3. At national tournaments, he always makes it into bracket

4. He beats who he is supposed to be able to beat

5. He struggles with top 20 players, but can win occasionally

6. Top 10 players are almost always his final stop.

His best wins are against Salem, WaDi, and Samsora. He beat Sam recently, too.

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
Yeah, but it only counts against players who are ranked in the previous season. New players that are about to be ranked doesn't count.

I know that because I watched the PGR'ed videos on v4, and it displays how that functions.
No, that's not how the actual rankings are done. On the videos, it only shows previously ranked to assess skill while avoiding spoilers for the rest of the list. (Much of the PGRv3 was spoiled because it showed the actual ranking criteria.)

Iridium

Smash Hero
I just realized: will Mr. E fall off? There is a likelihood that it may happen, assuming that it is noted how silent his been compared to other players.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
I just realized: will Mr. E fall off? There is a likelihood that it may happen, assuming that it is noted how silent his been compared to other players.
He might, mostly due to a lack of winning sets against PGR'ed players. There is still a possibility he will be there, but we will have to wait.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
#40-31 is here now.

40th: Rags:4metaknight:(:4bayonetta2:) New
39th: tyroy:4bayonetta:(:4metaknight:) +1
38th: AC:4metaknight:(:4falco:) +12
37th: Nietono:4sheik::4diddy:
36th: Captain L:4pikachu:(:4jigglypuff:) New
35th: Shoyo James:4diddy::4luigi: +7
34th: Vinnie:4sheik::rosalina: +12
33rd: Ally:4mario: -19
32nd: Choco:4zss: +4
31st: MVD:4diddy: -6

Iridium

Smash Hero
#40-31 is here now.

40th: Rags:4metaknight:(:4bayonetta2:) New
39th: tyroy:4bayonetta:(:4metaknight:) +1
38th: AC:4metaknight:(:4falco:) +12
37th: Nietono:4sheik::4diddy:
36th: Captain L:4pikachu:(:4jigglypuff:) New
35th: Shoyo James:4diddy::4luigi: +7
34th: Vinnie:4sheik::rosalina: +12
33rd: Ally:4mario: -19
32nd: Choco:4zss: +4
31st: MVD:4diddy: -6
This is hurting me so badly. I feel bad for T. Out of the players here, I'm shocked Ally is below MVD, but I guess I don't understand what is being looked for in players. MVD is apparently 1-11 vs. the top 50, so placements probably meant more.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
When this is all said and done, I'd love to see a "matchup-chart" for tourney wins and losses between the players over the data period.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
When this is all said and done, I'd love to see a "matchup-chart" for tourney wins and losses between the players over the data period.
I think we discussed that earlier, and the result was that apparently Ganon would go +1 over Sonic.

Either way, I don't think it is an accurate way of describing matchup charts.

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
Player matchups or character matchups? Either way, I might be able to put something together.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I mean, what is Dabuz vs. MkLeo's history for this year? In a giant grid.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
What a surprise: Choco moves up four spots and never played a game overseas.

Props to Nietono’s staying power.

And good stuff to Rags for getting into Top 40. He may have been murdered by Elegant, but he also ripped his way through quite a few top players.

Iridium

Smash Hero
What a surprise: Choco moves up four spots and never played a game overseas.

Props to Nietono’s staying power.

And good stuff to Rags for getting into Top 40. He may have been murdered by Elegant, but he also ripped his way through quite a few top players.
Rags? Don't you mean, Agan? :troll:

Top Bottom